ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread: Bucks vs Knicks @ Carmelo's Home. 7:30PM MSG

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,517

Re: Game Thread: Bucks vs Knicks @ Carmelo's Home. 7:30PM 

Post#1021 » by KnicksGod » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:19 am

Capn'O wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
vallen wrote:shumps gunna be 36 and still have a ceiling on this board.....

i dont get it.

We drafted him and he has a Dwayne Wade ceiling. Frye was young Duncan and Gallo was Dirk jr. Balkkman=Rodman and Mardy Collins was a future all star. This tradition dates back to pre Frank Williams.

You gotta keep up.

I also gave Tyler a "Karl Malone" ceiling and explicitly said I was doing it so people would bring it up later.

It worked!

That ceiling needs to be about 6'11" so they don't have to stoop. So you got it right.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1022 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:21 am

Greenie your kind of using this Shump thing to go into the TC thing. I don't think that's right because they are individuals and each has their own situation. I will say Shumpert has impressed with his attitude this season. It takes a very mature person to admit their mistakes and confront them.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,517

Post#1023 » by KnicksGod » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:25 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:Greenie your kind of using this Shump thing to go into the TC thing. I don't think that's right because they are individuals and each has their own situation. I will say Shumpert has impressed with his attitude this season. It takes a very mature person to admit their mistakes and confront them.

Yeah that's not fair. And Tyson deserves the disgust. He quit last year and not only quit, he went into fake tough guy stuff. Tyson is just old though. He's worse. He's lost it a lot. Shump is interesting -- I'd say the idea of him being a great player is almost out the window entirely. But being a key role player or even a starter on a great team, who is like the third best player on the roster, is still within his reach.

Many of us here believe in you Shump. I know he reads these boards quite a bit although he stopped social media lately so maybe not anymore. If this is one of his buddies, tell him many RealGMers believe in him this season. Knock 'em dead. Don't listen to Greenie :) :roll:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#1024 » by moocow007 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:29 am

From an objective party pint of view, I think a lot of folks have "their guy" and will defend them often irrationally to the end And have guys they dislike and look to vilify them excessively and unnecessarily. Very rarely do folks view players with any sort of even keeled moderation. And no this is really not directed at greenie.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,030

Post#1025 » by Besart19 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:31 am

Draft Lottery reform may help the Knicks get Mudiay :)
Strength and Honour!
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#1026 » by moocow007 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:38 am

Besart19 wrote:Draft Lottery reform may help the Knicks get Mudiay :)

I'd ban half the board if there was a way for the Knicks to get Mudiay and Harrell.
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#1027 » by TheBigBoss » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:55 am

KnicksGod wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:Greenie your kind of using this Shump thing to go into the TC thing. I don't think that's right because they are individuals and each has their own situation. I will say Shumpert has impressed with his attitude this season. It takes a very mature person to admit their mistakes and confront them.

Yeah that's not fair. And Tyson deserves the disgust. He quit last year and not only quit, he went into fake tough guy stuff. Tyson is just old though. He's worse. He's lost it a lot. Shump is interesting -- I'd say the idea of him being a great player is almost out the window entirely. But being a key role player or even a starter on a great team, who is like the third best player on the roster, is still within his reach.

Many of us here believe in you Shump. I know he reads these boards quite a bit although he stopped social media lately so maybe not anymore. If this is one of his buddies, tell him many RealGMers believe in him this season. Knock 'em dead. Don't listen to Greenie :) :roll:

Not only that, but he was garbage in every playoff series we had.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1028 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:58 am

And it's not like Shumpert has been shielded here. The fans here were pretty brutal with regards to him last season. I've been pretty critical of him myself.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#1029 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:05 am

nice
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#1030 » by NYKAL » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:44 pm

three2theD wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
three2theD wrote:The question is is Shumpert's defense good enough to compensate for his anemic offense? The answer is HELL NO! This year he's trying to tell us he's happy so everything is going to change. Just another gimmick so he can convince us and himself that he's going to play well this year. I don't buy it. If Fisher knows what he's doing, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't, he'd start Tim and have JR back him up.

Alright we get it you don't like Shumpert.

Correction, it's not that I don't like shumpert, I just don't think he's a particularly good player like a lot people on here think. Hardaway is a future all-star, starting shumpert is a horrible move.

Hardaways defense is a millions times worse than Shumps Offense. Timmy's atrocious defense hurts the team far more than any offense weakness Shump may or may not have. Heck, its starting to seem like players salivate when they see Timmy guarding them. They treat him like they did Novak....attack mode leading to a foul.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,035

Post#1031 » by god shammgod » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 40m40 minutes ago

The NBA draft lottery reform has been voted down at Board of Governors meeting, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. System stays.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,935

Post#1032 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Well last game we had 11 turn overs. We have come a long way. But we need to get better on defense.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,935

Post#1033 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:43 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QMgmaEh9QA[/youtube]

last time Melo was this small
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,189

Post#1034 » by Capn'O » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:44 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Besart19 wrote:Draft Lottery reform may help the Knicks get Mudiay :)

I'd ban half the board if there was a way for the Knicks to get Mudiay and Harrell.

DON'T WAIT! BAN EVERYONE NOW!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#1035 » by malik959 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:07 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
suicidedeuce wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
In this case, I'm referring to JR's offense and Amar'e's D ... primarily. That's why I cited the triangle because even it cannot save JR. He won't run it well because he's got a pea brain. Because you're you, you're more about the urination contest than the truth.

I asked about JR Smith defense. I have no interest in discussing his offense.

You answered my question. Stop looking for a fight.

I'm curious if this is a measurable statistic but JR seems to get beat back door more than anyone else.

He doesn't seem like a terrible defender man 2 man when he is engaged but he is also known for committing stupid unnecessary fouls.

I also think he awful shot selection on offense hurts the defense because a lot of long rebounds start quick fast breaks which lead to layups or open transition 3's.

Not sure any of those are measurable stats for making a terrible defender, its just what I see.

Pause.............

Return to New York Knicks