ImageImageImageImageImage

Help Wanted: Frontcourt

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Re: Help Wanted: Frontcourt 

Post#41 » by Rasho Brezec » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:26 pm

We're drafting our big of the future.

Conley / Shumpert / Durant / Melo / Okafor
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#42 » by Juco24 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:14 pm

I've said this before... Amir Johnson would be the ideal 4 for this team - PARTICULARLY if we're able to land Gasol. And even if not, Amir is probably the Raps' most consistent player and truly was just as big a reason why the Raps won the division last year as anyone else, including Lowry. Dude plays solid defense, is a good weakside helper on defense, hits the mid range j, solid in the pick n roll. I'm honestly surprised that he's flying under the radar.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#43 » by moocow007 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Juco24 wrote:I've said this before... Amir Johnson would be the ideal 4 for this team - PARTICULARLY if we're able to land Gasol. And even if not, Amir is probably the Raps' most consistent player and truly was just as big a reason why the Raps won the division last year as anyone else, including Lowry. Dude plays solid defense, is a good weakside helper on defense, hits the mid range j, solid in the pick n roll. I'm honestly surprised that he's flying under the radar.

I think it's a combination of the stats (which are solid but not eye popping) and the locale he plays at (Raptor players have generally gotten less than deserved looks by a lot of folks IMO). But yeah I'm an Amir Johnson fan. He would be a good deal as a FA signing.
NOOB77
General Manager
And1: 3,288

Post#44 » by NOOB77 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:28 pm

Asik and Millsap. Don't we have about 26 mil of cap space? Or is that number off?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#45 » by GONYK » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:37 pm

god shammgod wrote:the sad reality is that there's very few players every year that are available and worth getting. players that will really make a difference. maybe go after hibbert if he plays well this year and opts out.

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#46 » by GONYK » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:41 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Hortford? Come on, what are we assembling the Latino DL All-Stars? We ALREADY have Calderon and Bargnani getting espresso while the Knicks pay them. He's a nice player but never lasts a full season anymore.

The Knicks would be STUPID to pursue any free agent in the foreseeable future. The market is just not good at all. It will raise the demands of marginal players....

The best hope is for the Knicks to pursue a trade and move the guys that they decided not to pick up the option...

I STILL say DeMarcus Cousins can be had...and a center at $13M per season is a steal. Lottery protected pick, Shumpert (because he ain't coming back unless he gets $9M per) expiring deal, plus one player.

The Kings don't like guys who are rough around the edges but in NYC we adore the hard nosed, physical guy who HATES the opposition. His numbers would double in the East.

LOVE DMC.
But if he's available I doubt we'd have the chips needed to get him as he's probably the best offensive center in the game (if not top three). He is signed long term there so I don't see him having any kind of leverage to force his way here.

He's not available. He was never really available. Definitely not for $13M.
MDDN48
Senior
And1: 165

Post#47 » by MDDN48 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:55 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Hortford? Come on, what are we assembling the Latino DL All-Stars? We ALREADY have Calderon and Bargnani getting espresso while the Knicks pay them. He's a nice player but never lasts a full season anymore.

The Knicks would be STUPID to pursue any free agent in the foreseeable future. The market is just not good at all. It will raise the demands of marginal players....

The best hope is for the Knicks to pursue a trade and move the guys that they decided not to pick up the option...

I STILL say DeMarcus Cousins can be had...and a center at $13M per season is a steal. Lottery protected pick, Shumpert (because he ain't coming back unless he gets $9M per) expiring deal, plus one player.

The Kings don't like guys who are rough around the edges but in NYC we adore the hard nosed, physical guy who HATES the opposition. His numbers would double in the East.

they look like they finally might make the playoffs, cousins isn't going anywhere.

Plus, after watching him over the summer playing in FIBA, seems like he's finally taken a step towards maturity.
"DARE TO BE GREAT"

COMPANY MERCH: http://jam3productions.bigcartel.com/
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#48 » by GONYK » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:07 pm

MDDN48 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

they look like they finally might make the playoffs, cousins isn't going anywhere.

Plus, after watching him over the summer playing in FIBA, seems like he's finally taken a step towards maturity.

Plus, he's the only player on that team that sells tickets, and they weren't moving him even if none of the above were true.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#49 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:24 pm

GONYK wrote:Plus, he's the only player on that team that sells tickets, and they weren't moving him even if none of the above were true.

Listen, I am TIRED of you ruining my dreams... :lol:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#50 » by GONYK » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
GONYK wrote:Plus, he's the only player on that team that sells tickets, and they weren't moving him even if none of the above were true.

Listen, I am TIRED of you ruining my dreams... :lol:

I'm fairly confident JR will be moved...if that helps :lol:
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#51 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:03 pm

we could win big if we are able to trade for kanter who seems out of favor in Utah. favors is looking good so my guess is he will stay. hardaway and Cole might be enough for ek. we will have holds on ek and iman we would need to clear more space
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,031

Post#52 » by mg » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Have to go strong after Marc Gasol in FA next summer. His brother is dominating in Chicago and Marc is the better, younger player at this point.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#53 » by Meat » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:we could win big if we are able to trade for kanter who seems out of favor in Utah. favors is looking good so my guess is he will stay. hardaway and Cole might be enough for ek. we will have holds on ek and iman we would need to clear more space

have you seen kanter play last year? he was the worst defensive center in the league
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#54 » by jwise44 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:54 pm

I hope yall get Asik. He's one of my favorite players

People say he has no offensive game but he is a seriously underrated passer

I would say I hope yall get milsap too but I'm holding out hope he may come to houston
riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

Post#55 » by riter » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:03 pm

jwise44 wrote:I hope yall get Asik. He's one of my favorite players

People say he has no offensive game but he is a seriously underrated passer

I would say I hope yall get milsap too but I'm holding out hope he may come to houston

can he hit that 15ft-18ft foul line extended high post jumper on a consistent basis?
Will he accept only a 3 year deal?

those are the only real questions in my mind about Asik
Since89
Bench Warmer
And1: 427

Post#56 » by Since89 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Asik and Millsap would be glorious
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#57 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:17 pm

NYKfan77 wrote:Asik and Millsap. Don't we have about 26 mil of cap space? Or is that number off?

Im not sure about that number and I think its depending on several factors like JR, the number we pick at {remember that higher picks cost more!} and what Shump's RFA cap hold is

If we do trade Smith but don't trade Shump and we pick around 10 then I don't think we have 26, closer to 20
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#58 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Since89 wrote:Asik and Millsap would be glorious

yeah, its about perfect actually
NOOB77
General Manager
And1: 3,288

Post#59 » by NOOB77 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:21 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
NYKfan77 wrote:Asik and Millsap. Don't we have about 26 mil of cap space? Or is that number off?

Im not sure about that number and I think its depending on several factors like JR, the number we pick at {remember that higher picks cost more!} and what Shump's RFA cap hold is

If we do trade Smith but don't trade Shump and we pick around 10 then I don't think we have 26, closer to 20

So no Shump and it should be around 24 or so.....That number would be close to what we need for Millsap and Asik I think. Both around 12 mil or so. That would be an interesting front line for the triangle....

Calderon
THjr
Melo
Millsap
Asik

Then with the bump in salary cap address the defensive in the back court.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#60 » by GONYK » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:23 pm

NYKfan77 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:

So no Shump and it should be around 24 or so.....That number would be close to what we need for Millsap and Asik I think. Both around 12 mil or so. That would be an interesting front line for the triangle....

Calderon
THjr
Melo
Millsap
Asik

Then with the bump in salary cap address the defensive in the back court.

I think you are lowballing Millsap big time.

He will definitely command more than that on the open market

Return to New York Knicks