ImageImageImageImageImage

TKF Retires As A Moderator!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

TKF Retires As A Moderator! 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:06 pm

RealGM Knicks Forum Users,

Usually, I do not make Moderator Retirement announcements on team forums but this is one of those exceptions.

A few weeks ago, a legend and longtime Moderator on this forum TKF asked if we could have a chat. During the discussion, he told me loves being a Moderator but his family and most specifically his kids deserved more of his time. He told me that he will still be around and is not deserting us but did say that he would like to be retired as a Moderator.

Over the years, TKF has been one of the most popular posters on this forum with his Game Analysis threads and straight-talk opinions. There might not be a bigger fan than TKF on our Knicks Forum.

The best thing about him is he is giving up something he loves to do (Moderating) just so he would have less online responsibility and can spend more time with his kids. It takes a great guy to do that and very few Moderators who have been crunched for time have been willing to do that.

It is good to know that TKF will still be here as a poster though.

Please join me in thanking TKF for his great and longtime service to this forum as a Moderator.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Re: TKF Retires As A Moderator! 

Post#2 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Take care, TKF. You served well.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,660

Post#3 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:13 pm

GONYK wrote:Take care, TKF. You served well.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,368

Post#4 » by Grinditout » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Your "Keys to the Game" threads were classics. Props to you and good luck with your family.
Hijinks
Analyst
And1: 1,327

Post#5 » by Hijinks » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Wish you all the best, TKF. Always enjoyed reading your thoughtful posts and especially your keys.
too many urkels on your team, that's why your wins low
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#6 » by TKF » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:54 pm

thanks fellas, I know most didn't agree with my views, but first and foremost I will always be a knick fan, and love the knicks, I just didn't think it was fair to be such a sour puss consistently with those of you who really are behind what is going on now.

When I found myself being sucked into arguments and not being able to stop, I realized this was a problem.. posting here was an outlet for me after my mom died in 2001, pretty much the same time I signed up.... It was always fun, and I need to find that joy posting again... taking time off has helped a lot and I plan to take a lot more off..

the forum deserves someone more constructive at this point.... and my family deserves more of my time.....

I will be around, I am pulling for the knicks to kick arse and do well....

again, thanks fellas...

GO KNICKS!
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#7 » by DE FENSE » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:59 pm

Your reasons for stepping down are noble. Much respect TKF.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,673

Post#8 » by mpharris36 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:00 pm

TKF, I must say we tend to disagree from time to time.

But you have to know that well before even joinging realgm as a poster I always read you "keys". They were classic and I remember when I wasn't able to watch a game I knew I could just hop on realgm and get a great synopsis of the game.

Family first, but I hope you stick around and chat basketball, I feel as knicks fans we are in for an exciting season!
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by TKF » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:02 pm

mpharris36 wrote:TKF, I must say we tend to disagree from time to time.

But you have to know that well before even joinging realgm as a poster I always read you "keys". They were classic and I remember when I wasn't able to watch a game I knew I could just hop on realgm and get a great synopsis of the game.

Family first, but I hope you stick around and chat basketball, I feel as knicks fans we are in for an exciting season!

oh, I will be around, maybe not as much, but I will be around. I always enjoy a good realgm debate.... :D

and thanks...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by TKF » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:03 pm

DE FENSE wrote:Your reasons for stepping down are noble. Much respect TKF.

thanks..
Appleshampoo
Starter
And1: 916

Post#11 » by Appleshampoo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:23 pm

The Keys were really appreciated. Your a hell of a game analyzer. Good luck with everything!
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#12 » by j4remi » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:26 pm

One of the first posters I was able to really have discussions with and a driving force in my sticking around these boards (the keys kept me coming back around). It's good to know you won't be leaving entirely. Definitely one of the most influential mods from the time I joined on too man, I have nothing but respect and gratitude to send you. Thanks for everything you've done for the boards and hopefully you'll get back to being active soon.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
bronxknicksfan1
Starter
And1: 1,319

Post#13 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Will miss the Gallo love :(
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by TKF » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:32 pm

j4remi wrote:One of the first posters I was able to really have discussions with and a driving force in my sticking around these boards (the keys kept me coming back around). It's good to know you won't be leaving entirely. Definitely one of the most influential mods from the time I joined on too man, I have nothing but respect and gratitude to send you. Thanks for everything you've done for the boards and hopefully you'll get back to being active soon.

thanks remi.. and keep up the good work..
moabu08
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#15 » by moabu08 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Grinditout wrote:Your "Keys to the Game" threads were classics. Props to you and good luck with your family.

Best of luck with everything!
bklynstoops
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#16 » by bklynstoops » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:39 pm

really? that sucks. hope you still continue to offer a dissenting opinion now and then.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,558

Post#17 » by cgmw » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:57 pm

TKF wrote:thanks fellas, I know most didn't agree with my views, but first and foremost I will always be a knick fan, and love the knicks, I just didn't think it was fair to be such a sour puss consistently with those of you who really are behind what is going on now.

When I found myself being sucked into arguments and not being able to stop, I realized this was a problem.. posting here was an outlet for me after my mom died in 2001, pretty much the same time I signed up.... It was always fun, and I need to find that joy posting again... taking time off has helped a lot and I plan to take a lot more off..

the forum deserves someone more constructive at this point.... and my family deserves more of my time.....

I will be around, I am pulling for the knicks to kick arse and do well....

again, thanks fellas...

GO KNICKS!

Good for you, man. I hope this allows you to take the gloves off and let everybody know how it really is. One thing I love most about this board is when people with different views are unwilling to back down. Honestly, I never really got into the Keys. What I love is your completely intelligent contrarian viewpoint and bulldog refusal to back down.

Nobody has put up with more idiotic fanboy abuse than you. If anyone deserves a nice happy "retirement..."

Man. First Gallo gets squeezed out by Melo. Then D'Antoni and Lin. Now TKF. What a douche! ;)
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#18 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Always enjoyed reading TKF's "Keys" which are legendary. We didn't always agree and had a couple spats, but I never doubted your love for our team. Thanks. See you around.
Free Palestine
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#19 » by gavran » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Should've made a good-bye ban. Take care.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#20 » by CoolKids » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Return to New York Knicks