ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks select Kristaps Porzingis with #4 pick

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Re: Knicks select Kristaps Porzingis with #4 pick 

Post#2001 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Wed Jul 1, 2015 5:01 am

Worst_to_First wrote:http://nypost.com/2015/06/30/porzingis-pick-makes-jacksons-recruiting-job-harder-source/

A Knicks contingent of Phil Jackson, general manager Steve Mills, coach Derek Fisher and vice president of operations Jamie Matthews will descend upon Los Angeles Wednesday afternoon to meet with Clippers defensive center DeAndre Jordan as one of their first bids to make a free-agent splash.

Jackson’s crew will then sit down with Portland All-Star power forward LaMarcus Aldridge Thursday — the Knicks being the last of seven teams he will greet. And Detroit big man Greg Monroe, the former Georgetown star, is expected to meet with the Knicks in Washington D.C. this week, too.

Nevertheless, one representative connected to a prominent free agent believes Jackson is going to have a hard time convincing top players the Knicks are on the cusp of winning, especially after drafting 7-foot-1 Latvian project Kristaps Porzingis with the fourth pick in last week’s draft.

The Post reported Tuesday free-agent power forward David West has very low interest in the Knicks because of their barren roster outside of Carmelo Anthony and how far away they are from contention.

“They took a Latvian guy who may or may not be good,’’ the individual connected to the free agent told The Post. “It’s very strange. They should’ve taken more of a tried-and-true guy, even a Justise Winslow. Top free agents are looking at winning now. It’s fun to go the playoffs and have a chance to compete for the Finals. They’re not going to win this year.’’

Indeed, Jackson is not unaware he has to convince free agents the Knicks will win soon despite their colossal 2014-15 flop.

“I’m not happy about that,’’ Jackson said in December regarding luring free agents after a miserable season. “We have players that are part of our long-term that must consistently perform at a level in this system of offense to demonstrate that they’re progressing and what the advantages are to what we’re doing.’’

Jackson is not bringing any of his 13 championships rings (11 as coach, two as a Knick,) but he brings an aura of greatness that owner James Dolan felt compelled to shell out $60 million to recruit.

Thanks Berman.

I really don't feel good about this free agency...we're not that appealing
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,919

Post#2002 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:00 am

Re: Porzingis' nickname...

Kris P = Crispy

His jumper certainly looks crispy...

...though I suppose the second someone beats him on defense that nickname is guaranteed to be used against him. :lol:
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#2003 » by IAmTheBest » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:55 am

we are fuqed

porzingis was a joke of a pick at 4

phil drafted porzingis at 4 and now is going to pay afflalo 13 mil/year. phil is trolling us

if we had did what were supposed to and drafted mudiay everything would be ok. we getting trolled
ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#2004 » by ChilledAlex » Wed Jul 1, 2015 10:50 am

IAmTheBest wrote:we are fuqed

phil drafted porzingis at 4 and now is going to pay afflalo 13 mil/year. phil is trolling us

if we had did what were supposed to and drafted mudiay everything would be ok. we getting trolled

Dolan had to hire you instead of PJ . Wtf was he thinking?
I believe that Mudiay kicked himself out of top5 by running from playing college to earning his first million in China where the level of basketball is... .... ....*cricket*
don't panac
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#2005 » by don't panac » Wed Jul 1, 2015 12:35 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Re: Porzingis' nickname...

Kris P = Crispy

...though I suppose the second someone beats him on defense that nickname is guaranteed to be used against him. :lol:

K-ZINGA! :D :D :D
damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#2006 » by damedash09 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 12:48 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman/status/616217091281129472[/tweet]
captvict
Sixth Man
And1: 512

Post#2007 » by captvict » Wed Jul 1, 2015 12:55 pm

So much for him saying he's not a "Soft Euro"...hope he "man up's" and plays......I had a feeling we should have took Winslow.....just my thoughts
HKSVIP
Bench Warmer
And1: 107

Post#2008 » by HKSVIP » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:26 pm

We can all calm down now

It would be nothing short of a nightmare if their super-skinny European project Kristaps Porzingis is too injured to participate in the Knicks summer league that opens July 11 in Las Vegas.

And his brother alluded to the uncertainty in a radio interview Monday on ESPN Radio, citing the tightness in his hip that forced him to shut down his Knicks workout three days before the draft.

But according to the team, Porzingis is on schedule to play in Vegas and is back working out after missing a few days.

Janis Porzingis said on the radio his brother’s injury occurred because of the strenuous workouts he underwent leading to his ballyhooed Las Vegas workout June 12, which was attended by Phil Jackson and almost every NBA team’s top executives.

Janis Porzingis made it seem as if there is a possibility he won’t be available for summer league play because of the lingering injury — not a good start to his Knicks career.

“I don’t know, I really don’t know,” Janis Porzingis said. “I’d like to answer this also for myself, but I really don’t know. We’ll see that.”

The brother also revealed Carmelo Anthony reached out to Porzingis to tell him reports he was upset at his selection were untrue.

“It was beautiful that a player of that profile can do something like that. It’s great,” Janis said.

The summer league team will be stacked with familiar faces and will include the first appearance of Knicks second-round stash pick from 2014, 6-foot-10 Louis Labeyrie of France. The Knicks paid a handsome $1.5 million to the Pacers for the 57th pick of that draft.

Thanasis Antetekounmpo, also a stash pick in 2014, will play on the summer league team, despite not having been signed. He spent the season in the D-League with Westchester, passing up a European payday.

Jerian Grant, whom they acquired in a draft-night trade, Langston Galloway, Cleanthony Early, who is coming off a disappointing rookie year, Ricky Ledo and Travis Wear will also be on the summer team.
Trav_NYK
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#2009 » by Trav_NYK » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:38 pm

HKSVIP wrote:We can all calm down now

It would be nothing short of a nightmare if their super-skinny European project Kristaps Porzingis is too injured to participate in the Knicks summer league that opens July 11 in Las Vegas.

And his brother alluded to the uncertainty in a radio interview Monday on ESPN Radio, citing the tightness in his hip that forced him to shut down his Knicks workout three days before the draft.

But according to the team, Porzingis is on schedule to play in Vegas and is back working out after missing a few days.

Janis Porzingis said on the radio his brother’s injury occurred because of the strenuous workouts he underwent leading to his ballyhooed Las Vegas workout June 12, which was attended by Phil Jackson and almost every NBA team’s top executives.

Janis Porzingis made it seem as if there is a possibility he won’t be available for summer league play because of the lingering injury — not a good start to his Knicks career.

“I don’t know, I really don’t know,” Janis Porzingis said. “I’d like to answer this also for myself, but I really don’t know. We’ll see that.”

The brother also revealed Carmelo Anthony reached out to Porzingis to tell him reports he was upset at his selection were untrue.

“It was beautiful that a player of that profile can do something like that. It’s great,” Janis said.

The summer league team will be stacked with familiar faces and will include the first appearance of Knicks second-round stash pick from 2014, 6-foot-10 Louis Labeyrie of France. The Knicks paid a handsome $1.5 million to the Pacers for the 57th pick of that draft.

Thanasis Antetekounmpo, also a stash pick in 2014, will play on the summer league team, despite not having been signed. He spent the season in the D-League with Westchester, passing up a European payday.

Jerian Grant, whom they acquired in a draft-night trade, Langston Galloway, Cleanthony Early, who is coming off a disappointing rookie year, Ricky Ledo and Travis Wear will also be on the summer team.

I am definitely excited for this Summer League team! So many young prospects for us
"This is Me7o"
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#2010 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:39 pm

Drama Queen Berman:

:D
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#2011 » by Ganji » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:51 pm

captvict wrote:So much for him saying he's not a "Soft Euro"...hope he "man up's" and plays......I had a feeling we should have took Winslow.....just my thoughts

don't be a moron... you can man up and f up your health completely.. i'd get if we would talk about making playoffs or playing in playoffs, but this is summer league we are talking about here....
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#2012 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:19 pm

Kris P = Crispy

Could go all in with Krispy Kreme, as he's a white guy.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#2013 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:20 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Drama Queen Berman:

:D

Yes, participation is a chuck fest meaningless league is essential...
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#2014 » by NYKAL » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:38 pm

all the reports out on this say it was just a stinger and he will be ready
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#2015 » by BallSacBounce » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Kris P = Crispy

Could go all in with Krispy Kreme, as he's a white guy.

KrisP Kreme, and I said it first1 :lol:
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#2016 » by BallSacBounce » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:47 pm

So, um, he was hurt during that workout then and still impressed.

Hmmmmm.....
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,100

Post#2017 » by blueNorange » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:28 pm

ChilledAlex wrote:

Dolan had to hire you instead of PJ . Wtf was he thinking?
I believe that Mudiay kicked himself out of top5 by running from playing college to earning his first million in China where the level of basketball is... .... ....*cricket*

actually pretty sure mudiay kicked himself out of the top 5 when he was building brick houses in workouts.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
AllanH20
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,883

Post#2018 » by AllanH20 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:59 pm

Wrong thread..
"I'm ready to be an animal for this city."
- Joakim Noah
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#2019 » by Meat » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:16 pm

because we all know mudiay was going to be a shooting guard, or was able to hit a 3pt shot or a ft.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#2020 » by Meat » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:18 pm

captvict wrote:So much for him saying he's not a "Soft Euro"...hope he "man up's" and plays......I had a feeling we should have took Winslow.....just my thoughts

highly intelligent post right here folks, everyone knows the next 14 years of the knicks matter wayyy less than a couple of sl games. extra points for suggesting he further injure himself by playing meaningless games

Return to New York Knicks