ImageImageImageImageImage

Jackson told Players Personnel Changes Were Coming

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Knicksman780
Lead Assistant
And1: 899

Re: Jackson told Players Personnel Changes Were Coming 

Post#101 » by Knicksman780 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:59 pm

kane2021 wrote:I remember when the first rumor of a meeting broke. Said mills went to offer Phil the coaching job. And Phil was pissed Dolan didn't come.

I felt is was bs and that's what it turned out to be. It proves that any of these so called sources they use don't get the real scoop. And someone is making things up.

We know for a fact that Jackson and Dolan negotiated for months. Im positive they discussed everything. I doubt Jackson left a stone unturned. I do not believe these negative reports. I think its lies. The media caught wind through a player that Jackson is making moves. Now they are prying.
I really really hate when a beat writer claims to have a "source that's familiar to the teams way of thinking"... really? !? 99% of the people here are familiar with the Knicks way of thinking. Either have an inside source or just admit that your speculating. That being said, some sources do speculate and/or leak stuff on purpose to get a specific response or uproar. There's a lot of hidden media and tabloid games that go on behind the scenes.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#102 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:00 pm

kane2021 wrote:I remember when the first rumor of a meeting broke. Said mills went to offer Phil the coaching job. And Phil was pissed Dolan didn't come.

I felt is was bs and that's what it turned out to be. It proves that any of these so called sources they use don't get the real scoop. And someone is making things up.

We know for a fact that Jackson and Dolan negotiated for months. Im positive they discussed everything. I doubt Jackson left a stone unturned. I do not believe these negative reports. I think its lies. The media caught wind through a player that Jackson is making moves. Now they are prying.

:nod:

Ironically alot of the media material comes straight off this board.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#103 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Knicksman780 wrote:

I really really hate when a beat writer claims to have a "source that's familiar to the teams way of thinking"... really? !? 99% of the people here are familiar with the Knicks way of thinking. Either have an inside source or just admit that your speculating. That being said, some sources do speculate and/or leak stuff on purpose to get a specific response or uproar. There's a lot of hidden media and tabloid games that go on behind the scenes.

Thank you for confirming what has been suspected for ages. No wonder the Garden hates Isola.
#MKGA
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#104 » by GONYK » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

This is where I tend to fall as well. I trust what makes sense, not whoever is screaming the loudest.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#105 » by BallSacBounce » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:23 pm

GONYK wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:The Zen Master did not get into this to be told what to do. That's just a flat out no freaking way.

Does Dolan think at all of what a ****storm there would be if he Phil left because of Dolan's meddling?

Maybe this is the Master's gift to us, he's taking one for the team.

The way I see it, Phil is probably thinking "For $12M, I can meet with Woodson on Monday then fire him instead of firing him on Friday"

Hope so.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,659

Post#106 » by Im Coming Home » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:27 pm

You can already tell this organization has done a total 180 since Phil has been hired, everything is thought out, and has a purpose, I like that.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#107 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
ca1 wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
So hes been good 2 months out of .......

Dolan needs to just stfu.

The butt hurt is strong with this one.

so now your mad at a owner talking to his team that he owns...about how he wants/expects them to improve next year?
You would rather have him be like the owner of the 76ers to where he dosnt care if they win? lol

I want him to sell the team to somebody who isnt a fkn idiot. Dolan ran this franchise into the ground. Finally we have somebody in Jackson who can get us in the right direction. But that dont change all the BS we as fans had to put up with for the past decade plus. Dolan is and has been a terrible Owner.

Dolan has done some dumb stuff over the years, but you can't say the guy hasn't tried. Even though he's made some dumb choices, he's always spent the money needed and then some, so the hope now is that Phil will come in and spend his money the right way. I don't see any reason why the team we have now can't not only make the playoffs next year but also make some noise in the playoffs as well.
mrpoetryNmotion
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,118

Post#108 » by mrpoetryNmotion » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:33 pm

The Knicks never blatantly tank or go into the seasons with intentions of doing so. That isn't to say they don't end up with terrible to below average records from time to time...or more often than not (the difference between a directive from management as opposed to the players not giving a ****).

We shall see what Phil's immediate plan is for this season... and how well it works for this team, whoever is on it come October.
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,116

Post#109 » by E86 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:37 pm

Thugger about to have a TKF meltdown when he sees Herb on the bench next year :lol:
FemaleDogPlease
Veteran
And1: 1,473

Post#110 » by FemaleDogPlease » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:39 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Have to strongly disagree. He stuck with Felton even though he sucked beyond all possibility.
He stuck with the horrible switching, especially on 1/5 pick and rolls, as was pointed out, even though it was a complete failure.

He seems to me the epitomy of inflexible.

Felton sucks but was still the Knicks best PG. Knicks had terrible guard play early in the season.

The Knicks need to address their PG/SG situation this summer.
Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Post#111 » by Workforce250 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:40 pm

god shammgod wrote:i think there's something about herb that we probably just don't understand as spectators. he lasted here forever as assistant but before that he lasted as a player way past his usefulness. those 90's teams thought it was important to keep him on the bench even though he was done.

He that guy players don't get mad at. While they may get mad at Woodson. He's a chill dude and a decent big man coach. The work he's done with Aldrich has been outstanding.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:41 pm

E86 wrote:Thugger about to have a TKF meltdown when he sees Herb on the bench next year :lol:

Lol, but be honest, nobody can truly explain why the guy is here.

Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Post#113 » by Workforce250 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:45 pm

FemaleDogPlease wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Have to strongly disagree. He stuck with Felton even though he sucked beyond all possibility.
He stuck with the horrible switching, especially on 1/5 pick and rolls, as was pointed out, even though it was a complete failure.

Felton sucks but was still the Knicks best PG. Knicks had terrible guard play early in the season.

The PnR is the hardest play to defend. But I can tell you Chandler during the last Beal shot didn't even close him out on the baseline and let him take an uncontested shot. Last year Chandler was flying out and guarding shooters on the perimeter when he first got here. Chandler has been declining in my opinion. Aldrich was outplaying him by seasons end.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,464

Post#114 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Workforce250 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i think there's something about herb that we probably just don't understand as spectators. he lasted here forever as assistant but before that he lasted as a player way past his usefulness. those 90's teams thought it was important to keep him on the bench even though he was done.

He that guy players don't get mad at. While they may get mad at Woodson. He's a chill dude and a decent big man coach. The work he's done with Aldrich has been outstanding.

Did you ever see Aldrich play before he became a Knick?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#115 » by GONYK » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Workforce250 wrote:

I don't think Aldrich improved any on offense
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,116

Post#116 » by E86 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
E86 wrote:Thugger about to have a TKF meltdown when he sees Herb on the bench next year :lol:

Haha, I've been saying that for over a decade, man. I really hope Phil cleans house from top to bottom, but making some concessions to Dolan is inevitable.
Knicksman780
Lead Assistant
And1: 899

Post#117 » by Knicksman780 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Workforce250 wrote:
FemaleDogPlease wrote:

The PnR is the hardest play to defend. But I can tell you Chandler during the last Beal shot didn't even close him out on the baseline and let him take an uncontested shot. Last year Chandler was flying out and guarding shooters on the perimeter when he first got here. Chandler has been declining in my opinion. Aldrich was outplaying him by seasons end.
everybody saw that. That's why Tyson had been called or more than once this year. If he wasn't so dam sensitive he would see it as constructive criticism and not sulk and let it effect his game or point fingers or blame the scheme.

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#118 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:50 pm

E86 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

Haha, I've been saying that for over a decade, man. I really hope Phil cleans house from top to bottom, but making some concessions to Dolan is inevitable.

Just take Herb off the bench, if the cultural change is real no better place to start.

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,999

Post#119 » by god shammgod » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:52 pm

i don't really care either way actually......but......herb will stay and you will like it
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#120 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:56 pm

Knicksman780 wrote:everybody saw that. That's why Tyson had been called or more than once this year. If he wasn't so dam sensitive he would see it as constructive criticism and not sulk and let it effect his game or point fingers or blame the scheme.

Are players fed up with Chandler's bitchassness as much as the fans?
#MKGA

Return to New York Knicks