ImageImageImageImageImage

Report: New York Knicks Interested in Signing Carlos Boozer

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Re: Report: New York Knicks Interested in Signing Carlos Boozer 

Post#221 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:51 pm

moocow007 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Seriously, Javale McGee is an idiot. He absolutely does make Beasley seem like Tim Duncan. If we are going to buy adding McGee cause he can do one thing well, then I'm not getting why folks wanted JR Smith gone to begin with. McGee will make JR Smith look like Grant Hill when it comes to doing stupid things on and off the court. And...he's injury prone.

dude

come on

when was the last time a player brought you as many laughs and joy as McGee does?

This season is gonna be tough
He could at least make it entertaining!

JR Smith is available too. So is Nate Robinson. But I'm just pointing to inconsistencies in folks logic. We want to vilify and over react to Smith but then we want to excuse and minimize what a guy like McGee brings. You know me, I don't overreact to players like this and I would be fine if that's what they want to do (I'm still pushing for Delonte West). That's me personally. But some of the same folks that had been screaming for JR's head is in the same group that actually want McGee.

the only reason why I find it slightly more acceptable for McGee vs Smith is with Smith his moronic behavior was killing us on offense. JR shooting 18 3s in a game for example. JR's impact is on offense.
McGee is a moron but his brain farts tend not to happen on his side of the court, the defensive side
He's somewhat useful blocking shots and rebounding

then again Im not really lobbying for him anyway
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#222 » by Triple C » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:02 pm

12 pages on Boozer and we've not even signed him, True Detective on one thing was right this season, we get the world we deserve :D
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#223 » by El Poochio » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:02 pm

kane2021 wrote:Apparently I struck a nerve.

I left out a rant about people whos experience with the sport does not extend very far past nba 2k. And like magic! Beasly! A perfect video game signing. A player who hits lots of shots in an environment where experience and character dont factor into team chemistry.

You can even edit him and make him a few inches taller, and a few pounds heavier. So he can actually play power forward.

No one is giving Beasley more than 5 mins a game while you put Boozer in the starting lineup, along with Calderon-Afflalo-Melo, and deem it to be a respectable team, they run and defend in the game if you can press the buttons so guess who is the real 2k master

I have no problem if you want Boozer on your team, your preference, tastes, basketball view, but giving character analysis on people because they do not want a slow non defensive power forward thinking the game has evolved beyond those players is pointless and a bit absurd for me, but you can do whatever you want of course..

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#224 » by Bill Pidto » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:16 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Realgm is bla bla People are bla bla, some people want Boozer on this team, some people dont, and some people are in between. Its that simple, why this drama and essays on people's characters I have no idea lol

Egh... whatever... It's all part of the routine here. When you post something on realgm, you're not talking to a wall. We're all talking to each other, and everyone has an opinion and a personality type.. and when you're a long-time member of a forum like this.. it's sorta relevant. Especially for the more well-known members here- everyone has their own sort of online persona that plays into each conversation. And some of the narratives that exist on the board become a storyline within the storyline that is the Knicks. Have you not taken the tour? I think you have. I actually enjoy your persona a lot. At least I did when NDour was still a thing..

Meh so Bill Pidto is your online persona? I actually thought you were him and was scheming my way to ask you hire me to MSG Network or MSG itself

DA REAL BILL PIDTO IF YOU ARE READING THIS HIRE ME MATE LIKE A NON GUARANTEED VET MIN CONTRACT I WILL WORK 24/7 FOR KNICKS I WONT EVEN SLEEP REACH ME BEFORE CLIPS KIDNAP ME

I'm actually a special case. I'm not the real Bill Pidto, but I am the world's undisputed number 1 Bill Pidto fan, and it's not just an online persona. I live this life, day to day, night after night. The man is an icon and oh.. little known fact... he crushes more pussy than Dan Bilzerian and Leonardo DiCaprio combined. Bill Pidto 4 eva.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,167

Post#225 » by Capn'O » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:19 pm

I am a real captain.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,167

Post#226 » by Capn'O » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:22 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Screw all this boozchit!

Where's my damn contract!

Next to your cookie.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
El Poochio

Post#227 » by El Poochio » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:27 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:
Egh... whatever... It's all part of the routine here. When you post something on realgm, you're not talking to a wall. We're all talking to each other, and everyone has an opinion and a personality type.. and when you're a long-time member of a forum like this.. it's sorta relevant. Especially for the more well-known members here- everyone has their own sort of online persona that plays into each conversation. And some of the narratives that exist on the board become a storyline within the storyline that is the Knicks. Have you not taken the tour? I think you have. I actually enjoy your persona a lot. At least I did when NDour was still a thing..

Meh so Bill Pidto is your online persona? I actually thought you were him and was scheming my way to ask you hire me to MSG Network or MSG itself

DA REAL BILL PIDTO IF YOU ARE READING THIS HIRE ME MATE LIKE A NON GUARANTEED VET MIN CONTRACT I WILL WORK 24/7 FOR KNICKS I WONT EVEN SLEEP REACH ME BEFORE CLIPS KIDNAP ME

I'm actually a special case. I'm not the real Bill Pidto, but I am the world's undisputed number 1 Bill Pidto fan, and it's not just an online persona. I live this life, day to day, night after night. The man is an icon and oh.. little known fact... he crushes more pussy than Dan Bilzerian and Leonardo DiCaprio combined. Bill Pidto 4 eva.

Respect, that sounds harder than being the real Bill Pidto. Dont remember who he was, or what he was, but that reminds me my quite recently dark times which I have no recollection of, except some random sentiments of misery and tragedy.

I have won as many Oscars as Leonardo DiCaprio too, I should be the heir to your Master Pidto mate :D

El Poochio

Post#228 » by El Poochio » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Capn'O wrote:I am a real captain.

You are Captain Big O?

DECIPHERED YOUR REAL IDENTITY AS FCUK

You are the One and Only JARED "BIG O" JEFFRIES OOOOOOHHH

Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#229 » by Bill Pidto » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:53 am

El Poochio wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Respect, that sounds harder than being the real Bill Pidto.

Lol.......

You have to get in line, Pooch. The list goes like this in order of most admirable:

Pidto
Phil Jackson
Clyde_Style

That list is longer than it looks.
El Poochio

Post#230 » by El Poochio » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:14 am

Bill Pidto wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:

Respect, that sounds harder than being the real Bill Pidto.

Lol.......

You have to get in line, Pooch. The list goes like this in order of most admirable:

Pidto
Phil Jackson
Clyde_Style

That list is longer than it looks.

Phil Jackson being older than Bill Pidto (if he is mortal (unlike me)) and some illegal cookie distribution would be massive in this quest

johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#231 » by johnnywishbone » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:43 am

Probably not a good sign he has "boo" in his name.
Play time is over.
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#232 » by MrProb » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:42 am

Bill Pidto wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
kane2021 wrote:For Christ sakes. Why is it so difficult to just be real? Why does everything have to be a lop sided exaggeration of the imagination one way or the other? Either boozer is this awful player who will hurt the team and cause us more losses, or he is this mystical wonder man who can do things no one has ever seen him do. Whats this all about?

He has a mid range jumper on the catch and shoot thats effective. Thats perfect for the triangle. Thats perfect for drive and dish kick outs. Its perfect for carmelo on a bail out. He has a post game. Thats also perfect for the triangle. It will take pressure off of carmelo in that we can play him off the ball in certain match ups. He can rebound. We need that. We are a weak rebounding team and rebounding is key to winning games. Boozer would be one of the better rebounders we have had in some years.

He's also not a star and not confused about that. He's not trying to find past glory. Or make a name for himself. He's been a winning player most of his career. Is it because of his stellar play? No. Of course not. But its safe to assume he has become accustomed to the work and preparation that comes with being a playoff team and by default probably expects to play in the post season. He has played with major talents before. He knows exactly what he has to do with carmelo and how to play off of that.

He's not a great defensive player. He's not a great athlete. He has had injury problems his entire career. If he gets the ball in the post his mind is going to be set on scoring. His jump shot is slow. It gives a defense time to catch up to him and once in motion the ball is not getting passed. He's not a factor in a fast break. He's not a leader and at this point is not really a guy you can rely on night in night out.

Now if you took those negatives away from boozer, and made them positives,... you have a franchise player worth 16 million a year.

Keeping it in perspective, at the minimum, to the 2.8 mil exception, he's a very solid addition.

Lopez will take pressure off of boozer. Boozer takes pressure off of melo. Boozer takes pressure off of the kids. This is all positive. And its all worth the little bit of money we are talking here. You wont get that by signing some young reject off another teams roster.

Jose
Afflallo
Melo
Boozer
Lopez

Thats a solid starting unit. All things considered. It makes for an exciting bench that on most nights will be younger, faster and more talented than who we go against. Gives those kids a chance to be better than the competition, gain confidence and learn the pro game.

What im seeing here is some people who dont want a solid starting 5. They want to see the young players play this role. They dont care if the team wins or if it stunts their growth. They just want to see those kids take shots. They're not thinking about the long term future of the franchise they just want to be entertained RIGHT now. Then have something to complain about come summer when the raptors are discussing their options with our lottery pick.

That starting 5 I just mentioned is not potent. Its not overly talented but its balanced. Its the type of starting 5 that carmelo should like because he can take control of games and have solid reliable players to go to in a pinch that will hit their shots. Rebound misses. It gives us a exciting 2nd unit that I bet will cause headaches for other teams. Gives those young kids a cheer leading squad of veteran players who will encourage them and teach them. And who knows,... maybe eventually surpass them and take their roles from them.

You cant have your cake and eat it too. You want to make a run at respectability and maybe grab up the 8th seed? You do it with a group of guys who know how to get it done. Not a group of kids who need to learn the game. Or young playoff team rejects. Or a bust with a history of drug issues and mental health disabilities.

Again we are talking about a player coming on for less than 3 million. A patch for one year. While maintaining a positive work environment, and developing younger players in a situation where they dont have the weight of the world on their shoulders. I feel stupid for even typing all this up because it dont even matter. Some folks have agendas and just want to see themselves speak. Could care less about the team. Put porzingas out there for 28 minutes a game and make him the focal point of the offense. Watch him struggle. Pressure him to become a star tonight. Who cares as long as you get to play ESPN first take on realgm after every game right?

I wasn't on board with Boozer at all but this post sold me! Well done my man :clap:

Lol same here. Well.. On board might be a strong term to use, but I'm not gonna be mad about it.

Kane is that dude. He made a lot of great points. Fans do tend to try to make everything black and white, because most without even realizing it, are trying to just argue for their opinion and not what's actually best for the team. Even if there's enough proof to disprove them, some only argue more intensely to remain correct instead of conceding anything at all.

I really don't like Boozer at all, but maybe that's because like Kane said, he's been on a lot of winning teams, which makes it easier for his weaknesses to stand out. But this probably isn't the type of team or the type of cheap contract to reject a player like him. He could help. I just hope before signing him, he and Phil can come to an understanding that we need him to be a true veteran presence and help some of these young guys find their way. I don't want to see him come in here and be overly concerned with minutes and shots.

He's not just Kane.. he's WU-TANG KANE
TraSoul82
Junior
And1: 182

Post#233 » by TraSoul82 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:47 pm

McGee would never last in NYC. When he was in DC, he basically lived at the club. It was either him or Andray Blatche I saw. GUARANTEED to see one if not both. And I didn't go out often.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#234 » by Barcs » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:23 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Barcs wrote:I wouldn't mind Boozer at all. He has always been a good defensive presence, and plays hard from start to finish. I know he's getting old, but getting him for near vet min would be a steal, IMO. We could use a veteran like that to provide some leadership to the young guys. I feel like he would bring the right attitude.

I hope you forgot the green. He's as much as of a defensive presence as Amar'e, if not even worse.

Maybe I'm wrong, his D stats are nothing great, but Chicago's defense did take a **** after he left. They went from top of the league to mediocre. I know part of it was Noah missing some games as well but he had a presence on the team. Granted, I didn't watch nearly enough Bulls games to really analyze everything, but he always seemed like one of those grinder guys that can give almost a Charles Oakley type presence. No, I'm not saying he's Charles Oakley, I'm referencing his effort and leadership. Ah well. :crazy: < - Yeah that's me.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#235 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:35 pm

Barcs wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
Barcs wrote:I wouldn't mind Boozer at all. He has always been a good defensive presence, and plays hard from start to finish. I know he's getting old, but getting him for near vet min would be a steal, IMO. We could use a veteran like that to provide some leadership to the young guys. I feel like he would bring the right attitude.

I hope you forgot the green. He's as much as of a defensive presence as Amar'e, if not even worse.

Maybe I'm wrong, his D stats are nothing great, but Chicago's defense did take a **** after he left. They went from top of the league to mediocre. I know part of it was Noah missing some games as well but he had a presence on the team. Granted, I didn't watch nearly enough Bulls games to really analyze everything, but he always seemed like one of those grinder guys that can give almost a Charles Oakley type presence. No, I'm not saying he's Charles Oakley, I'm referencing his effort and leadership. Ah well. :crazy: < - Yeah that's me.

The defense was still good because they had elite defenders around him and the best defensive coach/ scheme. Also, they benched him almost every fourth quarter because his defense was so bad. His presence was absolutely nothing like Oakley's on defense - Oak played with heart, toughness, strength, and leadership; Boozer didn't play any defense at all.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#236 » by moocow007 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:39 pm

Capn'O wrote:I am a real captain.

Obviously you are.
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#237 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 6:55 am

If Jackson can even convince Boozer to pick NY (I think if any solid team offers him the vet min, he'd take that over NY's mini-MLE), he might be one of his better pick up this off-season.

He is not a good defender, but still an upgrade over Amar'e and Bargnani. He is also a better rebounder than those two. He would probably be the third best scorer (behind Anthony & Affalo) on the Knicks right now. And no, Porzingis has not proved himself as an NBA-level scorer. That's a pretty sad roster.

Jackson has put WAY too much emphasis on "triangle-type" player; far more over talent or skill or athleticism. He wants to prove that his triangle offense is the reason for his championships, and not Jordan/Pippen or Shaq/Kobe with support players like a healthy Bynum, still-in-his-prime Gasol, Horace Grant, Rodman, Kukoc, and shooters like Kerr, Fisher, Horry, etc, etc. Triangle over Talent. That's Phil's philosophy. Carmelo and a bunch of scrubs are going to get Jackson his 12th ring.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
bballoctober
Rookie
And1: 377

Post#238 » by bballoctober » Sat Aug 1, 2015 1:56 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:If Jackson can even convince Boozer to pick NY (I think if any solid team offers him the vet min, he'd take that over NY's mini-MLE), he might be one of his better pick up this off-season.

He is not a good defender, but still an upgrade over Amar'e and Bargnani. He is also a better rebounder than those two. He would probably be the third best scorer (behind Anthony & Affalo) on the Knicks right now. And no, Porzingis has not proved himself as an NBA-level scorer. That's a pretty sad roster.

Jackson has put WAY too much emphasis on "triangle-type" player; far more over talent or skill or athleticism. He wants to prove that his triangle offense is the reason for his championships, and not Jordan/Pippen or Shaq/Kobe with support players like a healthy Bynum, still-in-his-prime Gasol, Horace Grant, Rodman, Kukoc, and shooters like Kerr, Fisher, Horry, etc, etc. Triangle over Talent. That's Phil's philosophy. Carmelo and a bunch of scrubs are going to get Jackson his 12th ring.

If all the Spanish league and Summer league scouting videos don't prove to you that KP can score in the NBA, then you must be in a different planet than everybody else.
I will only cherish the wins and ignore everything else, because that's the only way to survive as a Knicks fan.
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,316

Post#239 » by Moose » Sat Aug 1, 2015 2:05 pm

bballoctober wrote:
KnicksScholar24 wrote:If Jackson can even convince Boozer to pick NY (I think if any solid team offers him the vet min, he'd take that over NY's mini-MLE), he might be one of his better pick up this off-season.

If all the Spanish league and Summer league scouting videos don't prove to you that KP can score in the NBA, then you must be in a different planet than everybody else.

Despite however you feel about the entirety of his point, you can't expect KP to be an 18ppg guy in his rookie year.

The roster may have a hard time scoring. It seems likely, even.
bballoctober
Rookie
And1: 377

Post#240 » by bballoctober » Sat Aug 1, 2015 2:30 pm

Moose wrote:
bballoctober wrote:

Despite however you feel about the entirety of his point, you can't expect KP to be an 18ppg guy in his rookie year.

The roster may have a hard time scoring. It seems likely, even.

I agree, but I see him putting up at least 10 PPG on 46% FG pct. which is on your way to establish yourself as an NBA player.
I will only cherish the wins and ignore everything else, because that's the only way to survive as a Knicks fan.

Return to New York Knicks