ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: 9 yr old girl accidentaly shoots a instructor with a UZI

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

laploutocratie
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,274

Re: OT: 9 yr old girl accidentaly shoots a instructor with a 

Post#21 » by laploutocratie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:58 pm

Just a terrible situation for everyone involved. What will be the legal ramifications for the girl?
x XVII

6ixth_Man wrote:When I die, I want the Raptors to lower me into my grave, so they can let me down one last time
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#22 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:01 pm

laploutocratie wrote:Just a terrible situation for everyone involved. What will be the legal ramifications for the girl?

I'm guessing nothing. Parents possibly.
DaveChecketts
Junior
And1: 39

Post#23 » by DaveChecketts » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:51 pm

poeman wrote:Also, the whole argument about how Knives, cars, baseball bats, hammers, chainsaws can kills people is stupid.
Guns are designed for one purpose and that purpose is to kill. These other things were not made for those purposes.
I find it asinine all around...Shooting range is probably going to shut down or lose a ton of business.

That is only one of many arguments that in total adds up to why guns need to be legal. It's not even a top argument by anyone who sits and thinks about every scenario. I do not own a gun, never have, and only shot at a range one time, so it is not about that for me or the politics behind it. Here are the 3 reasons there is no question they need to be legal and regulated:

1. Society needs to be armed to make Government think twice about a takeover and police state. You may say the public has no chance, but the revolutionary war says otherwise. I don't need to own a gun, but the principle of the 2nd Amendment just being on the books protects me and keeps Government in line, because I MIGHT have one, or 10, and maybe an UZI.

2. Laws don't deter criminals. Outlaw guns, and now only outlaws have guns. Not only that, but they KNOW every law abiding citizen and household is unarmed. Safe? Makes for some easy targets if you ask me.

3. "Don't just outlaw them, remove them from society." The answer to that is that it is not hard at all to make a homemade gun or to sneak them through borders. If it was possible to remove guns from planet earth, and the universe really, then I am with you, get rid of them. But you can't.

Number 3 is the whole reason there is even a debate. Someone out there will ALWAYS have a gun, therefore, we all need to have that right. This is what the Amendment is all about. If they were wiped out, most of us would be all the more happy. Never going to happen in the history of Humanity.

I live in Vermont with the least gun control in the country. I can walk into a store right now and buy a Pistol and open carry it on the street or put it in my house. We have almost no home invasions here precisely because criminals know they will get shot if they try. I don't need to have my own gun because the law says I might. That is good enough.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#24 » by Meat » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:52 pm

DaveChecketts wrote:
poeman wrote:Also, the whole argument about how Knives, cars, baseball bats, hammers, chainsaws can kills people is stupid.
Guns are designed for one purpose and that purpose is to kill. These other things were not made for those purposes.
I find it asinine all around...Shooting range is probably going to shut down or lose a ton of business.

That is only one of many arguments that in total adds up to why guns need to be legal. It's not even a top argument by anyone who sits and thinks about every scenario. I do not own a gun, never have, and only shot at a range one time, so it is not about that for me or the politics behind it. Here are the 3 reasons there is no question they need to be legal and regulated:

1. Society needs to be armed to make Government think twice about a takeover and police state. You may say the public has no chance, but the revolutionary war says otherwise. I don't need to own a gun, but the principle of the 2nd Amendment just being on the books protects me and keeps Government in line, because I MIGHT have one, or 10, and maybe an UZI.

2. Laws don't deter criminals. Outlaw guns, and now only outlaws have guns. Not only that, but they KNOW every law abiding citizen and household is unarmed. Safe? Makes for some easy targets if you ask me.

3. "Don't just outlaw them, remove them from society." The answer to that is that it is not hard at all to make a homemade gun or to sneak them through borders. If it was possible to remove guns from planet earth, and the universe really, then I am with you, get rid of them. But you can't.

Number 3 is the whole reason there is even a debate. Someone out there will ALWAYS have a gun, therefore, we all need to have that right. This is what the Amendment is all about. If they were wiped out, most of us would be all the more happy. Never going to happen in the history of Humanity.

I live in Vermont with the least gun control in the country. I can walk into a store right now and buy a Pistol and open carry it on the street or put it in my house. We have almost no home invasions here precisely because criminals know they will get shot if they try. I don't need to have my own gun because the law says I might. That is good enough.

i imagine the economics has more to do with that then the guns
DaveChecketts
Junior

Post#25 » by DaveChecketts » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Meat wrote:i imagine the economics has more to do with that then the guns

Definitely is part of it but you cannot throw out the argument. There are tons of poor people and a ridiculous amount of people on Heroine. We have the highest ratio of trailer parks in the country. Chicago has the strictest gun laws. Things start to add up. Across the border in upstate NY, crime is much higher with the same demographics because guns are in the hands of more criminals than law abiding people. Trust me, the addicts and poor here do not invade homes because it is an immediate death sentence.
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#26 » by emo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:02 pm

Stupid. Just f*cking stupid.

I'm not even about to watch that video.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#27 » by DE FENSE » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:12 pm

Wow. This country is so dumb its hard to even fathom. Kids allowed to shoot uzi's. Unreal.
DaveChecketts
Junior

Post#28 » by DaveChecketts » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:14 pm

DE FENSE wrote:Wow. This country is so dumb its hard to even fathom. Kids allowed to shoot uzi's. Unreal.

Yeah. I don't want anyone to take what I said about gun laws the wrong way. This particular situation is a disaster. Everyone involved, besides the child, should be ashamed.
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#29 » by wolfv » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:21 pm

That can **** up a kids life having to live with that. A 9 year old with an uzi? Unbelievable
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#30 » by gavran » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:39 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:boy he certainly doesn't deserve to die

He kind of did deserve to die.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#31 » by kane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:05 pm

DE FENSE wrote:Wow. This country is so dumb its hard to even fathom. Kids allowed to shoot uzi's. Unreal.

i agree its stupid x1000 but dont give me 'this country is so dumb' like its about america and their love of guns, i bet theres no laws against this in most countrys and some parts of the world they dont give them uzi's they get ak47's and then sent into combat :sigh:
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#32 » by Ignitowsky » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:09 pm

This is social Darwinism at it's best, or maybe worst. The parents were clearly idiots, but how an instructor could put themselves in that position is just beyond comprehension. My heart goes out to his family, and to the little girl who will be scarred for life because of moronic adults.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
gavran
RealGM

Post#33 » by gavran » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:10 pm

kane wrote:

i agree its stupid x1000 but dont give me 'this country is so dumb' like its about america and their love of guns, i bet theres no laws against this in most countrys and some parts of the world they dont give them uzi's they get ak47's and then sent into combat :sigh:

I don't think the USA should be held at the same standard as countries like Somalia, etc.
kane
Head Coach

Post#34 » by kane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:21 pm

gavran wrote:
kane wrote:

I don't think the USA should be held at the same standard as countries like Somalia, etc.

thats why i said "theres no laws against this in most countrys" in any country this weapon is legal im sure theres no age restriction at a shooting range with parents permission

it should come down to the ranges rules and judgment, they should at least use blanks for anyone under the age of 16... also i bet most adults that have never fired a weapon like that would lose control of it their first time too
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#35 » by br7knicks » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:30 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:boy he certainly doesn't deserve to die and she shouldn't have to live with this experience but at the same time I can't say the instructor and the parents didn't make their own bed in this

you can't teach a 9yr old to shoot an uzi and then be surprised when it goes badly

too bad, for sure, but I have no sympathy to spare these idiots

darwin award candidate

This.

I feel bad the girl has to live with this. She's not old enough to realize she can't handle that weapon. She probably was told it'd be cool and fun. I did not like watching the video because you hear her scream just as the UZI is headed his way.

You're absolutely right though. The instructor and parents made their own bed. Although she will likely be traumatized for life, I'm happy she wasn't the one who was shot, with recent events taking place in this country.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
gavran
RealGM

Post#36 » by gavran » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:32 pm

kane wrote:
gavran wrote:
kane wrote:

thats why i said "theres no laws against this in most countrys" in any country this weapon is legal im sure theres no age restriction at a shooting range with parents permission

That is not the part of your original sentence I was referring to. It may be legal in most countries (don't know), yet you only hear these kind of things in one of them.
kane
Head Coach

Post#37 » by kane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:40 pm

gavran wrote:
kane wrote:
gavran wrote:

That is not the part of your original sentence I was referring to. It may be legal in most countries (don't know), yet you only hear these kind of things in one of them.

you hear about kids shooting people by accident at shooting ranges alot do you? maybe you hear about it because thats the one you live in? :dontknow:

http://www.guns.com/2013/10/16/12-year- ... deo-video/

heres one in Russia a 12 year old found that with a 2 second google search
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#38 » by AmazingJason » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Should be declared a suicide :o
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#39 » by mugzi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:15 pm

I don't see how there'd be ramifications for the parents or the girl. The range allowed the kid to shoot, as crazy as that is and if anything I see the instructors family suing the range for allowing the policy.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#40 » by denterprise » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:31 pm

Hopefully this little girl will learn to cope with this tragedy. She should not have to carry any guilt around for the poor judgement of the adults in her life. Condolences to the family of the instructor. No one should have to die for using poor judgement but sometimes that is the consequences for not using common sense. Shooting ranges around the country should learn from this and tighten up on their policies where children are concerned.

Return to New York Knicks