ImageImageImageImageImage

Paul George free agency

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Bran Fast Hands
Banned User
And1: 798

Re: Paul George free agency 

Post#21 » by Bran Fast Hands » Sat May 25, 2013 7:10 am

kneega wrote:Melo scored 39 points with a torn Labrum guarding David cry baby West. But George is better...lmao...it's really hard to be patient with some of you...

As I've said all along, he ain't better yet but it won't be long before he is.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,375

Post#22 » by Context » Sat May 25, 2013 7:28 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
kneega wrote:Melo scored 39 points with a torn Labrum guarding David cry baby West. But George is better...lmao...it's really hard to be patient with some of you...

Yeah.. we lost that game. And it's a partially torn labrum... let's at least be accurate about the injury.

Semantics... "Partially" while guarding big a*s west while dropping 39 -when you have no help like Lebron and Durant has (before Weskbrook got injuried) is warrior level. Period. And anyone who attempts to minimize that is a waste to debate with...with all due respect...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#23 » by Context » Sat May 25, 2013 7:30 am

Bran Fast Hands wrote:

If my grandfather would have never met my grandmother maybe I would have a different mother and be born on another planet. Paul George has a long way to go before he can be mentioned with a Melo. Period.
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User

Post#24 » by Bran Fast Hands » Sat May 25, 2013 7:41 am

kneega wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:

If my grandfather would have never met my mother maybe I would have a different mother and be born on another planet. Paul George has a long way to go before he can be mentioned with a Melo. Period.

No he doesn't. But whatever, your opinion. And this is a Basketball forum, if you aren't willing to discuss or consider a players future ability/potential then :lol: . And in some sort of hypothetical situation where a Melo/George trade went down their ages and Georges potential would be one of the biggest incentive for the team trading for him.
Context
RealGM

Post#25 » by Context » Sat May 25, 2013 7:58 am

Bran Fast Hands wrote:
kneega wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:

If my grandfather would have never met my mother maybe I would have a different mother and be born on another planet. Paul George has a long way to go before he can be mentioned with a Melo. Period.

No he doesn't. But whatever, your opinion. And this is a Basketball forum, if you aren't willing to discuss or consider a players future ability/potential then :lol: . And in some sort of hypothetical situation where a Melo/George trade went down their ages and Georges potential would be one of the biggest incentive for the team trading for him.

Some of you love to go back and forth arguing over facts. You can't separate or identify the fine line of fact and opinion. George has been in the league for three years and has taken his game to another level THIS year and some of you call this a debate. And now I don't know how to have a discussion, it's a basketball forum, etc, etc... Just stop!

Melo has given us everything he had. He risked further injuring himself and all some of you can do is either put up these threads, support these threads, etc... It's a mirror of where this world is headed. I participate in debates that can evolve - this is a waste of energy. Sitting here talking about a player who couldn't even shut down Melo with a partial tear- enjoy taking Melo for granted and enjoy disrespecting the guy over and over and over... Just remember this -all of the guys that he gets compared to the ones who have consistently shown us something- they play with top 5 and top 10 players. Look at what Melos did this year and he didn't have ONE elite player to play with...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User

Post#26 » by Bran Fast Hands » Sat May 25, 2013 8:07 am

kneega wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:
kneega wrote:

Melo has given us everything he had. He risked further injuring himself and all some of you can do is either put up these threads, support these threads, etc... It's a mirror of where this world is headed. I participate in debates that can evolve - this is a waste of energy. Sitting here talking about a player who couldn't even shut down Melo with a partial tear- enjoy taking Melo for granted and enjoy disrespecting the guy over and over and over... Just remember this all of the guys that he gets compared to the ones who have consistently shown us something- they play with top 5 and top 10 players. Look at what Melos did this year and he didn't have ONE!

What has that got to do with anything? I'm looking at the comparison and situation as a neutral/if I was in charge of a team. It's a hypothetical discussion to fill some time in which is going to be a long off season. Disrespecting Melo because I believe George will be the better player in a few years time? Take your blue and orange glasses off and think about it :lol: I'm sorry I disrespected your precious Melo, I'm sure he'll be alright though, but if you don't what to participate in a debate 'that can't evlolve' or doesn't involve people praising Anthony at every opportunity then don't. Maybe you can have a thread with NYKMentality.
Context
RealGM

Post#27 » by Context » Sat May 25, 2013 8:17 am

Bran Fast Hands wrote:
kneega wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:No he doesn't. But whatever, your opinion. And this is a Basketball forum, if you aren't willing to discuss or consider a players future ability/potential then :lol: . And in some sort of hypothetical situation where a Melo/George trade went down their ages and Georges potential would be one of the biggest incentive for the team trading for him.

Melo has given us everything he had. He risked further injuring himself and all some of you can do is either put up these threads, support these threads, etc... It's a mirror of where this world is headed. I participate in debates that can evolve - this is a waste of energy. Sitting here talking about a player who couldn't even shut down Melo with a partial tear- enjoy taking Melo for granted and enjoy disrespecting the guy over and over and over... Just remember this all of the guys that he gets compared to the ones who have consistently shown us something- they play with top 5 and top 10 players. Look at what Melos did this year and he didn't have ONE!

What has that got to do with anything? I'm looking at the comparison and situation as a neutral/if I was in charge of a team. It's a hypothetical discussion to fill some time in which is going to be a long off season. Disrespecting Melo because I believe George will be the better player in a few years time? Take your blue and orange glasses off and think about it :lol: I'm sorry I disrespected your precious Melo, I'm sure he'll be alright though, but if you don't what to participate in a debate 'that can't evlolve' or doesn't involve people praising Anthony at every opportunity then don't. Maybe you can have a thread with NYKMentality.

Rationalize it all you want. George shows you some candy and you're dreaming of the future. I call that, not ONY a lack of loyalty but its also called premature ejaculation... :lol:

Let George play at this level for a couple more years and then you can trade Melo for him-geez... This is what fandom has become...

Knick fans put in that transfer paper JR was talking about - Dam! :roll:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#28 » by Thugger HBC » Sat May 25, 2013 8:18 am

Not that I'm saying PG will be better than Melo, but this thread is looking eerily similar to the Durant Melo threads.

PG already has rebounding playmaking and defense. All he needs is efficient scoring and precision passing.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#29 » by N8isScofield » Sat May 25, 2013 8:24 am

ibraheim718 wrote:

Yeah.. we lost that game. And it's a partially torn labrum... let's at least be accurate about the injury.

:roll:
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User

Post#30 » by Bran Fast Hands » Sat May 25, 2013 8:42 am

kneega wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:
kneega wrote:

Rationalize it all you want. George shows you some candy and you're dreaming of the future. I call that, not ONY a lack of loyalty but its also called premature ejaculation... :lol:

Let George play at this level for a couple more years and then you can trade Melo for him-geez... This is what fandom has become...

I've been talking up Paul George since about a 1/4 of the way through the reg season because I could see a special player developing.

I don't know how many times I have to say it but this has nothing to do with being a Knicks fan or not, I'm comparing two players without bias. How boring it must be for you to only be able to talk about Basketball with a sense of 'loyalty' to the Knicks.
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User

Post#31 » by Bran Fast Hands » Sat May 25, 2013 8:44 am

Thugger HBC wrote:Not that I'm saying PG will be better than Melo, but this thread is looking eerily similar to the Durant Melo threads.

PG already has rebounding playmaking and defense. All he needs is efficient scoring and precision passing.

Yeah efficient, consistent scoring is the missing link at the moment. Have no doubt his shot will become more consistent, and he will work at getting to the line more often. And his rising profile will also help that.

But how dare you talk about a non Knick player in an objective manner!!!
Context
RealGM

Post#32 » by Context » Sat May 25, 2013 8:49 am

Bran Fast Hands wrote:
kneega wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:

I've been talking up Paul George since about a 1/4 of the way through the reg season because I could see a special player developing.

I don't know how many times I have to say it but this has nothing to do with being a Knicks fan or not, I'm comparing two players without bias. How boring it must be for you to only be able to talk about Basketball with a sense of 'loyalty' to the Knicks.

And how sad it must be for you to make the typical common mistake that most humans make and that's to assume. The site is here -go and do your research and see if all I do is praise "Knick players" :noway:

And this is the last post on this. It's called "timing". This is the wrong time for this nonsense and you are comparing an elite, established, veteran to an unproven young player with what appears to be promise(shown in his third season). Premature ejaculation...

Good night...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Thugger HBC » Sat May 25, 2013 8:49 am

Bran Fast Hands wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Not that I'm saying PG will be better than Melo, but this thread is looking eerily similar to the Durant Melo threads.

Yeah efficient, consistent scoring is the missing link at the moment. Have no doubt his shot will become more consistent, and he will work at getting to the line more often. And his rising profile will also help that.

:lol:

I'm an nba fan as well, the Knicks are my favorite team.

Now I will say, contrary to some, I don't see superstar in PG yet, but I'm confident he will enjoy multiple all star selections

Bran Fast Hands
Banned User

Post#34 » by Bran Fast Hands » Sat May 25, 2013 8:56 am

kneega wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:
kneega wrote:

And how sad it must be for you to make the typical common mistake that most humans make and that's to assume. The site is here -go and do your research and see if all I do is praise "Knick players" :noway:

And this is the last post on this. It's called "timing". This is the wrong time for this nonsense and you are comparing an elite, established, veteran to an unproven young player with what appears to be promise(shown in his third season). Premature ejaculation...

Good night...

Pass on my apologies to Melo and to the Knicks for my lack of 'loyalty'

Thugger HBC wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:

:lol:

I'm an nba fan as well, the Knicks are my favorite team.

:bowdown:
fresko024
Veteran
And1: 459

Post#35 » by fresko024 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:30 pm

i would like PG on the Knicks..he's a great defender and he's efficient offensively...i

with him at the 3 and Melo at the 4 we'd be nasty...2 years from now is all we have to look forward to unless we have a beast of a draft. why amnesty Chauncey?!?! lol everything always goes back to Amare's fat ass contract
Romans 8:1-4
bronxknicksfan1
Starter
And1: 1,315

Post#36 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:53 pm

One could say the same thing about Andre Iguodala though. It's premature to say Paul George will be better than Melo. He's definitely a more versatile player, but versatility doesn't mean "better".
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#37 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Just saying... A core built around George and Shumpert would be pretty good. Defensively they could end up being 2 of the better 2 way players in the league.

Melo isn't going anywhere, nor am I saying we need to get rid of him. But George and Shump would be fun to watch.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by Thugger HBC » Sat May 25, 2013 1:59 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Just saying... A core built around George and Shumpert would be pretty good. Defensively they could end up being 2 of the better 2 way players in the league.

Melo isn't going anywhere, nor am I saying we need to get rid of him. But George and Shump would be fun to watch.

Not on offense, but defensively.....awesome 2-3.

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,999

Post#39 » by god shammgod » Sat May 25, 2013 2:21 pm

maybe he'll be better one day, maybe not. but if pg was on the knicks instead of melo this past season, they wouldn't have the same record. that's for sure.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#40 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Just saying... A core built around George and Shumpert would be pretty good. Defensively they could end up being 2 of the better 2 way players in the league.

Not on offense, but defensively.....awesome 2-3.

I think both players have the potential to be 20ppg players. Add that with stellar defense they'd be fun to watch.

Return to New York Knicks