ImageImageImageImageImage

Charles Barkley likes the Knicks!?!?!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,497

Re: Charles Barkley likes the Knicks!?!?! 

Post#101 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:47 pm

at least someone is showing us some love
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#102 » by BallSacBounce » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:58 am

BKlutch wrote:Two things out of Barkley's mouth shocked me today:
1. He said the Knicks have NBA players and should be on national TV
2. He is home, using a walker, while recovering from hip replacement surgery.

One of the toughest guys in the NBA has broken down (of course, years after he stopped playing). I think I'll go out now and stretch these old legs of mine.

He should be ashamed of himself using a walker. My 76 year old stepmother was walking around unassisted 2 weeks after.

Man up chuckles.
Vash
Rookie
And1: 129

Post#103 » by Vash » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:01 am

When the Knicks cannot win 20, Barkley can say what he wants.

Barkley is just honest, he used to love the Ewing and eventually the Houston Knicks. THese guys just suck.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#104 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:19 am

Vash wrote:When the Knicks cannot win 20, Barkley can say what he wants.

Barkley is just honest, he used to love the Ewing and eventually the Houston Knicks. These guys just suck.

Did you really mean "THESE" guys just suck? Do you really think this is last year's team? Perhaps you didn't write what you meant.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,464

Post#105 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:20 am

I always find myself agreeing with big ol fat chuck.. I must suck at basketball watchings.
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,116

Post#106 » by E86 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:10 am

ibraheim718 wrote:I always find myself agreeing with big ol fat chuck.. I must suck at basketball watchings.

You're right a lot so I think you're a stellar watcher of basketball.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,503

Post#107 » by KnicksGod » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:24 am

I just know that it would be depressing sitting here with Winslow.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,464

Post#108 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 am

E86 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:I always find myself agreeing with big ol fat chuck.. I must suck at basketball watchings.

You're right a lot so I think you're a stellar watcher of basketball.

I seriously think this team is making the playoffs.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#109 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 pm

Everyone is underrating RoLo and AA. With more minutes, more responsibilities, more shots, these two can play well as Tyson and JR did in 2013.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#110 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:36 pm

RoLo is gonna be stud here.

Vs Mozgov
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_-6vKlzp4[/youtube]

Vs Dwight
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0BWXn6GZzQ[/youtube]

Vs DeAndre
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk7aictlY4I[/youtube]
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,510

Post#111 » by Iron Mantis » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:07 pm

It's pretty obvious the Knicks are at least playoff-bound. Anyone expecting less is basically deluding themselves with irrational bias.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,435

Post#112 » by JXL » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:It's pretty obvious the Knicks are at least playoff-bound. Anyone expecting less is basically deluding themselves with irrational bias.

1) Totally different team.
2) Rookies intended to get playing time
3) Melo's health through an 82 game season
4) Reliable 2nd option

Not saying they can't make the playoffs, but those reasons can make a difference. Let's hope they overachieve.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,510

Post#113 » by Iron Mantis » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:21 pm

JXL wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:It's pretty obvious the Knicks are at least playoff-bound. Anyone expecting less is basically deluding themselves with irrational bias.

4) Reliable 2nd option

Not saying they can't make the playoffs, but those reasons can make a difference. Let's hope they overachieve.

The only thing iffy is the emergence of a reliable second option.

The rookies are both NBA ready. Grant put in a full college run and is a high IQ player who can defend, while Porzi has been playing in a competitive league with adults for several years already and can defend; defense is so important.

They both have good offensive games, as we already know, and Grant can dish the rock. Some have Jose pegged at starter, but I want Grant, because it sets a defensive tone early. No more giving teams running starts and losing the game in the 1st quarter.

If Jose has a renewed commitment to lock-down defense then give him the green. If not, he's anchoring the second unit.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,435

Post#114 » by JXL » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
JXL wrote:

4) Reliable 2nd option

The only thing iffy is the emergence of a reliable second option.

The rookies are both NBA ready. Grant put in a full college run and is a high IQ player who can defend, while Porzi has been playing in a competitive league with adults for several years already and can defend; defense is so important.

They both have good offensive games, as we already know, and Grant can dish the rock. Some have Jose pegged at starter, but I want Grant, because it sets a defensive tone early. No more giving teams running starts and losing the game in the 1st quarter.

If Jose has a renewed commitment to lock-down defense then give him the green. If not, he's anchoring the second unit.

BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,083

Post#115 » by stuporman » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Yea, I don't think you can put 'Calderon' and 'lock down defense' in the same sentence without the use of the word 'laughable' in it, too.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#116 » by jbent87 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:57 pm

Amazing the trickle down effect having an established superstar can have. Coming down the stretch last year I was irritated as a Sixers fan with all of the backlash Hinkie was receiving for tanking while the Knicks and the Zenmaster had essentially decided to do the same thing. A top 5 pick and an active postseason later where the team surrounded the existing superstar with role players and this team looks like it could make a run in the East. GL to you guys.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,083

Post#117 » by stuporman » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:56 pm

jbent87 wrote:Amazing the trickle down effect having an established superstar can have. Coming down the stretch last year I was irritated as a Sixers fan with all of the backlash Hinkie was receiving for tanking while the Knicks and the Zenmaster had essentially decided to do the same thing. A top 5 pick and an active postseason later where the team surrounded the existing superstar with role players and this team looks like it could make a run in the East. GL to you guys.

For one thing I don't think Jackson went into the season intending to tank, he wanted to contend for a playoff spot while the team was in a transition as he transformed the core during the season. That fell apart quickly as that old core was imploding so he shifted gears and made moves to let the team maximize it's pick. The tank happened spontaneously but it's obvious he didn't try to fight it and actively let it happen once it was apparent it was going down that way.

Hinkie has looked like he intended to tank for a few years now and fans can put up with one or maybe two years of that but his plan looks like a 5 year tank and that can be frustrating to fans who want something to root for, to have hope for. Yes, it is different that the Knicks have Melo already here so their tank process looks more like what the Spurs did when Robinson went down with injury and they got Duncan as a result. Which is different than what the Sixers are doing which is more like what the Thunder and Warriors did by being in the lottery for a bunch of years to stockpile young talent.

It could be that 3-4 years from now the Sixers are a team that is lauded for taking this approach or Hinkie could be laughed at for it. All depends on the talent acquired, how well they develop, fit together and grow as a team. Don't despair too much about it, it could be worse, your GM could be Isiah Thomas. GL to you, too.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#118 » by Barcs » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:27 pm

*buys Charles Barkley jersey.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to New York Knicks