ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Phil Jackson laughed off Lakers GM...RE: D'Antoni

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Re: OT: Phil Jackson laughed off Lakers GM...RE: D'Antoni 

Post#21 » by kosmovitelli » Thu May 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Let's not get carried away, Dwight Howard won't leave $25+ million GUARANTEED on the table (an additional 5th season and higher raises) just because of Mike d'Antoni.

If he's not pleased with Mike, DH will simply re-sign with the Lakers and force Mike d'Antoni out. He already did that in Orlando. Not a new situation for him. Kobe's contract will expire at the end of next season, Nash will have one-year left so Dwight will be their franchise player and the one they have to accomodate and even if Dwight's an idiot, his agent will make that clear to him.

With all his past injuries, I have a hard time to believe Dwight will leave the Lakers and guaranteed money. Same for Chris Paul and the Clippers. No way these guys will pass on an additional guaranteed 5th season and 7.5% raise with full Bird rights.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,682

Post#22 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 23, 2013 3:39 pm

They were 45-37 even with all those injuries. D'Antoni was brought in 2 weeks into the season after Mike Brown's firing with no training camp and no PG for a good portions of the season. Plus, he had Kobe bickering with Howard and everybody else. I don't think that's a bad job.
Free Palestine
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#23 » by seren » Thu May 23, 2013 3:44 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:They were 45-37 even with all those injuries. D'Antoni was brought in 2 weeks into the season after Mike Brown's firing with no training camp and no PG for a good portions of the season. Plus, he had Kobe bickering with Howard and everybody else. I don't think that's a bad job.

I think their record was fine given the injuries. Some might question whether some of those injuries (Kobe specifically) is due to how DAntoni used him.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,682

Post#24 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 23, 2013 4:15 pm

seren wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:They were 45-37 even with all those injuries. D'Antoni was brought in 2 weeks into the season after Mike Brown's firing with no training camp and no PG for a good portions of the season. Plus, he had Kobe bickering with Howard and everybody else. I don't think that's a bad job.

I think their record was fine given the injuries. Some might question whether some of those injuries (Kobe specifically) is due to how DAntoni used him.

I don't know that any other coach would've kept Kobe off the floor. As much as a douche as he may be, Kobe wants to win just as much, if not more, than anyone in the league - to a fault.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks