ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA part 3

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Re: Around the NBA part 3 

Post#221 » by CrazyKnicks » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:22 am

I've seen Nash in a bunch of games this year and I think age has finally caught up with him. He's an average point guard now who's a defensive liability and barely makes any impact on the game. You'd think the Lakers still had Fisher watching this game.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#222 » by AllanHoustonFan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:24 am

ibraheim718 wrote:D'antoni is a trip... He's loved going small on his frontlines his whole career... gets the LA job and decides Nah! I'm going to force two slow-footed 7footers onto the floor at the same time.. this after they were playing pretty good with a smaller, quicker, younger player in Clark next to Dwight.

Then what the guy's not paying attention to the adjustment Spoelstra made when he went big on the perimeter and basically ran little Steve Nash off of 100 screens. Mike! Spolestra's adjustments were working yours weren't you damn moron. Put Kobe at the point... sit Nash and go big on the perimeter to match up with Miami and put Clark alongside Howard so there is some room cleared out in the paint.

Isn't it funny to watch him now that he isn't our problem? :lol:
#MKGA
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,338

Post#223 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 am

blumatic wrote:
munchies wrote:how do we stop Lebron, this guy is relentless

Its not about stopping him. Its about keeping turnovers low and out rebounding them.

Sorry it's not that simple... in their series against Boston last year Boston turned the ball over in their 4 losses an average of 10 times per game. You have to get good shots and make them if you're going to beat miami... what good is it if you turn the ball over 5 times but every shot you get is a tough one?
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 994

Post#224 » by blue and orange » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 am

Crazyknicks wrote:I've seen Nash in a bunch of games this year and I think age has finally caught up with him. He's an average point guard now who's a defensive liability and barely makes any impact on the game. You'd think the Lakers still had Fisher watching this game.
AllanHoustonFan wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:D'antoni is a trip... He's loved going small on his frontlines his whole career... gets the LA job and decides Nah! I'm going to force two slow-footed 7footers onto the floor at the same time.. this after they were playing pretty good with a smaller, quicker, younger player in Clark next to Dwight.

Then what the guy's not paying attention to the adjustment Spoelstra made when he went big on the perimeter and basically ran little Steve Nash off of 100 screens. Mike! Spolestra's adjustments were working yours weren't you damn moron. Put Kobe at the point... sit Nash and go big on the perimeter to match up with Miami and put Clark alongside Howard so there is some room cleared out in the paint.

Isn't it funny to watch him now that he isn't our problem? :lol:

Which is exactly why I didnt take this game seriously expecting the heat to beat them as much as I wanted the heat to lose.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#225 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 am

Crazyknicks wrote:I've seen Nash in a bunch of games this year and I think age has finally caught up with him. He's an average point guard now who's a defensive liability and barely makes any impact on the game. You'd think the Lakers still had Fisher watching this game.

No age hasn't caught up with him... Nash 5 years ago wasn't going to beat Ray Allen off of the dribble. Everything SPo did in that 2nd half was to take Nash out of the game. That was their only objective.. if age had caught up with him they wouldn't be having to do that.
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#226 » by Quick Kick » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 am

yeah Nash is done. Cant guard anyone and cant score like he used to.

Another classic Asstoni "tease game". LA down big, catches up, but just cant get stops when they need em, ends up losing. Mike never pays attention to the subtleties of the game as it plays out.....thats why he'll always be a loser.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#227 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:30 am

Sorry man... nobody is beating Miami this year... OKC is the only team with a shot because I don't think the Clippers can beat OKC.. the Clippers would be playing right into what OKC likes to do which is run.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#228 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:30 am

Quick Kick wrote:yeah Nash is done. Cant guard anyone and cant score like he used to.

Another classic Asstoni "tease game". LA down big, catches up, but just cant get stops when they need em, ends up losing. Mike never pays attention to the subtleties of the game as it plays out.....thats why he'll always be a loser.

When COULD he guard someone? :lol:

Knicks fan doing what they do best assuming the part of the lover scorned.
CrazyKnicks
General Manager

Post#229 » by CrazyKnicks » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:31 am

ibraheim718 wrote:

No age hasn't caught up with him... Nash 5 years ago wasn't going to beat Ray Allen off of the dribble. Everything SPo did in that 2nd half was to take Nash out of the game. That was their only objective.. if age gad caught up with him they wouldn't be having to do that.

But watching the game, what exactly did he do that was better than what Chalmers and Cole did for Miami? Considering them 2 actually play good defense.

He constantly failed to get the ball to his bigs, failed to run successful pick and roll, and never got the Laker offense going in a good flow. He hit one tough shot and that was about it.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#230 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 am

Crazyknicks wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

No age hasn't caught up with him... Nash 5 years ago wasn't going to beat Ray Allen off of the dribble. Everything SPo did in that 2nd half was to take Nash out of the game. That was their only objective.. if age gad caught up with him they wouldn't be having to do that.

But watching the game, what exactly did he do that was better than what Chalmers and Cole did for Miami? Considering them 2 actually play good defense.

He constantly failed to get the ball to his bigs, failed to run successful pick and roll, and never got the Laker offense going in a good flow. He hit one tough shot and that was about it.

His job was to keep the team in the game... and he did that. Sure he didn't have a Nashesque game.. but tell me when a team focused on taking Derrick Fisher out of the game?

You made a generalized statement based on this one game... he's averaging nearly a double-double.. explain to me kindly how he's done? Show me the average PG's putting up the kind of production he is?
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#231 » by Quick Kick » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Quick Kick wrote:yeah Nash is done. Cant guard anyone and cant score like he used to.

like you did for your BFF Lin all summer? Of all the people to accuse anyone of acting like a diva :lol:
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#232 » by Quick Kick » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:35 am

Kobe kept the team in the game....not Nash. wtf
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#233 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:35 am

Quick Kick wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

like you did for your BFF Lin all summer? Of all the people to accuse anyone of acting like a diva :lol:

You mean the guy I have you bookmarked being sad and upset about losing? I don't want to throw it in your face but if you keep fronting and acting like a damn buster I will.

And bare witness who breathed his name first... this mark ass wannabe e-thug... you ain't jack chit.
munchies
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Post#234 » by munchies » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:41 am

blumatic wrote:

Its not about stopping him. Its about keeping turnovers low and out rebounding them.

i think you take the ball out of his hands with double teams and make sure you rotate fast once he passes, thats the only way
CrazyKnicks
General Manager

Post#235 » by CrazyKnicks » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:42 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
His job was to keep the team in the game... and he did that. Sure he didn't have a Nashesque game.. but tell me when a team focused on taking Derrick Fisher out of the game?

You made a generalized statement based on this one game... he's averaging nearly a double-double.. explain to me kindly how he's done? Show me the average PG's putting up the kind of production he is?

And I am the one making general statements? What does that mean he kept his team in the game? He didn't do anything special and that's my point that he's an average pg. I've seen a lot of Laker games and he never has a "Nashesque" games anymore. Sure he's averaging 9ast but he's playing with Kobe, Dwight and Pau so it's nothing to brag about.

I am talking about when he used to have stretches when he takes over the game by making some great plays/shots and run some sick pick and rolls. He used to close games out with ridiculous execution but now when he gets the ball in closing moments he dribbles around looking lost.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#236 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:42 am

munchies wrote:
blumatic wrote:

i think you take the ball out of his hands with double teams and make sure you rotate fast once he passes, thats the only way

Can't do that when they got the shooters they do... you got to let him get his and stop everyone else. That's it.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#237 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:48 am

Crazyknicks wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

And I am the one making general statements? What does that mean he kept his team in the game? He didn't do anything special and that's my point that he's an average pg. I've seen a lot of Laker games and he never has a "Nashesque" games anymore. Sure he's averaging 9ast but he's playing with Kobe, Dwight and Pau so it's nothing to brag about.

I am talking about when he used to have stretches when he takes over the game by making some great plays/shots and run some sick pick and rolls. He used to close games out with ridiculous execution but now when he gets the ball in closing moments he dribbles around looking lost.

I don't know what you're trying to say.. you made a judgement with some sort of finality after he had an off game and I made a statement that he didn't hurt the team he was just taken out of it based on the same one game. There two different comments.

JKidd has horrible games where he literally does nothing but I'm not crazy enough to close the book on him.

That team has still played only a dozen or so games together. Nash has played 14 games... To me he looks the same. He's not the type of player that is going to force the issue.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#238 » by blumatic » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:48 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
blumatic wrote:

Sorry it's not that simple... in their series against Boston last year Boston turned the ball over in their 4 losses an average of 10 times per game. You have to get good shots and make them if you're going to beat miami... what good is it if you turn the ball over 5 times but every shot you get is a tough one?

DUH!!!! And I said out rebound them. Celtics were a bad rebounding team. No stud on the boards at all and a small team.

Miami's offense feeds off of turnovers and rebounding off of missed shots. You Keep TO's low and Outrebound them it shuts down Miami's offense.

As you can see the Lakers 20 turnovers really killed them. What kept them in the game was rebounding.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#239 » by blumatic » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:52 am

munchies wrote:
blumatic wrote:

I think that is very hard to do. He is just the ultimate player. But his team has weaknesses that can be exploited. Rebound and keep turnovers low.

Im not saying you sweep them and beating them 20 points a game. But Its how you keep the game and series close and you have a stud like Melo.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#240 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:56 am

blumatic wrote:[

DUH!!!! And I said out rebound them. Celtics were a bad rebounding team. No stud on the boards at all and a small team.

Miami's offense feeds off of turnovers and rebounding off of missed shots. You Keep TO's low and Outrebound them it shuts down Miami's offense.

As you can see the Lakers 20 turnovers really killed them. What kept them in the game was rebounding.

The 20 turnovers actually DIDN'T kill them... they had a chance to win and in the stretch where the game was won or lost they didn't turn the ball over they just couldn't get a good shot.

To beat Miami you have to just flat out exert more energy than them on the defensive end and get good shots on offense.

If they're more successful at shutting you down than you are and making it harder for you to get good shots during crunch time than you are they're winning the game, period. It's as simple as that.

Return to New York Knicks