ImageImageImageImageImage

Pathetic PG - KNICKS vs. Boston

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,687

Re: Pathetic PG - KNICKS vs. Boston 

Post#101 » by mpharris36 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:In regard to Calderon --- I really really believe this is the team telling Jose to just take the rest of the season off --- get your body right and lets make sure we keep this tank rolling.

For every strategic TANK move by Sixers -- Phil counters with a Knicks TANK move ---- waiting for Phils next book --- "The art of the tank".

I don't think Calderon misses the rest of the season. That just wouldn't make any sense. He might rest a week or so but there are still 25 games left. Doubt we have him sit the rest of the year when we are already undermanned.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Retired_Doc
Analyst
And1: 367

Post#102 » by Retired_Doc » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:56 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Retired_Doc wrote:
You had a really nice, informative write-up going there until you hit Fisher. Are you forgetting something? We DON'T WANT to win!!! Are you not aware of that yet?

Why should Fisher send out the right players in order to win? For what reason? You don't think Phil has already instructed Fisher to LOSE?? I sure do.

I well aware we don't want to win, but Fisher isn't throwing games. We have built enough of a poor roster to just play out the season the right way and we still should end up with the best chance at the #1 pick.

Fisher still should be coaching to the best of his abilities. It would by asinine to believe he was deliberately throwing games.

Now I am all for giving the young guys the most playing time, I am actually for it very much. But I don't agree with intentionally putting a lineup out there that will not perform. That isn't the coaches job. It's the GM job to tank, and phil has done that.

---

I completely disagree with you. With sooo much at stake (a great draft pick) it is EVERYONE'S responsibility to tank. Fisher's job is to make sure we lose virtually every single game left in this miserable season.

And why would you say "I don't agree with intentionally putting a lineup out there that will not perform?" Say what??? :o :o As I said we MUST lose these games, period. That is the goal. That is the bottom line. I do not want to win one more game this entire season.

We are all suffering. Let's suffer for a purpose (a great pick).
Tanking again, I suppose. Is there any other way?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#103 » by mpharris36 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:03 pm

Retired_Doc wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Retired_Doc wrote:
You had a really nice, informative write-up going there until you hit Fisher. Are you forgetting something? We DON'T WANT to win!!! Are you not aware of that yet?

Why should Fisher send out the right players in order to win? For what reason? You don't think Phil has already instructed Fisher to LOSE?? I sure do.

I well aware we don't want to win, but Fisher isn't throwing games. We have built enough of a poor roster to just play out the season the right way and we still should end up with the best chance at the #1 pick.

Fisher still should be coaching to the best of his abilities. It would by asinine to believe he was deliberately throwing games.

Now I am all for giving the young guys the most playing time, I am actually for it very much. But I don't agree with intentionally putting a lineup out there that will not perform. That isn't the coaches job. It's the GM job to tank, and phil has done that.

---

I completely disagree with you. With sooo much at stake (a great draft pick) it is EVERYONE'S responsibility to tank. Fisher's job is to make sure we lose virtually every single game left in this miserable season.

And why would you say "I don't agree with intentionally putting a lineup out there that will not perform?" Say what??? :o :o As I said we MUST lose these games, period. That is the goal. That is the bottom line. I do not want to win one more game this entire season.

we are losing these games, I am not sure why you are getting you pants in a bunch. I am not asking for the knicks to win. I have been pro tank since the beginning of the season went south. I am telling you straight up Fisher isn't throwing these games.

You want your team to play hard and compete, you just don't want them to lie down a lose by 30. Losing is still the best thing this team can do and they are by far the best at doing it. They don't have a lot of talent.

If Fisher was trying to throw games he wouldn't be playing Galloway 40 minutes, as there best player. The knicks are going to regardless of who they play they are just that bad. But a coach/players don't intentionally throw games. If you think that you haven't played much competitive sports.

Phil made the trades so that we would lose more games this year and free up more cap space. That is the tanking move. Fisher still needs to coach these guys and get some of the young guys to improve.

We are by far the least talented team regardless, we can lose and try hard too. They aren't mutually exclusive things.

Also if the sixers get to 15 wins all we would need to do is get less so no we don't need to lose every game. A couple nice hard earned wins with our young players playing well isn't going to change the tank.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#104 » by mpharris36 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:07 pm

you can still lose and have player development.

ROSTER

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#105 » by j4remi » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 pm

There's such a lack of talent that Fisher should be trying his hardest to win, as should the players because it won't hurt us. We still won't win and the players and coach will both be better for it when they move into winning mode a year from now. Fisher won't learn losing on purpose and the guys on this roster won't develop or learn important skills if they're throwing games. I think our tank is secure enough not to worry about purposely losing, we're that bad.

So I agree, suffer for a purpose, but I just don't think we need to worry about winning too many games because these guys are trying hard.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#106 » by Bklyn&company » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:22 pm

Just got to say Gallo the man.. not the most talented but he always plays hard and smart... shame on the rest of the team having an Undrafted D-League rookie out play them all....

I really hope Phil sign a D-Leaguer or two.. guys that are hungry and will play for their basketball lives... we know what this bunch can do already most of them have been here all year... time for some new "tryout" blood... Elliot Williams?, Vander Blue?, Seth Curry?, Willie Reed?, Andre Emmett? With Larkin Sick and Jose "no defense" Calderon hurt.... to close out the season a Galloway/ Elliot Williams back court would be nice. Lets Go Phil!
offense
RealGM
And1: 4,361

Post#107 » by offense » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:14 am

Bklyn&company wrote:Just got to say Gallo the man.. not the most talented but he always plays hard and smart... shame on the rest of the team having an Undrafted D-League rookie out play them all....

I really hope Phil sign a D-Leaguer or two.. guys that are hungry and will play for their basketball lives... we know what this bunch can do already most of them have been here all year... time for some new "tryout" blood... Elliot Williams?, Vander Blue?, Seth Curry?, Willie Reed?, Andre Emmett? With Larkin Sick and Jose "no defense" Calderon hurt.... to close out the season a Galloway/ Elliot Williams back court would be nice. Lets Go Phil!

There are a few other who give effort as well and not just gallo. Lou,Lance and smith.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#108 » by BallSacBounce » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:27 am

kingquan316 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/HerringWSJ/status/570778354384809984[/tweet]

Imagine if Melo didn't play all season :o

We're gonna be 0-34 to close out the season! :-?
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#109 » by BallSacBounce » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:31 am

Workforce250 wrote:
offense wrote:Nothing stops us Image

Cleanthony finally got minutes 23 and did well. told yall all he needed was minutes.

Also Bargs showed some good flashes.

Thank God for THAT.

I was beginning to wonder about him.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#110 » by Worst_to_First » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:44 am

BallSacBounce wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/HerringWSJ/status/570778354384809984[/tweet]

Imagine if Melo didn't play all season :o

We're gonna be 0-34 to close out the season! :-?

We play Philly two more times this season and I am worried as to what depths Hinkie will go for them to lose those. Might be safe to assume that we split those games.
Retired_Doc
Analyst

Post#111 » by Retired_Doc » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:06 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Retired_Doc wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

---

we are losing these games, I am not sure why you are getting you pants in a bunch. I am not asking for the knicks to win. I have been pro tank since the beginning of the season went south. I am telling you straight up Fisher isn't throwing these games.

You want your team to play hard and compete, you just don't want them to lie down a lose by 30. Losing is still the best thing this team can do and they are by far the best at doing it. They don't have a lot of talent.

If Fisher was trying to throw games he wouldn't be playing Galloway 40 minutes, as there best player. The knicks are going to regardless of who they play they are just that bad. But a coach/players don't intentionally throw games. If you think that you haven't played much competitive sports.

Phil made the trades so that we would lose more games this year and free up more cap space. That is the tanking move. Fisher still needs to coach these guys and get some of the young guys to improve.

We are by far the least talented team regardless, we can lose and try hard too. They aren't mutually exclusive things.

Also if the sixers get to 15 wins all we would need to do is get less so no we don't need to lose every game. A couple nice hard earned wins with our young players playing well isn't going to change the tank.

---

Whoa! Hold on there. Neither you, nor me, nor anyone else can be certain the Sixers will get to 15 wins!!

So no, sorry, I don't want the Knicks to get a "couple nice hard-earned wins." I don't want ANY Knick wins unless it's the end of the season and we have already mathematically earned the worst record in the league thus giving us the very best odds of choosing first, and of course, picking no worse than fourth.
The Infamous1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,024

Post#112 » by The Infamous1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:57 am

We're playing garbage time guys in our rotation
We can get paper longer than Pippens arms
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#113 » by mpharris36 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Retired_Doc wrote:
---

Whoa! Hold on there. Neither you, nor me, nor anyone else can be certain the Sixers will get to 15 wins!!

So no, sorry, I don't want the Knicks to get a "couple nice hard-earned wins." I don't want ANY Knick wins unless it's the end of the season and we have already mathematically earned the worst record in the league thus giving us the very best odds of choosing first, and of course, picking no worse than fourth.

who has said anything different. I just would like to see the team be somewhat competitive in games. I want losses just as much as you do, so I fail to see your point. We also need some of these guys to start developing as players because some of these guys will have to be in our rotation next year.

Now I want the #1 spot in the tank standings I was just being realistic. We aren't going to go on a 30 game losing streak. So you better deal with a couple of wins. The sixers will win a couple games to. We aren't going 0-34 to end the season so I don't know what you are arguing. We both want the #1 spot in the tank. The knicks don't have enough talent to win games on almost every night but that doesn't mean you throw the game and not try!

ROSTER

Retired_Doc
Analyst

Post#114 » by Retired_Doc » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:17 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Retired_Doc wrote:
---

who has said anything different. I just would like to see the team be somewhat competitive in games. I want losses just as much as you do, so I fail to see your point. We also need some of these guys to start developing as players because some of these guys will have to be in our rotation next year.

Now I want the #1 spot in the tank standings I was just being realistic. We aren't going to go on a 30 game losing streak. So you better deal with a couple of wins. The sixers will win a couple games to. We aren't going 0-34 to end the season so I don't know what you are arguing. We both want the #1 spot in the tank. The knicks don't have enough talent to win games on almost every night but that doesn't mean you throw the game and not try!

I think the difference between you, Mr. Harris, and me is that I want 100% certainty of having the worst record in the league. You are more of a gambler than me. I don't wanna "miss the boat" by one lousy game. Isn't that kinda the way we lost out on Steph Curry?

You just said: "The Knicks don't have the talent to win games on almost every night......." The operative word in your statement is ALMOST. By using the word "almost" you are indicating that we could win on "some" nights. YIKES! That's just want I DON'T want! I don't want to risk our entire future by playing close games that we might then win by accident. I don't even want any games close.

IF I was Phil Jackson I would say to Fisher "Listen, I know this goes against our respective grains, BUT we gotta look at the future. I want THE worst record! Right now we have that. Do NOT screw it up. I don't care how you do it, but do NOT even consider putting us into a close ballgame that we might win. LOSE Derrick, just lose! And don't give me a heart attack by making any games close. The way you did it against Boston the other nite was fine. We were up by one at the half, then completely fell apart after that. Good job. Do it again."
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#115 » by mpharris36 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Retired_Doc wrote:
I think the difference between you, Mr. Harris, and me is that I want 100% certainty of having the worst record in the league. You are more of a gambler than me. I don't wanna "miss the boat" by one lousy game. Isn't that kinda the way we lost out on Steph Curry?

You just said: "The Knicks don't have the talent to win games on almost every night......." The operative word in your statement is ALMOST. By using the word "almost" you are indicating that we could win on "some" nights. YIKES! That's just want I DON'T want! I don't want to risk our entire future by playing close games that we might then win by accident. I don't even want any games close.

IF I was Phil Jackson I would say to Fisher "Listen, I know this goes against our respective grains, BUT we gotta look at the future. I want THE worst record! Right now we have that. Do NOT screw it up. I don't care how you do it, but do NOT even consider putting us into a close ballgame that we might win. LOSE Derrick, just lose! And don't give me a heart attack by making any games close. The way you did it against Boston the other nite was fine. We were up by one at the half, then completely fell apart after that. Good job. Do it again."

the only night the knicks might the same level of talent then there opponent is the sixers. Every other night they are undermanned.

And if it comes down to the last few games and we 100% need to lose to sure up the #1 seed I am 100% with you. Make sure we get the #1 seed.

With 26 games left I would still like to see the team play some level of competitive ball. I don't think that would ruin the tank we are 2 games ahead of the sixers and Minnesota and the lakers are pulling away and we wont catch them.

ROSTER

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#116 » by j4remi » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:32 pm

If Fisher wants to lose the game, he can go to Gallo and Early in crunch time and let them try to learn how to close out games. They'll probably have some struggles (we've seen it with Galloway before in these high pressure cases) but they'll be learning. The team likely loses, but at the same time those guys get to learn some lessons. Making in-game adjustments in close games shouldn't be ignored for the sake of losing, Fish needs to learn as well.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#117 » by Mr_Perfect » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:38 pm

If we get more than 2-3 wins the rest of the way then we will lose the tank battle.

We have to stay on track.

Hopefully Calderon shuts it down too.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#118 » by mpharris36 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Mr_Perfect wrote:If we get more than 2-3 wins the rest of the way then we will lose the tank battle.

the absolute worst we finish is two in the tank standings and that assumes phili doesn't win anymore games, which I think they will.

Philly has Isiah Canann, Thomas Robinson, Robert Covington, Noel, Jerami Grant, even mbah a moute is a more astablished player than most knicks.

Outside for Calderon (who is now hurt) and Jason Smith who isn't even better than most of the guys above. The sixers have more talent. We will be fine. Look at our schedule and you tell me where you see wins coming from?

@Detroit
Toronto
Sacremento
Indy back 2 back

then we go on a 5 game west coast trip (some not so great teams but west coast trips are never easy).

ROSTER

VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#119 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Mr_Perfect wrote:If we get more than 2-3 wins the rest of the way then we will lose the tank battle.

I can't see the Knicks not winning at least 5 more games. Going 5-21 or even 6-20 in the remainder of the season.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#120 » by mpharris36 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:47 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:

I can't see the Knicks not winning at least 5 more games. Going 5-21 or even 6-20 in the remainder of the season.

they haven't one a single game without Melo. 0-15 I think. What makes you think they can have a 24% winning percentage to end the season when they have had 18% winning percentage all year with Melo playing in a majority of the games.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks