ImageImageImageImageImage

Carmelo: I want more help.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Re: Carmelo: I want more help. 

Post#81 » by moocow007 » Mon Oct 6, 2014 7:10 pm

wakkahman wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
wakkahman wrote:Half of me wanted melo to leave or be traded so the knicks could start from scratch. The other half of me had this hope that some phil jacksons magic triangle juice would fuse with melo and turn him into jordan. Either the juice didnt take effect yet or were **** for the next 5 years.

We haven't even played a single pre-season game yet. But if you are expecting Anthony to be Jordan then you've already set yourself up for disappointment.

Jordan wouldnt bash his teamates before they played a single pre-season game

And this coming from about as big a Jordan fan as you can possibly find in a Knick fan that lived through the Jordan years (again, I'm a HUGE Jordan fan...he is without doubt in my mind the GOAT)...

Here are quotes made by Jordan about his teammates, coaches, front offices that he's played with, played under and worked for (yes, I so happen to have this list cause I do know what is and isn't Michael Jordan when it comes to fact and fiction):

"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

"I'll let them stand up and take responsibility for themselves." - Michael on why it took them 7 games to eliminate the Knicks and why the Knicks seemed to gain momentum so often in that series...basically it was his teammates

"We have to do some things. We need to make some changes."

"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here."

"I know I can recognize what to do, but I'm not sure they can."

"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Give me the ******* ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

"If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team."

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"

"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his ass out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley (who actually was 24 when traded from Chicago to NY) for Cartwright (who actually was just 31 but who cares) trade

"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

Just because Jordan won a lot of rings and was the GOAT doesn't mean that he was nice to his teammates or a gentleman or a statesmen or anything of that remote sort. He was a prick. He was about as egotistical a guy as you can possibly get. The reason why he was tolerated cause no one would dare speak out against the GOAT, especially not when he's winning championships and with Phil Jackson and the world behind him.

If you are going to make an argument about Jordan vs. Anthony, the winning is the argument (Jordan won plenty, Anthony has won diddly). But to somehow assume that Jordan was classier than Anthony, especially when it comes to his teammates and opinions there of, that's way off base. Jordan was a Class A prick. It's one of the reasons that it's well known that despite the wins, the Bulls "stars" hardly liked each other and most of the belief is that no one liked Jordan...cause he was a egotistical prick.

Don't just assume that a person that wins titles isn't a class A egotist that has very shallow/dim views about how great he is compared to everyone else around him and states it as such. This is EXACTLY why I don't have this "thing" about not liking guys that say what's on their mind. Why? Cause Jordan himself, GOAT, has proven that it don't mean **** what you say as long as you can perform out there.
bballoctober
Rookie
And1: 377

Post#82 » by bballoctober » Mon Oct 6, 2014 8:05 pm

Melo didn't even say he wants more help. He said with this roster, it's a wait and see approach. Exactly what a lot of you need to do.
I will only cherish the wins and ignore everything else, because that's the only way to survive as a Knicks fan.
knicksRback
Senior
And1: 33

Re: Carmelo: My teammates suck, I want more help 

Post#83 » by knicksRback » Mon Oct 6, 2014 8:17 pm

JSmooth93 wrote:Know what's funny, you guys are always harping over how the media questions and answers will affect team chemistry.

I doubt the guys IN PRACTICE are scouring internet articles reporting on THEIR PRACTICE.
Unless this becomes an ESPN text notification, no one on the team will even read this.

But regarding what he said, you're being silly. You're always silly. If the Knicks won a championship I feel like you'd be upset they made the playoffs.

lol, cmon man, JR stays on his phone on Instagram and whatnot, how would they never hear about this piece of news from the star player player of the New York Knicks ever lol? Thats impossible man
21 Hussle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,628

Post#84 » by 21 Hussle » Mon Oct 6, 2014 9:02 pm

Welp 2k Tuesday, Knicks Wednesday... The wait is almost over!
:meditate: Patience :meditate:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,196

Post#85 » by Capn'O » Mon Oct 6, 2014 10:14 pm

MMFJB wrote:

Sometimes you gotta watch what you wish for, Mike. What? Ten+ years in and he's finally almost done something right as an exec.

MMFJB wrote: "Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

Ok, that was a pretty good one :lol:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Post#86 » by Workforce250 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 12:48 am

wakkahman wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
wakkahman wrote:Half of me wanted melo to leave or be traded so the knicks could start from scratch. The other half of me had this hope that some phil jacksons magic triangle juice would fuse with melo and turn him into jordan. Either the juice didnt take effect yet or were **** for the next 5 years.

We haven't even played a single pre-season game yet. But if you are expecting Anthony to be Jordan then you've already set yourself up for disappointment.

How do you know? Were you lurking in his Hanes?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,040

Post#87 » by god shammgod » Tue Oct 7, 2014 12:55 am

Workforce250 wrote:
wakkahman wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

How do you know? Were you lurking in his Hanes?

well damn
JSmooth93
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#88 » by JSmooth93 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 3:17 am

knicksRback wrote:
JSmooth93 wrote:Know what's funny, you guys are always harping over how the media questions and answers will affect team chemistry.

I doubt the guys IN PRACTICE are scouring internet articles reporting on THEIR PRACTICE.
Unless this becomes an ESPN text notification, no one on the team will even read this.

But regarding what he said, you're being silly. You're always silly. If the Knicks won a championship I feel like you'd be upset they made the playoffs.

lol, cmon man, JR stays on his phone on Instagram and whatnot, how would they never hear about this piece of news from the star player player of the New York Knicks ever lol? Thats impossible man

Because he's busy with life stuff. Like his chilldren. Golf. Etc.

I'm confident that he is on instagram and twitter talking to girls not clicking on links to bad news articles about practice.

This is our hobby, and their job. We probably read a lot more about the Knicks than they do.
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#89 » by Huey Freeman » Tue Oct 7, 2014 3:27 am

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Revolution starts in the mind...
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#90 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 4:13 am

Thugger HBC wrote:Not the words a teammate would want to hear, but he also stated the system should help take pressure off him, and the team will surprise people with the way they'll play.

Sent from my SM-P905 using RealGM Forums mobile app

The quote had little to do with his teammates and basically was a jab at Woodson's Iso-offense. I don't think his teammates current nor former would have a single issue with that.

This season our offense ideally makes everyone into a weapon rather than Melo being THE weapon and everyone playing "support"
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#91 » by MrProb » Wed Oct 8, 2014 8:36 am

Gotta love how Hawthorne posted this **** thread, expected a lot of people to agree with him but instead it backfired and now he's just disappeared into a dark corner reading&acting like he's not on this board anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wakkahman wrote:

Must be DeAndre Jordan you're talking about correct ?
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#92 » by JBreezeNY » Wed Oct 8, 2014 8:46 am

moocow007 wrote:
wakkahman wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

And this coming from about as big a Jordan fan as you can possibly find in a Knick fan that lived through the Jordan years (again, I'm a HUGE Jordan fan...he is without doubt in my mind the GOAT)...

Here are quotes made by Jordan about his teammates, coaches, front offices that he's played with, played under and worked for (yes, I so happen to have this list cause I do know what is and isn't Michael Jordan when it comes to fact and fiction):

"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

"I'll let them stand up and take responsibility for themselves." - Michael on why it took them 7 games to eliminate the Knicks and why the Knicks seemed to gain momentum so often in that series...basically it was his teammates

"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here."

"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Give me the ******* ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"

"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his ass out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley (who actually was 24 when traded from Chicago to NY) for Cartwright (who actually was just 31 but who cares) trade

"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

Just because Jordan won a lot of rings and was the GOAT doesn't mean that he was nice to his teammates or a gentleman or a statesmen or anything of that remote sort. He was a prick. He was about as egotistical a guy as you can possibly get. The reason why he was tolerated cause no one would dare speak out against the GOAT, especially not when he's winning championships and with Phil Jackson and the world behind him.

If you are going to make an argument about Jordan vs. Anthony, the winning is the argument (Jordan won plenty, Anthony has won diddly). But to somehow assume that Jordan was classier than Anthony, especially when it comes to his teammates and opinions there of, that's way off base. Jordan was a Class A prick. It's one of the reasons that it's well known that despite the wins, the Bulls "stars" hardly liked each other and most of the belief is that no one liked Jordan...cause he was a egotistical prick.

Don't just assume that a person that wins titles isn't a class A egotist that has very shallow/dim views about how great he is compared to everyone else around him and states it as such. This is EXACTLY why I don't have this "thing" about not liking guys that say what's on their mind. Why? Cause Jordan himself, GOAT, has proven that it don't mean **** what you say as long as you can perform out there.

Holy sh*t Jordan was a fu*king as*hole :rofl2: :rofl2:
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,217

Post#93 » by aq_ua » Wed Oct 8, 2014 9:53 am

MrProb wrote:Must be DeAndre Jordan you're talking about correct ?

Tangent but DeAndre Jordan really is a great teammate. I would not be upset at all if he's the big signing this offseason. Along with Afflalo. And then Conley.
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#94 » by MrProb » Wed Oct 8, 2014 10:38 pm

aq_ua wrote:
MrProb wrote:Must be DeAndre Jordan you're talking about correct ?

Tangent but DeAndre Jordan really is a great teammate. I would not be upset at all if he's the big signing this offseason. Along with Afflalo. And then Conley.

Yeah DJ is cool, i like him lol i was just messin with wakkah for saying something so ignorant
HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#95 » by HeartBreaking » Thu Oct 9, 2014 1:54 am

moocow007 wrote:
wakkahman wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

In todays day and age jordan wouldn't be as crazy with his words.
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#96 » by GYK » Thu Oct 9, 2014 5:44 am

Very fair for him to say he wants more help. He has consistently been the sole all star rep for his teams. By no measure was Tyson a DPOY and Iverson while more efficient because of less focus on him was less dynamic.
Carmelo needs help. So did Ewing and we know how that turns out.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#97 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 6:05 am

NYKfan77 wrote:Mentioning Lin should be an automatic timeout at this point.

Or a mandatory viewing of this

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W99mmfKf5xY[/youtube]

On Lin - I think it's safe to say no NYK fan was mad during that stretch. However a lot of the NYK faithful forget it was Melo who carried this team into the playoffs when he was the best player in the conference for the final weeks when Lin and Amare sat. Also, according to Stephen A, Melo was loving the possibility of Lin being great because he pictured something similar to the Westbrook Durant dynamic. Not sure why Melo gets this wrap of not wanting to share the spotlight. He's always been adamant about adding talent regardless if the cost. Maybe it's because he's got ball hog tendencies on the court. But that's not reflective of how he's reacted to talent acquisition.

At the end of the day Dolan / CAA made the call on Lin. There's no reason under any circumstances he shouldn't of stayed here. One of the worse moves in a long line if then for the Dolan era (error)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#98 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 6:08 am

GYK wrote:Very fair for him to say he wants more help. He has consistently been the sole all star rep for his teams. By no measure was Tyson a DPOY and Iverson while more efficient because of less focus on him was less dynamic.

A Ewing is the perfect compliment to a Melo. Is there a Ewing out there in this league rt now? Closest person I could think of is a KG in his prime maybe?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#99 » by GYK » Thu Oct 9, 2014 6:17 am

dakomish23 wrote:
GYK wrote:Very fair for him to say he wants more help. He has consistently been the sole all star rep for his teams. By no measure was Tyson a DPOY and Iverson while more efficient because of less focus on him was less dynamic.

A Ewing is the perfect compliment to a Melo. Is there a Ewing out there in this league rt now? Closest person I could think of is a KG in his prime maybe?

I love Patrick but KG is better. Melo is very much a Ewing. Probably never to win a MVP but agreed that he is great player. Elevated his teams that never had other top 100 players on his teams. Pat even had better teammates to this point.
Pat is missing DPOY to his career but is so is Timmy.
markdeez33
RealGM
And1: 2,192

Post#100 » by markdeez33 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 6:55 am

I think he has more help on this team than he has had since his Denver years

Return to New York Knicks