ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,016

Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread 

Post#4881 » by R-DAWG » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:22 pm

asudevil wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/537938/20140210/nba-trade-news-rumors.htm

:lol:

i absolutely LOVE how the author points out that Okafor/ANY FIRST was too much for Gasol. But Bledsoe/Okafor/First is good value for Chandler/Shumpert.

This is kind of interesting, but doubt it happens. PHX obviously entering the year as a rebuilding team and they are overachieving, which may hurt them long term. They are fans of Shumpert and their medical staff can maximize Chandler. But Bledsoe is their future. Dragic is 28 and will get a big contract soon, I think they would trade him before Bledsoe.

In hindsight, the move was to trade for Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan in the offseason using Chandler and Shumpert.
ca1
Senior
And1: 285

Post#4882 » by ca1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:10 pm

What I can see happening is this..idk if ppl paid much attention to this but Melo is "enamored" with Ennis from Syracuse. I can honestly see this Knicks staying pat now, and dealing Chandler during the draft to take Ennis.

Bc say what you want Chandler is expendable and on contenders you need a player like Shump to be a defensive stopper, you need a Thjr..you need a Tyler..etc. if you look at the most cost-effective way to improve our roster Now instead of either dealing half the team or waiting till 2015..I believe that is most efficient scenario.

Chandler + 2018 pic for Ennis would be worth it for this team Plus I see eniis being taken anywhere from 10-what 18? Chandler and a pick is worth that plus not many teams dont have a PG right now..really only the Knicks are one of the only teams devoid of a true PG

You would have Ennis,Thjr,Shump,Melo, Tyler/Bargs
with Amare,JR,Pags,Kmart,Felton

not bad

better than emptying half of roster and having to do a mini-rebuild to aquire 1 player post acl surgery
MKCATL
Starter
And1: 707

Post#4883 » by MKCATL » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Thought I'd post this hear since it might be just BS.

http://hoops-nation.com/nba-rumors-bulls-talking-carmelo-anthony-trade-knicks/

According to sources inside the Chicago Bulls organization, the team has been in discussions with the New York Knicks over the last couple of weeks regarding a trade for Carmelo Anthony. The two sides have been rumored to have interest, but according to this report the talks have already been going on for the past couple of weeks.

The report states that the Bulls would be giving up Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Tony Snell, Jimmy Butler, and likely a first round pick as well. In return, Chicago would receive Carmelo Anthony, Raymond Felton, and Iman Shumpert.
"I am by no means an expert in basketball." -James Dolan
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#4884 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Take cokehead instead of Shumpert and I'm fine with it.
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,940

Post#4885 » by knickabocker88 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Take cokehead instead of Shumpert and I'm fine with it.

Jimmy Butler and Shumpert as Defensive stoppers on the same team :meditate:
ca1
Senior

Post#4886 » by ca1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:38 pm

MKCATL wrote:Thought I'd post this hear since it might be just BS.

According to sources inside the Chicago Bulls organization, the team has been in discussions with the New York Knicks over the last couple of weeks regarding a trade for Carmelo Anthony. The two sides have been rumored to have interest, but according to this report the talks have already been going on for the past couple of weeks.

The report states that the Bulls would be giving up Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Tony Snell, Jimmy Butler, and likely a first round pick as well. In return, Chicago would receive Carmelo Anthony, Raymond Felton, and Iman Shumpert.

If this deal is made then more would have to follow bc we would then have
Chandler
Boozer
Amare
Bargs

all literally same player--- limited in some fashioned older bigman who are overpaid.
Radio Rahim
Junior
And1: 13

Post#4887 » by Radio Rahim » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Any thoughts of putting together a trade for Greg Monroe? Rondo would be nice but i figure a Monroe might be easier to acquire. If we take Stuckey back(not a fan but he's an ok backup at the 2)

Send JR & a first for Monroe & Stuckey?

That allows THJ to move into the starting lineup.
Oh you mad I'm stylin on you/
you could have better gear, couldn't style it on me/
Plus the CAL is on me/
So act it up and you gone have to **** lay down
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#4888 » by Johnny Hoops » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:54 pm

I don't like the Chicago trade above --- this one works.

Melo/Felton/Shump/KMART for Boozer/Taj/Butler/Hinrich and we also get rights to Mitoric and 2014 1st rounder.

I do it.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,717

Post#4889 » by mpharris36 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:54 pm

getting jimmy butler would be great and getting rid of felton is another plus.

trading shumpert to chicago would be interesting since he is a chi town kid.

I don't really want Snell. Don't like his game and I don't think I could stand to look at him every game (no homo)

give me nikola mirotic instead of snell.

Or if we get snell, we keep shumpert and they get JR
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#4890 » by mpharris36 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:I don't like the Chicago trade above --- this one works.

Melo/Felton/Shump/KMART for Boozer/Taj/Butler/Hinrich and we also get rights to Mitoric and 2014 1st rounder.

I do it.

yeah I just don't think the knicks want to tie up 3 more years in taj gibson. And the bull would want him to have there lineup look like Rose, Shumpert, Melo, Gibson, and Noah

god damn that is one scary lineup.

I don't want snell so they would have to give us 2 first rounders and butler along with taking fatty and I would be fine with that trade.

ROSTER

MKCATL
Starter

Post#4891 » by MKCATL » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:59 pm

ca1 wrote:
MKCATL wrote:Thought I'd post this hear since it might be just BS.

Chandler
Boozer
Amare
Bargs

all literally same player--- limited in some fashioned older bigman who are overpaid.

you try and trade Chandler for Okafor and a 1st if possible. 2 picks in 14, cap space, own pick in 15, cap space.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#4892 » by mpharris36 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:04 pm

even bulls fan say they would be getting away with murder.

They either take cokehead and give us and extra pick instead of snell and I would consider it.

Chicago needs to understand which I think they do is that Chicago is not Melo's first choice so for them to have the leverege by trading for him now and then being able to offer his the most money would be benificial to them.

I don't want to trade Melo but if he is going and we know he is going then we have to get the best possible package for him.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#4893 » by mpharris36 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:05 pm

MKCATL wrote:
ca1 wrote:

Chandler
Boozer
Amare
Bargs

you try and trade Chandler for Okafor and a 1st if possible. 2 picks in 14, cap space, own pick in 15, cap space.

Agreed, no point in keeping Tyson if Melo is traded. You trade him along with JR smith (possibly) for a 1 or 2 year deal and picks or young players.

ROSTER

riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

Post#4894 » by riter » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:05 pm

MKCATL wrote: trade Chandler for Okafor and a 1st if possible. 2 picks in 14, cap space, own pick in 15, cap space.

If Phoenix wants to trade Okafur and a 1st for Tyson, you make this deal no matter what else is going on in the universe.
MKCATL
Starter

Post#4895 » by MKCATL » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:08 pm

GoodAzzGame_NYK wrote:even bulls fan say they would be getting away with murder.

They either take cokehead and give us and extra pick instead of snell and I would consider it.

Chicago needs to understand which I think they do is that Chicago is not Melo's first choice so for them to have the leverege by trading for him now and then being able to offer his the most money would be benificial to them.

I don't want to trade Melo but if he is going and we know he is going then we have to get the best possible package for him.

The knicks know Melo wants/needs major help and maybe the are coming to realize they have no way of getting him any next year, you also have to wonder if getting nothing in return for Lin has made them weary of getting nothing for Melo.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#4896 » by mpharris36 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:12 pm

MKCATL wrote:
GoodAzzGame_NYK wrote:even bulls fan say they would be getting away with murder.

The knicks know Melo wants/needs major help and maybe the are coming to realize they have no way of getting him any next year, you also have to wonder if getting nothing in return for Lin has made them weary of getting nothing for Melo.

Lin was still an unknown, I consider this more like the Cleveland and LeBron situation. You can't let Melo walk for nothing. If they have spoken to him and he said I don't want to wait next year as well to get help in 2015. Then you seriously have to consider trading him.

Trading Tyson for a filler and a 1st round pick
Trading Melo, Shumpert, and Felton for Butler, Boozer, Hinrich, and mutliple (key are multiple) 3 first rounders I prefer but I would take 2 first rounders and Snell.

Then try to trade JR for a 2 year contract and a 2nd round pick or something like that to a team that needs bench scoring.

ROSTER

MKCATL
Starter

Post#4897 » by MKCATL » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:12 pm

riter wrote:
MKCATL wrote: trade Chandler for Okafor and a 1st if possible. 2 picks in 14, cap space, own pick in 15, cap space.

If Phoenix wants to trade Okafur and a 1st for Tyson, you make this deal no matter what else is going on in the universe.

Agree, but you can't really sell the farm until your ready to sell Melo. Melos not looking to get draft picks if he stays. It would give him even more reason to leave, so I would think any deal moving Chandler would be contigent on moving Melo.
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,190

Post#4898 » by Sunsdeuce » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:14 pm

R-DAWG wrote:
asudevil wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/537938/20140210/nba-trade-news-rumors.htm

:lol:

i absolutely LOVE how the author points out that Okafor/ANY FIRST was too much for Gasol. But Bledsoe/Okafor/First is good value for Chandler/Shumpert.

This is kind of interesting, but doubt it happens. PHX obviously entering the year as a rebuilding team and they are overachieving, which may hurt them long term. They are fans of Shumpert and their medical staff can maximize Chandler. But Bledsoe is their future. Dragic is 28 and will get a big contract soon, I think they would trade him before Bledsoe.

In hindsight, the move was to trade for Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan in the offseason using Chandler and Shumpert.

Wrong, Lance Blanks was a fan. He is no longer employeed by the Suns.

BTW thats not even a rumor. Thats just someone typing up something they want to happen. Much like all of us on realgm typing up our dream scenario. None of those players make any sense from the suns stand point. The suns have two decent VERY young centers. Shumpert doesnt do much from the suns standpoint. The way Gerald Greening is playing right now, Iman is a downgrade.

Plus Tyson is getting paid way too much. The Suns GM is to smart to tie up that much money in a player like Tyson. The suns GM said he will move the draft picks for a young Star player. Tyson doesnt qualify.
“Cash Considerations” or Bust!

Only a fan of Arizona teams!
CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
MKCATL
Starter

Post#4899 » by MKCATL » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:39 pm

The other point to bring up about there being any truth to the Chicago report, is SAS. Whether you hate the guy or not he knows people and for him to be harping that we should move Melo, he might have knew talks were already going on.
ca1
Senior

Post#4900 » by ca1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Or as I stated earlier we hold pat
Melo resigns and we deal chandler for Ennis in this years draft
Melo is reportedly enaromred with him.

Starting 5

Ennis
Th jr