ImageImageImageImageImage

Y'all Melo Haters need to see this

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Re: Y'all Melo Haters need to see this 

Post#61 » by MrProb » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:05 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Melo ain't Patrick and Patrick never pulled this.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/26/the-carmelo-disconnect-why-he-doesnt-have-right-to-cry-about-pick/

Reports Friday indicated Anthony was anywhere between annoyed and betrayed by Jackson’s decision, and that is too predictable, when you think about it.

It is also too bad.

It’s hard to know who Anthony identified as the player left on the board who would have given the Knicks an instant boost of life, and a quick push toward contention. Tim Duncan’s name wasn’t on it. Patrick Ewing’s wasn’t. So if we’re just talking about this from a practical standpoint it’s odd — and, truthfully, maybe even wrong, because in Jerian Grant the Knicks may well have stumbled into a player who actually might provide immediate help.

But, really, that’s beside the point.

This is the point: Melo isn’t Patrick Ewing.

And not just from a standpoint of standing within the firmament of all-time NBA greats. After a while, it became an annual right or sporting passage to lament and bemoan the shortage of pieces the Knicks kept surrounding Ewing with in his endless and fruitless attempt to win a championship. Of course, Ewing himself never would have said that publicly, but ball doesn’t lie and neither do results.

That’s always been a puzzling disconnect with Anthony: He demands the gravitas of a franchise cornerstone without having put in the years — or having achieved a fraction of the success — that someone like Ewing did. He wants to come across as a team-first guy (and a segment of hungry Knicks fans believe him), but he is defined by a series of me-first moves — from choosing to stay for money, to putting off surgery long enough so he could play in a New York All-Star Game, to his preferred system of iso-heavy offense.

None of those things make him a bad person, certainly none make him a bad player. But he has had a tough enough time being the Face of the Franchise (who, by the way, is coming off knee surgery) doing what he does best — playing.

It’s funny: One of the things that likely will endear Porzingis to the skeptical masses is his clear and genuine ambition to seize New York, to enjoy all the unique aspects of playing here. It is a feeling all too uncommon among professional athletes in 2015. Anthony should recognize that. He is also a guy who said “yes” when so many others said “no” — and he said it twice.

That should be something that bonds them. Melo could have clarified his position Friday. Instead, he issued another tweet: “‘What’s understood doesn’t need to be spoken upon’ #DestiNY #TheFutureIsNow”

This isn't 90's this is the age of social medias where everyone can expresses their feelings whenever they want, where players can actually interact with the fans from anywhere in the world.
MrProb
Analyst

Post#62 » by MrProb » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:[Vine][/Vine]
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Or "fan forced drama"

Why all the denial? This happens every off season with this assclown. Like clockwork. It it should be expected.

You're the one in denial, Melo is straight up denying the reports and you say he's just doing 'damage control' that is such a cop out. Maybe look at it from face value that he's tired of all these BS reports coming out all the time that are straight made up. Isola has a damn history of making crap up, yet you want to believe him because you dislike Melo.

Like I said, they will still choose to believe Isola if they feel like to OR just make stuff up themselves.

If it's a good news about Melo I bet these guys won't even care to post.

The hate is real. :lol:
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Y'all Melo Haters need to see this 

Post#63 » by bleedblue3303 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:15 pm

For some reason I can't find the link where melo says something is coming can someone tell me where to see it. I keep looking for it and can't find it. I love that comment cause plans are in place and someone is coming and I hope it's Durant next year!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
LuxTheGoat
Banned User
And1: 608

Post#64 » by LuxTheGoat » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Is this a joke....so people in this thread actually believe he's completely content with the draft night moves and he never voiced any frustration or displeasure??? What's wrong with you guys? This fanbase is so gullible :lol:
Concrete Jungle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,084

Post#65 » by Concrete Jungle » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:26 pm

I truly dont believe Melo told people close to him that he feels hoodwinked, bamboozled and run amuck :lol:
:banghead:
H_20
RealGM
And1: 771

Post#66 » by H_20 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:30 pm

Always some drama with Melo.
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#67 » by SARGO127 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:43 pm

H_20 wrote:Always some drama with Melo.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,561

Post#68 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:46 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/turnonthejets/status/614819772824428545[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/turnonthejets/status/614819978173399044[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/turnonthejets/status/614820137829535744[/tweet]
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#69 » by Ignitowsky » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:50 pm

LuxTheGoat wrote:Is this a joke....so people in this thread actually believe he's completely content with the draft night moves and he never voiced any frustration or displeasure??? What's wrong with you guys? This fanbase is so gullible :lol:

You believe Isola and SAS and then have the cajoled to call US gullible???

Seriously?
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#70 » by Ignitowsky » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Double post

Sorry
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: Re: Y'all Melo Haters need to see this 

Post#71 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:05 pm

MrProb wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:[Vine][/Vine]

Why all the denial? This happens every off season with this assclown. Like clockwork. It it should be expected.

You're the one in denial, Melo is straight up denying the reports and you say he's just doing 'damage control' that is such a cop out. Maybe look at it from face value that he's tired of all these BS reports coming out all the time that are straight made up. Isola has a damn history of making crap up, yet you want to believe him because you dislike Melo.

Like I said, they will still choose to believe Isola if they feel like to OR just make stuff up themselves.

If it's a good news about Melo I bet these guys won't even care to post.

The hate is real. :lol:

His happy birthday thread barely hit 3 pages. Even his supporters didn't post.
Tennyten
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#72 » by Tennyten » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:17 pm

LuxTheGoat wrote:Is this a joke....so people in this thread actually believe he's completely content with the draft night moves and he never voiced any frustration or displeasure??? What's wrong with you guys? This fanbase is so gullible :lol:

Of course he probably voiced his frustration that night. Alot of people did. I was sick and on meds so I didn't care that much but hearing Stephen A Smith go off and hearing two years away probably got everyone a little riled up. But you step back and try to see the forest through the trees. I think Jerian Grant softened the blow for alot of people.
LuxTheGoat
Banned User
And1: 608

Post#73 » by LuxTheGoat » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Ignitowsky wrote:

You believe Isola and SAS and then have the cajoled to call US gullible???

Seriously?

And then the next time he sees SAS, he'll give him a great high five instead of yell at him and call him a liar. Happens every time. Rinse, wash, repeat :lol:
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,166

Post#74 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:21 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/47560/carmelo-anthony-says-andrea-bargnani-trade-was-a-steal

NEW YORK -- The jury is still out the the New York Knicks' trade for Andrea Bargnani. But Carmelo Anthony is in favor of it.

"I thought that was a steal," Anthony said Saturday at his annual camp, held at Queens College. "I hate to lose [Marcus] Camby and [Steve] Novak, but you get something like that back in return, it's kind of a win-win situation."

Anthony quickly noted that Bargnani, who fell out of favor in with the Toronto Raptors, needed to play "with a chip on his shoulder" this season.

Melo also said Bargs was a steal :lol:. I wouldn't take anything he says with any confidence. He was not happy with the pick. Def wanted Winslow or Stein. No 19 year old was going to save the franchise in one year though, and nobody in the media mentions that we got Grant who is more ready to play than Winslow and Mudiay,
Hijinks
Analyst
And1: 1,327

Post#75 » by Hijinks » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:22 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:It's called "damage control."

getting in heated arguments with some fans on the internet, isn't exactly damage control....
too many urkels on your team, that's why your wins low
Vash
Rookie
And1: 129

Post#76 » by Vash » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:36 pm

When Melo selfishly puts up triple team shots, I am sure that will prove he is on board.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#77 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:38 pm

"only hit dogs bark".

Folks can believe what they want, but there's no need to respond at all if there's nothing to respond to. At least respond to the one's who are actually spearheading this.

Isola and Stephen A would be a good place to start.

R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#78 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Let me get this straight - y'all are willing to believe unsubstantiated media reports about how Melo didn't like pick (and read between the lines of him not tweeting at Krist/Grant), but are unwilling to believe anything Melo says himself?

Yeah, that makes complete sense. I am officially willing to say that being a mod is the equivalent of being an overseer at a psychiatric hospital, sometimes.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#79 » by Thorn » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Thing is people are claiming he messaged THJR and complained, so that would mean Tim had to either leak this to other sources OR he made it up... or other people made it up.

Either way unless someone can produce a text from Melo or an audio recording of Melo bad mouthing the pick... why believe it?

I am sure he said he was sorry to see Tim go, that is what a good leader and teammate does.

SAS and Isola saying they heard this from someone who heard it from THJR... who heard it from Melo. They are reporting third party information at best, or they are making crap up at worst. Either way I have ZERO reason to trust their word on the matter, and neither do you.
MrProb
Analyst

Post#80 » by MrProb » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Let me get this straight - y'all are willing to believe unsubstantiated media reports about how Melo didn't like pick (and read between the lines of him not tweeting at Krist/Grant), but are unwilling to believe anything Melo says himself?

Yeah, that makes complete sense. I am officially willing to say that being a mod is the equivalent of being an overseer at a psychiatric hospital, sometimes.

That's why the world is a crap place to be right now, only bad news sell and fun to talk about for some ppl.

Some ppl just love expressing their frustations on internet.

Return to New York Knicks