ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The flu

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Thugger HBC, Knickstape1214, NoLayupRule, Thorn, j4remi, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion, GONYK

User avatar
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
Posts: 24,445
And1: 3,848
Joined: May 16, 2005
Location: Harlem, New York
       

OT: The flu 

Post#1 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Anybody else here suffering from the flu? I got a temp of 100.8, aches all over, don't wanna eat. I'm taking Zicam and Alleve for symptoms and sleeping a lot. Any suggestions?
"Melo, get the rebound!"
User avatar
NYKinMIA
Analyst
Posts: 3,478
And1: 1,566
Joined: Jul 26, 2012
Location: - Jill Martin's thong
 

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#2 » by NYKinMIA » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Image
21shumpshumpst
Veteran
Posts: 2,655
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#3 » by 21shumpshumpst » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:32 pm

You want a suggestion? How about you stop being cheap and go to the doctor and get some real medicine you hippie. Its the damn flu that over the counter crap is not going to cut it.
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User
Posts: 4,536
And1: 798
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
Location: Downtown

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#4 » by Bran Fast Hands » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 pm

A few years ago I started trying what I had thought was just a myth. At the first on set of a cold/flu I mega dose zinc and Vitamin c. I've found it not only alleviates the seriousness of the symptoms but cuts the duration of the cold in about half.
User avatar
boomann21
RealGM
Posts: 24,448
And1: 1,446
Joined: Dec 07, 2005
Location: In the Wind

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#5 » by boomann21 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 pm

A bulb or two of Garlic, Honey(but not cherrios), Apple Cider Vinegar, and a couple of lemons should do the job. Make you a drink out of these ingredients and I'm almost certain your body will start to fight off that bug. I just got over it and I also bought some of those packs of vitamin c that you put in your drink.
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 24,327
And1: 4,067
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#6 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:Anybody else here suffering from the flu? I got a temp of 100.8, aches all over, don't wanna eat. I'm taking Zicam and Alleve for symptoms and sleeping a lot. Any suggestions?


I can help you Wingo...
User avatar
JSmooth93
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,268
And1: 1,768
Joined: Oct 24, 2012
   

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#7 » by JSmooth93 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Whatever you do don't get a flu shot.
Yeah, I'm a conspiracist.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
Posts: 24,445
And1: 3,848
Joined: May 16, 2005
Location: Harlem, New York
       

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#8 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:You want a suggestion? How about you stop being cheap and go to the doctor and get some real medicine you hippie. Its the damn flu that over the counter crap is not going to cut it.



You pussy. :wink: I've never gone to the doctor for the flu.
"Melo, get the rebound!"
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
Posts: 24,445
And1: 3,848
Joined: May 16, 2005
Location: Harlem, New York
       

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#9 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:Anybody else here suffering from the flu? I got a temp of 100.8, aches all over, don't wanna eat. I'm taking Zicam and Alleve for symptoms and sleeping a lot. Any suggestions?


I can help you Wingo...



Lay it on me bro.
"Melo, get the rebound!"
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 24,327
And1: 4,067
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#10 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Bran Fast Hands wrote:A few years ago I started trying what I had thought was just a myth. At the first on set of a cold/flu I mega dose zinc and Vitamin c. I've found it not only alleviates the seriousness of the symptoms but cuts the duration of the cold in about half.


You need to be careful with mega-dosing with Vitamin C and you want to consume only natural sources of Vitamin C... ascorbic acid isn't bio-available so your body ends up rejecting most of it.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
Posts: 24,445
And1: 3,848
Joined: May 16, 2005
Location: Harlem, New York
       

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#11 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:40 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:A few years ago I started trying what I had thought was just a myth. At the first on set of a cold/flu I mega dose zinc and Vitamin c. I've found it not only alleviates the seriousness of the symptoms but cuts the duration of the cold in about half.


You need to be careful with mega-dosing with Vitamin C and you want to consume only natural sources of Vitamin C... ascorbic acid isn't bio-available so your body ends up rejecting most of it.


I'm taking 1000 mg a day plus drinking a lot of OJ.
"Melo, get the rebound!"
21shumpshumpst
Veteran
Posts: 2,655
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#12 » by 21shumpshumpst » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:43 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:You want a suggestion? How about you stop being cheap and go to the doctor and get some real medicine you hippie. Its the damn flu that over the counter crap is not going to cut it.



You pussy. :wink: I've never gone to the doctor for the flu.


That's cuz you are cheap and prob have crap insurance. Get a real flu on and not this pussy cold you have. 100 degree temperature and you are crying like a bitch.
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User
Posts: 4,536
And1: 798
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
Location: Downtown

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#13 » by Bran Fast Hands » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:A few years ago I started trying what I had thought was just a myth. At the first on set of a cold/flu I mega dose zinc and Vitamin c. I've found it not only alleviates the seriousness of the symptoms but cuts the duration of the cold in about half.


You need to be careful with mega-dosing with Vitamin C and you want to consume only natural sources of Vitamin C... ascorbic acid isn't bio-available so your body ends up rejecting most of it.


I can't imagine there is too many problems when I only do it for a day or two.
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 24,327
And1: 4,067
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#14 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:47 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:Anybody else here suffering from the flu? I got a temp of 100.8, aches all over, don't wanna eat. I'm taking Zicam and Alleve for symptoms and sleeping a lot. Any suggestions?


I can help you Wingo...



Lay it on me bro.


And I've done this for a few years and knock on wood I haven't had the flu in about 5 years.

FIrst you have to get yourself a natural source of vitamin C... for foods.. eat a lot of Kiwi and watercress.. and buy a bottle of Acerola Cherry powder or ask for some Amla berry.

the most important part is a mixture of 3 herbs... Andrographis/Chaparral/Pau D' Arco.. the best way to do this is to go to your local Whole foods and go to the whole body section... then go to herbs.. and you'll see a few different brands.. look for Natures Way... the herbs are cheap... Buy a bottle of each.. it shouldn't cost more than 20 bucks... you can pick up some elderberry syrup while you're at it and if your sinuses are plugged pick up a nice size bottle of eucalyptus oil.

Take the herbs and empty out all the capsules until you make 3 nice piles of each... mix it up and then take 1/2 teaspoon 20 minutes before meals 3x a day in unsweetened applesauce or straight and wash it down with water.

I think Boo was saying Garlic which can help also... what I would do is take some garlic and make a soup of cook it down some in some broth and then add some heat.. like cayenne.. but just a dash.. or even some hot sauce... something that'll get you to sweat.

Also.. run your shower and make a ghetto sauna and go in there and sweat and drink tons of water or gatorade or vitamin water.

That'll kick the FLu's right where it hurts.
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 24,327
And1: 4,067
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#15 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Bran Fast Hands wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:A few years ago I started trying what I had thought was just a myth. At the first on set of a cold/flu I mega dose zinc and Vitamin c. I've found it not only alleviates the seriousness of the symptoms but cuts the duration of the cold in about half.


You need to be careful with mega-dosing with Vitamin C and you want to consume only natural sources of Vitamin C... ascorbic acid isn't bio-available so your body ends up rejecting most of it.


I can't imagine there is too many problems when I only do it for a day or two.


Yeah.. you're fine there.. especially right when you feel it... but use Acerola Cherry powder or Amla berry... you won't have to consume as much since it's much more available to the body.
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 24,327
And1: 4,067
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#16 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:49 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:You want a suggestion? How about you stop being cheap and go to the doctor and get some real medicine you hippie. Its the damn flu that over the counter crap is not going to cut it.



You pussy. :wink: I've never gone to the doctor for the flu.


:lol:
User avatar
boomann21
RealGM
Posts: 24,448
And1: 1,446
Joined: Dec 07, 2005
Location: In the Wind

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#17 » by boomann21 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 pm

If it gets worse just make you a Hottie Tottie with some Jack Danlies Whiskey. Warm that up real good and drink it up and jump up under your biggest blanket.
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 24,327
And1: 4,067
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#18 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Here Wingo you can browse around my herbalists web page... he posts tons of scientific studies backing any advice he gives.

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1688544

A lot of quacks on there though so I would just stick to his sub-forum.
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 24,327
And1: 4,067
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#19 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:53 pm

boomann21 wrote:If it gets worse just make you a Hottie Tottie with some Jack Danlies Whiskey. Warm that up real good and drink it up and jump up under your biggest blanket.


Thumbs up to the hot toddy. :D
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 24,327
And1: 4,067
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#20 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:55 pm

Whenever I get a hint of sickness I get serious... I go at that thing like it's the devil himself. The gloves come off and I'm hitting it with straight rights, uppercuts, and left hooks.

Return to New York Knicks


Users browsing this forum: Capn'O, HerSports85, kingquan316, KnickerBonkerz