ImageImageImageImageImage

So do you still think Fisher is a bad coach?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Re: So do you still think Fisher is a bad coach? 

Post#21 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:24 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Ron Mexico wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:why would you make the assumption that other people thought he was a bad coach?

You're speaking about yourself here

no, he has a bad team and made some rookie mistakes early on
plus he adjusted his starting lineup too much and didn't get anything out of Hardaway

but I think the verdict is very much out on him still

Im happy to give him the benefit of the doubt

nah, i read a lot of PG threads this season. people are hiding now, but fisher caught a lot of blame for the losing. then he became the tank hero. now that his bums have won a couple at an admittedly inconvenient time, he's a goat again to some.

how many times did people imply that the difference between us and GS is fisher and kerr? it happened quite a bit.

just because people are dumb or said dumb things doesn't make that a consensus opinion

anyone who thought the difference between the Knicks and GSW was coaching is/was a moron

oh, agreed. we don't consensus anything around here. :lol: but i can understand how the OP maybe felt something in the climate.

like now, the loudest voices seem to be angry about recent wins. it may not be the consensus opinion, but when you think about this time, it would be easy to see how that opinion would color your perspective.

but i agree. it's silly to extrapolate on such notions.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#22 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Meat wrote:after these last 2 wins? more than ever, or at the very least a dumb son of a bitch

he has no control on the team.
start of the season was disaster.

we won yesterday just because good shooting. 6/6 3pt from galloway :banghead:
fisher should let those 2 wins. minnesota resting all their key players. we can reduce minutes of starters.

cole aldrich is -18 in 9minutes. he should've play 20 minutes then we would lose.

last 2 wins doesnt mean much. we'll see fisher's value next year. we can get better with new players. i hope fisher plays melo pf.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#23 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Players have grasped the system, thats a good reflection on the coach. The coach has told players to not put emphasis on guarding the three, thats not a good reflection on the coach. The coach has had an awful roster all season long, thats not a indictment on the coach.

There's more but overall even though I'd rather have someone else, I cant say he's good or bad. he has good moments and some bad ones.If the team is improved in the offseason and they still suck, then he should be judged accordingly
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#24 » by malik959 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:24 pm

I knew from the beginning that he was going into a bad situation with nothing but hard headed scrubs. Now those players went to good teams so now they're just glorified scrubs. To me Fisher has done an excellent job with the players he's inherited and I feel he and his staff would work wonders with Okafor or Towns. Can't wait till this is all over and May 19 needs to hurry up.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#25 » by Sark » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:02 pm

Still? After winning meaningless games at the end of the season, I've never been more sure. He should be fired for the record we have, and if we don't land a good pick, his firing will come sooner than you think.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#26 » by j4remi » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:21 pm

I gave him a mulligan given the injuries combined with lack of depth. I like that once he got players who were willing to listen, the system began to really show something. I don't like some of his substitution patterns and X's and O's. For now, I'll still have to wait and judge, but I do think he's gotten better with experience and shown some promise.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo

Return to New York Knicks