ImageImageImageImageImage

#4 not the end of the world.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Re: Every #4 pick since 2000 

Post#61 » by El Poochio » Wed May 20, 2015 5:10 am

Points guards who are taken at #4 become superstars, Noted.

THIS IS HOW WE 'DUE' IT, THIIIIS IS HOOW WE 'DUE' IIIIITTT

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
rwb0376
Senior
And1: 258

Post#62 » by rwb0376 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:12 am

Eh. A better barometer would be the Knicks'lottery draft history. That'll tell you that no matter what we do, we are pretty much guaranteed to screw it up.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#63 » by kingquan316 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:46 am

rwb0376 wrote:Eh. A better barometer would be the Knicks'lottery draft history. That'll tell you that no matter what we do, we are pretty much guaranteed to screw it up.

This would be Phil's first draft as Knick president. U shouldn't judge him based on other regimes failure.
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,888

Re: #4 not the end of the world. 

Post#64 » by matchman » Wed May 20, 2015 6:10 am

Well I see above comments saying if we lost more games than T-wolves, we will have the first pick (as a hindsight).

Wrong, every lottery is an independent draw which won't work like this, especially if you heard of "butterfly effect".

And fourth pick is fine, the only bad feeling is that we are the only top 3 worst team to have the position slipped, but it doesn't really matter. Again it's a lottery and nothing is guaranteed at all.

0-82 can only give you 100% one of the pick 1-4.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#65 » by Sark » Wed May 20, 2015 6:29 am

El Poochio wrote:Points guards who are taken at #4 become superstars, Noted.

THIS IS HOW WE 'DUE' IT, THIIIIS IS HOOW WE 'DUE' IIIIITTT

Past results have no bearing on future outcomes. This was said all year long whenever some idiot said "worst record never gets #1 lol".

Well guess what. Worst record got #1 this year. Using that logic, since #1 pick went different than what past results usually were, we can assume the #4 pick won't be a superstar, since it usually is in years when worst record doesn't get #1.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#66 » by DowNY » Wed May 20, 2015 7:02 am

Mudiay is better than any PG prospect in the past 2 drafts off the bat. That's the funny part. Lol
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,673

Post#67 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 20, 2015 7:05 am

If we just end up with Mudiay, I'll be very happy.

Now it's time to get to work Phil. Phil? Wake the f*ck up!
Free Palestine
beasonu
Starter
And1: 830

Post#68 » by beasonu » Wed May 20, 2015 7:05 am

I threw my remote at the wall and made a huge hole, broke a water bottle thrown at the wall..

with that said, i am done crying. draft mudiay, ex #1 projected pick. if anything else happens i am so ***** done with this team.
melomax
Banned User
And1: 566

Post#69 » by melomax » Wed May 20, 2015 7:07 am

beasonu wrote:I threw my remote at the wall and made a huge hole, broke a water bottle thrown at the wall..

with that said, i am done crying. draft mudiay, ex #1 projected pick. if anything else happens i am so ***** done with this team.

I'm not convinced LAL is locked into taking whichever big Minn doesnt select.

If LAL takes Mudiay/Russell, Okafor will fall to us.

Which... depending on your perspective... is a good or bad thing.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#70 » by No-Man » Wed May 20, 2015 7:11 am

The only thing that is certain is that Okafor is going 1st, after that is an open field, anybody could be available at 4th, with Rondo rumors, plus Clarkson, I guess either Towns or Russell will be LA pick, and then Philly will draft Mudiay or Russell, so even Towns could be there at 4th.
I was happy with Winslow, so having the chance of picking any of those 4 is cool, Okafor wouldĀ“ve been great, but it is what it is.
beasonu
Starter
And1: 830

Post#71 » by beasonu » Wed May 20, 2015 7:15 am

melomax wrote:
beasonu wrote:I threw my remote at the wall and made a huge hole, broke a water bottle thrown at the wall..

I'm not convinced LAL is locked into taking whichever big Minn doesnt select.

If LAL takes Mudiay/Russell, Okafor will fall to us.

Which... depending on your perspective... is a good or bad thing.

I was convinced Lakers would take Russ until I realized POS Jordan Clarkson exists. OH LOOK ANOTHER DIME A DOZEN GUARD . YIPREE. G F*** yourselves lakers. Hope OK4 busts, they do NOT deserve him like we do. I firmly believe, if we follow the plan, THATS A BIG IF WITH THIS POS FRONT OFFICE, we come away with a steal.

With that said
**** the hawks
**** adam silvers bald ***. dudes uglier then a skunk
**** the lakers
**** this league
**** balls
BodyCount
Sixth Man
And1: 602

Post#72 » by BodyCount » Wed May 20, 2015 9:00 am

Sark wrote:
Ron Mexico wrote:
Sark wrote:It's not the end of the world, but it's not as good as #1.

All year all the math nerds kept saying "B-b-b-b-but the team with the worst record never gets the #1 pick. Winning games doesn't matter".

Fck all those math nerds, fck Derek Fisher, fck Tim Hardaway Jr, fck Langston Galloway, fck Barfnani, fck the Hawks, fck the Spurs, fck the Sixers.

dude. none of that had any effect on the way balls bounced. if we had the worst record it does not mean we would have the top pick instead of minnesota.

and by your logic, we should have had the lakers or sixers record. both ended up ahead of us.

balls didn't bounce our way. we still stayed out of the 5 hole, which is the only thing the worst record guaranteed anyway.

The team with the worst record got the #1 pick. All year I kept on hearing how about how the team with the worst record never gets the #1 pick.

I can give 2 shts about the Sixers and the Lakers pick. The point is we just endured the worst season in Knicks' history, and had the worst record for like 99% of the season, until Fisher, Galloway, Hardaway, and Barf decided to start winning games. We went 3-3 in our final 6.

Hopefully in 10 years, when we're at this point again, and going on 50 years since our last ring, we tank the right way.

This team is ****. Front office is ****. They can all suck my dick. Stupid **** can't even tank as they should. And yeah, everyone that kept saying it doesn't matter if we have 66% chances of landing top 3 or 52% chances can suck my dick.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#73 » by FutureKnicksGM » Wed May 20, 2015 9:17 am

Just draft Mudiay. Play him on ball at the two. He's big enough to guard the position.

I don't trust Phil in a trade down, we would be looking at Winslow or WCS for sure.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#74 » by FutureKnicksGM » Wed May 20, 2015 9:18 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:If we just end up with Mudiay, I'll be very happy.

Now it's time to get to work Phil. Phil? Wake the f*ck up!

TBH he doesn't need to get to work, just draft whoever is left from the top 4. Stay sleeping Phil!
Luciferswings
Banned User
And1: 66

Post#75 » by Luciferswings » Wed May 20, 2015 9:25 am

Phil has the potential to do a lot of damage with the #4 pick. He could draft WCS. He could trade it for a vet. Even Mudiay is no sure thing. I think there's a big difference between 3 and 4 just quietly, a lot like last year (before Embiid got hurt).
DowNY
RealGM

Post#76 » by DowNY » Wed May 20, 2015 9:26 am

Mudiay is best PG prospect since Lillard
DowNY
RealGM

Post#77 » by DowNY » Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am

As far as I'm concerned, Tier 1 only has 4 players (Okafor, Towns, & Russell & Mudiay).
WCS, Winslow & Pronz fill out 2nd tier.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#78 » by NoLayupRule » Wed May 20, 2015 11:34 am

matchman wrote:the only bad feeling is that we are the only top 3 worst team to have the position slipped,

actually we are the only team in the entire lottery to slip at all from their position - except LA of course who screwed us as usual
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#79 » by Stannis » Wed May 20, 2015 11:54 am

beasonu wrote:with that said, i am done crying. draft mudiay

Yea same here.

It's just the luck of the draw. I was kind of more mad because it's bs the Lakers went ahead of us. But that's stupid. Mudiay is a great player and a great reward for playing a crappy season.
Free Palestine
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,752

Post#80 » by omerome » Wed May 20, 2015 11:57 am

Travis Knight wrote:
beasonu wrote:with that said, i am done crying. draft mudiay

Yea same here.

It's just the luck of the draw. I was kind of more mad because it's bs the Lakers went ahead of us. But that's stupid. Mundiay is a great player and a great reward for playing a crappy season.

I know that's a typo, but if he doesn't improve, I can see that name sticking.

Return to New York Knicks