ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The WWE Thread - Part 2

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

OT: The WWE Thread - Part 2 

Post#1 » by Bill Pidto » Sun Oct 5, 2014 6:17 am

I'll just leave this here, because the homie ctorres said it best:

ctorres wrote:The official Realgm Knicks forum WWE Thread. If you're not a pro wrestling fan or only opened the thread to respond with some sort of "wrestling is fake, grow up" remark, you need to GTFO. Plenty of Knicks fans here who also happen to be pro wrestling fans so we don't need anyone to come in and spoil the good vibes here.

Hope this doesn't look like a heel turn to you, ctorres (WHAT). I don't want any heat (WHAT). This isn't a rib or a work (WHAT). More like a shoot and quite possibly a one-off (WHAT). The bottom line is this (WHAT) - I didn't wanna have to jack your thread (WHAT), but the other one is at 110 pages (WHAT), and I figured this might get me over with the other fans here (WHAT).

The first thread is about a year old. Daniel Bryan graced the front page in 2013.
Now, it's this man's time to shine :bowdown:

Image Carry on, smarks..
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Re: OT: The WWE Thread - Part 2 

Post#2 » by ctorres » Mon Oct 6, 2014 12:16 am

I only turn heel on the wrestlereaction chat room. I'm full on baby face on here.

In other news, Paige announced she's single. Someone give me ideas on how to catch her attention if I run into her after NXT tapings. I'm a law student, musician, Knicks/NBA fan, wrestling fan, and Puerto Rican. I'm a catch damn it!

Also, I'll be deleting this soon, but I gotta get this out of my system. I'll put it in spoiler tags...

Spoiler:
I hooked up with Kurt Angle's cousin a while back. She's got the hots for me, I'm not feeling her that much.

In regards to Ambrose, WWE needs to take advantage of his popularity and push him to the moon. Why force it with Roman? If anything, I think Roman would benefit from a heel turn like The Rock did.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#3 » by ctorres » Tue Oct 7, 2014 12:28 am

Gotta love Ziggler... :lol:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/518978969249783808[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/519150373387640832[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/519169304148049921[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/519169646541672448[/tweet]
21 Hussle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,628

Post#4 » by 21 Hussle » Tue Oct 7, 2014 2:10 am

Wow I randomly change to Raw for the first time in years and my favorite wrestler the Rock is on. :D :D
:meditate: Patience :meditate:
H_20
RealGM
And1: 771

Post#5 » by H_20 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 2:10 am

The Great One just appeared on RAW!
cavs4life03
Starter
And1: 782

Post#6 » by cavs4life03 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 4:20 am

If you smeellllalalala what the rock is cooking

Sent from my SPH-L710 using RealGM Forums mobile app
young players + cap space + draft picks = bright future
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#7 » by poeman » Tue Oct 7, 2014 4:49 am

poeman wrote:So yeah I am going to RAW tonight...Tickets were too cheap and Ive never been to a WWE show. Hope it doesnt suck

oh and this is for all of you...

Guys I just came back from RAW at Brooklyn as I mentioned I was going.

I really was hoping the show was not going to be a stinker and MAN was I not disappointed, in fact seeing my childhood wrestling idol THE ROCK.. WHAT ARE THE FREAKING ODDS!?!?!?! :o :o First live show ever I go to and my favorite THE ROCK comes out. The whole building was alive tonight and we were chanting so many things...It came from our section in the 200's too, so they all heard us.

Few things I noticed:
- The Rock had the whole crowd going nuts, I mean everyone except alot of the kids haha who werent as in tuned with the Rock as they are with Cena. Really surprising how popular Cena is with kids.

- The show was off to a blistering start! with the Rollins, Ambrose, and Cena segment. It was hilarious to see Ambrose out there next to Rollins. Crowd is liking him more and more

- We then saw some terrible garbage come on...The same crap I hate about the WWE.
a) We booed the living crap out of those NBC Today show hags...What the hell was that? Promoting wine and smacking bottles on the ass. NOT SURE if you all noticed, but they played Adam Rose's entrance musi throughout to really drown out the boos. We all chanted "THIS SUCKS"
b) Torito vs Gator? WTFFFFFFFF We all were laughing at this joke and all yelled "THIS IS STUPID". It was beautiful
c) Brie winning one handed... FML

- The fights were fantastic with the Usos, Ziggler vs Gold/Stardust and Cesaro
- Alot of excellent promos, including the Triple H with Cena, Interview with Roman Reigns who probably wanted to show his face tonight as it seemed like a bigger show then usual. It was so short and seemed like a waste of time though (More like hey guys dont forget I'm still here)
- This show tonight was built for the new guy on the block Dean Ambrose and HE STOLE it! We loved the train bit and him coming out and talking with Cena
- AJ Lee got a huge pop, the CM punk chants and AJ Punks were loud. Paige was doing her thing

HOWEVER, the BEST and I MEAN THE MOST POPULAR wrestler of the evening was
DAMIEN MIZDOW
- HOLY COW! Everyone was nuts for him..He truly draws everyone's attention and guys around me loved him. I had a great kick out of it...The best part was the chants
a) "Sandow!"
b) "We want Sandow!"
c) "Sandow's better" (my favorite)

MORE IMPORTANTLY, I KNOW you all didnt see this...while the fight with Miz was going on...Sandow was getting the cheers and the crowd was going nuts for him, he took his hands to his back and during the match sneakily asked for more chants for him (hand gestured keep going)...He clearly sees this as a opportunity for him, and he has been really wasted before and this goofiness may lead to a great run for him (sort of like Mick Foley's comedic side I hope)

The last fight was ok, until Ambrose showed up and gave me that small bit of deja vu of the Attitude era. Hot Dog cart and then he straight up threw mustard/Ketchup all over Orton and Kane. It was awesome...When he did the Dirty Deeds to Cena and the show ended with Triple H announcing the Hell in a Cell match ups I was very very happy!

Rock made my night I swear but the event really built for Raw and TRULY alot of it had smelled like Triple H was behind the planning. Couple of horrid misses and it looks like they are bringing some dumb hag next week too but the promos and key fights were awesome.

After the live show ended...Cena got up and went to each corner to raise his hands but got so booed he didnt do it. Each corner booed him so much...He left. It was funny.

Ambrose got on the mic and said "I dont care about the Lets go Cena or Cena sucks chants, but one thing we have in common is we love this business and more importantly I LOVE NYC...Now, I am going to take the Q train and really will go to Coney Island, whose really coming with me?" He got his pop after raising his hands and went around clapping people's hands. It was great...RAW averages like 3 out of 10 great shows, I feel like this fell in that category. THANKFULLY it was not a stinker.

P.S. Erik Rowan push! Where my Wyatt family at!!?

P.P.S. I was really yelling out the "Derek Jeter" chants :D
tdotboyy
Banned User
And1: 6,678

Post#8 » by tdotboyy » Tue Oct 7, 2014 6:52 am

wwe is **** who tf watches this **** isnt it fake or something? smh
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#9 » by IMAN5 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 1:24 pm

Ambrose and Rollins are the best thing to happen to the WWE in a very long time. Those 2 will be superstars, along with Reigns (I guess :P). No hate on Reigns, I just get bored of him easily and he's been exposed as a pretty weak singles wrestler.

Reigns is the Face the WWE chose for the future, Rollins is the Heel of the future, and Ambrose is the People's Champ chosen by the WWE Universe.

Reigns = Cena, Rollins = CM Punk, Ambrose = Daniel Bryan.

I don't mean talent or style wise, I mean that is how they will climb their way to the top.
instagram.com/510movement
Trav_NYK
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#10 » by Trav_NYK » Tue Oct 7, 2014 1:50 pm

poeman wrote:
poeman wrote:So yeah I am going to RAW tonight...Tickets were too cheap and Ive never been to a WWE show. Hope it doesnt suck

oh and this is for all of you...

Guys I just came back from RAW at Brooklyn as I mentioned I was going.

I really was hoping the show was not going to be a stinker and MAN was I not disappointed, in fact seeing my childhood wrestling idol THE ROCK.. WHAT ARE THE FREAKING ODDS!?!?!?! :o :o First live show ever I go to and my favorite THE ROCK comes out. The whole building was alive tonight and we were chanting so many things...It came from our section in the 200's too, so they all heard us.

Few things I noticed:
- The Rock had the whole crowd going nuts, I mean everyone except alot of the kids haha who werent as in tuned with the Rock as they are with Cena. Really surprising how popular Cena is with kids.

- The show was off to a blistering start! with the Rollins, Ambrose, and Cena segment. It was hilarious to see Ambrose out there next to Rollins. Crowd is liking him more and more

- We then saw some terrible garbage come on...The same crap I hate about the WWE.
a) We booed the living crap out of those NBC Today show hags...What the hell was that? Promoting wine and smacking bottles on the ass. NOT SURE if you all noticed, but they played Adam Rose's entrance musi throughout to really drown out the boos. We all chanted "THIS SUCKS"
b) Torito vs Gator? WTFFFFFFFF We all were laughing at this joke and all yelled "THIS IS STUPID". It was beautiful
c) Brie winning one handed... FML

- The fights were fantastic with the Usos, Ziggler vs Gold/Stardust and Cesaro
- Alot of excellent promos, including the Triple H with Cena, Interview with Roman Reigns who probably wanted to show his face tonight as it seemed like a bigger show then usual. It was so short and seemed like a waste of time though (More like hey guys dont forget I'm still here)
- This show tonight was built for the new guy on the block Dean Ambrose and HE STOLE it! We loved the train bit and him coming out and talking with Cena
- AJ Lee got a huge pop, the CM punk chants and AJ Punks were loud. Paige was doing her thing

HOWEVER, the BEST and I MEAN THE MOST POPULAR wrestler of the evening was
DAMIEN MIZDOW
- HOLY COW! Everyone was nuts for him..He truly draws everyone's attention and guys around me loved him. I had a great kick out of it...The best part was the chants
a) "Sandow!"
b) "We want Sandow!"
c) "Sandow's better" (my favorite)

MORE IMPORTANTLY, I KNOW you all didnt see this...while the fight with Miz was going on...Sandow was getting the cheers and the crowd was going nuts for him, he took his hands to his back and during the match sneakily asked for more chants for him (hand gestured keep going)...He clearly sees this as a opportunity for him, and he has been really wasted before and this goofiness may lead to a great run for him (sort of like Mick Foley's comedic side I hope)

The last fight was ok, until Ambrose showed up and gave me that small bit of deja vu of the Attitude era. Hot Dog cart and then he straight up threw mustard/Ketchup all over Orton and Kane. It was awesome...When he did the Dirty Deeds to Cena and the show ended with Triple H announcing the Hell in a Cell match ups I was very very happy!

Rock made my night I swear but the event really built for Raw and TRULY alot of it had smelled like Triple H was behind the planning. Couple of horrid misses and it looks like they are bringing some dumb hag next week too but the promos and key fights were awesome.

After the live show ended...Cena got up and went to each corner to raise his hands but got so booed he didnt do it. Each corner booed him so much...He left. It was funny.

Ambrose got on the mic and said "I dont care about the Lets go Cena or Cena sucks chants, but one thing we have in common is we love this business and more importantly I LOVE NYC...Now, I am going to take the Q train and really will go to Coney Island, whose really coming with me?" He got his pop after raising his hands and went around clapping people's hands. It was great...RAW averages like 3 out of 10 great shows, I feel like this fell in that category. THANKFULLY it was not a stinker.

P.S. Erik Rowan push! Where my Wyatt family at!!?

P.P.S. I was really yelling out the "Derek Jeter" chants :D

man that sounded like a really great time, now im wishing that I went lol The chants that the crowd were saying were hilarious, and im so glad u guys booed the crap out of that torito vs mini gator match lol u should have heard commentary, they didn't know how to address it lol

and these Rowan and Harper push promos are getting me so excited!!!!!!!
"This is Me7o"
Quadruple H
Senior
And1: 200

Post#11 » by Quadruple H » Tue Oct 7, 2014 2:43 pm

Was at Raw last night.

When The Rock's music hit, the whole place (myself included) went NUTS. Every single person was on their feet.

The man is electrifying! I've never seen an entire arena hanging on one mans words so intently. Pure entertainment. Loved the way he took advantage of how much New Yorkers love to hear people talk about NY. Seeing him work his magic live as a complete surprise was just a damn treat.

Mizdow burned the place to the ground too. You could tell that was a pretty special moment for him to get probably the biggest crowd reaction outside of The Rock in NY. I'm sure creative is noticing the momentum he's building. Hopefully it pays off for him.

Poeman- we were in section 221 going nuts. I love the way the Barclays is set up that even the worst seats still feel close to the action.

Definitely a great night. Had to watch the DVR to see the crowds reaction to Rocky and it was intense
jonny31623
Senior
And1: 183

Post#12 » by jonny31623 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 2:54 pm

tdotboyy wrote:wwe is **** who tf watches this **** isnt it fake or something? smh

poeman
General Manager

Post#13 » by poeman » Tue Oct 7, 2014 3:34 pm

Quadruple H wrote:Was at Raw last night.

When The Rock's music hit, the whole place (myself included) went NUTS. Every single person was on their feet.

The man is electrifying! I've never seen an entire arena hanging on one mans words so intently. Pure entertainment. Loved the way he took advantage of how much New Yorkers love to hear people talk about NY. Seeing him work his magic live as a complete surprise was just a damn treat.

Mizdow burned the place to the ground too. You could tell that was a pretty special moment for him to get probably the biggest crowd reaction outside of The Rock in NY. I'm sure creative is noticing the momentum he's building. Hopefully it pays off for him.

Poeman- we were in section 221 going nuts. I love the way the Barclays is set up that even the worst seats still feel close to the action.

Definitely a great night. Had to watch the DVR to see the crowds reaction to Rocky and it was intense

Lmao you sound like me...We were in 215. And yes, Mizdow knew it was his moment. Dude was so happy out there. I loved how he put his hands to the back encouraged the fans to yell louder.

Like you, I came home and watched the show just to hear our chants and see what the commentators said. They ate up the chants. And Cole LOVED the "Sandow's Better" chant.

Michael Cole started saying how this is getting on Miz's nerves and that the D-Lister is getting famous...I think Miz in the ring probably had no clue what was going on...Probably the producer played that angle and I expect a push coming for our boy Sandow after NYC put him over the top tonight!

I thought it was funny what JBL, Cole, and the King were saying and their facial reactions post Torito vs Gator..."THIS IS STUPID indeed"
poeman
General Manager

Post#14 » by poeman » Tue Oct 7, 2014 3:37 pm

tdotboyy wrote:wwe is **** who tf watches this **** isnt it fake or something? smh

This isn't 1995 fool...WWE has laid the groundwork for how they are an entertainment show and the wrestlers and fans all know these guys are performers more so then just acting.

As any performer, there is risk in getting hurt...They entertain by wrestling...It shouldnt hurt if done right (Like my boy Bret Hart) but it can hurt like hell if done wrong and falling and hitting the wrong things.

Nothing fake about a guy jumping from the top of a Cell 30 feet down onto a table. That **** hurts
poeman
General Manager

Post#15 » by poeman » Tue Oct 7, 2014 3:46 pm

PWInsider reports that The Rock was in New York City on Monday to meet with Time Warner about something unrelated to WWE. WWE did not fly him into NYC and did not have him listed in early versions of the RAW script. It seems as if WWE’s decision to put The Rock on RAW was made fairly late into Monday, and just worked out due to him already being in New York.
Rock Bottom
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#16 » by Rock Bottom » Tue Oct 7, 2014 4:05 pm

The only thing fake around here are raptors fans.. fake this..

IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#17 » by IMAN5 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 5:08 pm

Rock Bottom wrote:

The only thing fake around here are raptors fans.. fake this..

As a Canadian who is a Raptors fan and a Knicks fan, as well as a WWE fan, do not let that one moron represent the whole Toronto board.

I have been posting on the Knicks board for a few years, and I was posting a lot in the last WWE thread. I come in peace. But yeah, ignore that one troll who always tries to ruin things.
instagram.com/510movement
poeman
General Manager

Post#18 » by poeman » Tue Oct 7, 2014 6:00 pm

if you all have the time, start reading the RAW discussion thread at wrestlingforum when Rock comes out.

SO HILARIOUS...Starts here on page 166

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/raw/14318 ... a-166.html
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#19 » by wolfv » Tue Oct 7, 2014 7:16 pm

Rock was there last night? Sweet, gonna search for it now
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631