ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The WWE Thread - Part 2

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Re: OT: The WWE Thread - Part 2 

Post#701 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:47 pm

I was against Bryan vs Brock thinking it would look silly because of the size difference but man, he is fun to watch! Bryan carried that match with that goof Reigns! WM looks horrible. They are going to boo and throw crap into the ring when Reigns beats Brock. Hopefully Rollins saves the day and cashes in.

No interest in Taker vs Bray. Having Taker lose last year just ruins it for me. Are we supposed to ignore the streak was broken? Taker doesn't redeem himself by beating Bray. And Bray doesn't gain anything beating Taker when it was already done.

I'm already angry that Cena will beat Rusev. :angry:

Sting vs HHH, Rollins vs Orton and whoever Bryan faces hopefully saves the show.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,071

Post#702 » by Jeffrey » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:21 pm

I wonder if they will do Bryan vs. Ziggler.

Sheamus will return and he might be on the card.

Gotta believe Big Slow and Old ass Kane will be there. :banghead: :banghead:
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#703 » by poeman » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:44 pm

The Big Slow is going to get a match at Wrestlemania. Its gonna happen you know it. He gets paid too much to NOT fight.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#704 » by DowNY » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:51 am

Undertaker vs Bray is going to be under appreciated. Taker will win but it will still help Bray in the long run. The match will tell an awesome story. It's not about the streak. That pressure is gone, which causes fans not to assume Taker would just win like they did last year. Lol. It's about past fear vs. present fear.

Taker got this Wrestlemania and next year's with Sting & I think he gets inducted into the HOF the night before next year's show in my opinion.

Roman over Daniel Bryan was a smart move. Actually liked how stupid creative did the match. Now the annoying "yes movement" can't say anything. Roman beat Daniel Bryan clean. Roman is more believeable than Daniel Bryan when it comes to fighting Brock. Brock would have tossed Daniel Bryan around like John Cena & Seth Rollins. Triple threat cannot continue to happen every WM main event either.

Not a Roman guy, but I've come to an understanding with what Triple H & Vince wants to do with him. It is what it is. He's dry and his character isn't good right now. Needs to reinvent from his Shield days. Attire & Moveset isn't exciting either. I hate the spear. With that said, Daniel is highly overrated.

Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph is a good fit.

Hopefully Sting can still wrestle because then everyone will destroy Sting vs Taker before it even happens even more so.

I've come to see this wrestling industry from a different approach than I used to. Just going to be patient and see the full plans before just ragging on it early.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,216

Post#705 » by Heat3 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:36 am

i'd love to have undertaker's job nowadays. just has to roll his ass out of bed once a year. even brock is jealous.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#706 » by kingquan316 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:37 am

Heat3 wrote:i'd love to have undertaker's job nowadays. just has to roll his ass out of bed once a year. even brock is jealous.

That is what is wrong with the wwe nowadays. Two part timers have a bigger marque match at mania than the most over guy in the company, and other young wrestlers who bust their ass all year. And u wonder why they can't make another Rock or Austin.
delvec19
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#707 » by delvec19 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Makes me also wonder what very young fans, who just started watching, think of Taker. For the last 4-5 years he's been a guy that literally wrestles once a year with zero explanation as to why he doesn't wrestle at any other time.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#708 » by Meat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:19 pm

kingquan316 wrote:
Heat3 wrote:i'd love to have undertaker's job nowadays. just has to roll his ass out of bed once a year. even brock is jealous.

That is what is wrong with the wwe nowadays. Two part timers have a bigger marque match at mania than the most over guy in the company, and other young wrestlers who bust their ass all year. And u wonder why they can't make another Rock or Austin.

they're trying to make another rock or Austin in reigns and people are **** on them for it. wwe fans remember "the great one, but they conveniently forget "the blue chipper" or "the ringmaster"
delvec19
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#709 » by delvec19 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:24 pm

Meat wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:

they're trying to make another rock or Austin in reigns and people are **** on them for it. wwe fans remember "the great one, but they conveniently forget "the blue chipper" or "the ringmaster"

Theres a difference, Rock and Austin grew on their own and people realized they were great and gradually started to cheer them when their characters were supposed to be heel. They respected Austin after his match with Bret at WM13, and once the Rock took over the Nation...you just saw the charisma oozing out of him. There is really nothing special about Roman Reigns other than his look.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#710 » by poeman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Yeah but if anyone in WWE deserves that it probably is Taker. Guys like Jericho, Rock, Brock don't deserve this much flexibility
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#711 » by GameTime_3 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Man this years road to WrestleMania is a stinker... Outside of the Stin/HHH storyline, it does nothing for me.

Taker vs. Wyatt is a stretch unless they plan to carry it over to Sting vs. Taker in 2016 but no way creative is thinking that long term.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#712 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:30 pm

Reigns was soooooo bad last night on the mic. This kid needs acting lessons. He's like the male version of Brie Bella.
Meat
Head Coach

Post#713 » by Meat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:36 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:Reigns was soooooo bad last night on the mic. This kid needs acting lessons. He's like the male version of Brie Bella.

you mean he has a hotter better surgically enhanced version of himself walking around? or that he f'd his way onto tv
kingquan316
Assistant Coach

Post#714 » by kingquan316 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Meat wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:

They also didn't have Ringmaster and Rocky Maivia main event wrestle mania when they weren't connecting with the crowd yet. Austin was red hot in his first mania main event, and The rock was built as a top heel with Vince and saw huge improvements by the time he main evented wm 15.

People **** on Reigns because fans see Bryan being the most popular guy in the company, and yet the company does not even back him up like they did Austin or The Rock. He doesn't even have a bigger match than Triple H, Sting, and Taker. Three part time guys (it's more like one time guys with Taker's wrestling schedule) that should not have bigger matches on the card than their most over guy. If Reigns had the crowd 100% behind him, I wouldn't complain at all, cause he DESERVE the main event, that's the key word, DESERVE. Well be prepared for Brock to be the face in that match, while Reigns get booed when he beats him, it's gonna happen.
Meat
Head Coach

Post#715 » by Meat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:11 pm

kingquan316 wrote:
Meat wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:

They also didn't have Ringmaster and Rocky Maivia main event wrestle mania when they weren't connecting with the crowd yet. Austin was red hot in his first mania main event, and The rock was built as a top heel with Vince and saw huge improvements by the time he main evented wm 15.

People **** on Reigns because fans see Bryan being the most popular guy in the company, and yet the company does not even back him up like they did Austin or The Rock. He doesn't even have a bigger match than Triple H, Sting, and Taker. Three part time guys (it's more like one time guys with Taker's wrestling schedule) that should not have bigger matches on the card than their most over guy. If Reigns had the crowd 100% behind him, I wouldn't complain at all, cause he DESERVE the main event, that's the key word, DESERVE. Well be prepared for Brock to be the face in that match, while Reigns get booed when he beats him, it's gonna happen.

DB headlined wm last year and has only had like 2 matches since. This past year, he was a part timer
kingquan316
Assistant Coach

Post#716 » by kingquan316 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:21 pm

Meat wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:
Meat wrote:they're trying to make another rock or Austin in reigns and people are **** on them for it. wwe fans remember "the great one, but they conveniently forget "the blue chipper" or "the ringmaster"

DB headlined wm last year and has only had like 2 matches since. This past year, he was a part timer

So u saying Bryan is a part timer cause he got injured??? lol. He isn't a part timer. Bryan even on commentary last week said he had one more title defense match than Brock Lesnar, who is the current champ and had the belt since August lol.

Is there a rule that u can't headline more than one wrestle mania? I guess Austin shouldn't have main evented WM 15, he had his moment the year before beating HBK. Yea, if a guy is still the most popular guy on the roster, it's ok for him to main event two years in a row.
asuran
Senior
And1: 274

Post#717 » by asuran » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Reigns needs to turn into a badass quick, he does not entertain.

Brock doesn't have much mic skills but he is a bad-ass and he has Paul Heyman doing all the talking and it works really well!

Every top guy in the WWE has had their own signature catchphrase, from:
Hogan's "What ya gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you"
or Ric Flair's "Woo, to be the man, you got to beat the man and I am the man"
or Brett Hart's "The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be"
or Austin's "And that's the bottom line cuz Stone Cold said so"
to The Rock's "If you can smelllalala what the Rock is cooking"

Those are awesome phrases that gets you pumped up whenever you hear them.

What is Reigns catchphrase? "You can believe that." ??????
Sounds more like what a High School bully would say and it kind of reminds me of Bo-lieve!! :rofl: :rofl:

I've been hearing they are trying the "Roman Empire" angle with him. Could work if he's bad-ass and dominating and destroying everyone as a heel.
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#718 » by wolfv » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:18 pm

"Believe that" is not even his catchphrase; it belonged to the shield. Roman still thinks he's in the shield. If WWE is going to be lazy and not give him a new character they should book him as a delusional doofus who still thinks the shield exists. Have him call team meetings where only he shows up, and always going up to Seth and Ambrose to ask them where they were, interfering in their matches by helping them and getting them disqualified.

Reigns is supposed to be the next superstar but he barely gets any reaction, and when he does he gets booed by the men and cheered by kids/women. Even Cena gets bigger cheers than Reigns. I think the WM crowd is gonna boo the hell out of Reigns and cheer for Brock
Meat
Head Coach

Post#719 » by Meat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:46 pm

they were already cheering for brock
jonny31623
Senior
And1: 183

Post#720 » by jonny31623 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:55 pm

kingquan316 wrote:

its not fair to compare the wrestlers from this day and age to austin and rocks era. back then you can say and do w/e the **** you wanted because it was rated for teens and 20 year olds. now a days its a family oriented program so they have to play nice on tv. back then it was crazyyy the things they were doing and saying. now a days the wwe is trying to cater to a different audience, hence why its boring to us.

they care about the $ and the numbers. thats all they care about. if its good they will continue, if it goes down they will change.

mcmahon has always been like that.

Return to New York Knicks