ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks sign K-Mart to a 10 day

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Re: Knicks sign K-Mart to a 10 day 

Post#81 » by makeitstop » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:45 pm

StephNYKurry wrote:Oh My God...CRY MORE

We did it too late

Why now?

I don't like this

Only a 10 day?

Kenyon is crazy

I don't wanna be the Nuggets

That's how it is now. NYK loses the first game back from ASG = season over, everything sucks, we're done, doom, gloom.

I'm coming to the conclusion that this board is about 80% rage addicts.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,458

Post#82 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:45 pm

boomann21 wrote:
MeloNY wrote:Something is better than nothing I guess.

We got Kenyon and a 2nd rounder for Ronnie Brewer who was actually playing like a nothing.

The only thing is you had some time invested in Brewer... should a guard or two go down.. he knows what the coach expects from him.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#83 » by boomann21 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 pm

iHeartKNicks wrote:Where does Kart get minutes from? Brewer was getting 0 minutes so does JR's minutes get reduced?

One is a pf and one was a sg/sf. Those are two different positions and we are light in the pants in the front court so I don't see Kenyon having a problem getting minutes.
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#84 » by SaveUsKP6 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Mr_Perfect wrote:
Jc17 wrote:Not sure with this move. Just another old, possibly washed up player. Don't see the difference between Thomas, camby, Rasheed and Kenyon. Good luck.

There is no difference. Kenyon Martin is a hasbeen living off old glory. Glory that really wasn't anything special to begin with.

Did Grunwald comment yet? Is he touting this as the move that fixes all the Knicks problems?

1. You're admitting you didn't watch the Clippers in the playoffs or you would have seen that K-Mart played so well he was forcing Jordan to the pine. DeAndre Jordan, one of the best shotblockers in the league. You do the same crap on every message board I swear.

2. Why would Grunwald tout this as the move to solve the Knicks' problems? WHO would ever do that, besides you? And I say that because you're the only one I've even seen come close to saying that's the case. You're blowing it out of proportion to help make your crappy point.
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User
And1: 798

Post#85 » by Bran Fast Hands » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 pm

I hope he goes alright. but lets be honest here this is what is going to happen. He'll start of poorly because he'll be out of shape/hasn't played for months and everyone on here will turn on him in an instant. I give it 2 games and he'll be deemed past it/a scrub.
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#86 » by StephNYKurry » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:

We did it too late

Why now?

I don't like this

Only a 10 day?

Kenyon is crazy

Dude shut up and write a new song or something.. it's something you're actually good at.

You missed the sarcasm bro...or maybe you didn't and you really are a beta lol

And my songwriting wouldn't take up enough time bro. Still would find my way back here
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,733

Post#87 » by ezmoney707 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 pm

boomann21 wrote:

We got Kenyon and a 2nd rounder for Ronnie Brewer who was actually playing like a nothing.

I didn't like the Brewer move at 1st but the fact that we followed it up with filling that spot its a good deal plus the future 2nd rounder. I pretty sure I saw with my very two eyes that Kenyon was a very solid for the Clips last year especially defensively. He wasn't out of the league because he couldn't play. He was out because his pride and reputation kept him from signing somewhere.
rj2496
Starter
And1: 111

Post#88 » by rj2496 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:47 pm

BREAKING: Knicks sign Kerry Kittles and Keith Van Horn to a 10 day contract as well.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#89 » by waya » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:47 pm

Lots of cry babies in here. They'd be just as bitchy if another team picked K-Mart.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#90 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Knicker23 wrote:
Sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining. Anyone who doesn't like swapping Brewer for Martin and a 2nd round pick is fooling themselves. And who is to say this O'Neal is getting bought out? Last I saw he was not. Lets at least wait till he is before we start complaining about that.

Let me get this straight... A team severely lacking in the composure department.. you know something actually critical to winning in the playoffs just adds a player who can't keep his composure and EVERYONE is supposed to stand up and applaud the move? If the move sucks or at most is a non-factor I'm going to say it.. am I not allowed to do so?
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,733

Post#91 » by ezmoney707 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 pm

waya wrote:Lots of cry babies in here. They'd be just as bitchy if another team picked K-Mart.

Bingo.

"Knicks are a joke for letting Miami steal Kenyon from right under their nose"
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#92 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 pm

StephNYKurry wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

We did it too late

Why now?

I don't like this

Only a 10 day?

Kenyon is crazy

Dude shut up and write a new song or something.. it's something you're actually good at.

You missed the sarcasm bro

Sorry man... Really like the music though.. keep it up. You to Ctorres... It'll keep you alive longer.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#93 » by boomann21 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 pm

ezmoney707 wrote:
boomann21 wrote:

I didn't like the Brewer move at 1st but the fact that we followed it up with filling that spot its a good deal plus the future 2nd rounder. I pretty sure I saw with my very two eyes that Kenyon was a very solid for the Clips last year especially defensively. He wasn't out of the league because he couldn't play. He was out because his pride and reputation kept him from signing somewhere.

Right, it was almost like a Latrell Sprewell situation where he proclaimed "he had to feed his family". Hopefully Kenyon will be able to produce and help out the guys. I'm still hoping we cut White or Cope for Delonte West because we need to shore up our back court for this second half run.
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#94 » by makeitstop » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 pm

waya wrote:Lots of cry babies in here. They'd be just as bitchy if another team picked K-Mart.

For sure. Everyone complaining about KMart right now would be raging even harder if he went to Miami. Every move is the wrong move. SMH.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#95 » by Fat » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Felton
Shump
melo
Stat
Chandler

Pablo
Kidd
Smith
Novak
K-Mart

F*ck small ball and slow starts
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#96 » by Red Vines » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Tina Cervasio ‏@TinaCervasio
#Knicks ExecVP of BBall Ops &GM GlenGrunwald says we’ve always liked KenyonMartin -good player, defender,played w # ofKnicks helps w synergy

SYNERGY!
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#97 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Let's be totally clear about this:
K-Mart is probably the best FA by far available. Last season, he was more valuable than "young guys" like Amundson. He also was better 2 years ago than Sheed who some here are crying about.

Hahn reported that K-mart was actually holding out for this position.

Do I like the fact that our only size-appropriate matchups for LeBron are Melo, Novak, and Copeland? NO but this looks like it's going to be it as far getting help is concerned.

We still need a point guard and a defensive SF.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#98 » by StephNYKurry » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Is the presser watchable?
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#99 » by Knicker23 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:51 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Knicker23 wrote:
Sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining. Anyone who doesn't like swapping Brewer for Martin and a 2nd round pick is fooling themselves. And who is to say this O'Neal is getting bought out? Last I saw he was not. Lets at least wait till he is before we start complaining about that.

Let me get this straight... A team severely lacking in the composure department.. you know something actually critical to winning in the playoffs just adds a player who can't keep his composure and EVERYONE is supposed to stand up and applaud the move? If the move sucks or at most is a non-factor I'm going to say it.. am I not allowed to do so?

We don't have the luxury of not signing someone like him because of his temper. Not when you're dealing with some of the possible other names that are realistically floating around, and not when his potential for being an impact on this team is what it is.. and not when you're giving up nothing for him. Brewer wasn't going to be playing a lick no matter what anyway, better or worse. Martin has possibility of doing something for this team, we'll be a bad tempered team regardless.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,624

Post#100 » by Lord Commander » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Where's Tim Thomas? Let's bring him back for **** and giggles...

Return to New York Knicks