ImageImageImageImageImage

OT Guy Shot for Following Officers Commands

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 206

OT Guy Shot for Following Officers Commands 

Post#1 » by yaboynyp » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:22 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFYTtgZAlE#t=88[/youtube]

Officer pulls up on the guy for not wearing his seatbelt. Cop says “Can I see your liscence please”, he goes to get it and the officer shoots him? Then handcuffs him

Unbelievable audio with the guy who got shot apologizing to the police for following his instructions. Incident was recorded on Dash Cam and the Officer was fired and will have to go to trial as a result

A South Carolina police officer was arrested Wednesday and charged with aggravated assault over his response to a routine stop at a gas station earlier this month, The State newspaper reported.

The incident was recorded on what appeared to be the officer’s dashboard camera.

The cop, South Carolina State Trooper Sean Groubert, who is white, stopped Levar Jones, who is black, for a seat belt violation on Sept. 4 near Columbia, S.C., according to the report. When Jones reached into his vehicle to grab his ID, Groubert suddenly fired several gunshots at him, the video allegedly showed.

“Get out of the car! Get out of the car!” Groubert could be heard shouting before firing off several rounds. After the shots were fired, Groubert told the man to drop to the ground.

“What did I do, sir?” Jones asked the officer after being shot.

Groubert was fired from the force last week after an investigation into the incident by the State Law Enforcement Division, WLTX-TV reported. He reportedly could face up to 20 years in jail if convicted.
the_antz_nest
Senior
And1: 174

Re: OT Guy Shot for Following Officers Commands 

Post#2 » by the_antz_nest » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:48 am

Yeesh.. Thats heavy.

When all you have is a Hammer everything looks like a nail...
Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 404

Post#3 » by Jmonty580 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Cop assumed the worse. Cop made some bad decisions in how he approached that situation. He told the guy to get his license, he makes a move the cop shoots.... Cops fault. Its hard to know how to interact with the police when you get shot for following their direct instructions.
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#4 » by emo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:40 pm

Saw this earlier, that's a tough video to watch...

Multiple shots aimed at his chest from that close of a range? That was attempted murder.

You could see the officer digging in his wallet hoping to find a gun in there.. lol :nonono:.

I hope the victim gets paid -- He took those shots like he had a vest under his shirt.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,535

Post#5 » by Fat Kat » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:48 pm

A lot of these guys are scared punks that joined the force to either prove their suspect manhood, or avenge past bullying. Hopefully this guy is locked up for a long time.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,629

Post#6 » by Lord Commander » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:54 pm

Whenever I get pulled over and I need to get my documents in the glove box, I say, "I need to get my documents in the the glove compartment. IS THAT OK?" and "OK I'm reaching in SLOWLY to get them." smdh... Black peoples' lives aren't even worth a quarter to these cops.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#7 » by Meat » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:57 pm

why do they release these kinds of videos? they seem very invasive to the victim
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#8 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:11 pm

did this guy live? He says he can't feel his legs. Anyone know what happened to him?

poor bastard

what a terrible thing to do to a person

and remorselessness from the cop

unreal

Groubert was fired from the force last week after an investigation into the incident by the State Law Enforcement Division, WLTX-TV reported. He reportedly could face up to 20 years in jail if convicted.

anyone wanna place a bet on his being found guilty?

and by the way, when people sue the police dept and get millions for this kind of thing who do you think pays that? Us, the tax payers. Not the cop. Doesnt come from the dept's funds. Doesn't affect the police union
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#9 » by emo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:25 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:anyone wanna place a bet on his being found guilty?

and by the way, when people sue the police dept and get millions for this kind of thing who do you think pays that? Us, the tax payers. Not the cop. Doesnt come from the dept's funds. Doesn't affect the police union

Well ain't that some bullsh*t.

That needs to be fixed.

Still hope he gets paid though. I wonder how much that cop is worth?
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,626

Post#10 » by DimesandKnicks » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Meat wrote:why do they release these kinds of videos? they seem very invasive to the victim

Because the country needs to know how police conduct themselves. This is disgusting and the cop is a Scumbag piece of ****. He didn't even apologize.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#11 » by Meat » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:39 pm

DimesandKnicks wrote:
Meat wrote:why do they release these kinds of videos? they seem very invasive to the victim

Because the country needs to know how police conduct themselves. This is disgusting and the cop is a Scumbag piece of ****. He didn't even apologize.

sure but the victim's privacy should trump all, this poor man is now forever immortalized on the internet crying out in pain
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,626

Post#12 » by DimesandKnicks » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:45 pm

Meat wrote:
DimesandKnicks wrote:

sure but the victim's privacy should trump all, this poor man is now forever immortalized on the internet crying out in pain

I think he can appreciate this going viral...I would
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#13 » by Greenie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:53 pm

Now this is what needs more attention. That man is following instructions and it's still not good enough. SMH
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#14 » by KingDavid » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:56 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:did this guy live? He says he can't feel his legs. Anyone know what happened to him?

poor bastard

unreal

Hypovolemic shock. He must have a lost a lot of blood.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
sortpar
Sixth Man
And1: 792

Post#15 » by sortpar » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:56 pm

I wonder what the official story would have been, if there wasn't a video to back up the shooting?
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,519

Post#16 » by NYKnickerbocker » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:00 pm

Wow, guess the guy went back into his car to quick and the cop assumed the worse and panicked.

Do they even train these guys. Situational training for stuff like this. He's the cop, even if the guy did have a gun he should be in a position to be prepared for the worst.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#17 » by Thorn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:04 pm

This officer deserves more than being fired he needs to be prosecuted. His actions are clearly inappropriate, he did every thing wrong. The victim was complying and did nothing to deserve this level of response.

To me this is a criminal shooting and I feel statute section 1983 is clearly applicable.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#18 » by moocow007 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Meat wrote:
DimesandKnicks wrote:

I would think this would help the victim in he plans on suing (no judge in his right mind would vote against the victim in a civil judgment with this type of publicity) and further sheds light on the problem with law enforcement in the US which, in turn, may actually save someone else from this same fate. If I was the guy I would want people to know.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#19 » by kane » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:34 pm

what a surprise the guy was black... im noticing a real trend and im not talking about blacks being shot by white cops im talking about people that go out and cherry pick storys like this and make threads about them
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 206

Post#20 » by yaboynyp » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:34 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:did this guy live? He says he can't feel his legs. Anyone know what happened to him?

poor bastard

unreal

Sorry should have made it clear in my original post, but yes he lived. I counted six shot but I believe he was only hit once in the leg. At that range with that many shots, that was probably the best outcome he could have hoped for..

Unbelievable he’s apologizing to the Cop, and the Cop is NOT apologizing to him. I mean the cop pulled him over for not wearing his seatbelt… smh

Return to New York Knicks