ImageImageImageImageImage

Kenyon Martin: Carmelo Anthony Deserves Better Than A Rebuilding Knicks

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,319

Re: Kenyon Martin: Carmelo Anthony Deserves Better Than A Rebuilding Knicks 

Post#461 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:45 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote::sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2:

I'm enjoying your work.

ImageImageImage
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#462 » by Sark » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:
Sark wrote:

Which lasted until year 4, when we won only 37 games.

Nope. It ended the lockout year. Which was year two. Lin and D'Antoni were the first divides. Hell, we lost fans to the trade. They hated Melo because he wanted his money and we had to trade players for him. The narrative has never changed with the main target on Melo. He's constantly regarded as selfish on and off the court. It's been that way since before he stepped foot in NY.

No point in debating with Sark - he's been on his anti-Melo agenda for a long time.

I'm not even anti-Melo. I'm pro Knick. Hey, if leads us to 60 wins, and a championship or close to it, then you won't find a bigger cheerleader for him than me. I just don't think that he should be here anymore, considering what we are, and where he is in his career.

He was one of my favorite players coming out of college. I went to school upstate, and have always been a Syracuse fan. I thought he should've won ROY over Lebron. I was happy when he got traded here, and wanted the team to give up whatever was needed to get the trade done.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#463 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:50 pm

I actually locked this for a reason. Carry on then. :lol:
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Re: Re: Re: Kenyon Martin: Carmelo Anthony Deserves Better Than A Rebuilding Knicks 

Post#464 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:54 pm

brigadierjerry wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
brigadierjerry wrote:
greenhughes don't know how far back you go with Knicks but do you feel the media was the same way with Ewing era first half of fhe stat season or even marbury era? even the 54 win team media wanst that bad. it really comes down to winning games

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Tapatalk 2

Here's the Post article from when Ewing was traded.

http://nypost.com/2000/08/22/good-riddance-to-that-menacing-scowl/

Dude left every ounce of sweat he had on MSG's floor and got ran out like a case of "The Clap." And look how that turned out...

Now we have a guy that smiles too much. Go figure.

Capn O I remember that article but that was after he was traded. I think part of Ewing problem was his personality and making guarantees. Also I think the media is much worse on Carmelo than Ewing and King. King I don't remember media harsh on him just his teams weren't great

Ewing got run out of town in a slow festering way but after he was dealt the venom was just plain brutal. They had been bitching and moaning about him not being able to lead the Knicks past Jordan and...during Jordan's baseball hiatus...pass Hakeem and the Rockets. Forgetting that we are blaming a guy (the greatest Knick ever) for not being able to beat the GOAT and arguably the most skilled big man in NBA history (who himself is a top 10 all time talent).

Trust me, I was lead on the basketball boards when the net was young and he was trashed big time.

Greenhughes even that 54 win team the media saying outside of that type of play not sustainable did you feel the media was bashing the Knicks that season?

Dude...when has the media not bashed the Knicks? OF COURSE, they are going to say that when things are good. It can't be possible. Heck, you see it now with them discounting every single free agent they've signed and Porzingis trying to first bash them for passing on "the steal of the draft" Winslow and then, when Winslow turned out to not be the "steal" after all shifting gears and saying that Mudiay didn't really want to play in NY anyways.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#465 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Sark wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:Nope. It ended the lockout year. Which was year two. Lin and D'Antoni were the first divides. Hell, we lost fans to the trade. They hated Melo because he wanted his money and we had to trade players for him. The narrative has never changed with the main target on Melo. He's constantly regarded as selfish on and off the court. It's been that way since before he stepped foot in NY.

No point in debating with Sark - he's been on his anti-Melo agenda for a long time.

I'm not even anti-Melo. I'm pro Knick. Hey, if leads us to 60 wins, and a championship or close to it, then you won't find a bigger cheerleader for him than me. I just don't think that he should be here anymore, considering what we are, and where he is in his career.

He was one of my favorite players coming out of college. I went to school upstate, and have always been a Syracuse fan. I thought he should've won ROY over Lebron. I was happy when he got traded here, and wanted the team to give up whatever was needed to get the trade done.

Carmelo Anthony isn't Lebron James. For him to lead this team to 60 wins and/or championships you would need a team around him better than the teams Lebron had around him when he won his championships. Just want to throw a little dash of realistic expectations here. To vilify him because he can't lead bad to aabove average teams to championships is the same fault folks had with every other tpo tier talent the Knicks have ever had since 1973.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#466 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:00 pm

ImageImageImage
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#467 » by Sark » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:02 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Sark wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Carmelo Anthony isn't Lebron James. For him to lead this team to 60 wins and/or championships you would need a team around him better than the teams Lebron had around him when he won his championships. Just want to throw a little dash of realistic expectations here. To vilify him because he can't lead bad to aabove average teams to championships is the same fault folks had with every other tpo tier talent the Knicks have ever had since 1973.

I know that. We don't have the capability to put the right team on the floor for him. The quicker everyone else realizes that, the quicker both he and we can move on.

And that doesn't equal hate. That just means accepting reality.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#468 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:02 pm

ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#469 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:06 pm

ImageImageImage
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#470 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:12 pm

greenhughes wrote:Our fan-base and media are not conducive to a winning environment. I've been saying this for sometime now. Our franchise mimics our behavior. Fractured, irrational and impatient. Until we ourselves change our behavior don't expect success in any significant way.

The team has changed its behavior to more rational and impatient. That's exactly why K-mart, SAS, etc. are throwing a pity-party for Melo. They want us to follow the same approach of trading picks and going after the JR Smith's of the league. In the long-run this is all for Melo's benefits. Next year's team will likely be the best Knick team Melo has ever played for.
NOOB77
General Manager
And1: 3,288

Post#471 » by NOOB77 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Didn't know which bash Melo thread to put this.....But one thing everyone bashed him on because AS*Hat had sources was he never reached out and welcomed KP to the team.....

Carmelo Anthony reached out to me after I got drafted. He said, "Congrats, welcome to the team." I didn't have his number, so I texted back, "Who's this?" And then a few minutes later, he said, "This is Melo" with his No. 7 as the "l." I met him actually when I came for my Knicks' tryout for the first time. We've talked a couple of times since then.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/carmelo-anthony-introduced-himself-to-kristaps-porzingis-as--me7o--in-a-text-201236573.html

So that is a quote from KP. I guess that RUMOR was false...
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: TRADING MELO 

Post#472 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:31 pm

el13adnino wrote:lets say that near the trade deadline, the knicks are a dozen or so games below .500
melo tell's phil he wants out and want to go to a contender by the deadline.
what are some realistic trades you guys can see happening with Melo waiving is trade clause ?

Depends on:

a. How well Anthony is doing.
b. How much Jackson can get for him.

Here's what Anthony has done the last 3 seasons. that's pretty dman impressive (even the injury year last year).
That's the plus.

Then you factor in the possible minuses. Age (32). Knicks by association.

The contract could be argued both as a plus or a minus (or an even break) due to the expected explosion in cap and what role players were getting this offseason.

It's definitely not garbage or crap as some folks are saying UNLESS Jackson wants that. Ultimately, it's going to be whatever Jackson can get for him if it comes to that.

Personally, and I've said this in the past and recently...the best time to look to deal him was probably a couple years back, at some point before the trade deadline in 2013-2014. A trade to the Bulls, which several proposed, would probably have netted a competent GM quite a haul. Enough to use parts to develop a new core and other parts to deal for the components needed to build that new core.

BUT because it's not as ideal right now doesn't mean we go off on the deep end and say now the Knicks can't get nothing but crap for him. That's just idiotically silly and...once again...overreacting.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#473 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:38 pm

Sark wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Sark wrote:

I know that. We don't have the capability to put the right team on the floor for him. The quicker everyone else realizes that, the quicker both he and we can move on.

And that doesn't equal hate. That just means accepting reality.

Then why is pretty much everything you say about Anthony drenched in hate? It is...it is...it is. Whether you realize it or not. Was it not your intent? If so, then fine.

The reality is that the Knicks have not been able to get the necessary team around him to be considered a title contender. Just like they couldn't when King was here, when Ewing was here, when Marbury was here. Unless you believe that Carmelo Anthony runs the front office as well, what is the hate directed at him for? He's not making the trades and the signings and coaching and developing players is he? Those are the parties that your anger (and everyone elses anger) should be directed at. I mean why do you think folks have made such a huge deal about Phil Jackson taking over? If the reason for the Knicks not being a great team is because Anthony, then who cares who's in charge of building the team, setting direction for this franchise, etc.? The point is hate in itself is bad, but IF you are going to hate at least direct it to the correct parties. Anthony has been the best player his entire time here. He's gone out and did his best to carry the team he was provided. What is the rationale for the hate? Because....yet again...he's not Lebron James...or Michael Jordan or Bill Russell or one of the greatest players of all time that can make bad teams great and good teams championship caliber?

Why does the reality that the chances this team will become a championship contender is small mean that Anthony is a piece of **** as a result? Him simply not being Lebron James caliber isn't rational reason to hate him.

The ultimate reality is that Carmelo Anthony is not Lebron James (doesn't mean he's crap, it just means he's not Lebron James)...and the sooner folks can accept that the sooner we can all move on. Some (many) still cannot. And ergo...why this nonsense will keep going on indefinitely...not just for Anthony's tenure here...but most likely Porzingis's as well if he can't be the next Lebron James type player. For Porzingis' sake, he better hope that Phil Jackson can actually put a top team round him or he'll be the next escapegoat...guaranteed...guaranteed.
brigadierjerry
Senior
And1: 53

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kenyon Martin: Carmelo Anthony Deserves Better Than A Rebuilding Knicks 

Post#474 » by brigadierjerry » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:01 pm

greenhughes wrote:
brigadierjerry wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Here's the Post article from when Ewing was traded.

http://nypost.com/2000/08/22/good-riddance-to-that-menacing-scowl/

Dude left every ounce of sweat he had on MSG's floor and got ran out like a case of "The Clap." And look how that turned out...

Now we have a guy that smiles too much. Go figure.

Capn O I remember that article but that was after he was traded. I think part of Ewing problem was his personality and making guarantees. Also I think the media is much worse on Carmelo than Ewing and King. King I don't remember media harsh on him just his teams weren't great

Greenhughes even that 54 win team the media saying outside of that type of play not sustainable did you feel the media was bashing the Knicks that season?

Yes, when the team struggled mid season. Go back in this very forum. It's there for you to see. People were acting as if the sky was falling when we had that long, mid season ruff patch.

I am talking more about the media though not the fans or the fans on realgm. Some fans can find any reason to complain even when the team are doing well and having a good season. I also think the fans on realgm doesn't represent the fanbase as a whole. If you listen to prizinges he says that the fans he meets in person are nice but not on social media. I think that is true when it comes to fans of the Knicks and even Carmelo. His jersey does well sales wise and usually is one of the top all star votes

MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#475 » by MrProb » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:13 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Image

If that's real thats cute as hell lol
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#476 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:31 pm

MrProb wrote:

If that's real thats cute as hell lol

Damn right its cute!

Cute shall inherit the Earth
ImageImageImage
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,080

Post#477 » by stuporman » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:32 pm

....both naps came against the Thunder. :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#478 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:38 pm

ImageImageImage
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#479 » by kosmovitelli » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:06 am

Cool ! A max cat we can afford in 2016 !
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#480 » by swisscheeseD » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:27 am

kosmovitelli wrote:

Cool ! A max cat we can afford in 2016 !

He's scared of the hand that feeds him. That p***y would never make it here in NY.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky

Return to New York Knicks