ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The WWE Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#1921 » by kingquan316 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:27 pm

jonny31623 wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:
jonny31623 wrote:
yea the whole wolfpac inside of nwo was sick. red and black or something right? i remember that.

yup red and black. and then WCW screwed over goldberg and had him lose his title to Nash by getting tasered.

then he lost his title to hogan by getting poked and lying down. This then lead to both NWO's uniting together.

As a kid I remember being so annoyed with this bs I stopped watching WCW and watched only WWF.

If you look at the documenatries and tv ratings, this exact moment is one of the biggest factors that lead to the death of WCW. It was such a terribly written storyline that it killed a wrestling company. Crazy right? WCW was on absolute fire, and WWF attitude Era is what won them the war along with this mishap.

yea i remember. it was pretty cool when wwf bought wcw over. and the whole invasion storyline came out.

one of my top 3 austin moments was this:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDOhuHgCGhQ[/youtube]

man JR was awesome hyping guys up. when austin was walking down to the ring. i swear i get goosebumps everytime.

dam i loved wwf back in the day......

Man Austin was such a bad ass. Makes me realize how lame Cena really is, he can never get that type of reaction. That is why even though I have doubts of Reigns being the next franchise guy in wwe, at least he acts and looks like a badass. At this point, I'm on the mindset of "Anyone but Cena" for a new guy to take over.

Back to Austin, his feud with Bret was such a great rivalry. I was a huge Bret fan, but as a kid I hated Austin, but soon grew to love him. His promos against Bret really showed us that "this guy has it." Look at the videos below, such great intensity from the way he deliver his words.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7yLbfNywhI[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNsb-9xUjSQ[/youtube]
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,000

Post#1922 » by Fury » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Dean Ambrose is a combination of Roddy Piper, Brian Pillman, Stone Cold and Cactus Jack.
jonny31623
Senior
And1: 183

Post#1923 » by jonny31623 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:44 pm

kingquan316 wrote:
jonny31623 wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:
yup red and black. and then WCW screwed over goldberg and had him lose his title to Nash by getting tasered.

then he lost his title to hogan by getting poked and lying down. This then lead to both NWO's uniting together.

As a kid I remember being so annoyed with this bs I stopped watching WCW and watched only WWF.

If you look at the documenatries and tv ratings, this exact moment is one of the biggest factors that lead to the death of WCW. It was such a terribly written storyline that it killed a wrestling company. Crazy right? WCW was on absolute fire, and WWF attitude Era is what won them the war along with this mishap.

yea i remember. it was pretty cool when wwf bought wcw over. and the whole invasion storyline came out.

man JR was awesome hyping guys up. when austin was walking down to the ring. i swear i get goosebumps everytime.

Man Austin was such a bad ass. Makes me realize how lame Cena really is, he can never get that type of reaction. That is why even though I have doubts of Reigns being the next franchise guy in wwe, at least he acts and looks like a badass. At this point, I'm on the mindset of "Anyone but Cena" for a new guy to take over.

Back to Austin, his feud with Bret was such a great rivalry. I was a huge Bret fan, but as a kid I hated Austin, but soon grew to love him. His promos against Bret really showed us that "this guy has it." Look at the videos below, such great intensity from the way he deliver his words.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7yLbfNywhI[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNsb-9xUjSQ[/youtube]

man you wanna talk about bret hart and austin..... i was the absoluteeee bigggest bret hart fan. and i remember watching austin and hart have there match, and the blood dripping down austins face. it was epiccccc. from that moment, i knewwww austin was going to be big. thats when the wwf fans started to turn on the goody two shoes characters and they wanted the more edgy guys.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#1924 » by poeman » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Why'd they change Cesaro's entrance music? His new **** is so bad. Terribly siren sounds
jonny31623
Senior

Post#1925 » by jonny31623 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:45 pm

IMAN5 wrote:
jonny31623 wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:

yeah that moment was absolutely epic. I can't remember why but the storyline was that Austin was depressed and drinking at a bar. The rest of the WWF guys all met in a room and a hall of famer (who passed away later that year) who was in really rough shape and in a wheel chair stood up and told them they needed to take a stand. Man I know that's a storyline, but that's insanely emotional and real.

Then the all out war happened in the ring, backstage, everywhere. then Austin comes in and saves the day.

...only to turn on the WWF at the ppv match.

yea he was depressed because he was singing on his guitar and being a goody guy and vince wanted the old stone cold. and he said no and gave vince a hug. then went to the bar lol.
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#1926 » by wolfv » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Fury wrote:Dean Ambrose is a combination of Roddy Piper, Brian Pillman, Stone Cold and Cactus Jack.

Yeah, Dean is just a natural wrestler. He has the great in-ring psychology and charisma many of the top guys had. You just want to watch this guy when he's on tv. I worry whether WWE is smart enough to book it right and let him become a huge star. Just recently they decided to bury Cesaro right as he was on the brink of becoming a huge face. WWE can be very stupid
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#1927 » by kingquan316 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:44 pm

wolfv wrote:
Fury wrote:Dean Ambrose is a combination of Roddy Piper, Brian Pillman, Stone Cold and Cactus Jack.

Yeah, Dean is just a natural wrestler. He has the great in-ring psychology and charisma many of the top guys had. You just want to watch this guy when he's on tv. I worry whether WWE is smart enough to book it right and let him become a huge star. Just recently they decided to bury Cesaro right as he was on the brink of becoming a huge face. WWE can be very stupid

I sometimes think they do the exact opposite of wat the fans want. Every time fans start supporting a certain wrestler, they just pull the rug underneath them. Dolph, Cesaro, Bryan (in his case the fans made no choice of him being in the mania main event, cause they were gonna boo the living crap outta Batista and Orton). Why do almost all the wrestling fans see all this potential in someone, but the creative at wwe can't. Dean may not have the right look to be a face of the company, but neither did Stone Cold. I remember people saying he can't get over just wearing black trunks and boots, but his talent overcame these critiques and he SAVED wwe from going out of business. But at the end of the day if Dean is really that good, he WILL get over with the crowd, because wrestling fans aren't stupid, and they know who are REAL talent and future stars in wrestling, and wwe will hopefully listen to them.
Trav_NYK
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#1928 » by Trav_NYK » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:07 pm

poeman wrote:Why'd they change Cesaro's entrance music? His new **** is so bad. Terribly siren sounds

Yeah I know!! The first siren actually made the song sound cool but now its like a weird ambulance siren. idk why WWE is making all of these lame entrance songs. The only recent ones that are ok are Dean Ambrose's and Rollins', and that's only because they seem to fit the wrestler. I wish they made entrance music like they used to, with the lyrics and quality music. All these new entrance theme songs sound like music made for video games or something.
"This is Me7o"
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1929 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:08 pm

kingquan316 wrote:
wolfv wrote:

I sometimes think they do the exact opposite of wat the fans want. Every time fans start supporting a certain wrestler, they just pull the rug underneath them. Dolph, Cesaro, Bryan (in his case the fans made no choice of him being in the mania main event, cause they were gonna boo the living crap outta Batista and Orton). Why do almost all the wrestling fans see all this potential in someone, but the creative at wwe can't. Dean may not have the right look to be a face of the company, but neither did Stone Cold. I remember people saying he can't get over just wearing black trunks and boots, but his talent overcame these critiques and he SAVED wwe from going out of business. But at the end of the day if Dean is really that good, he WILL get over with the crowd, because wrestling fans aren't stupid, and they know who are REAL talent and future stars in wrestling, and wwe will hopefully listen to them.

I don't know how anyone could have thought that Austin didn't have the look. It was clear he did all the way back to his days in World Class. What do his trunks and boots have to do with anything? WCW f'd up with Austin because Bishoff was an idiot about money and paying him while he was out for months with a leg injury. Even with the ultra-bland hairstyle he had in WCW, he still had a star look to him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#1930 » by IMAN5 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:35 pm

kingquan316 wrote:
wolfv wrote:

To be fair Cesaro was given a pretty big push from the get go and was given a big win at Wrestlemania. He just didn't connect with the fans, he was written incorrectly or maybe other factors but it just didn't work.

With Dolph I agree it took the WWE so long to finally reward a guy the WWE Universe was crazy about, but now he's the IC Champion so he's finally getting his.
instagram.com/510movement
Trav_NYK
Pro Prospect

Post#1931 » by Trav_NYK » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:56 pm

IMAN5 wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:
wolfv wrote:

To be fair Cesaro was given a pretty big push from the get go and was given a big win at Wrestlemania. He just didn't connect with the fans, he was written incorrectly or maybe other factors but it just didn't work.

With Dolph I agree it took the WWE so long to finally reward a guy the WWE Universe was crazy about, but now he's the IC Champion so he's finally getting his.

I have to disagree with you on Cesaro. After WWE let him win the Andre the Giant Battle royal at WrestleMania everyone was a big fan of his. The reason that hopped connecting with the crowd is because they pushed him as a heel with Paul Heyman and they forced him to stop doing the big swing he does because "it draws too big of a face reaction" from the fans. I feel that creative is the reason for Cesaro not being so popular anymore but hope this all changes once they turn him face again. I believe that WWE are waiting until Reigns gets the title for them to fully push Cesaro to the main event picture; his push was stopped because they didn't want to have two people being pushed at the same time.

I just pray that they don't treat Cesaro like they treated Ryback; I even bought a King of Swing shirt already lol
"This is Me7o"
IMAN5
General Manager

Post#1932 » by IMAN5 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Trav_NYK wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:

I have to disagree with you on Cesaro. After WWE let him win the Andre the Giant Battle royal at WrestleMania everyone was a big fan of his. The reason that hopped connecting with the crowd is because they pushed him as a heel with Paul Heyman and they forced him to stop doing the big swing he does because "it draws too big of a face reaction" from the fans. I feel that creative is the reason for Cesaro not being so popular anymore but hope this all changes once they turn him face again. I believe that WWE are waiting until Reigns gets the title for them to fully push Cesaro to the main event picture; his push was stopped because they didn't want to have two people being pushed at the same time.

I just pray that they don't treat Cesaro like they treated Ryback; I even bought a King of Swing shirt already lol

Yeah I won't argue that, like I said he was given a storyline that didn't work for him.

It's almost like Paul Heyman only works if you are already a superstar (Lesnar, CM Punk) but if you're an up and comer he flops... (Ryback, Curtis Axel, Cesaro).

The type of support Swagger has been getting lately, man if only Cesaro was still a part of that. But I also see the importance of both of them needing to be singles guys.
Trav_NYK
Pro Prospect

Post#1933 » by Trav_NYK » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:03 pm

IMAN5 wrote:
Trav_NYK wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:

Yeah I won't argue that, like I said he was given a storyline that didn't work for him.

It's almost like Paul Heyman only works if you are already a superstar (Lesnar, CM Punk) but if you're an up and comer he flops... (Ryback, Curtis Axel, Cesaro).

The type of support Swagger has been getting lately, man if only Cesaro was still a part of that. But I also see the importance of both of them needing to be singles guys.

Yeah it seems like Heyman just isn't able to put those guys over the op anymore. He needs someone who already has proven that they are a superstar type of wrestler.

a part of me wishes Cesaro was still with the "We the People" gimmick but im glad they separated them. Its weird though that they made Cesaro the heel and Swagger the face.
"This is Me7o"
IMAN5
General Manager

Post#1934 » by IMAN5 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:07 pm

can anyone explain again why the rock was not on the original team WWF but was on the final team when they faced in the winner takes all.

Was he away filming a movie?
IMAN5
General Manager

Post#1935 » by IMAN5 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:17 pm

sigh WWE and wrestling will NEVER have moments like this ever again. the intensity of the crowd, JR's commentating and last but not least one of the best entertainers of all time THE ROCK.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVF8WFqYQHk[/youtube]
IMAN5
General Manager

Post#1936 » by IMAN5 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Trav_NYK wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:
Trav_NYK wrote:I have to disagree with you on Cesaro. After WWE let him win the Andre the Giant Battle royal at WrestleMania everyone was a big fan of his. The reason that hopped connecting with the crowd is because they pushed him as a heel with Paul Heyman and they forced him to stop doing the big swing he does because "it draws too big of a face reaction" from the fans. I feel that creative is the reason for Cesaro not being so popular anymore but hope this all changes once they turn him face again. I believe that WWE are waiting until Reigns gets the title for them to fully push Cesaro to the main event picture; his push was stopped because they didn't want to have two people being pushed at the same time.

Yeah it seems like Heyman just isn't able to put those guys over the op anymore. He needs someone who already has proven that they are a superstar type of wrestler.

a part of me wishes Cesaro was still with the "We the People" gimmick but im glad they separated them. Its weird though that they made Cesaro the heel and Swagger the face.

I don't think Swagger is a face, I think he's a good inbetweener. Similar to Orton when Orton wasn't with the Authority. He wasn't a bad guy punting people, but he wasn't everyone's favorite cartoony hero.

Swagger was attacking and beating up Kofi and fans were booing him, but then the Rusev feud happened and people really got behind Swagger. WE THE PEOPLE.
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#1937 » by wolfv » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:31 pm

All Heyman did when he was with Cesaro was talk about Brock Lesnar, and Heyman was a heel so Cesaro had to be a heel, and that confused the fans because they wanted to cheer for him. ANd I think they took away his swing? I haven't seen him do it in weeks but I never watch the full 3 hours. The swing really helped him get over so if WWE took it away than they're just burying him for some reason.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#1938 » by Bill Pidto » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:34 pm

IMAN5 wrote:sigh WWE and wrestling will NEVER have moments like this ever again. the intensity of the crowd, JR's commentating and last but not least, two of the best entertainers of all time, The Rock and Vince McMahon.

Fixed
jonny31623
Senior

Post#1939 » by jonny31623 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:44 pm

IMAN5 wrote:sigh WWE and wrestling will NEVER have moments like this ever again. the intensity of the crowd, JR's commentating and last but not least one of the best entertainers of all time THE ROCK.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVF8WFqYQHk[/youtube]

yea personally i liked stone cold more than the rock. but the rock had the absolute besttttttt promo cutting talent, and no one, i mean noooo one had better on mic skills then him. the crowd connected with him in such a way, i mean when you have people who say what you are going to say and cant wait for you to say it, you have truely captured them as fans. only stone cold came close. man, the attitude era was unreal. i mean just the absolute best time wrestling ever had. i remember when vince bought wcw, the ratings for wwe went through the roof.
Trav_NYK
Pro Prospect

Post#1940 » by Trav_NYK » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:05 pm

wolfv wrote:All Heyman did when he was with Cesaro was talk about Brock Lesnar, and Heyman was a heel so Cesaro had to be a heel, and that confused the fans because they wanted to cheer for him. ANd I think they took away his swing? I haven't seen him do it in weeks but I never watch the full 3 hours. The swing really helped him get over so if WWE took it away than they're just burying him for some reason.

Yeah they took it away because it got too much of a good reaction from the fans whenever he did it. I remember on one of the RAWs when he was with Heyman, he was about to go for the swing but then threw the opponent's legs down and waved off the crowd, a true heel type of move, ad that was the last time I saw him even attempt the swing. But once they finally turn him face and give him a big push, he'll get the biggest pop from the crowd when he pulls the swing back out.
"This is Me7o"

Return to New York Knicks