ImageImageImageImageImage

Paul George free agency

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 468

Re: Paul George free agency 

Post#81 » by kNicksGmen » Sun May 26, 2013 4:21 am

again, what is the quote in your sig trying to imply? i don't understand why someone would put that quote in their sig.
MeloMIracle
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#82 » by MeloMIracle » Sun May 26, 2013 4:31 am

Bran Fast Hands wrote:
MeloMIracle wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:People really think it is impossible for Paul George to move his FG% from 42% to 45% sometime in the next few years? :lol:

you're a pure melo hater so you shouldn't be posting in this thread.

I'm not a Melo hater at all, I'm a Melo neutral in that I get after him when I think he deserves it and praise him when he deserves it also. But if a 'hater' shouldn't post in this thread than neither should someone with the username 'Melomiracle' :lol:

which is why im not adding my input, just stating that you shouldn't either
JSmooth93
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#83 » by JSmooth93 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:55 am

Bran Fast Hands wrote:People really think it is impossible for Paul George to move his FG% from 42% to 45% sometime in the next few years? :lol:

Scoring his 17 PPG sure.
Scoring 30 PPG??
He'd end up shooting at a lower percentage on that volume.

And Paul George isn't a great post defender, he actual played illegal post defense on Melo most of that series, you can have a hand and a forearm on the offensive player, not two palms. He did that all series.
His perimeter defense is clearly superior though.

But in terms of clutch and scoring, he won't surpass Melo, especially not in 2 years.
imborj
Senior
And1: 53

Post#84 » by imborj » Sun May 26, 2013 6:49 am

Indy will not let him go
TheGarden
Banned User
And1: 1,156

Post#85 » by TheGarden » Sun May 26, 2013 6:54 am

Knicks fans are like kids at day care

They have their own toys but they wanna play with everyone else's
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User
And1: 798

Post#86 » by Bran Fast Hands » Sun May 26, 2013 7:06 am

JSmooth93 wrote:

Scoring his 17 PPG sure.
Scoring 30 PPG??

And Paul George isn't a great post defender, he actual played illegal post defense on Melo most of that series, you can have a hand and a forearm on the offensive player, not two palms. He did that all series.

But in terms of clutch and scoring, he won't surpass Melo, especially not in 2 years.

I don't think anyone realistically expects him to be a 30 ppg scorer, or that he needs to pass Melo scoring wise to be a better player.
JSmooth93
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by JSmooth93 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:20 am

Bran Fast Hands wrote:
JSmooth93 wrote:

Scoring his 17 PPG sure.
Scoring 30 PPG??

I don't think anyone realistically expects him to be a 30 ppg scorer, or that he needs to pass Melo scoring wise to be a better player.

If he doesn't score 25+ PPG I don't consider that a superstar.
All the defense in the world in the world could't make a wing player scoring 17 PPG a superstar.
Unless he dimed out 15APG or something ridiculous.
daschysta
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#88 » by daschysta » Sun May 26, 2013 8:21 am

JSmooth93 wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:
JSmooth93 wrote:Scoring his 17 PPG sure.
Scoring 30 PPG??

All the defense in the world in the world could't make a wing player scoring 17 PPG a superstar.

Very shallow way of looking at it. George only needs to score 22ish ppg on decent efficiency to be better than Melo overall. He's elite at everything else.
JSmooth93
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by JSmooth93 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:12 am

daschysta wrote:
JSmooth93 wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:

Very shallow way of looking at it. George only needs to score 22ish ppg on decent efficiency to be better than Melo overall. He's elite at everything else.

I'm not gonna say Melo is in the same defensive class as George.
But Melo's defense is severely underrated.
Paul George according to Synergy, holds opponents to 37.2% shooting.
Melo holds opponents to 39.3% shooting.

Granted, George often guards the opponent's best wing player but there are few dominating wings in the league.
George also has a larger sample size of defensive possessions overall due to Indiana's defensive man scheme.

But Melo and George have guarded almost the same number of post ups(Melo guarded one more) this season.
Melo wins that by nearly 10%. (Melo's 35.4% compared to George's 43.6%)

For these reasons I wouldn't say George is "world's away" from the other top SF's defensively and he is not yet close to their work offensively.

I'm not sure what else we can use to compare.
I guess you can argue George is less selfish with the ball...but he has no reason to be yet.
George is more athletic but without being able to become even near as dominate on the offensive end, I don't see him surpassing Melo/Durant/Lebron.

Just my reasoning.
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#90 » by MrProb » Sun May 26, 2013 9:24 am

Lets just wait and see, i dont think hes going to be much better than he is right now,Some people are really overrated this guy.
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User

Post#91 » by Bran Fast Hands » Sun May 26, 2013 9:34 am

JSmooth93 wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:
JSmooth93 wrote:Scoring his 17 PPG sure.
Scoring 30 PPG??

He isn't going to average 30 a game, but I doubt he is going to stay averaging 17 a game either. Is Melo a 'superstar'?
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,357

Post#92 » by NoStatsGuy » Sun May 26, 2013 10:14 am

can we eventually stop this garbage???
im bout dat action boss
kNicksGmen
Analyst

Post#93 » by kNicksGmen » Sun May 26, 2013 10:58 am

what a supreme herb. won't even respond to a simple question. what kind of nincompoop has an amare avatar and a sig that takes a shot at him lol. unless he's deluded enough to believe it's somehow a shot at melo. lord only knows.
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User

Post#94 » by Bran Fast Hands » Sun May 26, 2013 11:11 am

kNicksGmen wrote:what a supreme herb. won't even respond to a simple question. what kind of nincompoop has an amare avatar and a sig that takes a shot at him lol. unless he's deluded enough to believe it's somehow a shot at melo. lord only knows.

Settle down, I just thought it was funny how it turned out that it was required that he had to score 30 most nights for us to try get wins. Such a sensitive bunch when it comes to Carmelo Anthony. I'm oh so sorry I missed your question.
kNicksGmen
Analyst

Post#95 » by kNicksGmen » Sun May 26, 2013 1:22 pm

i don't find any humor in amare's inability to stay healthy forcing JR and felton to be the 2nd option. in fact it's quite the opposite of humorous.
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,368

Post#96 » by xBulletproof » Sun May 26, 2013 3:23 pm

Paul George isn't going anywhere. Even if he makes an All NBA team next year and qualifies for a larger max contract, he still isn't going anywhere.

Lance Stephenson is the guy we may not be able to afford to pay. He's from New York and you saw what he can do in Game 6.
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#97 » by rammagen » Sun May 26, 2013 3:40 pm

why? why why? and in 10 yrs someone will be better then him it is called life
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#98 » by Quick Kick » Sun May 26, 2013 3:44 pm

If I had to pick who Id like to have on the Knicks from Indy, Id go with Hibbert before PG.
MeloMIracle
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#99 » by MeloMIracle » Sun May 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Quick Kick wrote:If I had to pick who Id like to have on the Knicks from Indy, Id go with Hibbert before PG.

Agreed I think if you swap hibbert with chandler the knicks woulda swept or taken the series in 5 against the pacers.
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#100 » by MelosSoreWrist » Sun May 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Looking at the basic numbers from this years playoffs (I know its not the whole story but...)

28.8 pts 40.6%fg 29.8%3pt 6.6reb 1.6ast .2blk 1.1stl 2.6to

19.9pts 41.9%fg 29.1%3pt 7.5reb 5.1ast .5blk 1.5stl 3.6to
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?

Return to New York Knicks