ImageImageImageImageImage

Get ready for this name Mario Hezonja

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Re: Get ready for this name Mario Hezonja 

Post#81 » by Bill Pidto » Thu Apr 2, 2015 12:06 am

bleedblue3303 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9R05d01sRE[/youtube]

sorry hit quotes instead of youtube. here is video. I know its just highlights. But wow!

I remember seeing videos just like this of Danilo Gallinari dominating his league at a young age.

This guy Mario cleary has some talent, but is he a better prospect than Gallo was in 2008? Would love to see one of our resident Euro-ball experts weigh in on that.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#82 » by Worst_to_First » Thu Apr 2, 2015 3:23 am

Bill Pidto wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9R05d01sRE[/youtube]

sorry hit quotes instead of youtube. here is video. I know its just highlights. But wow!

I remember seeing videos just like this of Danilo Gallinari dominating his league at a young age.

This guy Mario cleary has some talent, but is he a better prospect than Gallo was in 2008? Would love to see one of our resident Euro-ball experts weigh in on that.

I remember watching and re-watching videos of Gallinari when we drafted him to convince myself he was the right choice over guys like Eric Gordon and Brook Lopez. :lol:

This gives me flashbacks especially as Hezonja has the same #8 as Gallo. Came away more impressed with Hezonja though. Movement seems better and crisper. I'm confident his game can translate in the NBA.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#83 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 3:32 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:

I remember watching and re-watching videos of Gallinari when we drafted him to convince myself he was the right choice over guys like Eric Gordon and Brook Lopez. :lol:

This gives me flashbacks especially as Hezonja has the same #8 as Gallo. Came away more impressed with Hezonja though. Movement seems better and crisper. I'm confident his game can translate in the NBA.

I would take a healthy Gallinari over a healthy BroPez to this day. Might take Wilson too over them (not the same draft, but still)
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#84 » by Kenyon009 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 8:12 am

If the Knicks could trade down from let's say four to eight for this guy while gaining another pick and dumping Calderon. I might actually be inclined to do it. He looks like he'll be a really good two guard and it's a weak position in the NBA so it be nice to have someone with his skillset. The extra cap space could also help get more talented players and aid in rebuilding around Anthony while also staying somewhat young for the post melo era.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Post#85 » by bleedblue3303 » Mon Apr 6, 2015 4:37 pm

The shot looks pretty nice! Super Mario! BINGO BINGO!! Are you sure he's not the best player in this draft?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNoc1RMl4Yo[/youtube]
Starks
Veteran
And1: 408

Post#86 » by Starks » Mon Apr 6, 2015 5:29 pm

-Looked disconnected mentally from his teammates, and from the game in general.
-Struggles operating within a team concept. Only really looks comfortable in isolation
-Goes too many possessions where he dribbles the ball incessantly and then settles for a contested pull-up jumper
-Struggles defensively off the ball. Shows poor awareness

Haha, no thanks.
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#87 » by frogfood » Mon Apr 6, 2015 5:36 pm

Starks wrote:
-Struggles operating within a team concept. Only really looks comfortable in isolation
-Goes too many possessions where he dribbles the ball incessantly and then settles for a contested pull-up jumper

Haha, no thanks.

What's Melo got to do with this?
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#88 » by Sark » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:25 am

Definitely get ready.
melomax
Banned User
And1: 566

Post#89 » by melomax » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:28 am

explosive leaper
quick high point release

definitely has skills to play in the nba.
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#90 » by Bklyn&company » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:31 am

Mario is good. He is a SG and not Gallo, who never had the athletic ability that Mario has...

No comparison....

Im taking, Mario H, Mudiay, J.Grant all before Winslow..
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,928

Post#91 » by islanders11040 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:58 am

I take Winslow over Mario no question
god4gives
Banned User
And1: 192

Post#92 » by god4gives » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:23 am

they will let this thread rock but if it's about kaminsky it gets locked, hypocritical mods.
Knick Spaniard
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#93 » by Knick Spaniard » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:43 am

Bill Pidto wrote:

Excuse me guys but Gallinari played in italy and Mario is playing in Spain, and Spanish League is pretty stronger than the Italian one.

As i said Winslow is better than Mario, but Mario is better than Kaminsky. Hezonja is struggling in some things(he is improving a lot through last months), yes, but he is already a pro and he is getting experience in the Euroleague, the second strongest league in the world after the NBA.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#94 » by kingquan316 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:51 am

The mere fact that we are even having this thread about possibly picking this player makes me depress.

If he ends up being a Knick, I will root for him. But do I honestly believe that he can be an all star, and possibly franchise player, something this team desperately needs. **** no.
Stoosh
Junior
And1: 190

Post#95 » by Stoosh » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:56 am

frogfood wrote:
Starks wrote:

Haha, no thanks.

What's Melo got to do with this?

:lol: :lol:
Knick Spaniard
Freshman

Post#96 » by Knick Spaniard » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:56 am

Oh and the boy wants to win desesperately every game like a war.

In that way the fans would love him.

Last Sunday, Barcelona lost against Real Madrid and being asked after the game on the TV he said that it was a disgrace, a shame....always really ****, with 19 years, being the rookie of the team and playing with people who already was playing when he was born and earning a lot money than him. He doesn't care.

Here will be loved because he's got big passion for the game.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#97 » by Dantares » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Knick Spaniard wrote:Oh and the boy wants to win desesperately every game like a war.

Last Sunday, Barcelona lost against Real Madrid and being asked after the game on the TV he said that it was a disgrace, a shame....always really ****, with 19 years, being the rookie of the team and playing with people who already was playing when he was born and earning a lot money than him. He doesn't care.

do you believe that Hezonja has the work ethic and potential to become an all-star in the NBA?
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#98 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:17 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:

I would take a healthy Gallinari over a healthy BroPez to this day. Might take Wilson too over them (not the same draft, but still)

Agreed. Gallo was a very SPECIAL player. If he hadn't hurt his back, he would have been a perennial all star imo. He was looking great and then Boom. :banghead:

Anyway, I'll trust the Universe helping NY to turn things around and decrease the City's pain.
Knick Spaniard
Freshman

Post#99 » by Knick Spaniard » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:18 am

Dantares wrote:
Knick Spaniard wrote:Oh and the boy wants to win desesperately every game like a war.

do you believe that Hezonja has the work ethic and potential to become an all-star in the NBA?

No idea sincerely but Antetokoumpko was playing two years ago in the Greek 2nd division and look at him today, but Mario has the character, the tools and the passion.
I'm sure about one thing, he would go over NY media, the pression and the fans would love him because he's brave. :wink:
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#100 » by TheBigBoss » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:58 am

I would consider trading down for Hezonja while shedding Calderon's contract. Hezonja to the Knicks would be like Spree to the Knicks, the garden would go nuts!

Return to New York Knicks