ImageImageImageImageImage

Get ready for this name Mario Hezonja

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Re: Get ready for this name Mario Hezonja 

Post#41 » by Kenyon009 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:38 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:I never said that free agents would want to come here just because it's in New York, but Derozan? For a top pick? Check out his shooting percentages...he sucks.

He's one of the best players on one of the best teams in the East. Check that again.

He's good but you don't trade a top 4 pick for him. if some team offered their top 4 pick this year for him Uriji wouldn't hesistate

A proven player on a great contract especially when he's relatively young and known as a hard worker is a lot better than a 4th overall pick in a bad draft. DeRozan also fits the triangle as well with his good post up/Kobe-like game. If the Knicks end up with the 4th overall pick I would rather have DeRozan than Mudiay or Stein.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,975

Post#42 » by DaGawd » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:40 am

Kenyon009 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:He's one of the best players on one of the best teams in the East. Check that again.

He's good but you don't trade a top 4 pick for him. if some team offered their top 4 pick this year for him Uriji wouldn't hesistate

A proven player on a great contract especially when he's relatively young and known as a hard worker is a lot better than a 4th overall pick in a bad draft. DeRozan also fits the triangle as well with his good post up/Kobe-like game. If the Knicks end up with the 4th overall pick I would rather have DeRozan than Mudiay or Stein.

Derozan is ass
BaF
Washington Wizards
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#43 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:00 am

Kenyon009 wrote:If it ends being a fourth overall pick I would trade it for a proved player to put beside Anthony. Maybe the raptors would give up Derozan, their pick, and the pick swap with Denver next year for the 3rd or 4th. That be a good deal it would allow a retool. Anthony, Derozan, and let's say Deandre Jordan would be able to get a playoff spot next season. Add in a few picks and vets I could see the team going pretty far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm reporting this post for offensive content.
Kenyon009
Banned User

Post#44 » by Kenyon009 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:31 am

DaGawd wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Derozan is ass

Is it because he's on a winning team? I wonder what that makes the players on the Knicks. :lol:
Kenyon009
Banned User

Post#45 » by Kenyon009 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:33 am

greenhughes wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:If it ends being a fourth overall pick I would trade it for a proved player to put beside Anthony. Maybe the raptors would give up Derozan, their pick, and the pick swap with Denver next year for the 3rd or 4th. That be a good deal it would allow a retool. Anthony, Derozan, and let's say Deandre Jordan would be able to get a playoff spot next season. Add in a few picks and vets I could see the team going pretty far.

So two picks and an all star, also one of the best shooting guards in the East. Isn't worth a 4th overall pick in a bad draft. Ok.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#46 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:28 am

Why is this Raps fan trying to sell us their trash? Go back north.
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#47 » by DickGrayson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:48 am

I agree. DeRozan is extremely overrated. Raptors are enjoying their treadmill success. They'll be a lottery team again in 3 years.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#48 » by gavran » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Kenyon009 wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:

Derozan sucks!!! U want the Knicks to give the Craptors another pick?

DeRozan's a pretty young player. He's a hard worker and a good leader. Jackson and Fisher need to establish a good culture in NY before anything else. If players are playing hard and practicing hard other FAs will wanna come here. If you think FAs will come to NY just cos it's NY you're in for a rude awakening.

No, he is not. He is 26, and has been in the legue since 2009. He is a finished product, whose main skill is not really impressive, especially not next to Melo.
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Post#49 » by Juggynaut » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:57 pm

This draft isn't bad, I like it more than the 2014 draft.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,180

Post#50 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:04 pm

gavran wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Derozan sucks!!! U want the Knicks to give the Craptors another pick?

DeRozan's a pretty young player. He's a hard worker and a good leader. Jackson and Fisher need to establish a good culture in NY before anything else. If players are playing hard and practicing hard other FAs will wanna come here. If you think FAs will come to NY just cos it's NY you're in for a rude awakening.

No, he is not. He is 26, and has been in the legue since 2009. He is a finished product, whose main skill is not really impressive, especially not next to Melo.

Exactly. I'd also rather have a cheap player + 2 FAs over DeRozan + FA. Also, we all saw how Rudy Gay worked with DeRozan.

Yep, he's trash.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#51 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Kenyon009 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:

So two picks and an all star, also one of the best shooting guards in the East. Isn't worth a 4th overall pick in a bad draft. Ok.

I've visited the Raptors forum and a considerable number of their fans want to ship Derozan out of their team. And I don't know why you are labeling this incoming crop of players as a bad draft. Some analysts are even calling this batch a better draft than the 2014 class, which was heavily hyped.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#52 » by E-Balla » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:17 pm

I swear we just got rid of JR Smith. Why pick up the Barcelona JR? He can't get to the line, he's constantly going into iso chuck mode and he doesn't seem to care about winning. And he's not even in the league yet. Even guys like Bargs cared before making the league.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#53 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Kenyon009 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:

Try posting this trade offer at the Raptors forum. I won't be surprised if you see them jumping at the offer. This trade will get them additional ammunition to sweeten their pot if they ask for Wiggins from the TWolves.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Post#54 » by bleedblue3303 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Derozan makes me nuts we could have had him instead of our wonderful Jordan Hill pick.

One of the worst picks for us ever! I would have even been happy taking Braden Jennings ahead of Hill. But thought Derozan was great for that pick
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,137

Post#55 » by Tron Carter » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Kenyon009 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:A proven player on a great contract especially when he's relatively young and known as a hard worker is a lot better than a 4th overall pick in a bad draft. DeRozan also fits the triangle as well with his good post up/Kobe-like game. If the Knicks end up with the 4th overall pick I would rather have DeRozan than Mudiay or Stein.

Derozan is ass

Is it because he's on a winning team? I wonder what that makes the players on the Knicks. :lol:

R.I.P Black Mamba
Kenyon009
Banned User

Post#56 » by Kenyon009 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:35 pm

gavran wrote:No, he is not. He is 26, and has been in the legue since 2009. He is a finished product, whose main skill is not really impressive, especially not next to Melo.

So 26 is considered old now? :lol: He's improved and added something to his game every year since he's been in the league and he's an ironman. He's one of the league's best at getting to the line that's a pretty useful skill.
Kenyon009
Banned User

Post#57 » by Kenyon009 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:39 pm

knicksh20b wrote:
gavran wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:DeRozan's a pretty young player. He's a hard worker and a good leader. Jackson and Fisher need to establish a good culture in NY before anything else. If players are playing hard and practicing hard other FAs will wanna come here. If you think FAs will come to NY just cos it's NY you're in for a rude awakening.

Exactly. I'd also rather have a cheap player + 2 FAs over DeRozan + FA. Also, we all saw how Rudy Gay worked with DeRozan.

Yep, he's trash.

Quality over quantity. No good players are going to come to a team full of bad players and Melo. DeRozan has a good rep in the league and it would probably make NY a better place to be. The Gay and DeRozan combo was bad because of the system they were in DeRozan is made for the triangle he and Kobe have a similar type of game. Watch tonight's game and you'll see.
Kenyon009
Banned User

Post#58 » by Kenyon009 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:41 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Derozan is ass

I could show a million more highlights of him taking over and destroying other defenses. Are you serious?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tFTGXOvz-A[/youtube]
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#59 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Derozan being an all-star probably shows just how weak the guard position is overall in the east currently. but anyway that proposal is trash.

No team in right mind trades a top pick with franchise talent perceived for an average guard, mid round pick and a swap pick they'd likely end up keeping.

Derozan is a shooting guard who seriously need to stop shooting.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#60 » by dakomish23 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Kenyon009 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:He's one of the best players on one of the best teams in the East. Check that again.

I don't even know what to say after you compared Derozan to the 2nd greatest shooting guard of all time. Derozan is a fringe top 5 SG rt now and you're comparing to one of the top 10 players of all time. This Raptors fandom has got you twisted.

Also, he's on that "great" contract for one more year is about to take Ujiri to the cleaners. In the new CBA Derozan will get 15-18 mil
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks