ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

seren
RealGM
And1: 4,210

Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread 

Post#641 » by seren » Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:43 pm

j4remi wrote:
Not really a fan of that. Maybe if we somehow kept Shump and dealt our late 1st rounder I'd warm up to it.

I agree. I simply don't see how a late first rounder in a bad draft will get you a quality player on good contract.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#642 » by j4remi » Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:47 pm

seren wrote:
j4remi wrote:
Not really a fan of that. Maybe if we somehow kept Shump and dealt our late 1st rounder I'd warm up to it.

I agree. I simply don't see how a late first rounder in a bad draft will get you a quality player on good contract.

Me neither, but if a player they like falls to us...maybe it could work out. It's the only way I'd entertain that whole scenario. Otherwise, I'm looking for alternative plans that fill out the roster more evenly.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
seren
RealGM

Post#643 » by seren » Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:49 pm

Here is a trade I can live with on the outside shot that Denver is interested:

S&T JR + 1st round pick for Chandler

or for that matter any other athletic forward with three point range.

My understanding is that tax teams can sign and trade their own players to non-tax teams, but the opposite can't be done.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#644 » by j4remi » Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:54 pm

seren wrote:Here is a trade I can live with on the outside shot that Denver is interested:

My understanding is that tax teams can sign and trade their own players to non-tax teams, but the opposite can't be done.

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Even try to get them to throw in a second rounder.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#645 » by SuperflyKnick » Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:54 pm

seren wrote:You ain't getting Chandler or Mbah for a miserable pick and Novak's horrible contract. That is not reasonable at all. Now if you are throwing in Camby's expiring and Shump, maybe you might have a shot.

Korver will almost surely going to cost you more than mini-MLE after the season he's had. Heck even before a season like that he was worth the full MLE.

You are not getting Brand nor Odom for minimum either. You might have a shot at one of them with mini-MLE though.

So if you do those trade and let JR go, it will look like this:

Felton/?
Kidd/?
Chandler (or Mbah)/Novak
Melo/Amare
Chandler/Brand

-Actually Novaks contract isnt as horrible after this season... He will be making 3 Mil a year after this season for 3 more yrs.... 3 yr at 3 mil for Novak is not bad at all. Im not saying we will get a Luc Richard Type but we can try. And regarding the draft there might not be Star players in this draft but there will be solid role players in this draft... This draft is not going to be no where as bad as the Kenyon martin draft years ago. Now for a team like MIL it might be enticing as they have a abudnace of fowards.

- You really think Elton Brand or Lamar Odom are gona get Full mid level money with their production and age ??? There max might be the Mini mid level in which case we should Def go for them.

-Depth wise there will be alot of solid players available for the Vet exception just have to make sure we chose wiesly
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach

Post#646 » by SuperflyKnick » Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:56 pm

seren wrote:Here is a trade I can live with on the outside shot that Denver is interested:

I would do that in a heart beat but you really think george Karl wants JR back ??? ill drive him myself if this could happen
seren
RealGM

Post#647 » by seren » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:02 pm

SuperflyKnick wrote:
seren wrote:You ain't getting Chandler or Mbah for a miserable pick and Novak's horrible contract. That is not reasonable at all. Now if you are throwing in Camby's expiring and Shump, maybe you might have a shot.

Korver will almost surely going to cost you more than mini-MLE after the season he's had. Heck even before a season like that he was worth the full MLE.

You are not getting Brand nor Odom for minimum either. You might have a shot at one of them with mini-MLE though.

So if you do those trade and let JR go, it will look like this:

Felton/?
Kidd/?
Chandler (or Mbah)/Novak
Melo/Amare
Chandler/Brand

-Actually Novaks contract isnt as horrible after this season... He will be making 3 Mil a year after this season for 3 more yrs.... 3 yr at 3 mil for Novak is not bad at all. Im not saying we will get a Luc Richard Type but we can try. And regarding the draft there might not be Star players in this draft but there will be solid role players in this draft... This draft is not going to be no where as bad as the Kenyon martin draft years ago. Now for a team like MIL it might be enticing as they have a abudnace of fowards.

- You really think Elton Brand or Lamar Odom are gona get Full mid level money with their production and age ??? There max might be the Mini mid level in which case we should Def go for them.

-Depth wise there will be alot of solid players available for the Vet exception just have to make sure we chose wiesly

I am pretty sure both Brand and Odom will sign for more than vet exception. My guess is for mini-MLE amount at least.

Take Brand for instance. He is averaging 7.8 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.3 blocks off the bench in 22 mpg. These are essentially the first big off the bench numbers. I'd say most likely scenario is he gets the MLE from an under tax team, but might be willing to take a paycut and take mini-MLE from a tax contender.

Now Odom doesn't have anything closer to those numbers, but he has been the first big man off the bench in L.A. My guess is they keep him using his bird rights around 5 million per as well. If he does take a paycut, it will probably be because he wants to stay in L.A. In no way, I see him continuing his career, especially outside LA, for the veteran's minimum.

I disagree about Novak's contract. It is bad.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach

Post#648 » by SuperflyKnick » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:21 pm

Well Novaks contract is not the worse in the world and im pretty sure we can trade him if we wanted to. There are plenty of teams that might be interested in him who need 3 pt shooting. MInnesota, Phoneix are a few who had interest
seren
RealGM

Post#649 » by seren » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:28 pm

SuperflyKnick wrote:Well Novaks contract is not the worse in the world and im pretty sure we can trade him if we wanted to. There are plenty of teams that might be interested in him who need 3 pt shooting. MInnesota, Phoneix are a few who had interest

Having an interest is totally different than giving up something that has value. Would somebody sign Novak for a veteran's minimum if we waive him? For sure. Would somebody trade a player on a long contract they don't really have any use? Sure.

Problem is finding that guy who is not wanted on their current teams but makes sense on our team. Guys like Chandler or Mbah doesn't fit the profile. Think more about guys like Salmons, Charlie V etc.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#650 » by Greenie » Tue Mar 5, 2013 10:07 pm

seren wrote:
SuperflyKnick wrote:Well Novaks contract is not the worse in the world and im pretty sure we can trade him if we wanted to. There are plenty of teams that might be interested in him who need 3 pt shooting. MInnesota, Phoneix are a few who had interest

Having an interest is totally different than giving up something that has value. Would somebody sign Novak for a veteran's minimum if we waive him? For sure. Would somebody trade a player on a long contract they don't really have any use? Sure.

Problem is finding that guy who is not wanted on their current teams but makes sense on our team. Guys like Chandler or Mbah doesn't fit the profile. Think more about guys like Salmons, Charlie V etc.

This. And I want no parts of either.
odaddy
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#651 » by odaddy » Wed Mar 6, 2013 6:08 am

Call me crazy but this trade would make the Knicks significantly better http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aomqn8m
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#652 » by jwise44 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 2:59 pm

odaddy wrote:Call me crazy but this trade would make the Knicks significantly better http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aomqn8m

no way would the rockets do this....EVER

and im a big melo supporter and I really like shumpert

should also note, I don't think knicks would ever do that either
Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Post#653 » by Leaguepass » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 pm

As depressing as it sounds---signing Odom or Brand and drafting a good player seems to be the most we can do.
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#654 » by Quick Kick » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Anyone think theres a way we can pry Illyasova and Larry Sanders from Milwaukee? I mainly want Sanders, that kid is a beast and would be the perfect backup for Tyson.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#655 » by GONYK » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Quick Kick wrote:Anyone think theres a way we can pry Illyasova and Larry Sanders from Milwaukee? I mainly want Sanders, that kid is a beast and would be the perfect backup for Tyson.

You're better than that
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#656 » by Quick Kick » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:44 pm

:lol: what man? Larrys not a superstar. Im not good at this trade idea thing anyways. I was just looking at his stats this year and thought maybe others wanted him too.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#657 » by GONYK » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Quick Kick wrote::lol: what man? Larrys not a superstar. Im not good at this trade idea thing anyways. I was just looking at his stats this year and thought maybe others wanted him too.

Look at where the Bucks drafted Sanders, look at his defensive #'s, the look at this salary. Finally, take a look at our roster.

Even without being good at coming up with trades...c'mon man :lol:
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#658 » by Quick Kick » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:51 pm

You have shamed me. Dip Set fall back...forever. :(
seren
RealGM

Post#659 » by seren » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Draft night trade:

Afflalo for Camby/Shump/pick.
KnicksALLday
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#660 » by KnicksALLday » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:19 am

how about trade kidd, novak and camby to a low salary team for draft picks in return only? obviously it would be a 1 for 1 trade with several teams...but it gives the knicks cap room to sign chris paul

Return to New York Knicks