ImageImageImageImageImage

Phil Jackson Scouting Report on the Entire Roster

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Re: Phil Jackson Scouting Report on the Entire Roster 

Post#221 » by Workforce250 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Not for nothing, I'm one of those Stat fans. Instead of saying, Amare should be demoted or not playing. I pray Stat plays to his level and stays healthy for the season.

See, how I look at it, I absolutely LOVE to win, so I get happier when they do well. But more importantly I love to see good plays and the right plays. No dumb sht. lol

My faith is solely on Phil Jackson and his protege Derek Fisher. Fisher is mad smart, incredibly so. It's an organizational thing, the best organizations are as one and as in business, succeed.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#222 » by Greenie » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
greenhughes wrote:
cmoney24x wrote:
Im just curious, what is it about Iman's game that bothers you so much ? I agree with you on both Amare and Barf, but Im not sure with the whole Iman thing.

I hate Iman because he is a defensively overrated, always trying to play passing lanes, gambling ass, can't shoot for anything yet keeps throwing up shots because he thinks he a star that pouts when he might get traded, talkin' bout "hol' my phone" when he does finally hit a shot, non-dribbling, can't finish around the rim even though he thinks he's a beast, non-rapping, non-dressing, sweat factory, mop the floor during intros because he thinks he's a star...

Other than that I love him.

So you hate him because he's a role player? Alot of what you said doesnt apply.

How many players who think they are a star averages 7 shots a game? Have you ever seen a player not celebrate when they hit a big shot? The other stuff is personal, wont even go there.

Idk, but imo, a player willing to take on the player who was the eventual league MVP as a rook is ok in my book.

The same player who loves nothing but put KG and Pierce in their place is also ok in my book.

He also hates the Nets and that a big fat Oprah Winfrey size ok in my book.

And Phil seems to like him....another ok in my book.

We don't read from the same book

Iman is a role player with a stars attitude and he's touted as some Messiah around here.
Iman can GTFO right along with 75% of this roster.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#223 » by Thorn » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:44 pm

greenhughes wrote:Iman is a role player with a stars attitude and he's touted as some Messiah around here.

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#224 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:13 am

I think someone clearly needs to dust themselves off again and try again... :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qOnInTJsos[/youtube]
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
cmoney24x
Junior
And1: 71

Post#225 » by cmoney24x » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:19 am

greenhughes wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hate Iman because he is a defensively overrated, always trying to play passing lanes, gambling ass, can't shoot for anything yet keeps throwing up shots because he thinks he a star that pouts when he might get traded, talkin' bout "hol' my phone" when he does finally hit a shot, non-dribbling, can't finish around the rim even though he thinks he's a beast, non-rapping, non-dressing, sweat factory, mop the floor during intros because he thinks he's a star...

Other than that I love him.

So you hate him because he's a role player? Alot of what you said doesnt apply.

How many players who think they are a star averages 7 shots a game? Have you ever seen a player not celebrate when they hit a big shot? The other stuff is personal, wont even go there.

Idk, but imo, a player willing to take on the player who was the eventual league MVP as a rook is ok in my book.

The same player who loves nothing but put KG and Pierce in their place is also ok in my book.

Iman is a role player with a stars attitude and he's touted as some Messiah around here.

Idk, I guess I'm a lost cause, because I dont see this "stars attitude" that you speak of. He doesnt jack up ill-advised shots a la JR, or hurt us defensively a la STAT. As Thugger said, it seems as if you just hate him for being a role player with some personality.

I think whether you hate Iman or love him we all know what his deficiencies are, but the one thing you cant take away from him is that dude is competitive and wants to win. All the other personal attacks about his hair, or him rapping are just your own personal biases (which is cool, we all have them). I just hope you try not to let if affect your critique of Iman and what he can do for this team.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#226 » by Greenie » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:58 am

cmoney24x wrote:
greenhughes wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:So you hate him because he's a role player? Alot of what you said doesnt apply.

Idk, I guess I'm a lost cause, because I dont see this "stars attitude" that you speak of. He doesnt jack up ill-advised shots a la JR, or hurt us defensively a la STAT. As Thugger said, it seems as if you just hate him for being a role player with some personality.

I think whether you hate Iman or love him we all know what his deficiencies are, but the one thing you cant take away from him is that dude is competitive and wants to win. All the other personal attacks about his hair, or him rapping are just your own personal biases (which is cool, we all have them). I just hope you try not to let if affect your critique of Iman and what he can do for this team.
Manhattan Project wrote:I think someone clearly needs to dust themselves off again and try again... :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qOnInTJsos[/youtube]

Fuq I-am Chumpert
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#227 » by BeagleBoss » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 am

With that type of support, I'll be really pissed if Shumpert doesn't bring it this season. He has no excuses!
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#228 » by seren » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:21 am

great read. dalembert get 26 minutes, amare gets 32. assuming melo gets none at 4/5, that leaves 38 minutes at 4/5 spot. you have jason smith/bargnani / acy to share those minutes. one of them has to drop out of rotation. my money is on bargs.
FemaleDogPlease
Veteran
And1: 1,473

Post#229 » by FemaleDogPlease » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:28 am

Phil will be making trades. Bargnani already injured.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#230 » by Thorn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:51 am

FemaleDogPlease wrote:Phil will be making trades. Bargnani already injured.

Well, he may be at the deadline.

I am not up for making a trade to unload an expiring contract, to me it is giving up something for nothing. We will not win a 'chip this year so why sacrifice a good young player/prospect to unload someone? The answer is, we shouldn't. Melo is locked up, he is our only superstar, we have some youth, and we have some role-players, we have some guys with upside, some with potential.

Keep them, let them learn the triangle, this is a year of learning and coming together. With the triangle consistency and familiarity is key we can not waste the year, so we can not just throw guys in to sweeten ending deals. We can not win rings, and still win the battle this year.

At the end of the year, if teams want to trade for cap relief and the deal looks good we take it... if not we wave good bye to the errors we made under other leaders and we rebuild with a clean slate for next year.

Making panic deals has always killed us in the past, this is not how I see Phil conducting Knick business.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,021

Post#231 » by Besart19 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:18 pm

Imagine if we're to ride with:

Bargs
Amare
Smith
Timmy
Felton

Woodson and Mills :)

Instead we have:

Dally
Jason
Melo
Shump
Jose

Phish
Strength and Honour!
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#232 » by Thorn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Besart19 wrote:Imagine if we're to ride with:

Bargs
Amare
Smith
Timmy
Felton

Woodson and Mills :)

Instead we have:

Dally
Jason
Melo
Shump
Jose

Phish

Getting rid of Felton, one of the worst point in the league for Jose makes this team INSTANTLY better. Is he an amazing one on one defender? NO... but he protects the ball, and shoots the lights out. He is a huge upgrade. Dally over Tyson... I feel that is a bit of a step down from a Tyson who is motivated and in his prime that was not who we traded away. Maybe he will find his heart, grow a pair, and play hard for Dallas again... but I'll take Dally over him based off his performance or lack thereof last year.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#233 » by moocow007 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Tim Hardaway is 6'8"???

"...Also, Tim is two inches taller than his listed 6-6, which also enables him to play some small forward. I expect that with his talents and his work ethic, sooner rather than later Tim will become an excellent all-around player in this league."
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#234 » by aq_ua » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Phil does a great job of talking up his assets. Hopefully some young naive GM actually buys some of it. Apparently 3 of our 4 potential power forwards haven't figured out whether they're power forwards or not. Meanwhile, Melo just closed the game out at the 4 spot and looked pretty darn good at it as usual.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#235 » by moocow007 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:17 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Well I'll admit that Phil Jackson has been doing an excellent job of putting the onus on the players to improve their game, challenging them to buy into the team. It makes me uber-excited to think that players will be held accountable and we won't shy away from benching guys who aren't doing what needs to be done.

Yep.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#236 » by moocow007 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:23 pm

2010 wrote:
siar617 wrote:
Jay10 wrote:THJ is 6'8". :o

Don't believe it. I think he is trying to sell him as a sf to move him

I highly doubt it's to move him, but I do believe Phil is playing a mind game attempting to sell the SF position to THJr. himself considering we have no legit backup behind Melo who actually warrants minutes. Early is too green, Outlaw is too garbage, and Wear may be headed to the D-League by default due to sucky Outlaw's guaranteed contract.

I Hardaway really is 6'8" all he needs to develop some semi competent semblance of a defense and he'll be highly collectible.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,619

Post#237 » by mpharris36 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:26 pm

No way in hell is THjr 6'8. Melo is 6'8 and he towers over THjr.

I always thought when we drafted THjr he was 6'4 and that is what he was listed at originally at one point. So maybe Phil said he actually has grown into that 6'6 frame now.

No way is THjr the same height as Melo.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,940

Post#238 » by knickabocker88 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:27 pm

moocow007 wrote:
2010 wrote:
siar617 wrote:Don't believe it. I think he is trying to sell him as a sf to move him

I highly doubt it's to move him, but I do believe Phil is playing a mind game attempting to sell the SF position to THJr. himself considering we have no legit backup behind Melo who actually warrants minutes. Early is too green, Outlaw is too garbage, and Wear may be headed to the D-League by default due to sucky Outlaw's guaranteed contract.

I Hardaway really is 6'8" all he needs to develop some semi competent semblance of a defense and he'll be highly collectible.

If hes 6'8 than he needs to guard 3's ... Explains why he doesn't have that lateral quickness to guard 2's & harder to have a low center of gravity as well.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#239 » by moocow007 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:29 pm

mpharris36 wrote:No way in hell is THjr 6'8. Melo is 6'8 and he towers over THjr.

I always thought when we drafted THjr he was 6'4 and that is what he was listed at originally at one point. So maybe Phil said he actually has grown into that 6'6 frame now.

No way is THjr the same height as Melo.

Yeah I don't think he's anywhere near 6'8" but Jackson did literally say he's 2 inches taller than his listed 6'6".
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,940

Post#240 » by knickabocker88 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:48 pm

"The type of player I've been, it's a struggle," Smith said. "I'm not going to lie. Trying to think about the rest of the team over myself and my scoring is something I've never really had to do before."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketbal ... -1.9536429

Return to New York Knicks