ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Novak.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#61 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:18 pm

i love that so many people think they understand basketball and try to prove it with stats and trades.

its hysterical

Im astounded that people didnt understand that Amare struggled so much last year because he played most of the season without a PG

Im equally astounded that people dont see why Novak is struggling to play because there are no other legit scorers on the floor and no penetration.

With Melo and Felton there is a chance that Novak will get open. Even if he doesnt hes gonna spread the floor for those guys to operate.

the problem we have is that we are playing him when we are desperate for scoring and lacking opportunities to get him in a scoring position.

Novak cant be effective in this lineup unless someone is doubling off of him onto Amare or Melo or Smith
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#62 » by DrKnick » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Man, you guys are funny! :lol:
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#63 » by Nostrand Ave » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:00 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:i love that so many people think they understand basketball and try to prove it with stats and trades.

its hysterical

Im astounded that people didnt understand that Amare struggled so much last year because he played most of the season without a PG

Im equally astounded that people dont see why Novak is struggling to play because there are no other legit scorers on the floor and no penetration.

With Melo and Felton there is a chance that Novak will get open. Even if he doesnt hes gonna spread the floor for those guys to operate.

the problem we have is that we are playing him when we are desperate for scoring and lacking opportunities to get him in a scoring position.

Novak cant be effective in this lineup unless someone is doubling off of him onto Amare or Melo or Smith

He's had many trash performances when these said missing players were in the lineup. The excuses just pile up for Novak.

Novak cant be effective in this lineup unless someone is doubling off of him? Seems like Novak cant do a lot of things.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#64 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:03 pm

We all know Novak is a wide open three point shooter, so what's the debate?

Get him open to take the shots, I'd bet those dudes down in South Beach could do it.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#65 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:10 pm

I really hate some of you guys. seriously trade Novak? He's the lest of our problems
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#66 » by fdr2012 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:21 pm

People here are missing the biggest development regarding Novak. After the Celtics abused him on defense, Woodson seemed to take my advice and played zone when Novak was on the court. The zone wasn't coordinated too well, but it still worked to a certain degree and we were able to hide Novak with it.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#67 » by Johnny Hoops » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:47 pm

I like Steve Novak but I really do think he's very overrated on this board.

I love the suggestion of Novak for Jordan Hill -- Hill would give us a young, long, solid back-up at PF position --- so we don't have to keep relying on guys hobbling around on their last legs.

In the playoffs defenses ramp up their intensity and either stay on a guy like Novak or close out much quicker than some regular season games. In the playoffs teams also take advantage of mis-matches more often and Novak will be singled out every time he enters the game.

If Mike D wants a shooter out in LA --- I'd take Hill off his hands.

With our full compliment of players ---- we have guys like Kidd, JR, Shump, Cope, Felton, Sheed & Melo who can all knock down a three ball --- I'd prefer a young PF like a Hill over a one-trick pony who can be taken out of the game so easily.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#68 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Nostrand Ave wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:i love that so many people think they understand basketball and try to prove it with stats and trades.

its hysterical

He's had many trash performances when these said missing players were in the lineup. The excuses just pile up for Novak.

Novak cant be effective in this lineup unless someone is doubling off of him? Seems like Novak cant do a lot of things.

Hes a role player and an excellent one at his role

get him open and you can get 15 points in 4 mins out of him

let him stay covered and you get nothing

we need to use him better, no move him
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#69 » by Nostrand Ave » Sat Feb 2, 2013 3:58 am

Only 8 minutes for Novak. Coach Woodson wised up. :lol:
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,368

Post#70 » by Grinditout » Sat Feb 2, 2013 4:03 am

The thing with Novak is that he's not very mobile or quick at all, can't really run around screens well. Which makes it harder to get him open.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#71 » by SuperflyKnick » Sat Feb 2, 2013 4:16 am

Novak and Copland for Wilson chandler....Knicks get a player who can start for thm and den gets rid of a logjam at wingman and gives them a 3 put shooter they lack
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,368

Post#72 » by Grinditout » Sat Feb 2, 2013 4:25 am

SuperflyKnick wrote:Novak and Copland for Wilson chandler....Knicks get a player who can start for thm and den gets rid of a logjam at wingman and gives them a 3 put shooter they lack

Denver wouldn't do that deal.
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#73 » by 2010 » Sat Feb 2, 2013 5:07 am

SuperflyKnick wrote:Novak and Copland for Wilson chandler....Knicks get a player who can start for thm and den gets rid of a logjam at wingman and gives them a 3 put shooter they lack

That's what I've been saying for a while now. Novak/Brewer/Copeland/Pick for Wilson Chandler

Felton / Kidd
Shumpert / Smith
Anthony / W. Chandler
Stoudemire / Wallace
T. Chandler / Camby

CHAMPIONSHIP

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#74 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Sat Feb 2, 2013 5:49 am

2010 wrote:

That's what I've been saying for a while now. Novak/Brewer/Copeland/Pick for Wilson Chandler

Felton / Kidd
Shumpert / Smith
Anthony / W. Chandler
Stoudemire / Wallace
T. Chandler / Camby

CHAMPIONSHIP

And who would the nuggets cut to take those scrubs off our hands?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
OakFlagrant2
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#75 » by OakFlagrant2 » Sat Feb 2, 2013 7:08 am

I want this trash Novak off my team... 6 years, 6 god damned years this chucker has been in the NBA and he still cant play even the slightest of defense.

Brian Cardinal, Matt Bonner, Kyle Korver, Brian Scalabrine all figured out they needed to play at least a little D to be a positive sum player but this chucker refuses.

Novak's 6.6% better 3 point shooting does not make him a better player than Copeland, who is a better Defender(especially in the post), Rebounder, Passer, and can actually create his own shot.

Novak should only be subbed in on end of quarter offensive possesions, he kills the team D anytime he is on the floor. I have no Idea WTF woody is thinking when he puts Novak, Cope and STAT out there together.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,348

Post#76 » by Phish Tank » Sat Feb 2, 2013 7:15 am

OakFlagrant2 wrote:I want this trash Novak off my team... 6 years, 6 god damned years this chucker has been in the NBA and he still cant play even the slightest of defense.

Brian Cardinal, Matt Bonner, Kyle Korver, Brian Scalabrine all figured out they needed to play at least a little D to be a positive sum player but this chucker refuses.

Novak's 6.6% better 3 point shooting does not make him a better player than Copeland, who is a better Defender(especially in the post), Rebounder, Passer, and can actually create his own shot.

Novak should only be subbed in on end of quarter offensive possesions, he kills the team D anytime he is on the floor. I have no Idea WTF woody is thinking when he puts Novak, Cope and STAT out there together.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Copeland makes Novak look like Tyson on defense.
OakFlagrant2
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#77 » by OakFlagrant2 » Sat Feb 2, 2013 7:22 am

vdfebduderocks wrote:
OakFlagrant2 wrote:I want this trash Novak off my team... 6 years, 6 god damned years this chucker has been in the NBA and he still cant play even the slightest of defense.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Copeland makes Novak look like Tyson on defense.

Is that you Mike D'antoni?

Cope's D is way ahead of Novaks, especially in the post. I've actually seen Novak run away from the man he should be defending, it makes me sick to see such a horrible defender in a New York Uni.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,612

Post#78 » by youngthegiant » Sat Feb 2, 2013 7:55 am

2010 wrote:

Felton / Kidd
Shumpert / Smith
Anthony / W. Chandler
Stoudemire / Wallace
T. Chandler / Camby

CHAMPIONSHIP

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc[/youtube]

no...........
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#79 » by E-Balla » Sat Feb 2, 2013 8:07 am

youngthegiant wrote:
2010 wrote:

Felton / Kidd
Shumpert / Smith
Anthony / W. Chandler
Stoudemire / Wallace
T. Chandler / Camby

CHAMPIONSHIP

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc[/youtube]

no...........

:rofl:

Man this thread is crazy. Trade away one of the 5 best shooters in the league? We're a three point shooting team but aside from him, Cope, Kidd, and Melo there's no one who can consistently hit threes. And Cope is Cope on defense... At least Novak tries.
projectpaki
Pro Prospect
And1: 45

Post#80 » by projectpaki » Sat Feb 2, 2013 12:41 pm

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/3P ... DD=Default

I like Kyle Korver over Novak who is a free agent at the end of the season. If we could/have funds/makes sense to sign Korver in the offseason then I'd like to flip Novak for maybe a draft pick, I just don't see any trade scenarios happening anytime soon tho.

Return to New York Knicks