ImageImageImageImageImage

Howdy Fellas...SLow time so - info on guards

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Re: Howdy Fellas...SLow time so - info on guards 

Post#41 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Prigioni for a 1st round pick in 2016?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,040

Post#42 » by god shammgod » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 pm

i know he's not part of the future but i really like pablo. he'll be missed.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#43 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Trade Pablo to the Spurs for a future pick and sign Delonte West.

Wut?
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#44 » by Boarder Patrol » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Pablo shouldn't be a candidate to 'dump' to clear a roster spot. He was easily our best PG last year, is a 46% shooter from 3, is a good passer, plays decent defense, and is a good veteran presence in the locker room. People don't seem to love him since he doesn't put up numbaz. He makes his teammates better and that's something we need.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#45 » by IMAN5 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:40 pm

pablo in a spurs uniform would be perfect. we should do it so he can retire with a good team and his friends.
instagram.com/510movement
JSmooth93
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#46 » by JSmooth93 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:41 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:I just want Iman to defend like his rookie season and hit close to 40% from three.

Basically 2013 playoffs Shump.

He grabbed SIX rebounds per game, shot 43% from deep on 3.5 three's per game. And he had a crazy 97 defensive rating compared to Paul George's 103 that same playoffs.(Granted Paul George was matched up with Melo and he couldn't stop him)

That's only scratching his potential because he just came off the ACL injury that February. Phil sees something there.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#47 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Bklyn&company wrote:
The Boss Speaks wrote:Forget the guards because either way we're set. What about the backup SF spot? A guy like Chris Singleton may be worth a look.
Early is better, plus JR and Shump can play a little SF also... Thats why this "open a roster spot and log jam" Theory is stupid nonsense made up chit from the media...trying to reading what PmfJ said about balancing the roster. Our problem is we have no clear cut starting PF's or Center's....

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using RealGM Forums mobile app

Well I know one of the comments that Phil made about balancing the roster was getting a true small forward to back Melo up cause he said about Early was that he's green.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,331

Post#48 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Trade JR and there's plenty of room for Pablo as the 5th Guard here
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#49 » by siar617 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:33 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Bklyn&company wrote:
The Boss Speaks wrote:Forget the guards because either way we're set. What about the backup SF spot? A guy like Chris Singleton may be worth a look.
Early is better, plus JR and Shump can play a little SF also... Thats why this "open a roster spot and log jam" Theory is stupid nonsense made up chit from the media...trying to reading what PmfJ said about balancing the roster. Our problem is we have no clear cut starting PF's or Center's....

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using RealGM Forums mobile app

Well I know one of the comments that Phil made about balancing the roster was getting a true small forward to back Melo up cause he said about Early was that he's green.

Pablo and Ellington for Derrick Williams or Dorrel Wright then sign Murry
See if Dalembert can be moved in these deal as both teams are in need of bigs and add A Randlph

Smith/Bargniani/Aldrich
Amare/Randolph/Tyler
Anthony/Wright or Williams/Early
Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway
Calderon/Larkin/Murry

Keep Martin Brown and MWP on speed dial
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#50 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Brown, Tyler, Jr, and Ellington are the odd men out. Jr is the only one most likely to still be here come the first game. I think/hope Tyler gets cut for K-mart. Pablo should be kept because he's easily the smartest player on our team.
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,166

Post#51 » by TrueWarrior » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:Brown, Tyler, Jr, and Ellington are the odd men out. Jr is the only one most likely to still be here come the first game. I think/hope Tyler gets cut for K-mart. Pablo should be kept because he's easily the smartest player on our team.

I'm down on Tyler a bit myself, but I would not cut him for a held together by screws 37 year old Kmart. Unless we trade a few of our bigs then there's no room for him anyway, so we may as well keep a young guy like Tyler to develop. This team isnt winning anything this year and Kmart could prob be had mid season if we really want because no one will sign him. Unless somebody actually worth our while and fills a need (say Marion gets hypnotized by Phil) becomes available then Ellington should be cut first also. Tyler still has some upside.

We need to make this a developmental season while we wait for a lot of these dudes to expire. Try to win but it's all about 2015 and beyond.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,341

Post#52 » by Scalabrine » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:12 am

The Boss Speaks wrote:
ctorres wrote:What I think Phil sees...

Andrea Bargnani -> Luc Longley, Toni Kukoc, Robert Horry, Pau Gasol
Iman Shumpert -> Ron Harper, Lindsey Hunter
Shane Larkin -> BJ Armstrong, Jordan Farmar
Thanasis Antetokounmpo -> Devean George, Sasha Vujacic, Trevor Ariza
Tim Hardaway Jr -> John Paxson, Steve Kerr

If Pablo gets traded, it better be to the Spurs or somewhere Pablo would be happy to play. Pablo has too much class to deserve anything less. He barely makes more than minimum salary. Don't disrespect him and his family.

Well tbh, Pablo should be the odd man out!

He doesn't do it for me on O' (doesn't drive or looks to shoot) and keep in mind that this is a business; if they can trade my main man Ewing/Clyde, they can do it to anybody else. Period! :wink:

Well Pablo fits the selfless, smart, systematic type player that our team needs. Hes still a pesky defender, hes great at keeping the ball moving and hes money when hes open. For a point guard in the Triangle you dont want a guy thats looking to score all the time, you want a guy that will keep the ball moving, pick his spots, and bring the ball up the court. In the triangle, for the most part, the guy that brings the ball up the court is usually the last option so I think Pablo is a great fit for us...
Go Knicks!
JSmooth93
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#53 » by JSmooth93 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:17 am

If we hard to part with our Argentinian Prince, the only team I would be happy to see him go to would be San Antonio.
When he came to the Knicks, Manu helped him to adjust.
Would be fitting for the two Argentinian Gods of basketball to end their careers together.

Return to New York Knicks