ImageImageImageImageImage

KNICKS vs Heat PG: Welcome Back Tank!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,464

Re: KNICKS vs Heat PG: Welcome Back Tank! 

Post#61 » by KnicksGod » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:48 am

Another nice one for Gallow. Early really struggling. Not a good sign.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#62 » by Carl_Karlson » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:59 am

:banghead: Silver's going to pull some strings and score us the 13th pick :banghead:
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#63 » by Sark » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:41 am

offense wrote:
Sark wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
- A top 3 Draft pick
- At least 1 or 2 FA signings
- Franchise player in Melo

That's a good formula to create an instant playoff team, especially in the east.

:lol:

you always hate melo lol.

I actually don't. I just know that he isn't a franchise player. Not anymore at least.
Sark
RealGM

Post#64 » by Sark » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:43 am

BigtimeNBAfan wrote:The role JR Smith has been asked to do in Cleveland is far different than what he was asked to do in NY. In NY he had to be the number two option, and he isn't good enough to be that. In Cleveland, he is just another one of the guys.

Can Phil Jackson sell free agents on the Knicks? That is the only real question. There is no rebuild. There is no player on the roster that will be a deciding factor on a playoff team since Melo has shut it down. It is all about the offseason.

JR was never the 2nd option here. He was asked to be the spark off the bench. If he had been asked to be the second option, he would've been a starter. 2nd options don't come off the bench.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#65 » by vallen » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:14 am

Sark wrote:
BigtimeNBAfan wrote:The role JR Smith has been asked to do in Cleveland is far different than what he was asked to do in NY. In NY he had to be the number two option, and he isn't good enough to be that. In Cleveland, he is just another one of the guys.

Can Phil Jackson sell free agents on the Knicks? That is the only real question. There is no rebuild. There is no player on the roster that will be a deciding factor on a playoff team since Melo has shut it down. It is all about the offseason.

JR was never the 2nd option here. He was asked to be the spark off the bench. If he had been asked to be the second option, he would've been a starter. 2nd options don't come off the bench.

they do when they play the second most minutes on the team. doesnt matter if you come off the bench when you play starter minutes. the year he won six man he played 34 mins a game, and probly shouldnt have been worthy of the award.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
Stoosh
Junior
And1: 190

Post#66 » by Stoosh » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:15 am

Cleanthony has been such a disappointment. He was touted as a possible 1st round talent but he's barely hanging with Galloway who went undrafted.
Sark
RealGM

Post#67 » by Sark » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:58 am

vallen wrote:
Sark wrote:

they do when they play the second most minutes on the team. doesnt matter if you come off the bench when you play starter minutes. the year he won six man he played 34 mins a game, and probly shouldnt have been worthy of the award.

Tell me which (good) teams put their second option on the bench? Does Westbrook come off the bench? Does Kyrie come off the bench? Do the Warriors put Klay on the bench so Steph can take all the first team shots?

If JR were truly the second option, then it tells how fcking dumb of an organization we are to put our second best scoring threat on the bench (I was always in favor of JR starting btw).
Knick Spaniard
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#68 » by Knick Spaniard » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:29 am

We should lose all games before our Western trip. Very important!
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#69 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:11 am

Capn'O wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:"We feel like we got the best player in the trade [Brandon Knight], coming or going," Phoenix general manager Ryan McDonough said a day after completing a three-way trade that most notably sent Dragic and his brother Zoran to the Miami Heat; the Suns netted Knight from the Milwaukee Bucks.

"Every move we make is with the goal of getting the Phoenix Suns to a championship level," McDonough said. "Sometimes, players view that as a good thing. I think they usually do. The good ones do. But, sometimes, players get a little selfish and are more worried about I, me and my than us, our and we."

In addition to the Dragics, the Suns in a separate deal shipped Thomas to the Boston Celtics. The flurry of moves at the trade deadline, along with the notion that the team's best player in Goran Dragic is gone, has forced the Phoenix front office to defend its moves.

"Our response to that, I think, is that Eric Bledsoe and Markieff Morris are still in Phoenix Suns uniforms," McDonough said.

"I feel a little ridiculous sitting up here kind of addressing the tone, some of the questions and the mood seems like we're 20 games below .500 and the season has been a disaster," McDonough added.

That guy is a schmuck. Jazz GM just thanked Enes Kanter for improving to the point where they could get a good package for him. You don't stoop to that crap as a GM.

It's already backfiring. Everyone covering the Suns is killing the organization right now, even their former players. There's a reason one of the nicest and most humble guys in the NBA pulled something like this 48 hours before the trade deadline.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#70 » by kingquan316 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:59 am

Carl_Karlson wrote::banghead: Silver's going to pull some strings and score us the 13th pick :banghead:

U either being sarcastic, or don't know how the draft lotto works.

I'm just gonna pick sarcastic.
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#71 » by Bklyn&company » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Bklyn&company wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
- A top 3 Draft pick
- At least 1 or 2 FA signings
- Franchise player in Melo

That's a good formula to create an instant playoff team, especially in the east.
i
LOL...No its not...especially when every eastern playoff team is improving.... reality is about to smack you in the faces!

And then what? Will you be vindicated? Would you like everyone to be grumpy? What's your end game? Wanna be right on the internet?

LOL....you mad? LOL...
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#72 » by Bklyn&company » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:17 pm

Sad thing is... like I have said many times, Galloway is going to prove to be our best back court player, maybe our best player not name Melo.. a shame... dude went undrafted!

Rooting for the kid.. Go Gallo

Hope Phil calls up a few more, aggressive and confident players from the Dleague, would have loved to see Qunicy Miller show Early how to do it...LOL
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#73 » by Sprewell4Three » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Galloway impressing once again. If he keeps improving, I wouldn't mind him starting. He plays both sides of the court.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,498

Post#74 » by j4remi » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Sark wrote:Tell me which (good) teams put their second option on the bench? Does Westbrook come off the bench? Does Kyrie come off the bench? Do the Warriors put Klay on the bench so Steph can take all the first team shots?

If JR were truly the second option, then it tells how fcking dumb of an organization we are to put our second best scoring threat on the bench (I was always in favor of JR starting btw).

Manu Ginobili is the only example I can think of off the top of my head, but yeah JR was the second option. He played starter minutes, got more FG's than anyone and if Melo wasn't playing than JR would be the go to guy.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,498

Post#75 » by j4remi » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:46 pm

Galloway and Tim Hardaway played well. Early needs time and experience to get his comfort level up, he's shown flashes before but consistency will take reps. The rest of the team...who cares?
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#76 » by Thorn » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:00 pm

j4remi wrote:Galloway and Tim Hardaway played well. Early needs time and experience to get his comfort level up, he's shown flashes before but consistency will take reps. The rest of the team...who cares?

Exactly this, I see him much the same as Evan Turner kid killed it in college, he took 2 years or so to adjust to the speed and pace of the NBA. Now he is beasting for Danny Ainge in green and white.

When you draft guys, you know based on who they are, where they are drafted, and where they have been there will be an adjustment period. YOU HOPE for the quickest possible adjustment to the NBA game, but you don't mind investing a couple of years. Any franchise worth its salt understands this and develops young players in this fashion as part of the overall health, wellness, and development plan with the long term plan for that franchise.

We had been very bad at this in the past, and I am hoping that has changed with Phil coming on board. He is a brilliant man.

THEY CAN TOUCH US IN OUR TANK!
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Re: 

Post#77 » by moocow007 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:53 pm

Red Vines wrote:Random thought: we have to be one of the physically weakest teams in the league.

Probably. Were definitely the least talented team now that Anthony is out.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,100

Post#78 » by sol537 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:57 pm

My hope is that THjr shows marked improvement so that we can trade him on draft day.

I love Gallo as a role-player. He's a keeper. Early needs time. Way too "early" to write him off. We need to bring in more youngsters for this stretch run to try guys out. Bring in Antikanoupo (sp?) from the Dleague and bring in Thomas Robinson and at least one more player from the D-league or who got bought out recently. Might as well use these last few games as an extended try out session.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager

Post#79 » by Sprewell4Three » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:09 pm

j4remi wrote:Galloway and Tim Hardaway played well. Early needs time and experience to get his comfort level up, he's shown flashes before but consistency will take reps. The rest of the team...who cares?

If Early hasn't shown anything by year 3 then I'd be worried. not all rookies come into the league guns blazing. Just look at Hassan Whiteside how long did it take him to develop into a serviceable player? Not saying Early will have the same impact but we will never know until we just let him develop.

Phil's 1st trade should not be judged until year 3. I don't understand why it's so hard to do that?
Sprewell4Three
General Manager

Post#80 » by Sprewell4Three » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:12 pm

sol537 wrote:My hope is that THjr shows marked improvement so that we can trade him on draft day.

I love Gallo as a role-player. He's a keeper. Early needs time. Way too "early" to write him off. We need to bring in more youngsters for this stretch run to try guys out. Bring in Antikanoupo (sp?) from the Dleague and bring in Thomas Robinson and at least one more player from the D-league or who got bought out recently. Might as well use these last few games as an extended try out session.

If THJR shows marked improvement why in the hell would you trade him? His defense is average but he can be a spark off the bench next year.

Return to New York Knicks