ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Batman vs Superman Teaser footage pics

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Re: OT- Batman vs Superman Teaser footage pics 

Post#181 » by CoolKids » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:23 pm

I have never enjoyed any superman movie. He is just a completely lame and uninteresting hero to me. Oh your super power is everything and you are invincible? Cool bro.
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#182 » by frogfood » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:32 pm

CoolKids wrote:I have never enjoyed any superman movie. He is just a completely lame and uninteresting hero to me. Oh your super power is everything and you are invincible? Cool bro.

You forgot shoot ImageLASERSImage from his eyes
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#183 » by kane » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:31 pm

frogfood wrote:
CoolKids wrote:I have never enjoyed any superman movie. He is just a completely lame and uninteresting hero to me. Oh your super power is everything and you are invincible? Cool bro.

You forgot shoot ImageLASERSImage from his eyes

superman was the first superhero and is very bland by today's standards, the original version couldn't even fly and hes undergone many changes over the years (nerfing his power but also reducing his vulnerability to kryptonite) some of his best storys are when he fights brainiac or doomsday but WB is to scared to go out on a limb like that and keep playing it safe with zod or lex ...

some of the best stuff outside of the comics has been based on alternate universe's superman like in flash point he was captured by the government as a baby and locked away, that would blow peoples minds in a movie but god forbid WB try something new. the only reason we got the dark knight trilogy was because nolan had alot of pull and talent
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#184 » by frogfood » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:46 pm

But is the MCU really doing anything out of the box? They are as formulaic as can be, with Feige controlling everything. DC's put the ball in the director's court, for better or worse.
kane
Head Coach

Post#185 » by kane » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:22 pm

frogfood wrote:But is the MCU really doing anything out of the box? They are as formulaic as can be, with Feige controlling everything. DC's put the ball in the director's court, for better or worse.

right now marvel is on the treadmill just pumping out sequels, last year they had a major tie in with TWS and AGENTS this year they mentioned the twins (quicksilver and scarlet witch) in the last episode and that was it.... :lol: they also had a surprise hit with guardians

the reviews for avengers 2 are mixed and honestly i have zero interest in ant-man, marvel did an amazing job setting up the MCU but were not going to have any major payoff till infinity gauntlet and when spiderman comes in for civil war, daredevil might be the only thing keeping me from saying this year was a disappointment for marvel
kfig5
Bench Warmer
And1: 67

Post#186 » by kfig5 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:32 pm

Not gonna lie, Affleck looks awesome in this pic.

CoolKids
RealGM

Post#187 » by CoolKids » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:39 pm

Kevin Conroy is and always will be the only real batman
And100
Banned User
And1: 779

Post#188 » by And100 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:17 pm

kane wrote:
frogfood wrote:But is the MCU really doing anything out of the box? They are as formulaic as can be, with Feige controlling everything. DC's put the ball in the director's court, for better or worse.

right now marvel is on the treadmill just pumping out sequels, last year they had a major tie in with TWS and AGENTS this year they mentioned the twins (quicksilver and scarlet witch) in the last episode and that was it.... :lol: they also had a surprise hit with guardians

the reviews for avengers 2 are mixed and honestly i have zero interest in ant-man, marvel did an amazing job setting up the MCU but were not going to have any major payoff till infinity gauntlet and when spiderman comes in for civil war, daredevil might be the only thing keeping me from saying this year was a disappointment for marvel

The year was a disappointment based on two movies you haven't seen yet..?

Why not wait until you're actually disappointed until you get disappointed?
And100
Banned User

Post#189 » by And100 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:18 pm

CoolKids wrote:Kevin Conroy is and always will be the only real batman

Yes, should have never, ever, ever made any live actions movies for this reason.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#190 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Don't understand some of the posts in this thread.
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#191 » by BloodyQ » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:18 pm

Name some Superheroes better than Superman then.
CoolKids
RealGM

Post#192 » by CoolKids » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:35 pm

BloodyQ wrote:

Name some Superheroes better than Superman then.

Literally every super hero ever created is better then Superman
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#193 » by BloodyQ » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:36 pm

then name some
kane
Head Coach

Post#194 » by kane » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:39 pm

And100 wrote:
kane wrote:

All the reviews for avengers 2 say pretty much the same thing, I'm still going to see it tomorrow but my expectations are low and the avengers were soposta be the tentpole for the MCU not just another churnedout sequel witch is disappointing and no I don't have to see it to know that

Ant-man ugh.. From Edgar Wright leaving to the two terrible trailers (Michael Douglas Liberace vibe eek) to the cast ... Starting Paul Rudd and the guy from house of cards really? Based on a property no one cares about...if this is a good movie I'd be way way way more Shocked then people were about GoTG and they really do have a magic though
And100
Banned User

Post#195 » by And100 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:47 pm

kane wrote:
And100 wrote:
kane wrote:

All the reviews for avengers 2 say pretty much the same thing, I'm still going to see it tomorrow but my expectations are low and the avengers were soposta be the tentpole for the MCU not just another churnedout sequel witch is disappointing and no I don't have to see it to know that

So you let other people make your decisions?

Ant-man ugh.. From Edgar Wright leaving to the two terrible trailers (Michael Douglas Liberace vibe eek) to the cast ... Starting Paul Rudd and the guy from house of cards really? Based on a property no one cares about...if this is a good movie I'd be way way way more blown away then GOTG being great

I don't get people who say "I'm not interested in this character or concept". I can see movies of every possible genres. It's all about the execution, the storytelling.

Scott Pilgirm was awesome. Was it because a guy with girl problems in a band is such a compelling character or premise, or was it based on execution?

People's need to prejudge things, to go into something with firm expectations and to measure everything against them is just so self-defeating.

Why not be open an experience, good or bad.

No harm is done either way.
kane
Head Coach

Post#196 » by kane » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:54 pm

And100 wrote:
kane wrote:
And100 wrote:

Ant-man ugh.. From Edgar Wright leaving to the two terrible trailers (Michael Douglas Liberace vibe eek) to the cast ... Starting Paul Rudd and the guy from house of cards really? Based on a property no one cares about...if this is a good movie I'd be way way way more blown away then GOTG being great

I don't get people who say "I'm not interested in this character or concept". I can see movies of every possible genres. It's all about the execution, the storytelling.

Scott Pilgirm was awesome. Was it because a guy with girl problems in a band is such a compelling character or premise, or was it based on execution?

People's need to prejudge things, to go into something with firm expectations and to measure everything against them is just so self-defeating.

How am I letting anyone else make my decisions? I'm going to see the movie lmao.....

And yes I can prejudge things based on trailers and cast otherwise you'd go and see every movie released, it's what saved me from going to see green lantern in the theater :lol:
denimourson
Rookie
And1: 615

Post#197 » by denimourson » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:00 pm

Yes, does MCU have a formula. But they have also went out of the box with GotG(Gaurdians of the Galaxy) a completely unknown property of a misfit team of a racoon,alien, hotshot, and a tree.

Brady to LBJ: Psst...hey, man you want these deflated basketballs?
And100
Banned User

Post#198 » by And100 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:07 pm

kane wrote:
And100 wrote:
kane wrote:

How am I letting anyone else make my decisions? I'm going to see the movie lmao.....

You already said you're disappointed in Age of Ultron and you haven't seen it? Why, because you're following the pack...I'm not making this up, YOU said that.

Not ENOUGH people liked it enough, so you know you won't either.

And yes I can prejudge things based on trailers and cast otherwise you'd go and see every movie released, it's what saved me from going to see green lantern in the theater :lol:

I can only imagine how tragic it would have been if you had.
denimourson
Rookie
And1: 615

Post#199 » by denimourson » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:17 pm

I like it when Superman is treated like Jesus instead of being a good old American boy from the Midwest.

Brady to LBJ: Psst...hey, man you want these deflated basketballs?
kane
Head Coach

Post#200 » by kane » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:44 pm

You already said you're disappointed in Age of Ultron and you haven't seen it? Why, because you're following the pack...I'm not making this up, YOU said that.

Not ENOUGH people liked it enough, so you know you won't either.

please point out to me where i said i wouldn't like the movie....

i said i was DISAPPOINTED that marvel is not using it as a event like the first one, they are not building up to it at all hell TWS had more of a lead up with AGENTS of shield

its disappointing this isn't a tent-pole event its just another sequel... the last movie and GoTG were building up to thanos and the infinity gauntlet not ultron, witch to me is DISAPPOINTING and is just killing time till the main event

it could be a great movie that's not my point AT ALL, i want the MCU to flow and connect and these to movies are backwards and disjointed

now if they would of done it the other way around and had ant-man first with the original story with Hank Pym making ultron and then they call in the avengers that would of at least made sense, but ant-man has almost the feel of a stand alone movie at this point almost like even marvel is backing away from it and can cut it loose if it bombs

both movies go away from the whole MCU is building and to me that is what is disappointing

Return to New York Knicks