ImageImageImageImageImage

MLK DAY: Booklyn vs New York Knicks 1/21 3:30 PM

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

carmelo115
Rookie
And1: 95

Re: MLK DAY: Booklyn vs New York Knicks 1/21 3:30 PM 

Post#101 » by carmelo115 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Oh yeah, go Knicks!
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#102 » by blumatic » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:24 pm

carmelo115 wrote:This is a bit ot but the Lakers are 17-23 right now after losing to the Raptors. That Christmas day loss to them had me thinking that they finally figured out how to implement that talent on their team.

Now I realized that we lost to an incredibly incompetent team. I know the past is the past but still, that team stinks and I was ok with the loss because I thought Nash, Kobe, Pau and Howard were gonna dominate the league. Boy was I wrong.

Bad teams play well sometimes. Bad teams earn some of their wins. Consistency is why bad teams are bad teams. I laugh at the at some here and in the media that say Lakers dont need a defensive coach because they have defensive players. LOL. Players get in bad habits all the time. Good coaches eliminate those bad habits.

Dantoni doesnt hold them accountable of defense. You got 4 DPOY awards on your team and you cant stop a nose bleed.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#103 » by ctorres » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:25 pm

blumatic wrote:I still believe our best line up is Felton, SHump, Melo, Amare, and Tyson.

I feel like Kidd needs to be in the starting lineup to help limit any boneheaded plays. You need someone in the lineup who can play big brother and he's the only one who can do it.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#104 » by blumatic » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:31 pm

ctorres wrote:
blumatic wrote:I still believe our best line up is Felton, SHump, Melo, Amare, and Tyson.

I feel like Kidd needs to be in the starting lineup to help limit any boneheaded plays. You need someone in the lineup who can play big brother and he's the only one who can do it.

Good point. Eh. Good problem to have.
Vorikan
Junior
And1: 77

Post#105 » by Vorikan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:43 pm

One more reason why this teams needs Martin,when playing bigger teams,you can slide melo to SF,and you got yourself a guy that can start,which Thomas obviously isn't neither is Copeland,cause he can't rebound and he is below average defender.And i am guessing Amar'e is gonna come off the bench,so now you can put him to 4spot,and put Camby or Sheed to center position,and they are gonna clean some of his defensive mistakes.

Cutting White is a obvious choise,you got Anthony,Novak and Copeland at the 3spot,and JR,Shump and Brewer at the 2spot.He is not gonna see any playing time anyway,he is/gonna be a nonfactor,IMO Martin would bring more to the table.
ctorres
RealGM

Post#106 » by ctorres » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 pm

blumatic wrote:
ctorres wrote:

Good point. Eh. Good problem to have.

I mean, eventually, we need to start relying on Kidd a lot less than we do now. Ideally, our starting lineup next season should be Felton, Shump, Melo, Amar'e, and Tyson. However, I don't think they're going to develop enough chemistry this year to be our best lineup. We need all 5 guys to be healthy at the start of training camp for it to work.

The lineup would work if Felton commits to being a pass-first point guard and Amar'e commits to rebounding, playing off of Melo and Tyson, and at least tries not to be a major liability on the defensive end.

Amar'e has Kurt, Sheed, Tyson, Camby to teach him how to play defense! It should not have to be all on Woodson. Amar'e has 4 veteran big men who are all top notch defensive players. I just think Amar'e does not want to admit that he has trouble learning it and goes on to blame past coaches for not having taught him because that's easier for him to do than admitting any fault on his end.
carmelo115
Rookie
And1: 95

Post#107 » by carmelo115 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 pm

blumatic wrote:
carmelo115 wrote:This is a bit ot but the Lakers are 17-23 right now after losing to the Raptors. That Christmas day loss to them had me thinking that they finally figured out how to implement that talent on their team.

Now I realized that we lost to an incredibly incompetent team. I know the past is the past but still, that team stinks and I was ok with the loss because I thought Nash, Kobe, Pau and Howard were gonna dominate the league. Boy was I wrong.

Bad teams play well sometimes. Bad teams earn some of their wins. Consistency is why bad teams are bad teams. I laugh at the at some here and in the media that say Lakers dont need a defensive coach because they have defensive players. LOL. Players get in bad habits all the time. Good coaches eliminate those bad habits.

Dantoni doesnt hold them accountable of defense. You got 4 DPOY awards on your team and you cant stop a nose bleed.

Yup, they played well that game. The D'antoni hire/Brown fire will turn out to be one of the biggest blunders of the Lakers. They are playing like the Knicks of last year, high turnovers and no defense.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,726

Post#108 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBoXZESY5mU[/youtube]
Free Palestine
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#109 » by NY2TheBay » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-1yNmcaXDg[/youtube]

Get it SHUMP.
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#110 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:30 am

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- During the Knicks' roughly two-hour practice on Sunday, Mike Woodson organized a film viewing and conditioning session, in which Raymond Felton took part.

Still, the point guard hasn't taken contact yet. In terms of his return date, Woodson said he didn't know, but Felton said last week he's targeting Jan. 26 against the Sixers.

A BIG ASSIST: Last week, Woodson said Jason Kidd's extended minutes were "not healthy." Now that Iman Shumpert is back and Felton's next, Kidd knows that's a big relief.

"As time goes on, [Shumpert] will start to eat some of those minutes up for me," he said. "Also, I think when Ray gets back, that definitely helps."

LOOK OUT!: Smith's younger brother, Chris, is ahead of his recovery from left patella tendon surgery. Interestingly, not only did he have tendonitis in that knee at Louisville, but he also played with a joint mouse in the area. It wasn't until he joined the Knicks that it was discovered.

The younger Smith, who's still under contract with the Knicks, plans to resume playing in April and then join the 'Bockers' summer league team in Las Vegas. Several insiders around the NBA believe he's going to be a good point guard.

After Sunday's practice, Smith (JR) worked with Woodson and Herb Williams on different L cuts from the block. The idea was to help him improve his off-ball movement and quickly shoot off the pass without hesitation. The Knicks could run more down-screen sets for Smith.
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Post#111 » by SonOfMars » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:36 am

Ugh, this entire Chris Smith thing annoys me :lol:

Hes never played PG in his life...why would he be a good one in the NBA?
He was a mediocre college player, why would he be a good NBA player?
It sucks to know that we're likely going to waste a roster spot on him next year
Props Turbo_Zone
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#112 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:38 am

SonOfMars wrote:Ugh, this entire Chris Smith thing annoys me :lol:

Hes never played PG in his life...why would he be a good one in the NBA?
He was a mediocre college player, why would he be a good NBA player?
It sucks to know that we're likely going to waste a roster spot on him next year

He maybe be decent he can't be any worse than TD23 was last season :lol:
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
ctorres
RealGM

Post#113 » by ctorres » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:51 am

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:A BIG ASSIST: Last week, Woodson said Jason Kidd's extended minutes were "not healthy." Now that Iman Shumpert is back and Felton's next, Kidd knows that's a big relief.

"As time goes on, [Shumpert] will start to eat some of those minutes up for me," he said. "Also, I think when Ray gets back, that definitely helps."

Prior to Felton being out, Kidd was averaging 29.6 mpg. During the games Felton has been out, Kidd has averaged 28.5 mpg. I don't understand Woodson's deal because Kidd is getting close to the same minutes he got while playing alongside Felton. I guess Kidd didn't tire as much playing alongside Felton since he could play off the ball more?

How many minutes do we envision for Kidd to play in the long run? 24 mpg? 20 mpg? 16 mpg? Kidd was open to being a bench player coming into the season but deep down, you know he wanted to be a starter and play these many minutes.
BourneNYKFan
Senior
And1: 9

Post#114 » by BourneNYKFan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:54 am

"Several insiders around the NBA believe he's going to be a good point guard"

An undrafted player who is related to a Knickerbocker and signed his first NBA contract because of said, is projected to become a good point guard? Who are these insiders that knows this?
JamesDolan wrote:
I am responding to the uneducated buffoon that couldnt argue his way out of a paper bag...
ctorres
RealGM

Post#115 » by ctorres » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:56 am

BourneNYKFan wrote:"Several insiders around the NBA believe he's going to be a good point guard"

An undrafted player who is related to a Knickerbocker and signed his first NBA contract because of said, is projected to become a good point guard? Who are these insiders that knows this?

Several insiders around the NBA are probably all people who work for the Knicks. :lol:
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,368

Post#116 » by Grinditout » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:12 am

ctorres wrote:
Brooklyn_Yards wrote:A BIG ASSIST: Last week, Woodson said Jason Kidd's extended minutes were "not healthy." Now that Iman Shumpert is back and Felton's next, Kidd knows that's a big relief.

How many minutes do we envision for Kidd to play in the long run? 24 mpg? 20 mpg? 16 mpg? Kidd was open to being a bench player coming into the season but deep down, you know he wanted to be a starter and play these many minutes.

That's pretty much what I expected for his 3 year contract.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#117 » by HEZI » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:33 am

Would be nice to blow them out this game, juust to send a message and bring them back down to earth.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,777

Post#118 » by aggo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:46 am

ladies and gentlemen, i have a revelation that will be utterly shocking.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,777

Post#119 » by aggo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:54 am

AggO wrote:ladies and gentlemen, i have a revelation that will be utterly shocking.

get her out of here. immediately.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,368

Post#120 » by Grinditout » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:34 am

^^^^

Return to New York Knicks