ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread - Part Deux

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread - Part Deux 

Post#1 » by magnumt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:16 pm

The other one was getting too big, especially with the Trade Deadline coming up and rumors increasing. Continue onwards my wannabe GMs! :D

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,754

Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread - Part Deux 

Post#2 » by Fat » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:25 pm

1st
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#3 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:29 pm

Let the bad trade proposals...COMMENCE!
riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

Post#4 » by riter » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:40 pm

1st trade

Asik/Lin/Ronny Brewer

for Tyson/Shump/Beno
Mike Breen
Analyst
And1: 2,072

Post#5 » by Mike Breen » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:40 pm

It's pretty crazy to think how important the next 8 days are for the next 4-5 years of the franchise.
And just like that, the lead has been cut to 8!

-Mike Breen
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#6 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:42 pm

riter wrote:1st trade

Asik/Lin/Ronny Brewer

for Tyson/Shump/Beno

So they can have a Tyson / Howard frontcourt even though the Asik / Howard one failed on both ends of the court?

Also, Lin >>>>>>>>> Beno. Houston doesn't need a center; they need backups and for McHale to get his head out of his ass and stop screwing with Lin.
MKCATL
Starter
And1: 707

Post#7 » by MKCATL » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:44 pm

3 way trade

Knicks out: Chandler, Shump, Murrey, 2018 first
Suns out: Okafor, 2014 first
Tor out: Lowry, Fields, Salmons

Knicks In: Lowry, Fields, Salmons, 2014 first
Suns In: Chandler
Tor In: Shumpert, Okafor, Murrey, 2018 first

Toronto saves around 14 million.
Knicks keep 2015 plan alive.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=muxujng
"I am by no means an expert in basketball." -James Dolan
MKCATL
Starter
And1: 707

Post#8 » by MKCATL » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:46 pm

Mike Breen wrote:It's pretty crazy to think how important the next 8 days are for the next 4-5 years of the franchise.

Thats why I can't see how we sit still and go into the offseason with only expirings and a mmle.
"I am by no means an expert in basketball." -James Dolan
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#9 » by Marty McFly » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm not taking on any of den's garbage unless we're getting that 2014 back.

I'm not trading a first round pick for kyle lowry.

as far as lin, I'm not even sure what to do with that.

do.not.trade.anymore.first.round.picks.

I'm curious about waiters, deng (cle) and adams (okc)
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
riter
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by riter » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:52 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:

Asik/Lin/Ronny Brewer

for Tyson/Shump/Beno

So they can have a Tyson / Howard frontcourt even though the Asik / Howard one failed on both ends of the court?

Also, Lin >>>>>>>>> Beno. Houston doesn't need a center; they need backups and for McHale to get his head out of his ass and stop screwing with Lin.

Having multiple Centers doesn't matter to Mchale. Even though it didn't work, they love having Asik off the bench and wouldn't trade him if they didn't have a choice(and I think they have a choice so that's why they probably won't trade him)

Also this might be the best offer. Tyson will be an expiring next year and Clearing Asik and Lin allows them to resign Parsons and stay under the tax.

ofcourse Lin is better than Beno, but they don't seem to want Lin for some reason--Shump is a wing defender, something they are looking for. beno and brewer are just throw ins.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#11 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 pm

riter wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Asik/Lin/Ronny Brewer

for Tyson/Shump/Beno

Having multiple Centers doesn't matter to Mchale. Even though it didn't work, they love having Asik off the bench and wouldn't trade him if they didn't have a choice(and I think they have a choice so that's why they probably won't trade him)

ofcourse Lin is better than Beno, but they don't seem to want Lin for some reason--Shump is a wing defender, something they are looking for. beno and brewer are just throw ins.

And you think Tyson isn't going to complain like Asik did? You think he's going to want to play 12 minutes a game? I don't think so.

They haven't traded Asik because of Morey's absurd demands (wasn't it like a good player, a first round pick, and a right to swap?). They will trade him when they deem fit IF they can get back what they deem to be fair value.

I don't think they "don't want Lin" - especially with the way he has played this year. As for Shump being a "wing defender" - right now, he's only an athlete who has shown promise on the defensive end...that's all. Also, where would they play him...? Lasty -- look at McHale's offensive scheme -- you think Shump would fit in with Houston's style...? :-?
IvyLeagueVet
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#12 » by IvyLeagueVet » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:58 pm

Ahhh, this is where all the crack is being dealt.

Lay off the pipe boys!!!
riter
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by riter » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
And you think Tyson isn't going to complain like Asik did? You think he's going to want to play 12 minutes a game? I don't think so.

They haven't traded Asik because of Morey's absurd demands (wasn't it like a good player, a first round pick, and a right to swap?). They will trade him when they deem fit IF they can get back what they deem to be fair value.

I don't think they "don't want Lin" - especially with the way he has played this year. As for Shump being a "wing defender" - right now, he's only an athlete who has shown promise on the defensive end...that's all. Also, where would they play him...? Lasty -- look at McHale's offensive scheme -- you think Shump would fit in with Houston's style...? :-?

I edited my post b/c I left out the most important reeason this trade could go through.

"Also this might be the best offer. Tyson will be an expiring next year and Clearing Asik and Lin allows them to resign Parsons and stay under the tax."

and yes, I believe Tyson won't complain one bit. Especially if Houston has a shot at winning a title.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#14 » by KnicksGod » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:02 pm

If you did a Melo for Lin/Asik deal I also think you'd see a fast jump in Shumpert's progress and energy level.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,015

Post#15 » by R-DAWG » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:05 pm

Andrea Bargnani, Amare Stoudemire and JR Smith for Lebron James, Dewayne Wade and Chris Bosh.

Miami can't afford to lose Lebron for nothing

Maybe Ray Felton can be included as a sweetner.

Get it done, dolan.

LOL
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#16 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:08 pm

riter wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

I edited my post b/c I left out the most important reeason this trade could go through.

"Also this might be the best offer. Tyson will be an expiring next year and Clearing Asik and Lin allows them to resign Parsons and stay under the tax."

and yes, I believe Tyson won't complain one bit. Especially if Houston has a shot at winning a title.

Asik and Lin expire after next year, also...

I think Tyson will complain. He's a well respected veteran in the league who has won a championship being the defensive anchor. He then signs with a team he believes is on the upswing only to be traded to a second tier championship team that is still a decent bit away from being true contenders and doesn't start for them? Yeah, he's not going to be okay with that.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#17 » by Marty McFly » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:09 pm

KnicksGod wrote:If you did a Melo for Lin/Asik deal I also think you'd see a fast jump in Shumpert's progress and energy level.

kg, regardless of what you think of him, that's not enough for melo.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,648

Post#18 » by Lord Commander » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:11 pm

My first trade proposal...here goes...

Tyson, Fatness and Amare for Durant and Westbrook. No pick going over...I want to hold on to that 2018 pick at all costs.
riter
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by riter » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Asik and Lin expire after next year, also...

I think Tyson will complain. He's a well respected veteran in the league who has won a championship being the defensive anchor. He then signs with a team he believes is on the upswing only to be traded to a second tier championship team that is still a decent bit away from being true contenders and doesn't start for them? Yeah, he's not going to be okay with that.

1)http://www.sbnation.com/2014/2/11/5400700/chandler-parsons-rockets-conundrum-nba-free-agency

2)that's just what you think Tyson would think. Doesn't make it so. I happen to think otherwise of what he would think about getting traded from "a team he believes in on the upswing"
riter
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by riter » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:15 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:My first trade proposal...here goes...

Tyson, Fatness and Amare for Durant and Westbrook. No pick going over...I want to hold on to that 2018 pick at all costs.

Knicks would never do that. Westbrook is a ball hog and Durant is too skinny--he'll get hurt

Return to New York Knicks