yardbarker

CARMELO ANTHONY: Playing For The City That Made Me, Series

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, NoLayupRule, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion, j4remi, Knickstape1214, GONYK, Thugger HBC, Thorn

Post#1 CARMELO ANTHONY: Playing For The City That Ma
Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:28 pm by blumatic

blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 566

Post#2 Re: CARMELO ANTHONY: Playing For The City Tha
Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:28 pm by ctorres

I wonder if Bernard King is the next Knicks jersey to get retired. He did at least lead the Knicks to the Conference Semi's two years in a row.

#BAT
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 915

Post#3 Re: CARMELO ANTHONY: Playing For The City Tha
Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 am by MrProb

Imagine Knicks in the conference finals, Melo scores 65 to take the most points scored in MSG record back from Kobe AND win the series against the Heat ! now.... that would be my dream come true.
MrProb
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#4 Re: CARMELO ANTHONY: Playing For The City Tha
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 am by Knick-a-holic

I love these Vids...I for one appreciate how Melo has accepted the challenge, the pressure and battle on court. Now lets get this W today in LONDON #KnicksTape
"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at, change."
Knick-a-holic
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#5 Re: CARMELO ANTHONY: Playing For The City Tha
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 pm by Fat Kat

Part 3

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat

RealGM
And1: 2,194

Post#6 Re: CARMELO ANTHONY: Playing For The City Tha
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:49 pm by Thugger HBC

These episodes are truly awesome.

That's one hell of sight watching Bernard King and Melo converse.

I know he sees so much of himself in Melo, I just know he gives him game tips and insight.

They are right though, winning in NY is epic, if it could happen with this squad with Melo as "that guy", the King of NY will be rightfully his.
Thugger HBC

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 4,009
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#7 Re: CARMELO ANTHONY: Playing For The City Tha
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 pm by kane2021

He's playing like a top level player and the team is battling Miami for top spot in the east. He has separated himself from the 1b's and is becoming a super star. I dont care what no one say. He has earned my respect. And I expect him to rise even more.

Now I want to see stat get right and join Carmelo. Few years ago he played almost as well here. Felton and Shumpert. We got good vets playing. Good vets in suits. Got a good coach who understands whats at stake. This team healthy firing on all cylinders is beating most other NBA teams. And Carmelo is our best player.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,213
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#8 Re: CARMELO ANTHONY: Playing For The City Tha
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:42 pm by blumatic

kane2021 wrote:He's playing like a top level player and the team is battling Miami for top spot in the east. He has separated himself from the 1b's and is becoming a super star. I dont care what no one say. He has earned my respect. And I expect him to rise even more.

Now I want to see stat get right and join Carmelo. Few years ago he played almost as well here. Felton and Shumpert. We got good vets playing. Good vets in suits. Got a good coach who understands whats at stake. This team healthy firing on all cylinders is beating most other NBA teams. And Carmelo is our best player.

Mid to late March. I see his struggle and progession similar to Melo's last year. He'll be back.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 566

Return to New York Knicks