ImageImageImageImageImage

Shump restoring leg, shunning social media

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

knicksRback
Senior
And1: 33

Re: Shump restoring leg, shunning social media 

Post#61 » by knicksRback » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:07 am

malik959 wrote:
knicksRback wrote:i tore my ACL on May 1st, got surgery on June 9th, i picked the hamstring graft, its been about 11 weeks since, anyone else here tear their ACL? im now just finally starting to get rid of my gait and walking better now

I feel for Shumpert.

I tore my left acl 4 yrs ago and still have issues. It's a tough injury to overcome. I knew he'd be afraid to jump off of it and you can tell when he was playing. Afraid to cut and land after jumping are still my biggest fears.

How aggressive did you hit PT and treatment during the 1st year of your ACL injury and after surgery? Which option did you pick? I honestly feel quite optimistic that I can be back just as strong, if not stronger, why cant I? Modern medicine and technique and all of that allows it imo,

I've done quite extensive research on this and all the things that come with it , graft healing to bone, BTB interface, the screws they use, tensile strength of both grafts, revision rates, etc, osteointergration of graft, when revasculerization ends (around 12 weeks after surgery where the old blood supply of the graft dies and a new blood supply network is made to the graft and area)

So I been having a good diet , I have been taking collagen supplements to aid in joint and ligament recovery and repair, drinking tons of water to keep muscles and joints and all of that as lubricated and hydrated and plenished as possible, taking glucosamine supplements with chrondroitin, fish oil supplements, calcium from milk ,etc , I think more then not people can make a 95% recovery from a ACL tear with right procedure and approach to it all like diet, mindset, willingness to work and effort put in, good sleep and supplements and stretching, Alot of people slack on major injuries rehabilitation unless you are playing sports on a team etc,.

It takes 1 full year minimum for your new ACL to be fully integrated biologically into your body.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Re: Shump restoring leg, shunning social media 

Post#62 » by AmazingJason » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:11 am

knicksRback wrote:
malik959 wrote:
knicksRback wrote:i tore my ACL on May 1st, got surgery on June 9th, i picked the hamstring graft, its been about 11 weeks since, anyone else here tear their ACL? im now just finally starting to get rid of my gait and walking better now

I feel for Shumpert.

I tore my left acl 4 yrs ago and still have issues. It's a tough injury to overcome. I knew he'd be afraid to jump off of it and you can tell when he was playing. Afraid to cut and land after jumping are still my biggest fears.

how aggressive did you hit PT and treatment during the 1st year of your ACL injury and after surgery? which option did you pick, i honestly feel quite optimistic i can be back just as strong, if not stronger, why cant I? modern medicine and technique and all of that allows it imo,

If you use the right surgeon and do the correct and aggressive PT, yeah, should be back at 100% for sports.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee

Return to New York Knicks