ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Bry: Need Opinions on My Site Again.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

OT - Bry: Need Opinions on My Site Again. 

Post#1 » by Ugalde » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:56 pm

**Primary Question**
I was wondering if you guys could take a look at my website again(I've worked on it a lot since the last time I've posted here), and let me know if you guys have any opinions.

Also, do you guys have any ideas on video features I can do, weekly to keep people coming back. I've been thinking about this for awhile but I can't really come up with anything.

http://www.BryEmpire.com

Thanks again guys,
-Bry

**Quick Update on Myself**

Hey guys, me again.
I know I have done this before, but this is really where I have gotten the best critiques on my website. I figured I could just check in and get any opinions from anyone.

So I've been working more and more on my music and music career since I have last spoken to you guys. I've worked on the site, marketing, doing more shows, creating more songs, and overall just building a small fan base within my community. This has really help me build more success slowly. I've learned to start focusing on each individual fan instead of my fanbase as a whole.

This has helped me build sucess for sure. The people that are fans, actually support me. They buy some of my stuff which allows me to create more and more.

I've recently gotten my music on iTunes, Google Play, and Spotify, which have been great for me so far. I also did another show that helped build confidence and gain some new supporters.

I also had some really nice CD's made at a low price with a little creativity and help from my Empress.

New CD:
Really love this.

Live Performance:
Performing "For My Dyns
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D1CItImdF8[/youtube]

New Song:
Bry - Never Let You Down
Love my little brother.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6T2d3zcgrg[/youtube]

Thanks for helping me out through all this guys.
I just keep pushing and pushing.
Every day I work harder and harder.
Every day I get a little smarter.
I really try.
-Bry
politics
to many 3s
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,975

Re: OT - Bry: Need Opinions on My Site Again. 

Post#2 » by BigShot Bojan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:16 pm

Its not bad...but SEO wise its terrible... (No meta description, no meta keywords, no header tags no alt tags, no xml site map, no structured data for rich snippets) i would definitely look into that... no use in having talent if no eyes see it....
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Ugalde
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by Ugalde » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:17 pm

knicks85 wrote:Its not bad...but SEO wise its terrible... (No meta description, no h1s no alt tags, no xml site map, no structured data for rich snippets) i would definitely look into that... no use in having talent if no eyes see it....

Thanks for the input man. I've never even heard of that stuff lol. This music stuff has been one big learning process for me. I'll get on Google and start reading about "SEO" now lol.
politics
to many 3s
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,975

Post#4 » by BigShot Bojan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:22 pm

Ugalde wrote:
knicks85 wrote:Its not bad...but SEO wise its terrible... (No meta description, no h1s no alt tags, no xml site map, no structured data for rich snippets) i would definitely look into that... no use in having talent if no eyes see it....

Thanks for the input man. I've never even heard of that stuff lol. This music stuff has been one big learning process for me. I'll get on Google and start reading about "SEO" now lol.

thats the attitude to have!

As a quick debriefer:
thiers three parts to SEO
website structure
content
relevance

WEbsite structure are partially what i listed above. It allows search engines to crawl your page and index it.

Content is what these crawlers read and identify how relevant it is .

And relevance is based on who links to you and content.

Moz is a great utility foir SEO
heres for starters:
https://moz.com/blog/music-seo-2015

IF you have any questions feel free to pm me
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Ugalde
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by Ugalde » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:35 pm

knicks85 wrote:
Ugalde wrote:

thats the attitude to have!

As a quick debriefer:
thiers three parts to SEO
website structure
content
relevance

WEbsite structure are partially what i listed above. It allows search engines to crawl your page and index it.

Content is what these crawlers read and identify how relevant it is .

And relevance is based on who links to you and content.

Moz is a great utility foir SEO
heres for starters:
https://moz.com/blog/music-seo-2015

IF you have any questions feel free to pm me

Just from the reading I just did on that link you sent me. It is crazy to see how much the tiny little things in this music business matter(I know this already of course), but this is just a perfect example how something that seems so small, makes such a HUGE difference.

Will keep reading man.
politics
to many 3s
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#6 » by spikeslovechild » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:29 am

A couple of other things:

!) You need to check your links on the site.

2) You need to cross link the names of involved with wiki or create a blurb of who they are on your own site.
brooklynoxy
Senior
And1: 121

Post#7 » by brooklynoxy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Hey Bry,
I don' know anything about the technology of your work. Also, I am older than most of your target audience—I'll be 62 in a week and some days. But I really enjoyed your lyrics, music, stage presence, sand like everything else, I cannot give you what you probably asked for in your first post. But, I can see the effort put into your site and it made me want to navigate the store portion of your store.

Check these two out in comparison to yours. He is a singer/songwriter/guitarist.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_QdL-Pml5Y[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQW36ZnlwRs[/youtube]
"You have to respect your coach. I know LeBron's a great player, but I think he stepped over the line." Walt "Clyde" Frazier

Return to New York Knicks