ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Wall out for playoffs?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

iLovethosedamnknicks
Rookie
And1: 221

Re: OT: Wall out for playoffs? 

Post#21 » by iLovethosedamnknicks » Fri May 8, 2015 4:06 pm

R-DAWG wrote:At least he didn't punch the fire extinguisher.

:noway: :noway:
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#22 » by R-DAWG » Fri May 8, 2015 9:02 pm

stopstandthere wrote:Injury is part of the sport.. sadly. If Ewing was not injured in 1999, would we win a chip?

Get well, Wall. Join the Knicks someday?

You hate the what if's, but if I could change 1 thing in Knicks history (besides the sale to Dolan/Cablevision) it would be to have Ewing play in the 1999 Finals. I don't know if we would have won, but I know the big fella would have given everything he had and left it all on the court. I miss having a warrior like that on our team. Actually, my bad, we have a warrior as Carmelo proved by playing in the all-star game
capwolf
Bench Warmer
And1: 216

Post#23 » by capwolf » Fri May 8, 2015 9:40 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:I predict John Wall will be Gilbert Arenas 2.0, minus the urge to take steamy dumps in teammates' sneakers. He'll always be considered reeeeaaalllllly talented but never complete enough to carry a team all the way (be it because of injury, or just Washington being snake bitten).

Outside of having a jumper, I'd say wall is a pretty damn complete player. He's athletic, a great playmaker, maybe the best defensive point guard in the league, and can rebound fairly well.

Right! Gilbert Arenas.

GIlbert Arenas was fantastic when he was healthy, and John Wall is everything he was cracked up to be. He's carrying his team right now, how can you say he will never be able to do it?
The hate is strong in this one.
Madgrinch knows more about basketball than me......
F'ing sig bets smh.......
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#24 » by 2010 » Fri May 8, 2015 9:48 pm

R-DAWG wrote:
stopstandthere wrote:Injury is part of the sport.. sadly. If Ewing was not injured in 1999, would we win a chip?

You hate the what if's, but if I could change 1 thing in Knicks history (besides the sale to Dolan/Cablevision) it would be to have Ewing play in the 1999 Finals. I don't know if we would have won, but I know the big fella would have given everything he had and left it all on the court. I miss having a warrior like that on our team. Actually, my bad, we have a warrior as Carmelo proved by playing in the all-star game

:lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#25 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat May 9, 2015 1:57 am

capwolf wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Outside of having a jumper, I'd say wall is a pretty damn complete player. He's athletic, a great playmaker, maybe the best defensive point guard in the league, and can rebound fairly well.

Right! Gilbert Arenas.

GIlbert Arenas was fantastic when he was healthy, and John Wall is everything he was cracked up to be. He's carrying his team right now, how can you say he will never be able to do it?
The hate is strong in this one.

No hate. I conceded Arenas was fantastic just as I concede Wall is phenomenal. My point is that Washington is cursed and Wall's career will mirror Gilbert's - a terrific player that continues to come up short, just as this playoffs will prove. Right now his injuries are the problem similar to Gilbert. Besides, it's just a prediction.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
MeloTime
Sixth Man
And1: 409

Post#26 » by MeloTime » Sun May 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
MeloTime wrote:This sucks, Wizards were playing extremely well and Wall has finally lived up to his expectations.

Wall has been elite for 2 and a half years now...

yea he has put up the stats but this year he took the next step as far as being a vocal leader and actually leading his team.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#27 » by mugzi » Sun May 10, 2015 7:29 pm

R-DAWG wrote:

YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#28 » by ozwizard8 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:26 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:I predict John Wall will be Gilbert Arenas 2.0, minus the urge to take steamy dumps in teammates' sneakers. He'll always be considered reeeeaaalllllly talented but never complete enough to carry a team all the way (be it because of injury, or just Washington being snake bitten).

you cant judge his playing character with injuries.
he was so good in this post season.
his defense is at t.allen level and his passing, creating plays was so good too. he played with energy and carried his team in some stretches. if he can shoot at r.westbrook level he would be MVP candidate next year.
he's r.westbrook with control and play-making ability but he lacks shooting.

g.arenas was more chucker. if his shooting didnt fall there werent much alternatives to get the game. but wall's defense etc is top notch. he's all around player.

Return to New York Knicks