ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Vs. Craptors PG...Well we tried.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,388

Re: Knicks Vs. Craptors PG...Well we tried. 

Post#361 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:30 pm

pkiskool wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
Flight33 wrote:
5-21.

Type it again.. that looks beautiful to me.

I'm sorry but tanking and getting a good pick won't turn your team around lol

Hmm, so tanking doesn't work, and apparently trading away picks for FA's doesn't work, and getting Phil Jackson to keep Dolan's head out of his ass doesn't work, so I guess it's all hopeless.

We turn to you, Craptor fan, for advice on how to keep hope alive through many years of having a sh*tty franchise. I mean, not like as Knick fans we don't know, but you guys seem to have a good handle on it, so fill us in.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,040

Post#362 » by god shammgod » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:32 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:There's nothing we can do in the next two years to makes this into a good enough team to be enticing to FA's. So instead of worrying about that, let's just start developing our core and deal with the other stuff when the time comes.

i don't think they can fix it. and what you're saying is fine. you're not dealing with reality though. that's not gonna happen and you know it. phil sold getting free agents here now he has to. the same way walsh had to and we ended up with amare. it's gonna fail most likely. when you try something like this every step has to be executed perfectly and we already see steps that have gone wrong. what can you do. hope for the best.

My biggest hope is that Phil (Mother **** Jackson Bitches) has enough clout to switch gears into the tank with Dolan. Sell him on the alternative. And maybe he already has. I mean, at a certain point Dolan has to move away from his "if plan A fails try Plan A" philosophy. Right? RIGHT?!?!?!

no. because the plan is to make money. you gotta sell the network to advertisers, to other cable companies, you gotta sell season ticket plans and luxury boxes. merch, food etc. and you gotta answer to the stockholders. this is a place full of diehards and after 1 bad month we're tuning out of a lot of games. they're gonna want this fixed by next year.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,194

Post#363 » by Capn'O » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:54 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
i don't think they can fix it. and what you're saying is fine. you're not dealing with reality though. that's not gonna happen and you know it. phil sold getting free agents here now he has to. the same way walsh had to and we ended up with amare. it's gonna fail most likely. when you try something like this every step has to be executed perfectly and we already see steps that have gone wrong. what can you do. hope for the best.

My biggest hope is that Phil (Mother **** Jackson Bitches) has enough clout to switch gears into the tank with Dolan. Sell him on the alternative. And maybe he already has. I mean, at a certain point Dolan has to move away from his "if plan A fails try Plan A" philosophy. Right? RIGHT?!?!?!

no. because the plan is to make money. you gotta sell the network to advertisers, to other cable companies, you gotta sell season ticket plans and luxury boxes. merch, food etc. and you gotta answer to the stockholders. this is a place full of diehards and after 1 bad month we're tuning out of a lot of games. they're gonna want this fixed by next year.

"Winning isn't integral to the strategy." That whole thing. Probably f*cked.

I think the fanbase could be sold on sucking properly though. I really do. I'd take a full upheaval 20 times out of 20 over the hoodwink strategy. Heck, the games are even more entertaining this year than last, imo. More competitive. Just more losses.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#364 » by pkiskool » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:57 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
pkiskool wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
Type it again.. that looks beautiful to me.

I'm sorry but tanking and getting a good pick won't turn your team around lol

Hmm, so tanking doesn't work, and apparently trading away picks for FA's doesn't work, and getting Phil Jackson to keep Dolan's head out of his ass doesn't work, so I guess it's all hopeless.

We turn to you, Craptor fan, for advice on how to keep hope alive through many years of having a sh*tty franchise. I mean, not like as Knick fans we don't know, but you guys seem to have a good handle on it, so fill us in.

Trade Melo to Lakers for Robert Sacre, Ryan Kelly, Ronnie Price and Boozer (and Boozer refuses to come).
We did something similar with Vince.
Wait patiently for Bargnani to develop.
We waited 7 years.
Start with that, I'll give you more tips some other day.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#365 » by Capn'O » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:58 pm

pkiskool wrote:Wait patiently for Bargnani to expire.

fify
BAF Clippers

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#366 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:08 pm

We suck like we haven't sucked in a while and the games are still sold out. This is just a Dolan excuse.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,331

Post#367 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I think the fanbase could be sold on sucking properly though. I really do. I'd take a full upheaval 20 times out of 20 over the hoodwink strategy. Heck, the games are even more entertaining this year than last, imo. More competitive. Just more losses.

we have sucked for the last 15 years or so. whats another few months? we will not be good either way.

Phil just needs to keep hoodwinkin Dolan, the advertisers, and the celebs for a few more months.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,688

Post#368 » by mpharris36 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:We suck like we haven't sucked in a while and the games are still sold out. This is just a Dolan excuse.

more so than tickets, ratings are huge, Advertisers pay a ton of money to be on MSG network. If people aren't watching the games the ratings will suck. And advertisers won't pay for a network that isn't being watched.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#369 » by Capn'O » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

we have sucked for the last 15 years or so. whats another few months? we will not be good either way.

Phil just needs to keep hoodwinkin Dolan, the advertisers, and the celebs for a few more months.

Yeah - that's what the PMFJB moniker is for. If he can't do it, nobody can. Keep that tank a' rollin' Phil!
BAF Clippers

jonazzz
Junior
And1: 542

Post#370 » by jonazzz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:34 pm

Knickstape was a legend during the nets/raptors series. why can't you peeps be just as cool, and you know... join the bandwaggon :D

And like one poster said " both teams won last night "
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,925

Post#371 » by JN » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:37 pm

Capn'O wrote:Something I've always wondered is whether Raptor fans ever sit back and wish they had drafted LaMarcus Aldridge instead of Bargs.

Our punishment was 7 years of negative play and a wasted first round pick. Heck we would have been better off drafting Adam Morrison and getting rid of the problem after 3 years. Getting the Knicks/Nuggest first round pick is nice but will never make up for the prolonged years of anguish.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#372 » by Capn'O » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:44 pm

JN wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Something I've always wondered is whether Raptor fans ever sit back and wish they had drafted LaMarcus Aldridge instead of Bargs.

Our punishment was 7 years of negative play and a wasted first round pick. Heck we would have been better off drafting Adam Morrison and getting rid of the problem after 3 years. Getting the Knicks/Nuggest first round pick is nice but will never make up for the prolonged years of anguish.

FYI - that post wasn't for the decent Raptor folk. Unfortunately, it's hard to parse through who is who ATM. A lot of real problems passing through.

No doubt. Unmitigated disaster for y'all. We've had our fair share of those, as well.
BAF Clippers

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#373 » by moocow007 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:41 pm

Stoudemire with 5 steals and diving all over the place? Can this be real?
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,464

Post#374 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:58 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Yeah - that's what the PMFJB moniker is for. If he can't do it, nobody can. Keep that tank a' rollin' Phil!

The moniker took a hit when that previously banned poster used it as his screen name.
VanDamme
Veteran
And1: 5,241

Post#375 » by VanDamme » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:05 pm

greenhughes wrote:
knicks85 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:Why are you still here?

...and don't come for ctorres. Us Knicks fans argue amongst ourselves. We don't need help from craptor fans.
yeah!! We all know greenie is batsh*t crazy but we don't need no stinkin craptor fan telling us...

Did you just call me crazy?

Has anyone ever told you that you look like Beyonce?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,040

Post#376 » by god shammgod » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:36 pm

moocow007 wrote:Stoudemire with 5 steals and diving all over the place? Can this be real?

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#377 » by KnicksGod » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:10 pm

pkiskool wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
pkiskool wrote:I'm sorry but tanking and getting a good pick won't turn your team around lol

Trade Melo to Lakers for Robert Sacre, Ryan Kelly, Ronnie Price and Boozer (and Boozer refuses to come).
We did something similar with Vince.
Wait patiently for Bargnani to develop.
We waited 7 years.
Start with that, I'll give you more tips some other day.

I like your sig because the core of the Raptors team that is having such good success was built by Bryan C, and the coach was hired by him too.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,009

Post#378 » by NYKinMIA » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:13 pm

I can't believe these craptor muthafuqas are still in here talking yang.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#379 » by Greenie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:06 am

VanDamme wrote:
greenhughes wrote:
knicks85 wrote:yeah!! We all know greenie is batsh*t crazy but we don't need no stinkin craptor fan telling us...

Did you just call me crazy?

Has anyone ever told you that you look like Beyonce?

Have I not told you to leave me alone?

I don't like Craptor fans.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#380 » by Greenie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:07 am

NYKinMIA wrote:I can't believe these craptor muthafuqas are still in here talking yang.

The game was yesterday and yet they are still here.

Return to New York Knicks