ImageImageImageImageImage

Bismack Biyumbo non tendered

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Sundov
Junior
And1: 55

Re: Bismack Biyumbo non tendered 

Post#61 » by Sundov » Wed Jul 1, 2015 4:23 am

CoolKids wrote:
Sundov wrote:Bismack is coming off a career year. He is 22. He can be our 'nice guy dennis rodman'. Terrific rebounder, shot blocker and man to man defender. I've seen him do great things defending Dwight.

He'd work with a front court of Monroe and Melo. We would then need 2 great shooters at the 1 and 2. Maybe Jimmer Fredette and Danny Green? Don't laugh :lol: I think it could work. Jimmer is way underrated. Could get him for the minimum.

Fredette/Calderon/Galloway
Green/Grant
Melo/Early
biyombo/porzingis
monroe/porzingis
This mf'er wants us to start buyombo and fredette?!!? GTFO you should be demoted to ball boy

I maintain that Fredette would be a great point guard in the triangle and we could get him for the minimum. Biyombo is also underrated and we could get him for cheap. Would allow us to play monroe and melo together because they are both average defensively.

Its about getting guys who are undervalued rather than paying a max for a guy everyone knows is good.

Fredette would have Calderon and Galloway to compete with, so if he sucks in that Steve Kerr role then bench his ass. No harm done.
Knicks.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,988

Post#62 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Jul 1, 2015 4:30 am

Aminu 7.5 mill maybe Biyumbo at 5 is not to crazy afterall...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#63 » by HighRyzer83 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 4:45 am

He still got ben wallace type potential
Governor Dudley
Starter
And1: 633

Post#64 » by Governor Dudley » Wed Jul 1, 2015 5:31 am

Ben Wallace was terrible at 22 years of age.
Jheri Curl
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#65 » by Jheri Curl » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:52 am

Bismack is definitely worth more than $1 Million. Under the radar defensive big man, we should definitely give him a look. Don't care if he's bad offensively, we need rim protectors and their role is to alter and block shots.

What's even funnier is that all the posters on the Hornets board are talking about how valuable he was to the team last year and it's mainly the Hornets FO bad decision making skills at work here. I'm not saying he's an all-star but you can definitely use a guy like him on your squad.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#66 » by DrCoach » Wed Jul 1, 2015 5:01 pm

Sundov wrote:
CoolKids wrote:
Sundov wrote:Bismack is coming off a career year. He is 22. He can be our 'nice guy dennis rodman'. Terrific rebounder, shot blocker and man to man defender. I've seen him do great things defending Dwight.

He'd work with a front court of Monroe and Melo. We would then need 2 great shooters at the 1 and 2. Maybe Jimmer Fredette and Danny Green? Don't laugh :lol: I think it could work. Jimmer is way underrated. Could get him for the minimum.

Fredette/Calderon/Galloway
Green/Grant
Melo/Early
biyombo/porzingis
monroe/porzingis
This mf'er wants us to start buyombo and fredette?!!? GTFO you should be demoted to ball boy

I maintain that Fredette would be a great point guard in the triangle and we could get him for the minimum. Biyombo is also underrated and we could get him for cheap. Would allow us to play monroe and melo together because they are both average defensively.

Its about getting guys who are undervalued rather than paying a max for a guy everyone knows is good.

Fredette would have Calderon and Galloway to compete with, so if he sucks in that Steve Kerr role then bench
his ass. No harm done.

Yes,

I would be on board for Fredette for a cheap price
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#67 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 5:39 pm

Young, athletic, rebounding, defensive big who can guard in space and protect rim? Sign me up. He'd be a buy low player (less than 5 mill), but could yield a decent return. Shame he has stone hands.

BTW, Ben Wallace wasn't anything special until he broke out big time in Detroit. He was an afterthought basically beforehand with defensive potential, like Biyombo at this stage. It remains to be seen what path Biyombo takes with his career, but even though he's a **** fit offensively for the triangle, he'd help our defense.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,331

Post#68 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 1, 2015 5:42 pm

I would take 1 Biyombo over 100 Willie Greens. Not sure what that says though
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
AllanH20
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,883

Post#69 » by AllanH20 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 6:02 pm

He's young, is a good defender, and can block shots. I don't see what we have to lose by signing him. I doubt he gets more than 3m per.
"I'm ready to be an animal for this city."
- Joakim Noah
GetItDone
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#70 » by GetItDone » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:57 pm

Did not know he even played in NBA still.

Forget all about him.
ThatsWhatIShved wrote:Disrespectfull thread. I would take 06 Arenas over Lebron. Other than traveling and suspected PED use, what does Lebron have over Gil?
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#71 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:19 pm

CoolKids wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:Reminds me of Ben Wallace

If Ben Wallace sucked

He actually did suck, for a good portion of his career. Actually, that entire Pistons team, with the exception of Rasheed Wallace, sucked until they all got together in Detroit. Ben Wallace, Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups all sucked prior to Detroit.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Damas
Starter
And1: 1,923

Post#72 » by Damas » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:53 pm

So Biyumbo is going to be our major signing? After all the hoopla and discussion this is who is our final hope?

What a disaster of a year. An absolute waste.
AllanH20
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,883

Post#73 » by AllanH20 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:55 pm

Damas wrote:So Biyumbo is going to be our major signing? After all the hoopla and discussion this is who is our final hope?

What a disaster of a year. An absolute waste.

Who said he's going to be our major signing?
"I'm ready to be an animal for this city."
- Joakim Noah
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,988

Post#74 » by BigShot Bojan » Thu Jul 2, 2015 12:35 am

Wow Chumpert getting 10 mill and a player option and you guys aren't willing to give Biyumbo 5 a year...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.

Return to New York Knicks