ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: All Things Hip Hop thread (bringin' it back)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,504

Re: OT: All Things Hip Hop thread (bringin' it back) 

Post#81 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:11 pm

The joint with Fifty and Fat Joe goes hard!

Side note, Action Bronson is that dude and I didn't realize he throws fans into the crowd like it's nothing...madd videos of him lmao

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ7i-FBgpSw[/youtube]
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#82 » by j4remi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:14 am

"Sorry Mr. Drizzy cus so much art I talk. Silly me rapping bout shyt I really bought. While these rappers rap about guns they aint shot, and a bunch of other shyt that they aint got." - Jay

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYvRpzUdNu4[/youtube]

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire:
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,306

Post#83 » by UnderdogRaptors » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:57 am

j4remi wrote:"Sorry Mr. Drizzy cus so much art I talk. Silly me rapping bout shyt I really bought. While these rappers rap about guns they aint shot, and a bunch of other shyt that they aint got." - Jay

lmao i thought they were cool? i love this tbh rap game needs more beef/disses :lol: :lol: :lol:
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
Skysthelimit91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#84 » by Skysthelimit91 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:58 am

Was just vibing to some classic stuff from the GOAT nujabes may he R.I.P.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1zT1KjbPk[/youtube]
Skysthelimit91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#85 » by Skysthelimit91 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:00 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:you guys still check for Fif? he comin out with a new album on June 3rd :D :rocking: :rockon:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-9pGIDsyvs[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psg2o0mKE2o[/youtube]

Fire. Fifty is so under appreciated.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,306

Post#86 » by UnderdogRaptors » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:11 am

Skysthelimit91 wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:you guys still check for Fif? he comin out with a new album on June 3rd :D :rocking: :rockon:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-9pGIDsyvs[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psg2o0mKE2o[/youtube]

Fire. Fifty is so under appreciated.

trueeeeeeee, im just happy hes coming out with new material finally hes dropping SKI later on in the year too :D
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#87 » by j4remi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:41 pm

UnderdogRaptors wrote:lmao i thought they were cool? i love this tbh rap game needs more beef/disses :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drake in the Rolling Stone interview (infamous now because he complained about Phillip Seymour Hoffman stealing his cover) said something along the lines of "Jay can't have bars without 4 art references. The hip hop/art movement is corny to me."

Kind of a verbal jab followed by a lyrical jab. I'd love to see Drake actually come out and try to battle. He threw some shots at Common on Stay Schemin' but he hasn't named an emcee on a track or really gone into that battle world yet...I'm excited to see if he's willing to really try this ish out.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#88 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:24 pm

j4remi wrote:"Sorry Mr. Drizzy cus so much art I talk. Silly me rapping bout shyt I really bought. While these rappers rap about guns they aint shot, and a bunch of other shyt that they aint got." - Jay

Thats funny, especially since Jay was his idol and in a song said he would cry when Jay dies. (forget which song, he mentions Pac and how he was too young when he died, but If hov passed hed shed a tear or sum)
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#89 » by j4remi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:50 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:

Thats funny, especially since Jay was his idol and in a song said he would cry when Jay dies. (forget which song, he mentions Pac and how he was too young when he died, but If hov passed hed shed a tear or sum)

Drake's head got way too big since then. He had the "Macklemore shouldn't have only texted Kendrick about getting robbed" comment that came off like "What about me macklemore :cry: ", the Phillip Seymour Hoffman comment that he had to take back and then he essentially called Jay corny in Rolling Stone. Good to see him get slapped upside the head by his idol, Jay didn't hit him all that hard...but gave him a real nice warning shot. Maybe he'll stop running his mouth. (after typing this all, I recall a dumb comment about the Kendrick verse on Control too but don't remember it specifically).

BTW, I think the line was "I never cried when Pac died, but I prolly will when Jay does" or something.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,348

Post#90 » by Phish Tank » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:05 pm

j4remi wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:lmao i thought they were cool? i love this tbh rap game needs more beef/disses :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drake in the Rolling Stone interview (infamous now because he complained about Phillip Seymour Hoffman stealing his cover) said something along the lines of "Jay can't have bars without 4 art references. The hip hop/art movement is corny to me."

Kind of a verbal jab followed by a lyrical jab. I'd love to see Drake actually come out and try to battle. He threw some shots at Common on Stay Schemin' but he hasn't named an emcee on a track or really gone into that battle world yet...I'm excited to see if he's willing to really try this ish out.

yup. Common went with the subliminal jab. Drake went at him in Stay Schemin. Then Common essentially bodied him on the same beat.
Raptors_Dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 8,943

Post#91 » by Raptors_Dynasty » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:26 pm

vdfebduderocks wrote:
j4remi wrote:

yup. Common went with the subliminal jab. Drake went at him in Stay Schemin. Then Common essentially bodied him on the same beat.

Drake and Common are cool now.

Also I don't think Drake has beef with Jay, pretty sure it's just them having some fun with each other. Jay-Z is Drakes good friend and role model.

Although I agree Drake's head has gotten bigger I don't think he'd start beef with a close friend/role model like that.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#92 » by j4remi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Raptors_Dynasty wrote:Drake and Common are cool now.

Also I don't think Drake has beef with Jay, pretty sure it's just them having some fun with each other. Jay-Z is Drakes good friend and role model.

Although I agree Drake's head has gotten bigger I don't think he'd start beef with a close friend/role model like that.

I don't think Drake wants beef at all, but I'd like to see a response. He's been called out by name three times on tracks now from well known and successful rappers (Kendrick's can be discounted since it was friendly as can be). I think Drake was doing what he does though, he's the most passive aggressive rapper alive and Jay really hasn't let even the lightest taps get past him without a punch back (Fifty's tongue in cheek stuff got him killed in literally one bar when he first hit the scene with How to Rob). I think the only people I can recall off hand blatantly attacking Jay without getting hit back harder were the Lox when Jada was beefing with Beanie.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#93 » by Ugalde » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:49 pm

How do I embed from Soundcloud?
politics
to many 3s
Ugalde
Assistant Coach

Post#94 » by Ugalde » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Hey guys I just released my first mixtape. It's basically just a bunch of Remixes of songs I felt like flexing on. Any advice, or critiques would be more than welcomed. I am currently working on my own original mixtape. This one took about a week to write/record.
I know there are a million artists out there that are garbage. I promise I'm not one of them.

Bry - Off Season

https://soundcloud.com/bry-official/sets/off-season

EDIT: Also if I could figure out how to Embed I would. Not great with this internet stuff lol.
politics
to many 3s
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#95 » by Greenie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:02 am

Ugalde wrote:Hey guys I just released my first mixtape. It's basically just a bunch of Remixes of songs I felt like flexing on. Any advice, or critiques would be more than welcomed. I am currently working on my own original mixtape. This one took about a week to write/record.
I know there are a million artists out there that are garbage. I promise I'm not one of them.

Bry - Off Season

EDIT: Also if I could figure out how to Embed I would. Not great with this internet stuff lol.

you reppin the nets? :evil:
three2theD
Banned User
And1: 465

Post#96 » by three2theD » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:09 am

Who's the most underrated rapper of all time??

My answer: Busta Rhymes
Ugalde
Assistant Coach

Post#97 » by Ugalde » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:49 am

greenhughes wrote:
Ugalde wrote:Hey guys I just released my first mixtape. It's basically just a bunch of Remixes of songs I felt like flexing on. Any advice, or critiques would be more than welcomed. I am currently working on my own original mixtape. This one took about a week to write/record.

Bry - Off Season

you reppin the nets? :evil:

I like basketball. I watch a lot of both teams. I always watch Knicks first though. I just love the Knicks for personal reasons. Check out my mixtape though.
politics
to many 3s
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Post#98 » by SonOfMars » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:56 am

Jay Electronica is always getting overshadowed by another rapping throwing jabs at other rappers, first Control and now this :lol:
Props Turbo_Zone
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#99 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:59 am

j4remi wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

Drake's head got way too big since then. He had the "Macklemore shouldn't have only texted Kendrick about getting robbed" comment that came off like "What about me macklemore :cry: ", the Phillip Seymour Hoffman comment that he had to take back and then he essentially called Jay corny in Rolling Stone. Good to see him get slapped upside the head by his idol, Jay didn't hit him all that hard...but gave him a real nice warning shot. Maybe he'll stop running his mouth. (after typing this all, I recall a dumb comment about the Kendrick verse on Control too but don't remember it specifically).

BTW, I think the line was "I never cried when Pac died, but I prolly will when Jay does" or something.

Yea. The song is called Fear. Got a chance to look it up. For those who never heard this song, its actually a really good song. Drake was pretty good when he first came up, but i cant stand him anymore.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcQzATCJpBA[/youtube]

Funny how his best verse/song was on a Jay Z beat imo. Song is hard, and Wayne goes in too.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhx81aA_vaA[/youtube]
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#100 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:36 am

With that said, Lil Wayne used to be my favorite rapper pre Carter III. I cant stand him now either. The fame got to his head big time. The Carter 1 and 2 are right up there with my most played Albums. Although i liked 1 much more then 2, 2 was pretty good too. If you never heard the Carter 1, just listen to a few of these songs or the album. It really is a great album.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOnLX4ihlSg&list=PL3B51794B1D9D566D[/youtube]
This is the Carter y'all welcome, hard as Malcolm
Dark as The Falcon, Lord help him, but y'all felt him
And that make you a part of me and pardon me
If a part of me is what you wanna be what you oughta be
Doing, recording me, I'm just acting accordingly
I give orders to the commander in chief, just the commander in me
Handling streets in the Mandarin V
I hear you haters slandering me I just hand 'em to PAny drama I pace it like Indiana, I take your grandma pacemaker and just hand her the piece
Not two fingers I simultaneously pop two bangers
You do not want angus, USDA prime beef, you're dead meat
I'm so ahead of these trendy rappers speed up
I'm already hot when another one starting to heat up
Got Mannie hot with me cuz I always beat his beat up
Y'all cats wit y'all feet up starting to look like V'd up, I'm G'd up
On the reup up, in the truck I gotta put my seat up
In the trunk I got my bass and I ain't speaking about no speakers
Whats leaking up out of you're speakers is the speech of Weezy F. Baby
No more no less Baby, so forth and so on, (let's go)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TkWgSfs1jE&list=PL3B51794B1D9D566D[/youtube]
Murder capital only key to survive is kill
If the elements don't murder you the riders will for real
And **** know I go hard to the fullest
Get involved and I got em playing dodge-ball wit bullets
Yeah, I got the sawed off fully in the Sean John hoodie
Get **** you play pus-sy
Ha, we hit 'em up while they lookin'
And them body shots hurt
But the head shots took him
Damn, and if the red dot spot 'em then the hollow head got 'em
Knock his top to his bottom jack
Yeah, you see we grind from the bottom just to make it to the bottom