ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: iphone 5c or galaxy s4

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Re: OT: iphone 5c or galaxy s4 

Post#41 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:35 pm

Get the iPhone bubba
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
The_Special_One
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#42 » by The_Special_One » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:48 pm

I have an S3 currently and it's a superb device for my needs. But I'm looking at this new S5 and I'll most likely upgrade to it when I'm due.
The_Special_One
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#43 » by The_Special_One » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Btw, at this very moment HTC folks are introducing their brand new flagship the new One (M8).
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,932

Post#44 » by F N 11 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:15 pm

S4 without explanation
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
BALLINari
Junior
And1: 111

Post#45 » by BALLINari » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:32 pm

Galaxy S5

I'm a Mac guy for computers but for smartphones I like Android better
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#46 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:00 pm

lg g2 is better than both. g2 launched 5 months after s4 so its naturally better in all hardware aspects and some extras in software department.
g2>s4>5s
also i'm not comparing 5c.
if you want to compare 5c: nexus 5>moto g>iphone 5c
Since89
Bench Warmer
And1: 427

Post#47 » by Since89 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:08 pm

iphone 6
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#48 » by Fat » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:15 pm

Ive decided to hold onto my iphone 4s : ) lol
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#49 » by IMAN5 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:36 pm

I'm bias I go for apple products.
instagram.com/510movement
IMAN5
General Manager

Post#50 » by IMAN5 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Ive decided to hold onto my iphone 4s : ) lol

OT, the wrestler flexing in the gif sig of yours is also Vince right? I remember how big of a trip out that was how jacked he was. I know steroids were involved, but he still had to put in the work too.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#51 » by Fat » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:41 pm

IMAN5 wrote:

OT, the wrestler flexing in the gif sig of yours is also Vince right? I remember how big of a trip out that was how jacked he was. I know steroids were involved, but he still had to put in the work too.

I have no clue but i find it hilarious, the full gif is even better lol
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
IMAN5
General Manager

Post#52 » by IMAN5 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:

I have no clue but i find it hilarious, the full gif is even better lol

I just found the full gif, the dude flexing isn't Vince. Vince was roided out but not that roided out. The full gif is hilarious though.
Boik14
Pro Prospect
And1: 132

Post#53 » by Boik14 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:09 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:*first off no im not waiting for the galaxy 5 or next new iphone

(Currently have a iphone 4s) Ill be getting a new phone either this weekend or early next week and its between the iphone 5c or galaxy s4. I can admit im big on iphones i love em dearly like my grandmothers homemade pie with whip cream and a dap of chocolate syrup squeezed at the top. However! Ive been intrigued by the galaxy s4... But im afraid to leave apple because im so used to it and i know their products last for quite awhile.

Anyone care to share their thoughts? Somethings i take into consideration regarding the galaxy

-its a big phone how does it feel in the pocket
-any lag issues? I might experience overtime?
-which phone has the better keyboard (i text ALOT)
-which one of the phones have the better battery life
-which has the better call quality

Im still kind of leaning toward the iphone and Ive done research on both and bonded with both phones in the stores but id like to hear some stories on personal experiences before making the final decision

I like both but I use an S4. To me using an Ipad is no different then an Iphone so I felt having an iphone was a duplicate for me and it felt silly basically paying for the same thing twice. They both offer a lot of unique features but I like the bigger screen, the customization options available on the S4 and the SD card option. Also being able to talk and surf the internet is really nice which for some reason you cant do with Verizon Iphones unless on wifi.

The phone feels fine in my pocket, even with a Mophie case on it and car keys in the same pocket but Im also not wearing skinny jeans. Battery life on either device seems pretty average if youre on it much of the day, hence why I got the case I got. Have it over a year, no lag issues, no real issues with it at all. Occasionally it gets warm but most phones do with extended periods of heavy data (email,apps, streaming or text) usage. Turn it off for a minute and let it rest and its fine. Same thing happened when I had an Iphone 4 previously. Havent had an issue with call quality but also dont use the phone an extreme amount for calling, mostly email + text. Samsung keyboard has an option for Swype (which I personally hate) and the stock keyboard. Also have the option to download other keyboards from Google's app store.

To me the biggest negative of Android in general is that you need something to scan their apps for malware. Lookout (free version) has worked fine for me in that respect and its gotten a lot better then it was 4-5 years ago. Some of the bloatware (pre installed apps) get annoying but Id rather deal with that then be without the options I mentioned.

Also some of the things Samsung did with this device seem really futuristic and fun if youre in to gadgets. Smart scroll which moves the page with your eyes and Smart pause which pauses videos when you look away are convenient. Some of the camera features such as the ability to use both cameras at once and actually put yourself in the picture you just took are awesome. Apple still runs their Retina display which is great when youre blowing up images but Samsungs 13Mp camera is great too. It does have a bit of an off blue hue in the background on some pictures but its only noticeable if you really look for it. The air gestures are pretty cool too though I dont really have the patients to use them. Full use of NFC and S-Beam (Wifi-Direct) makes it easier to share movies then Airshare does for Apple. Additionally, the wifi chip in Iphones seems to go bad with more frequency which is a big deal if youre using wifi (which most people are nowadays since data plans are capped everywhere). Also if you own a Samsung Smart TV the S4 (or Note 3) interacts with your tv and gives you the ability to basically view whatever is on your phone on your TV which is nice. Can also use the phone as a remote I believe with Fios.

So yeah, as someone who wouldnt even use a Samsung device for about 5 years because of weak antennae, this device has few if any weaknesses in my opinion.
BAT 13 Picks - Lakers picks remaining: 323, 338

PG: Brandon Jennings/Tyus Jones
SG: Lance Stephenson/Evan Fournier
SF: Rudy Gay/Perry Jones
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Julius Randle/Kris Humphries
C: Chris Bosh/Josh McRoberts
TANKNATION
Analyst
And1: 11,049

Post#54 » by TANKNATION » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:11 pm

quick question:

does anyone else who have the s4 have problems with when speaking on the phone, its very quiet and cant really listen well to what the other person is saying? & if the phone is on vibrate, its also quiet and you cant hear the vibration?
:crazy:
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#55 » by DE FENSE » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Still a good thread because I have almost the same problem...

I'm going to a different provider now that my contract is over with Sprint and weighting my options. I don't want to drop a ton of money on the new Galaxy S5 and I don't like iOS, but I have a question for those of you who are very phone savvy. I noticed the new iPhones are VERY good at taking video with great sound even in extremely loud conditions, like concerts. My current Galaxy S2 destroys the audio if the sound is too loud. Does anyone know of an Android phone that can record clear sound with video in very loud conditions?
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#56 » by 720 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:24 pm

Galaxy s4 but i would take a look at the HTC one and Moto X. Both are very solid phones.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#57 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:30 pm

TANKNATION wrote:quick question:

does anyone else who have the s4 have problems with when speaking on the phone, its very quiet and cant really listen well to what the other person is saying? & if the phone is on vibrate, its also quiet and you cant hear the vibration?

when its on vibrate it means its in silence mode.
if you use any case or sth vibration could be quite respect to material of case and what surface its on.

when you're on phone call and cant hear the other person its probably your volume settings are on low.

android offer multi volume settings.
you can adjust volume levels of different tasks.

when you're at homescreen with + and - volume buttons you can adjust ring bell volume.
when you're listening music watching video, playing a game you can adjust music volume.
when you're using headphones, earbuds you can adjust music of that headphone of yours volume.
so if you want to increase other person you should click + volume button when you're on call.

if you know these and still have a problem with other person voice level. its probably from your cellular line.
att, t-mobile whatever. if its not getting good signal it could cause to not hear clearly what other person says.

sorry for my grammer, i'm not native english speaker nor live in a country speaking english.
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,911

Post#58 » by bape_lovers » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Note 3 is hand down better than both phones

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#59 » by BadNewsBarnes » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:36 pm

DE FENSE wrote:

Still a good thread because I have almost the same problem...

I'm going to a different provider now that my contract is over with Sprint and weighting my options. I don't want to drop a ton of money on the new Galaxy S5 and I don't like iOS, but I have a question for those of you who are very phone savvy. I noticed the new iPhones are VERY good at taking video with great sound even in extremely loud conditions, like concerts. My current Galaxy S2 destroys the audio if the sound is too loud. Does anyone know of an Android phone that can record clear sound with video in very loud conditions?

I had a Galaxy S2. Sort of liked the phone except for battery life. It was atrocious. Replace the battery twice...it still was only good for 12 hours on a good day. Just got a iPhone 5S 32GB because my wife wanted one. At least the battery lasts a day now.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
masood11
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#60 » by masood11 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:04 pm

The iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4 have been around for quite a while now... i select iphone always iphone because of its desing and operating system

Return to New York Knicks