ImageImageImageImageImage

Did your feelings change since your immediate reaction to Phil drafting Kristaps Porzingis?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

I was leaning towards optimism and I'm still optimistic.
56%
I was leaning towards optimism and now I'm pessimistic.
4%
I was leaning towards pessimism and I'm still pessimistic.
9%
I was learning towards pessimism and now I'm optimistic.
23%
I have absolutely no feelings right now. I'll just wait till Summer League.
8%

Total votes: 124

Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Did your feelings change since your immediate reaction to Phil drafting Kristaps Porzingis? 

Post#1 » by Nostrand Ave » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:35 pm

We've had some days to watch videos on youtube and do some extra research. Did your feeling change?
Illuminatos
Analyst
And1: 1,211

Re: Did your feelings change since your immediate reaction to Phil drafting Kristaps Porzingis? 

Post#2 » by Illuminatos » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:40 pm

I hated it at first but now I'm excited and can't wait to see Grant, Porzingis and the new look Knicks next season. :D
WadeInTheWater wrote:I stick up for LeBron to the depths of the earth, i tell anyone i know when discussing basketball that LeBron is everything that Jordan was AND more but just without the rings YET. No doubt about he is better all round than Jordan ever was

^^Trololol^^
Priggy Smalls
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,059

Re: Did your feelings changed since your immediate reaction to Phil drafting Kristaps Porzingis? 

Post#3 » by Priggy Smalls » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:46 pm

still don't like it but grant made me feel much better. he was a steal.

i'm worried that the plan is to keep melo at the 3 going forward. unless he winds back the clock he wont have the foot speed to chase perimeter guys around anymore. and if that's not the case and we do plan on moving him to the 4 then i don't think porzingis will get the minutes he needs to develop properly.

mudiay and portis or looney was the way to go imo.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Did your feelings change since your immediate reaction to Phil drafting Kristaps Porzingis? 

Post#4 » by br7knicks » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:51 pm

Yeah. Was angry at first. Just wish if knicks were going full blown rebuild, which pickings prozingis does, they'd move melo
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#6 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:00 pm

Nope, I liked the pick. Kristaps was one of my "intrigued" players for the draft.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#7 » by N Y K » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:03 pm

I said, countlessly, that I would have been happy with either Mudiay or KRISTAPS before the draft. When Silver called KRISTAPS over Mudiay though, my heart sunk a bit.

I had to remind myself that I said I was cool with either. Now, I'm rolling with the stretch 4!!!!!
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#8 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:06 pm

CharlesOakleeey wrote:I said, countlessly, that I would have been happy with either Mudiay or KRISTAPS before the draft. When Silver called KRISTAPS over Mudiay though, my heart sunk a bit.

I had to remind myself that I said I was cool with either. Now, I'm rolling with the stretch 4!!!!!

I'm the exact same. I was going a little crazy after we passed up on Mudiay, but then I had to remember that Kristaps can be special too some day. At least we didn't pick Winslow
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,988

Post#9 » by BigShot Bojan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:06 pm

Basically asking if you're a xenophobic Knicks fan say I....
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Re: Did your feelings changed since your immediate reaction to Phil drafting Kristaps Porzingis? 

Post#10 » by Nostrand Ave » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Priggy Smalls wrote:still don't like it but grant made me feel much better. he was a steal.

i'm worried that the plan is to keep melo at the 3 going forward. unless he winds back the clock he wont have the foot speed to chase perimeter guys around anymore. and if that's not the case and we do plan on moving him to the 4 then i don't think porzingis will get the minutes he needs to develop properly.

Precisely. It bothers me how Phil and the Knicks organization keep making discordant moves.
Vinny Boy
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#11 » by Vinny Boy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Once LA took Russell I thought for sure that we'd get Okafor. Then Philly obviously took him and from all the reports of us taking Mudiay or Kaminsky I was surprised with the pick, but there's no one else in the draft that we can definitely say will have a better career than KP. So im optimistic even though he'll take time to develop.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#12 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:15 pm

From the moment Phil Jackson re-signed Melo, the Knicks totally fell apart. I was convinced that Phil was going to rebuild the franchise from scratch. So I've prepared for this moment but it's a different feeling to say, it's going to be FIVE more years of losing.

Porzy will be the weak side PF but the Knicks STILL need 2 huge facets of the triangle, a passing Big man is not an easy find.
SethP
Senior
And1: 210

Post#13 » by SethP » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:17 pm

I was clamoring for one of Mudiay/Zinger because I wanted to swing for the fences, so I am quite happy. The way Zinger handled himself after getting booed by the moron core of Knicks fan, only impressed me further.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#14 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:19 pm

My immediate reaction was hmm I preferred Mudiay. I like Porzingis although when I first started looking into him a good time before the draft I was kind of meh on him. Getting Grant and Gomez made me feel better about the draft overall.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#15 » by ozwizard8 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Priggy Smalls wrote:still don't like it but grant made me feel much better. he was a steal.

porzingis move didnt change my opinion much but j.grant was a steal so i was little pessimistic now little optimistic. i'm not sure about my feeling i want to see summer league and FA period then i'll decide.
21 Hussle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,628

Post#16 » by 21 Hussle » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:25 pm

After Russell he was my #1 guy so I was ecstatic.
:meditate: Patience :meditate:
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#17 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Summer League is a joke and should not make or break your opinion on a player. Just letting ya know either way if he looks like a scrub or if he looks like a world beater, either way don't read too much into it.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#18 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:28 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:In Phil I trust
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#19 » by E-Balla » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Didn't like it at first but once I saw the trade for Grant it made sense and I liked it way more. Then when we drafted in the second round I liked it. Still feel about the same about it.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,166

Post#20 » by TrueWarrior » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:35 pm

Well if anyone's feelings changed a lot about Kris in 2 days then I'm guessing they never watched him play before the draft, just like 98% of the fans who were at Barclays.

The Grant pickup makes passing on Mudiay not a big thing, but we'll see how they turn out.

I wanted Manny or Porz, so I was good then and good now.

Return to New York Knicks