ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks open to trading Shump, JR, Larkin per ESPN

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Re: Knicks open to trading Shump, JR, Larkin per ESPN 

Post#281 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Abe_505 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Abe_505 wrote:
Nah he started to hate Melo when we ganged up on him and pushed him into a corner. He grew to hate Melo to spite us.

false. it was always about gallo. i'm not arguing about him though. it's long done.

No. Gallinari was part of it but it wasn't the only reason.

Like Ivory Soap...it was 99.44% about Gallinari. If it wasn't mostly all about Gallinari he wouldn't be an out ball outcast trudging in the Nuggets Board involved in only Gallinari discussions who he defends tooth and nail. Honestly it was one of oddest transformations I've ever seen.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,492

Post#282 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Scapegoating is a cop-out and it is a human tendency, sure.

But crying scapegoating can be a cop-out too.

I ask again, was it scapegoating to find fault with Felton and Tyson too? Most Knicks fans thought Felton was a big part of the problem last year. Was that scapegoating?

At what point does scapegoating become a diagnosis. (Does the doctor scapegoat cancerous cells when he prescribes chemotherapy treatment?)
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#283 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:32 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Scapegoating is a cop-out and it is a human tendency, sure.

But crying scapegoating can be a cop-out too.

I ask again, was it scapegoating to find fault with Felton and Tyson too? Most Knicks fans thought Felton was a big part of the problem last year. Was that scapegoating?

At what point does scapegoating become a diagnosis. (Does the doctor scapegoat cancerous cells when he prescribes chemotherapy treatment?)

At the point where the team is still bad AFTER the player is gone? Historically Knick fans are notorious for that. We did it all through the past decade with how many dozens of players? And after every exile we still stunk. But the point of scapegoating which goes hand in hand with both the lynch mob mentality and the "grass is greener, the other teams players are better" is that it's thinking with the heart instead of the mind. And romantic as that might sound, it's not what it's for. The venom spewing, the over reaction, the irrational thinking, the angst...all of that happens when the brain gives up its job to something else.

Yes...I'm a cyborg.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,464

Post#284 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:35 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Abe_505 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
false. it was always about gallo. i'm not arguing about him though. it's long done.

Like Ivory Soap...it was 99.44% about Gallinari. If it wasn't mostly all about Gallinari he wouldn't be an out ball outcast trudging in the Nuggets Board involved in only Gallinari discussions who he defends tooth and nail. Honestly it was one of oddest transformations I've ever seen.

If it was 99.44% about Gallinari it would've been 99.44% about Gallinari in the beginning and it wasn't.

And it was a transformation that happened because we shoved Melo down his throat and disparaged Gallinari and his opinion every chance we got. This place is full of guys that can be real big dicks (for lack of a better word) when they want to.. me and you both included.

He like many other before and many other after was forced to pick a side because the argument got personal on every possible occasion and when the argument gets personal you always pick a side and you stick by it until hell freezes over.

I've had conversations with the guy that didn't take place on here and in my opinion it wasn't about Melo Vs. Gallinari it was about TKF Vs. the forum.. and ironically not too far after I would find myself in the same predicament. A predicament where the angry mob gets to write the narrative on what one singled out person thinks without having the luxury to be in the actual mind of that one person the angry mob chooses to go after at any given time.
JSmooth93
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#285 » by JSmooth93 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:29 am

Abe is the antagonist we want.
TKF is the antagonist we deserve.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,079

Post#286 » by stuporman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:42 am

Now there is a TKF apologist movement trying to make him some martyr?

The guy would direct every thread down the same demented argument any chance he could.

There was no escaping his non stop drone of Melohate and because as a mod, you couldn't block his insufferable whining.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#287 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:17 am

Abe_505 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Abe_505 wrote:

If it was 99.44% about Gallinari it would've been 99.44% about Gallinari in the beginning and it wasn't.

And it was a transformation that happened because we shoved Melo down his throat and disparaged Gallinari and his opinion every chance we got. This place is full of guys that can be real big dicks (for lack of a better word) when they want to.. me and you both included.

He like many other before and many other after was forced to pick a side because the argument got personal on every possible occasion and when the argument gets personal you always pick a side and you stick by it until hell freezes over.

I've had conversations with the guy that didn't take place on here and in my opinion it wasn't about Melo Vs. Gallinari it was about TKF Vs. the forum.. and ironically not too far after I would find myself in the same predicament. A predicament where the angry mob gets to write the narrative on what one singled out person thinks without having the luxury to be in the actual mind of that one person the angry mob chooses to go after at any given time.

This is the last and only thing I will say on TKF.

I was an even bigger Gallo fan than he was. I loved the guy and was at the forefront of the Gallo vs Wilson debates. I was also one of the loudest posters against trading for Melo, especially at the price we eventually paid for him. I never thought Melo and Amare were a good fit together even when Amare was in the middle of his great first season here.

But you know what I got over all of it. I'm still iffy about Melo, but he's here and I have to deal with it because I love the Knicks. Sports are an escape. If a fan tortures themselves and becomes miserable just following a team then they have crossed up priorities.

Go to UltimateKnicks.com to see TKF and DK still being as annoying and self loathing as ever. TKF still using way too many ellipses and DK still talking about a "zero sum player" :lol:. I read there once in a while and they hijack every thread with their sh*t. The whole board wants them gone (I dont know why they havent been axed yet) and the posters always reference how they got banned from here. Nobody likes them. They are simply past the point of being defended and need to be put out of their misery.

TKF was the face of the Knicks board for the first 7 years I was here. Right there with Moocow and a few others. He was my boy but has fallen completely off his rocker and hasnt recovered. The Knicks have seriously f*cked him up. Please don't try to make him, or yourself, out to be some martyr. There's a huge difference between just having a different opinion and being a menstruating ass.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#288 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:02 pm

JSmooth93 wrote:Abe is the antagonist we want.

Abe is Che Guevara
TKF is Fidel Castro
mrtease
Sophomore
And1: 220

Post#289 » by mrtease » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:32 pm

stuporman wrote:Now there is a TKF apologist movement trying to make him some martyr?

The guy would direct every thread down the same demented argument any chance he could.

There was no escaping his non stop drone of Melohate and because as a mod, you couldn't block his insufferable whining.

He has been continuing to do this in every thread, every day over on another knicks forum for the past 3 years- it is like a torture that will not stop
mrtease
Sophomore
And1: 220

Post#290 » by mrtease » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:37 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
Abe_505 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

This is the last and only thing I will say on TKF.

I was an even bigger Gallo fan than he was. I loved the guy and was at the forefront of the Gallo vs Wilson debates. I was also one of the loudest posters against trading for Melo, especially at the price we eventually paid for him. I never thought Melo and Amare were a good fit together even when Amare was in the middle of his great first season here.

But you know what I got over all of it. I'm still iffy about Melo, but he's here and I have to deal with it because I love the Knicks. Sports are an escape. If a fan tortures themselves and becomes miserable just following a team then they have crossed up priorities.

Go to UltimateKnicks.com to see TKF and DK still being as annoying and self loathing as ever. TKF still using way too many ellipses and DK still talking about a "zero sum player" :lol:. I read there once in a while and they hijack every thread with their sh*t. The whole board wants them gone (I dont know why they havent been axed yet) and the posters always reference how they got banned from here. Nobody likes them. They are simply past the point of being defended and need to be put out of their misery.

TKF was the face of the Knicks board for the first 7 years I was here. Right there with Moocow and a few others. He was my boy but has fallen completely off his rocker and hasnt recovered. The Knicks have seriously f*cked him up. Please don't try to make him, or yourself, out to be some martyr. There's a huge difference between just having a different opinion and being a menstruating ass.

TKF's fall from grace was spectacular- used to really enjoy his keys to the game. At the end of the day its just basketball- make you're point and move on! But they don't- they make exactly the same 'argument' every day- basically they hate Melo. It's an unhealthy level of hate and obsession, bordering on the creepy.

And if you can't move on at least make it funny- they're so humorless about it!
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#291 » by j4remi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Guys, TKF discussion is really not relevant to the thread. Let's get back on topic please.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#292 » by frogfood » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:59 pm

moocow007 wrote:

Abe is Che Guevara
TKF is Fidel Castro

TheGarden is W. Bush
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,136

Post#293 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:No matter how you feel about JR, I really cant believe someone actually believes the hate for him ISNT basketball related.

Your definition of "basketball related" may be different from what I was thinking but my venom towards JR this past year was almost entirely fueled by "non-basketball" reasons. I didn't like how his behavior was empowered and enabled by the organization. Following up his clown performance in the playoffs with a big contract and signing his damn brother. Though the org doing this wasn't entirely his fault, that series of moves really set a tone of discord and unprofessionalism throughout the team last season.

I'm less concerned about JR's influence this season as with PMFJ in charge he has lost the power. His antics are his own problem and I expect that he will be held accountable for them. He may even be used as a counter-example to the culture they are trying to cultivate if he strays to far.

Right now - I just don't see him as a long term piece for the team. Maybe he proves us wrong but PMFJ's teams have always targeted high intelligence players. Guys who are committed to making the right plays. I don't think JR gets there. With that in mind, my money would see him shipped sometime over the course of this year. The problems now are basketball related.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,136

Post#294 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:38 pm

On top of everything we've seen through actions and the media, Underwear just told us that many GMs around the league view JR's unprofessional behavior as a huge detriment to acquiring him. That it has hurt his market. Underwear doesn't get everything right but he clearly has contact with the team and an understanding of player dynamics there. It's not like "fans" just pull this out of nowhere. Professionalism matters. A lot of businesses of all sorts view "culture" this way - that professionalism is something that must permeate all levels of the employee ranks. You may pass on a highly talented individual that causes disruption on company culture.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#295 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:10 pm

I know he's not a reliable source but incarcerated bob is saying that jr is on his way out
frogfood
Suspended

Post#296 » by frogfood » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:I know he's not a reliable source but incarcerated bob is saying that jr is on his way out

For once, let Bob be right
suicidedeuce
And1: 0

Post#297 » by suicidedeuce » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:47 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:I know he's not a reliable source but incarcerated bob is saying that jr is on his way out

If he's not a reliable source, why does it matter what he says?

You're putting some weight on this tweet to cite it here.

How come?
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#298 » by Fat Kat » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Incarcerated Boob had Melo going to Chicago. If he spews enough crap, he might get something right.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
frogfood
Suspended

Post#299 » by frogfood » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:56 pm

RACHELLLL!!!!!!!!!
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#300 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:01 pm

suicidedeuce wrote:

If he's not a reliable source, why does it matter what he says?

You're putting some weight on this tweet to cite it here.

How come?

Because he's not the only one saying JR is being shopped

Return to New York Knicks