ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Ray Donovan Season 2 (July 13!) trailer

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: OT: Ray Donovan Season 2 (July 13!) trailer 

Post#21 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:48 pm

It's a little grating seeing a therapist in all mob/tough guy/shylock genre shows/movies. I mean, honey did you marry this tough guy for his sensitivity? You KNOW the business he's in and it's agreeing to offers he cannot refuse.

What makes Ray Donovan different from other shows, Liev has such a cool charm that can look into people's vulnerabilities and disarm them so he doesn't have to get tough every time.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,710

Post#22 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:11 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:It's a little grating seeing a therapist in all mob/tough guy/shylock genre shows/movies. I mean, honey did you marry this tough guy for his sensitivity? You KNOW the business he's in and it's agreeing to offers he cannot refuse.

What makes Ray Donovan different from other shows, Liev has such a cool charm that can look into people's vulnerabilities and disarm them so he doesn't have to get tough every time.

Yeah, I FF through those scenes and the family scenes when I re-watch old Sopranos episodes. Let's get to the gratuitous sex and people getting whacked.

That's what I like about Banshee. No therapists and minimal family scenes.
Free Palestine
Lees
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#23 » by Lees » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:52 am

I really enjoyed episode 2. What do you think is going to happen with Ezra? He going to go off the rails and use someone else to get his money? Can see him causing problems for Ray this season more than anything else.

Oh, and Mickey's life lessons to Connor continue to make me laugh. Pure gold.

Roll on episode 3 tonight!
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#24 » by jwise44 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:00 pm

ITGM wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:My second favorite show as of right now. Can't wait for the new season. It's a f^cking wasteland right now. Almost nothing worth watching.

I like power but it isn't on the level of ray Donovan to me...ray is top 3 now and since boardwalk is ending, next year it will be top 2

Last episode of power was easily the best of the season so far...finale is gonna be crazy

Ray Donovan, to me at least, has not had a bad episode so far. I love how they're beating mick down, but you know something is going to happen on that front also with the FBI director I just can't wait to see how ray eventually gets him.
Lees
Sophomore

Post#25 » by Lees » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:12 am

jwise44 wrote:
ITGM wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:My second favorite show as of right now. Can't wait for the new season. It's a f^cking wasteland right now. Almost nothing worth watching.

I like power but it isn't on the level of ray Donovan to me...ray is top 3 now and since boardwalk is ending, next year it will be top 2

Last episode of power was easily the best of the season so far...finale is gonna be crazy

Ray Donovan, to me at least, has not had a bad episode so far. I love how they're beating mick down, but you know something is going to happen on that front also with the FBI director I just can't wait to see how ray eventually gets him.

I loved episode 3 of Ray Donovan. The way that Ray and the reporter were obviously trying to out-drink the other in order to get info was great. You can tell that both were obviously thinking 'I'm watching you'.

Couldn't help but feel suspicious of Claudette when she was asking Micky all of the questions at dinner too...
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,986

Post#26 » by ITGM » Thu Aug 7, 2014 3:21 pm

I started watching Ray Donovan shortly after I read this thread; all I have to say is.....

DAMN I'M HOOKED!!!

I should be good to go until Boardwalk Empire now.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by jwise44 » Thu Aug 7, 2014 7:42 pm

Didn't realize until I rewatched last episode that the therapist is data from Star Trek haha
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#28 » by Smash3 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 2:31 am

This season has been very good so far.
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#29 » by Ignitowsky » Fri Aug 8, 2014 3:28 pm

Smash3 wrote:This season has been very good so far.

It's still good, but I don't think it feels as focused as last season. Mickey has almost become a cartoon character, and I'd like to see more of the show centered around all of the sons rather than Ray's wife and kids. Still a good watch though.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#30 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 8, 2014 4:14 pm

Ignitowsky wrote:

It's still good, but I don't think it feels as focused as last season. Mickey has almost become a cartoon character, and I'd like to see more of the show centered around all of the sons rather than Ray's wife and kids. Still a good watch though.

I'm hoping they'll just "divorce her" out of the show. But it looks like she might be ready to have an affair with the police detective she met at the shooting range (who I believe is the same actor who played the crazy FBI in Boardwalk Empire last season). Maybe Ray will kill them both? :D
Free Palestine
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#31 » by jwise44 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:08 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:

I'm hoping they'll just "divorce her" out of the show. But it looks like she might be ready to have an affair with the police detective she met at the shooting range (who I believe is the same actor who played the crazy FBI in Boardwalk Empire last season). Maybe Ray will kill them both? :D

It is the same guy brian geraghty I like that actor

I want the wife gone, too. I also want more of the brothers.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#32 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:32 am

jwise44 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:It's still good, but I don't think it feels as focused as last season. Mickey has almost become a cartoon character, and I'd like to see more of the show centered around all of the sons rather than Ray's wife and kids. Still a good watch though.

It is the same guy brian geraghty I like that actor

I want the wife gone, too. I also want more of the brothers.

Yeah, Geraghty is excellent. And we got none of the brothers tonight.
Free Palestine
Lees
Sophomore

Post#33 » by Lees » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:53 am

What did we all think of the latest episode. For me, it felt very much like the end of a season, but of course...

Spoiler:
the journalist hasn't listened to whatever is on that tape Mick gave to her.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#34 » by jwise44 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:23 am

Just started but I'm so glad his brothers are in this episode

Bunchy getting laid finally

Again just started this episode so no one tell me if that goes south
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#35 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:18 am

Still haven't seen tonight's episode but to comment on the previous weekend...

I don't know LA and its suburbs well enough to know the difference between one filthy rich neighborhood over another. I DO know, those women messing with Ray's wife seem extremely unrealistic. NO ONE would mess with a mob guy's wife.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#36 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:02 am

I like this show, never LOVED it. However the previews for next week look AMAZING.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#37 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:50 am

Last week's show was a little weak IMO. But this week's show I liked. I thought some great writing and scene twists. Looking forward to next week.

Man, Ray lives a complicated life.

Ray's favorite line: "No you're naht (not)."
Free Palestine
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#38 » by DrCoach » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:33 pm

ITGM wrote:

Finished the first season, I enjoyed it!
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#39 » by jwise44 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Ya know another show I loved the first season I'm pretty sure is on the same channel as ray Donovan...black sails

Did anyone watch that? The guy that was on shameless is a badass on that show as Charles vane
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#40 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:50 pm

jwise44 wrote:Ya know another show I loved the first season I'm pretty sure is on the same channel as ray Donovan...black sails

Did anyone watch that? The guy that was on shameless is a badass on that show as Charles vane

Never even heard of it. When's it on?
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks