ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: ND's Te'o may be a fraud

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Re: OT: ND's Te'o may be a fraud 

Post#61 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:47 am

I am really confused.

I mean, the other player saying he met a fictional character...

What purpose has this gf served all along? Like in the beginning was she just a "nah man, I can't hook up with these girls cuz I am dating this hottie from home" or were there actual exchanges of emotion and such?

I guess Teo being a homosexual would add up because the relationship would cover a need. Teo probably realized the the pics he had been showing off to his friends might look familiar if the real version of this girl were to do things. So he had to "end" it. He could have done it quietly though, after a couple years of this going on "yea, this isn't working out" but then his guys probably would want him going back out there and "playing the field"
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,693

Post#62 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:03 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:I am really confused.

I mean, the other player saying he met a fictional character...

What purpose has this gf served all along? Like in the beginning was she just a "nah man, I can't hook up with these girls cuz I am dating this hottie from home" or were there actual exchanges of emotion and such?

I guess Teo being a homosexual would add up because the relationship would cover a need. Teo probably realized the the pics he had been showing off to his friends might look familiar if the real version of this girl were to do things. So he had to "end" it. He could have done it quietly though, after a couple years of this going on "yea, this isn't working out" but then his guys probably would want him going back out there and "playing the field"

Why not just say "Hey, I'm available" even if you're really not, and even if you're really gay. Was this the only alternative?
Free Palestine
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#63 » by EchelonNYK » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:20 am

Where's the he's gay part coming from? I'm confused.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,368

Post#64 » by Grinditout » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:21 am

Guy was probably socially awkward and never had a girl before, that or he was in on it for publicity.
LINIZALLSTAR
Starter
And1: 10

Post#65 » by LINIZALLSTAR » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:28 am

One of my close friend's friend (lol) apparently went to an athletic event with te'o as his date and said he's a huge douche.
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Post#66 » by SonOfMars » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:31 am

so did he get Catfish'd or is he apart of the hoax? :dontknow:
Props Turbo_Zone
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#67 » by Daaaarryyl » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:49 am

echelonNYK wrote:Where's the he's gay part coming from? I'm confused.

Everyone is just trying to figure out what possible reason he would have for doing this and are just putting 2 and 2 together.

When I first read this story (before even reading this thread) I also wondered if he may be gay and that rather than seem like a "strange" dude for not accepting all the @ss coming his way on campus he could just be the guy with the serious girlfriend who was too religous to think of deceiving her etc.

But I didn't get why he would take it so far as to say she'd died until a few posters here brought up the fact that he may have figured the "fake" girl thing would eventually get exposed and that it was better to just come up with a (sad) story and end the chance of anyone finding out the pic was a phony or whatever.

All speculation, but I'm in the group that believes he may be gay if only for the fact it is the only thing I can come up that makes any sort of sense, twisted or not. Maybe he didn't realize his celebrity would cause that story to blow up (that the gf died). I mean, if it was any regular shmoe, he'd just get condolences and eventually it would blow over without worrying that anyone would ever investigate it.
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
LinkedList
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#68 » by LinkedList » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:16 am

We pussyfoot around the very likely possibility he's either a "forever alone", awkward virgin or a closeted homosexual. One or the other...
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,554

Post#69 » by The KnicksFix » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 am

Don't know why but this whole story scares the crap out of me. It's like some sick twisted horror plot and now I'm scared and afraid to sleep. :cry: :cry: :cry:
TheGarden
Banned User
And1: 1,156

Post#70 » by TheGarden » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Boomer and Carton are talking about it right now :lol:

Carton "I had an imaginary friend, I also used to talk to rocks" :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,693

Post#71 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Betcha the Jets draft him. Smh

"Duh Winning"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Free Palestine
TheGarden
Banned User
And1: 1,156

Post#72 » by TheGarden » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:55 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:Betcha the Jets draft him. Smh

"Duh Winning"

I hope not, the media will destroy him unless he went to the Giants
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#73 » by moocow007 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 pm

"Duh Winning"

Yeah let's hope not. Luckily the Jets don't need an ILB with David Harris there. Whew. But his draft stock likely will continue to fall (between the terrible "exposed" game against Alabama and now being exposed as possibly some whack job lair) and I wouldn't be surprised if he falls all the way to the Patriots or even out of the 1st round. That BCS game really did a number on his potential future earnings by highlighting the 2 biggest weaknesses that many scouts believe put into question his ability to be a top player in the NFL (speed and strength) to warrant such a high pick. And now this? Boy...somebodie's got himself a made for TV movie in the future.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,004

Post#74 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:19 pm

"Duh Winning"

Only if they keep Tebow, then announce production of a "TnT" reality show.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#75 » by Sprewell4Three » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:20 pm

I don't think this story is that much of a big deal ...

I think its getting more attention then it should be
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#76 » by moocow007 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:I don't think this story is that much of a big deal ...

If this was the guy that works in your mailroom at work, yes, it would just be laughed off and not be a big deal. But when Teo's posse (with the help of all too willing to believe national media) has been trying to exploit this as a selling point for the Mante Te'o brand, it becomes a big deal. Not only does it give a black eye to everyone involved, with the conflicting chatter it puts into question the integrity of those who perpetuated this and possibly the mental stability and moral character of a guy that some teams would be investing millions upon millions to to play in front of millions and millions of people. Consider that Te'o has received huge huge outpouring of genuine support from his fans about this. With this revelation each and every one of them basically just got slapped right across their respective faces.
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#77 » by Sky_Knicks » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:57 pm

I'm not sure whether or not he was in on the hoax. But there's something I don't understand.

He's not 75 years old.....he knows about today's technology.....(video chatting). WHO THE F*** dates someone virtually for that long a time without saying "hey, do u have a Skype ? I'm in the mood to see ur face right now". This makes me very suspicious of him. Doesn't make any sense.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#78 » by seren » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:I don't think this story is that much of a big deal ...

If this was the guy that works in your mailroom at work, yes, it would just be laughed off and not be a big deal. But when Teo's posse (with the help of all too willing to believe national media) has been trying to exploit this as a selling point for the Mante Te'o brand, it becomes a big deal. Not only does it give a black eye to everyone involved, with the conflicting chatter it puts into question the integrity of those who perpetuated this and possibly the mental stability and moral character of a guy that some teams would be investing millions upon millions to to play in front of millions and millions of people. Consider that Te'o has received huge huge outpouring of genuine support from his fans about this. With this revelation each and every one of them basically just got slapped right across their respective faces.

The only party that benefited from this was ND football. I am pretty much sure this young guy made zero cents from this whole ordeal.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#79 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Sky_Knicks wrote:I'm not sure whether or not he was in on the hoax. But there's something I don't understand.

He's not 75 years old.....he knows about today's technology.....(video chatting). WHO THE F*** dates someone virtually for that long a time without saying "hey, do u have a Skype ? I'm in the mood to see ur face right now". This makes me very suspicious of him. Doesn't make any sense.

He has acted as if he HAD seen her. He also has talked on the phone with this "girl", probably for hours. So you are telling me some female was on the other end of the phone line pretending, and making up all these characters (people from life, co-workers, family) To believe that someone can carry out a deep lie like that....
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#80 » by kane2021 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:04 pm

This is big news huh? Lance Armstrong must be PISSED.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

Return to New York Knicks