ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#41 » by Mr_Perfect » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:58 pm

falcindor wrote:I think Kenyon makes sense if they make a move on Brandon Jennings. Jenninngs is going to cost NY some young talent. Brewer, Copeland, Felton, Wallace.

Felton, Brewer, Wallace, Copeland, and 2013 2nd round pick
for
Brandon Jennings + Ekpe Udoh

I think your post makes no sense.

What does signing K-Mart have to do with Brandon Jennings?

What a puzzling post.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#42 » by waya » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:59 pm

Mr_Perfect wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:The fact that no one has signed him seems like a red flag to me.

Well, he's not really good anymore. He's a 35 year old player who was only good to begin with because he was an athletic freak. I'm sure he can still provide some solid defense and rebounding in short spurts but anyone expecting the old K-Mart should temper expectations. He will just be insurance for Rasheed. In terms of skill level, I don't think he would make a bigger impact than even Kurt.

He seemed pretty productive for LA last season.
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#43 » by SaveUsKP6 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:59 pm

Mr_Perfect wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:The fact that no one has signed him seems like a red flag to me.

Well, he's not really good anymore. He's a 35 year old player who was only good to begin with because he was an athletic freak. I'm sure he can still provide some solid defense and rebounding in short spurts but anyone expecting the old K-Mart should temper expectations. He will just be insurance for Rasheed. In terms of skill level, I don't think he would make a bigger impact than even Kurt.

You happen to catch any of the playoffs last year? He was a pretty big reason the Clippers did what they did in the first round to Memphis. He was taking Deandre Jordan's minutes because of the way he was defending. I don't want to cut Kurt, but to even PRETEND like Kenyon isn't 5 times the player Kurt is (or at least Kenyon from last year's playoffs), that's just absurd.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#44 » by Falstaffxx » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:03 am

louieOrr wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:new york nuggicks

Dont forget the Kid/ Martin dynamic as well. Those 2 played their best ball together. Its a no brainer IMHO. Bring in Kmart and cut White if you can get him.

Well yeah, back when they were on the NJ Nets. :P
rdogg1026
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#45 » by rdogg1026 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:03 am

falcindor wrote:I think Kenyon makes sense if they make a move on Brandon Jennings. Jenninngs is going to cost NY some young talent. Brewer, Copeland, Felton, Wallace.

for

WHAT THE HELL?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#46 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:04 am

rdogg1026 wrote:

for

WHAT THE HELL?

It makes sense when you realize falcindor is always on his own planet
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,012

Post#47 » by blue and orange » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:08 am

gotta make it happen, it keeps the Celtics and Heat from signing him, getting a big is an absolute need for the Heat, its a luxury for us. Cut White we gotta keep Kurt hes doing ok in limited minutes, he is a great guy to have on the roster for leadership and changing the culture of the knicks and I want to see him win a ring. Just once I would love to see Tyson, Camby, Sheed, Martin, Thomas on the floor together I know that would never happened but that would be very intimidating.
melo mvp 15
Assistant Coach
And1: 393

Post#48 » by melo mvp 15 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:08 am

While I would love to get Kenyon on this team (I've wanted him for a while, I thought we'd sign him this summer before we got Camby and Sheed)... at this point, idk man. It means less time for Melo at the 4. With Tyson, Amar'e, and Camby all deserving minutes (not to mention Cope and Novak), I really don't see where we need him. And if Sheed does come back soon, he's definitely earned a spot. And while I love KMart's feistiness, I think Kurt's calm demeanor is much more needed in the locker room.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,118

Post#49 » by blueNorange » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:08 am

falcindor is a bath salt
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#50 » by 21shumpshumpst » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:10 am

blueNorange wrote:falcindor is a bath salt

:rofl: :rofl:
louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#51 » by louieOrr » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:15 am

Falstaffxx wrote:
louieOrr wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:new york nuggicks

Dont forget the Kid/ Martin dynamic as well. Those 2 played their best ball together. Its a no brainer IMHO. Bring in Kmart and cut White if you can get him.

Well yeah, back when they were on the NJ Nets. :P

haha I know I know. You know what im saying though. The experience those two have playing together can only benefit us.
Orange Mamba
Analyst
And1: 3,224

Post#52 » by Orange Mamba » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:15 am

If we go through with this, Woody will definitely have a task on his hands with settling on a rotation once everyone's healthy
falcindor
General Manager
And1: 144

Post#53 » by falcindor » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:17 am

Knicks obviously are going to make a move this year. No way they keep JR, Brewer, Shumpert, White, Novak all fighting to stay on the court with Melo. Knicks need to pair down their 2-3 spot. Felton is Felton but we need someone with higher ceiling. Its a great time to make a move because Felton value cant be higher. Brandon is streaky but he brings great speed. Who but Kidd is better to mentor him. Its a special opportunity getting this kid on a rookie salary and being able to sign him with Bird rights. Were talking about the Atlantic Division with Rondo, Wall, Deron, Lowry.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,010

Post#54 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:20 am

falcindor wrote:Knicks obviously are going to make a move this year. No way they keep JR, Brewer, Shumpert, White, Novak all fighting to stay on the court with Melo. Knicks need to pair down their 2-3 spot. Felton is Felton but we need someone with higher ceiling. Its a great time to make a move because Felton value cant be higher. Brandon is streaky but he brings great speed. Who but Kidd is better to mentor him. Its a special opportunity getting this kid on a rookie salary and being able to sign him with Bird rights. Were talking about the Atlantic Division with Rondo, Wall, Deron, Lowry.

i'm not sure what went on but one day you need to explain what happened to you.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#55 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:27 am

Woj is pretty reliable, and considering the chain of events, not surprised less than a day later this would come out.

I'm always on board for improving the team, see ya later White...sorry about the dunk contest.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,012

Post#56 » by blue and orange » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:29 am

BKrab3 wrote:If we go through with this, Woody will definitely have a task on his hands with settling on a rotation once everyone's healthy

He will but its worth taking a chance on, Woody can sit him down and explain to Martin that this is how its going to be you have to be all in and accept any role your asked. Im glad im not the one who has to worry about the rotation. Look at it this way if we sign Kenyon he would be playing half a season, so would Sheed when he returns it puts less wear and tear on their bodies and will be fresher come playoff time. A deeper roster is all the more needed with an older roster.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#57 » by kane » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:33 am

This move has everything to do with not being able to depend on sheed staying healthy and how much the Knicks D has dropped off since he's been gone
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#58 » by moocow007 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:35 am

ctorres wrote:If we cut Kurt, can we just make him as an assistant coach? I'd like to keep him on.

Yes have him teach all the guys on the crazyeyes stare.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#59 » by moocow007 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:36 am

Come...buh bye Kurt and White...hello Kenyon and Delonte!
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#60 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:39 am

moocow007 wrote:Come...buh bye Kurt and White...hello Kenyon and Delonte!

More goons!! :lol:
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten

Return to New York Knicks