ImageImageImageImageImage

Chicago and Indiana are better

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,489

Re: Chicago and Indiana are better 

Post#121 » by KnicksGod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:23 pm

seren wrote:There is a huge difference between merely winning the regular season matchups and beating the crap out of a team. I am amazed you guys don't have the confidence. That 2010-11 series between Chicago - Heat:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/tea ... games.html

99-96
93-89
87-86

Chicago went 3-0 that year. But the fact is they might have as well gone 0-3. There is a huge difference between that and what we did to the Heat this year.

Pretty much an aberration. There may be a little bit of truth to the "good matchup" thing but not a lot.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#122 » by seren » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
seren wrote:Again. I assume you completely skipped watching the Boston series.

They lost, or did i miss something? And the OKC matchup was not even a battle at all.

You apparently did. It was clear to me and millions that watched the series that Boston was really a bad matchup for them. Miami was not the clear better team coming out of that series.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach
And1: 72

Post#123 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:24 pm

seren wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Didn't work for Boston or OKC, and each of them had blowouts against Miami.

Again. I assume you completely skipped watching the Boston series.

Dude their only big got hurt, Boston abused that.. But ESPECIALLY in hindsight they were not winning that series, Lebron basically activated beast mode and that series was over.
seren
RealGM

Post#124 » by seren » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:24 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
seren wrote:There is a huge difference between merely winning the regular season matchups and beating the crap out of a team. I am amazed you guys don't have the confidence. That 2010-11 series between Chicago - Heat:

99-96
93-89
87-86

Chicago went 3-0 that year. But the fact is they might have as well gone 0-3. There is a huge difference between that and what we did to the Heat this year.

Pretty much an aberration. There may be a little bit of truth to the "good matchup" thing but not a lot.

Nah. There is a lot to the good matchup/bad matchup thing. There is a reason top teams make roster decisions for playoff matchups.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#125 » by KnicksGod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:25 pm

seren wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

99-96
93-89
87-86

Nah. There is a lot to the good matchup/bad matchup thing. There is a reason top teams make roster decisions for playoff matchups.

I'm not talking in general, I'm talking in Knicks v. Heat. Bron-Wade-Bosh is not a good matchup for any playoff team on the planet.
seren
RealGM

Post#126 » by seren » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:26 pm

NYK_89 wrote:

Dude their only big got hurt, Boston abused that.. But ESPECIALLY in hindsight they were not winning that series, Lebron basically activated beast mode and that series was over.

Rondo was winning the second game in Miami. Then the refs took over. Given the series ended up 4-3, it is safe to say that Boston was a bad matchup for Miami.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#127 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:27 pm

seren wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

They lost, or did i miss something? And the OKC matchup was not even a battle at all.

You apparently did. It was clear to me and millions that watched the series that Boston was really a bad matchup for them. Miami was not the clear better team coming out of that series.

Who cares man, they lost, you think it provides an edge, doesn't matter...they lost.

Each round the opponent got tougher, and each round the games lasted 1 game longer...other than the finals, which according to the regular season matchups should have been closer...but they weren't.

i've already stated the Knicks can give them a good fight, for some reason you want more than that, when there is nothing to indicate that.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
seren
RealGM

Post#128 » by seren » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:27 pm

KnicksGod wrote:

I'm not talking in general, I'm talking in Knicks v. Heat. Bron-Wade-Bosh is not a good matchup for any playoff team on the planet.

Of course there is no question that Miami is the team to beat in the league. But that really doesn't say much. There are teams that are clearly better matchup against them. I think we matchup with them better than any other team in the East.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#129 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:29 pm

seren wrote:
NYK_89 wrote:

Rondo was winning the second game in Miami. Then the refs took over. Given the series ended up 4-3, it is safe to say that Boston was a bad matchup for Miami.

Now i question whether you watched the series, if you think Bosh being out and returning later on the bench was on the refs or LeBron activating "roster guard"

seren
RealGM

Post#130 » by seren » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Who cares man, they lost, you think it provides an edge, doesn't matter...they lost.

Each round the opponent got tougher, and each round the games lasted 1 game longer...other than the finals, which according to the regular season matchups should have been closer...but they weren't.

i've already stated the Knicks can give them a good fight, for some reason you want more than that, when there is nothing to indicate that.

I don't say winning a game provides an edge. I am saying there is a reason why teams lose to certain teams most of the time. There is a reason we won both games by 20+ points and it simply is more than luck that we won both games by 20+ points. Now had we lost both games by 20+ points, it would say something too. It would say that we are a bad matchup.
seren
RealGM

Post#131 » by seren » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Now i question whether you watched the series, if you think Bosh being out and returning later on the bench was on the refs or LeBron activating "roster guard"

It really wouldn't matter if the refs allowed the players play the game.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,995

Post#132 » by Fury » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:32 pm

Chicago is prob better but we're better than Indiana. Granger sucks.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:36 pm

seren wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Who cares man, they lost, you think it provides an edge, doesn't matter...they lost.

I don't say winning a game provides an edge. I am saying there is a reason why teams lose to certain teams most of the time. There is a reason we won both games by 20+ points and it simply is more than luck that we won both games by 20+ points. Now had we lost both games by 20+ points, it would say something too. It would say that we are a bad matchup.

We've always played Miami well in the regular season, but it has yet to produce playoff results.

We certainly are not gonna hit 19 threes against them in the playoffs.

And i'm sorry, the refs did not do Boston in.

Some dude racked up 45 points 15 rebounds on 19-26 shooting in an elimation game, and some other guy hit almost every shot they took in a bench role.

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#134 » by KnicksGod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:37 pm

seren wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Of course there is no question that Miami is the team to beat in the league. But that really doesn't say much. There are teams that are clearly better matchup against them. I think we matchup with them better than any other team in the East.

Maybe. I don't know. What I feel and believe is that as currently constructed, our chances of beating Miami in a 7-game playoff is less than 20% and probably less than 10%.
seren
RealGM

Post#135 » by seren » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:We've always played Miami well in the regular season, but it has yet to produce playoff results.

Some dude racked up 45 points 15 rebounds on 19-26 shooting in an elimation game, and some other guy hit almost every shot they took in a bench role.

Have you seen game 2? If refs didn't intervene, there wouldn't be a game 6. End of story.
seren
RealGM

Post#136 » by seren » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
seren wrote:

Maybe. I don't know. What I feel and believe is that as currently constructed, our chances of beating Miami in a 7-game playoff is less than 20% and probably less than 10%.

I don't like putting percentages. But I can easily tell you that among all Eastern Conference opponents of Miami, we easily have the best chance to eliminate them on a 7-game playoff series.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 pm

seren wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:We've always played Miami well in the regular season, but it has yet to produce playoff results.

Have you seen game 2? If refs didn't intervene, there wouldn't be a game 6. End of story.

You mean the game with no Bosh and Rondo going 45 and 10?

NYK_89
Assistant Coach
And1: 72

Post#138 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:43 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:Then you have the low goals set by the Knicks head coach. All he wants the Knicks to do is lead their division in the regular season. As if that is some type of significant accomplishment. If the Knicks drops to 4th or 5th in the conference, it's all good as long as they win the Atlantic. Also the Knicks play better opponents and more road games for their remaining 30-40 games.

This might be the single most absurd criticism of a coach i have ever seen in my 2 years here.... What the literal ****. :roll:

Anyways few points on the thread.

1- We matchup very very very very well with the heat... Does not really mean **** though its the only reason we have a sliver of hope, they have a vast amount more talent. Stoudamire just going **** and punishing them inside WITH just about every other player playing at the top of their game is about all i can see winning this and that might still require a injury.

However Injuries happen, an injury to Lebron or Bosh would give us a shot.

2. Matchups absolutely matter... Its the same reason that we will build up to a massive OKC-Heat finals then watch OKC get dismantled in 4-5 games 6 if they get lucky.. Its the same reason the grizzlies took out the Spurs 2 years ago..

3. Indiana is criminally overrated IMO im not scared of them. We should be 5-0 in the last 5 meetings against them, we obliterated that home and home last year then blew the 17 point 4th quarter lead against them(Which admittedly has turned me into a serious pacers hater) , Beat them his year then lost a 5 point game without Carmelo(2 14ish point quarters ain't happening with him in there) would not be surprised if these guys pull the 4-5 match up and lose to the nets.

4. Chicago is always a team that overpreforms in the RS, they have top defense effort and rebounding. All of which lead to regular season success, they are without a doubt a worse team then 2 years ago and even crappy Atlanta could pull them to 6 games, however I'd much much rather they face the Heat as they are basically built to beat us with a quick scoring Pg who breaks down defenses a top wing defender and top rebounding skills. One thing remains though, Rose would have to come back and be some sort of 17-23/ 7 guy and i don't put those chances very high otherwise they are just not very good.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#139 » by ctorres » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Knicks fan makes this thread, it goes 10 pages.
Pacers/Bulls fan makes this thread, it's GTFO troll!
seren
RealGM

Post#140 » by seren » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
seren wrote:

You mean the game with no Bosh and Rondo going 45 and 10?

Did you watch the game? Rondo won the game for Boston. Refs took it away. It was beyond absurdity. You can't do much when refs get involved. When they get involved, there is little you can do.

Return to New York Knicks