ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Kevin Love to Cavs now official!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,028

Re: OT: Kevin Love to Cavs now official! 

Post#21 » by god shammgod » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:05 pm

who knew there were actually cavs fans on this site ? what's next, a memphis grizzlies fan ?
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,974

Post#22 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:14 pm

cavs4life03 wrote:Some of y'all hating hard lol but can't wait to play y'all is gonna br fun

Sent from my SPH-L710 using RealGM Forums mobile app

cavs, yankees, eagles?

STFU/GTFO
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,514

Post#23 » by KnicksGod » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:27 pm

cavs4life(except2010-2014)
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#24 » by Greenie » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:42 pm

emo wrote:
knicks85 wrote:K Love so overrated....David Lee with a 3pter...

More like David Lee is that underrated.

Kevin Love is that dude.

:-?
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#25 » by GettinitDone » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:15 am

I got a feeling that Lavine may turn out to be more ready in this rookie year than Wiggins. Lavine reminds me so much of T-Mac, esp when he gets that long pull up off shake and bake going. He unleashed it at will in summer league, I guess it will be one of his primary weapons once he develops his jumper fully, aside of attacking rim of course which he also does it at will.

Lavine will be better offensively than Wiggins in their rookie years, but Wiggins' ability to defend should give him plenty of playing time too.
three2theD
Banned User
And1: 465

Post#26 » by three2theD » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:29 am

ctorres wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234695/Cavaliers-Acquire-Kevin-Love-Send-Andrew-Wiggins-Anthony-Bennett-To-Timberwolves-In-Three-Team-Deal

The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired forward Kevin Love in a three-team trade that sends guard Andrew Wiggins and forward Anthony Bennett to the Minnesota Timberwolves and a projected 2015 first round pick (via Miami) to the Philadelphia 76ers.

As part of the three-team trade, Minnesota will also acquire forward Thaddeus Young from the 76ers, while Philadelphia receives forward Luc Mbah a Moute and guard Alexey Shved from the Timberwolves.

“Kevin joining the Cavaliers represents a very special and unique opportunity for our team. At only 25, Kevin has already firmly established himself as one the NBA’s elite players and his talent, versatility and fit are major parts of our team’s vision for success," David Griffin said in a statement. “We want to also wish Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett the best as they will continue the start of their careers in Minnesota. They are both outstanding young men that have great potential on the court and long, very successful careers ahead of them.”

Big three of Kyrie Irving, Lebron James, Kevin Love
Young studs in Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson
Quality veterans in Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, Anderson Varejao

Cavs are scary.

I'm liking how the Twolves came out of this though. A starting lineup of Ricky Rubio, Kevin Martin, Andrew Wiggins, Thaddeus Young, and Nikola Pekovic should be very fun to watch.

I agree with you that that cavs team is official, however I think that Minny team is hot trash.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#27 » by dakomish23 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:29 am

Do to think you'd say that if he was on our team. Dude is a legit stud. Offensively he might be top 3 in the league. But defensively....

And that's why I don't think it makes the East an open and shut case for the Cavs. Chicago will be good with Gasol and some depth. Washington could take steps forward simply by profession of their backcourt. Doesn't hurt to add Pierce and Hump. And I don't think Miami fades into oblivion.

I think we'll be in the mix after Pjax makes his next set of trades. August 25th we can move the Dallas acquisitions.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#28 » by Marty McFly » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:45 am

Wiggins will be a raptor in a few years.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#29 » by PrecociousNeoph » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:03 am

ctorres wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234695/Cavaliers-Acquire-Kevin-Love-Send-Andrew-Wiggins-Anthony-Bennett-To-Timberwolves-In-Three-Team-Deal

The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired forward Kevin Love in a three-team trade that sends guard Andrew Wiggins and forward Anthony Bennett to the Minnesota Timberwolves and a projected 2015 first round pick (via Miami) to the Philadelphia 76ers.

As part of the three-team trade, Minnesota will also acquire forward Thaddeus Young from the 76ers, while Philadelphia receives forward Luc Mbah a Moute and guard Alexey Shved from the Timberwolves.

“Kevin joining the Cavaliers represents a very special and unique opportunity for our team. At only 25, Kevin has already firmly established himself as one the NBA’s elite players and his talent, versatility and fit are major parts of our team’s vision for success," David Griffin said in a statement. “We want to also wish Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett the best as they will continue the start of their careers in Minnesota. They are both outstanding young men that have great potential on the court and long, very successful careers ahead of them.”

Big three of Kyrie Irving, Lebron James, Kevin Love
Young studs in Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson
Quality veterans in Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, Anderson Varejao

Cavs are scary.

I'm liking how the Twolves came out of this though. A starting lineup of Ricky Rubio, Kevin Martin, Andrew Wiggins, Thaddeus Young, and Nikola Pekovic should be very fun to watch.

the wolves also drafted zach "f me" lavine and they still have corey brewer
“Bye, Felicia.”
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#30 » by AmazingJason » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:11 am

GettinitDone wrote:I got a feeling that Lavine may turn out to be more ready in this rookie year than Wiggins. Lavine reminds me so much of T-Mac, esp when he gets that long pull up off shake and bake going. He unleashed it at will in summer league, I guess it will be one of his primary weapons once he develops his jumper fully, aside of attacking rim of course which he also does it at will.

Lavine will be better offensively than Wiggins in their rookie years, but Wiggins' ability to defend should give him plenty of playing time too.

LaVine is Russell Westbrook reincarnated, except taller. He just needs to put some muscle on his frame. Once he gets stronger, he will be unstoppable.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#31 » by Johnny Hoops » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:47 am

MeloTime wrote:Minnosota made out like bandits !!!

Thad Young
Andrew Wiggins
Anthony Bennet

Just wow....great deal for the wolves.

Would have liked that type of trade for Melo but not knocking Melo -- just like Wiggins alot and would have been fun to start over with a few good/young pieces and cap space.

That said -- expecting EPIC year out of Melo this season --- not sure about what happens 3-4 years from now though.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#32 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:48 am

That CLE team has incredible "luck" in these draft lotteries I'll tell you that. Since Lebron came and left and now is coming back it seems too good to be true. All of those top picks and now LeBron comes back to Kyrie and K Love is in the mix. Just seems like a stacked deck to me man.

The odds were like 1.6% chance for what happened draft wise for them. I believe I read that somewhere.
:beer: RIP mags
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#33 » by digitaldropoff » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:41 am

King of Canada wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:

Arguably best rebounder in the game, excellent passing big with range.....yeah, he totally sucks. Didn't guy drop a 30/30 on the Knicks....stat stuffer or not, just alright players don't do that.

Actually, just alright players have done it every season vs NY since the early 2000s. Just sayin.

Come on...you're better than that.

This is a good read...

http://www.nba.com/sixers/features/kevi ... 12_03.html
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#34 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:51 am

AmazingJason wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:I got a feeling that Lavine may turn out to be more ready in this rookie year than Wiggins. Lavine reminds me so much of T-Mac, esp when he gets that long pull up off shake and bake going. He unleashed it at will in summer league, I guess it will be one of his primary weapons once he develops his jumper fully, aside of attacking rim of course which he also does it at will.

LaVine is Russell Westbrook reincarnated, except taller. He just needs to put some muscle on his frame. Once he gets stronger, he will be unstoppable.

Except, he's not. Doesn't have the handle of aggressive nature that Westbrook has / had coming out of college. Any comparison to Westbrook isn't based on similarities in style / skill, but simply because they're both athletic. Lavine settles for long jumpers way too often and has no left hand.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#35 » by AmazingJason » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:02 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:

Except, he's not. Doesn't have the handle of aggressive nature that Westbrook has / had coming out of college. Any comparison to Westbrook isn't based on similarities in style / skill, but simply because they're both athletic. Lavine settles for long jumpers way too often and has no left hand.

You cannot dismiss my forecasting ability of my NBA rookies. You know why? Because of my near-perfect track record. Guess who else I forecasted to be the next Russell Westbrook: Iman Shumpert.

*drops mic*
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#36 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:05 am

AmazingJason wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:

You cannot dismiss my forecasting ability of my NBA rookies. You know why? Because of my near-perfect track record. Guess who else I forecasted to be the next Russell Westbrook: Iman Shumpert.

*drops mic*

:-? K
Greenie
RealGM

Post#37 » by Greenie » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:07 am

AmazingJason wrote:

Can we trade for him?

I would kill to see Phil get his hands on him for our triangle.

Zach
Timmy
Melo
Whoever
Gasol

:o :o :o :o :o
Greenie
RealGM

Post#38 » by Greenie » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:10 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:

Of course not. He needs a system...a proven one with a go to scorer he must defer to. I wonder what team has that 8-)
Greenie
RealGM

Post#39 » by Greenie » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:11 am

Also Dwight Powell will be an issue if he gets some burn.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#40 » by BBALLER4FR » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:29 am

Knicks got fleeced.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304

Return to New York Knicks